Please someone explain

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Please someone explain

How do a few people, not just Rusty, constantly give BB a pass on how the team is coached and plays but can turn and place all the blame on Brady and McD. How many time does it have to hit them in the face that team is what it is... BB has his finger print on everything.  This is more then a trend the results are years in the making, just accept this is what the Pats have become. This is a weekly gameplan, try to exploit weaknesses, and only run the ball if it is there team.  Now you may not agree with this type of play but this is how the team is ran and you need to step into reality and accept it or but the blame where it belong at BB's feet.

Am I way off base? How can there be any real conversation when people are in denial over the fact the coaching runs the team the way they want, win or lose. Brady has shown if they call for running the team will run more, If the coaches don't think someone is not working out they change personnel.  Brady doesn't tell the coaches in the 30 sec or less to get the next play ran what personnel to sub in.  If BB doesn't like how the game is being managed by his OC he can tell him what his wishes are or change strategy at half time or during game... he could do anything but stand on the sideline like a wounded duck letting his team be ran to the ground by others.

It is so frustrating for every topic to get change with such a faulty logic argument.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: Please someone explain

I can explain it.  31 teams every year do not win the super bowl.  Stop bawling.

The team over achieved.  Just about every player on the roster should be proud of that and fans should be proud of that.

The coach deserves a parade.

They have tons of work to do going forward.  lots of decisions to make.  Sitting around and bawling about the coach or the QB really is complete nonsense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

No idea.  I don't usually make a point of criticizing Brady or the coordinators that obsessively so I can't really comment.  One could make the argument that in specific situations BB's attention might be elsewhere for whatever reason and the coordinator needs to be able to function on their own, but people seem to be making larger philosophical criticisms that really are an indictment of BB.  I do think the coaching staff had a poor game this week, but the players certainly share some of the blame as well.  Not one of BB's better games, but I think there have been worse and frankly they don't happen very often.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

How do a few people, not just Rusty, constantly give BB a pass on how the team is coached and plays but can turn and place all the blame on Brady and McD. How many time does it have to hit them in the face that team is what it is... BB has his finger print on everything.  This is more then a trend the results are years in the making, just accept this is what the Pats have become. This is a weekly gameplan, try to exploit weaknesses, and only run the ball if it is there team.  Now you may not agree with this type of play but this is how the team is ran and you need to step into reality and accept it or but the blame where it belong at BB's feet.

Am I way off base? How can there be any real conversation when people are in denial over the fact the coaching runs the team the way they want, win or lose. Brady has shown if they call for running the team will run more, If the coaches don't think someone is not working out they change personnel.  Brady doesn't tell the coaches in the 30 sec or less to get the next play ran what personnel to sub in.  If BB doesn't like how the game is being managed by his OC he can tell him what his wishes are or change strategy at half time or during game... he could do anything but stand on the sideline like a wounded duck letting his team be ran to the ground by others.

It is so frustrating for every topic to get change with such a faulty logic argument.

CS, Yesterday was the ONLY GAME LOSSED ALL SEASON LONG that the PATRIOTS DIDN'T HAVE A LEGIT CHANCE TO WIN towards the end of REGULATUION. Believe it or not, its true. The other 4-losses were all very controversial, last minute type endings. The coaches and staff are responsible for preparing the team well enough to be in position to win the game. Yesterday, BB and staff had a sound game plan, but when your star, HOF QB does not execute on the throws/plays that are uncontested and he really should, you can't expect to win. Thats like uncontested drops....NO EXCUSE, especailly for a HOF, all time great like Tom. TB performs well, we have a chance to win and normally do. If not, we almost always lose. He didn't perform well yesterday, and this time in either half, with his many poor throws and that clutch sack, therefore, we lost. He never made his characteristic push the way he normally has. Its that simple. It was a TEAM LOSS including the coaches, BUT after all is said and done, if TOM completes his open throws, we keep the ball many more plays and likely score more points. IF YOU ARE THAT GUY whenever the team wins, then YOU ARE THAT GUY whenever the team loses. Fair or not, it is the way it works for eveyone outside of the organization, media, fans. Especialy when its clear that YOU didn't play the way everyone is expecting that you will. ITS THE PRICE OF GETTING MOST OF THE GLORY when you win in pro sports. Bill's selfblame is designed to take the heat off of his players, just like truly great coaches always do........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

No idea.  I don't usually make a point of criticizing Brady or the coordinators that obsessively so I can't really comment.  One could make the argument that in specific situations BB's attention might be elsewhere for whatever reason and the coordinator needs to be able to function on their own, but people seem to be making larger philosophical criticisms that really are an indictment of BB.  I do think the coaching staff had a poor game this week, but the players certainly share some of the blame as well.  Not one of BB's better games, but I think there have been worse and frankly they don't happen very often.

I just think everyone is to blame, it was a bad game for the offense, defense, and coaching.  It was not a good game plan, or execution on both sides. To blame one person is just crazy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

I get your point but the head cach delegates according to a gameplan.  I think Mcd has a lot of restraints I'm sure ...  mainly that the plays fall into a conservative category that is approved at one time or another. 

The fact that certain plays are run and there is a lack of imagination when certain players (your best athletes) are not utilized is ultimately  Belichicks fault not only in game but all week in preparation not being able to emphasize the players that should be getting the ball and designing plays to do that.  Also it is Belichick who hand picked McD as the OC after Weis left and has shaped the offensive philosophy of this team.

McD gets blamed for not having the backbone to implement his own signature and philosophy on the offense.   This is his job .  The fact that he has BB lording over his every move is no excuse.  Have some balls.  Show some creativity. 

ONe play comes to mind...   It is the stretch play action play.  This play went in early in the year when the pats were struggling on offense and suddenly this play gave Brady al kinds of time because the pass rush was washed down the line of scrimmage.

It worked again yesterday but Brady missed the long throws.  The point is why not run different patterns off this basic dropback and hit them.  Keep running it until they stop it.  Run screens off it.  Dopn't always go for the home run.

Another formation was the opening series. They opened with Vereen and Develin split in the backfield.   I was like thats different... Then brady threw to Edelman for 4 yards.  first play of the game.  I dont remember that formation again so I don't know why it was used ....  I thought maybe Develin would get some catches since he has shown good hands. ...  not so much.  thing is , just too much fail and not enough attacking strategy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Let's pause to remember that the Pats last won the SB 9 years ago.

Sports is all about what have you done for me lately...

Let the past be....live in the here and now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

I get your point but the head cach delegates according to a gameplan.  I think Mcd has a lot of restraints I'm sure ...  mainly that the plays fall into a conservative category that is approved at one time or another. 

The fact that certain plays are run and there is a lack of imagination when certain players (your best athletes) are not utilized is ultimately  Belichicks fault not only in game but all week in preparation not being able to emphasize the players that should be getting the ball and designing plays to do that.  Also it is Belichick who hand picked McD as the OC after Weis left and has shaped the offensive philosophy of this team.

McD gets blamed for not having the backbone to implement his own signature and philosophy on the offense.   This is his job .  The fact that he has BB lording over his every move is no excuse.  Have some balls.  Show some creativity. 

ONe play comes to mind...   It is the stretch play action play.  This play went in early in the year when the pats were struggling on offense and suddenly this play gave Brady al kinds of time because the pass rush was washed down the line of scrimmage.

It worked again yesterday but Brady missed the long throws.  The point is why not run different patterns off this basic dropback and hit them.  Keep running it until they stop it.  Run screens off it.  Dopn't always go for the home run.

Another formation was the opening series. They opened with Vereen and Develin split in the backfield.   I was like thats different... Then brady threw to Edelman for 4 yards.  first play of the game.  I dont remember that formation again so I don't know why it was used ....  I thought maybe Develin would get some catches since he has shown good hands. ...  not so much.  thing is , just too much fail and not enough attacking strategy.

I thought the whole game was disjoined untill they spread and let Brady go a bit. Also why did they not take the field goal or have a real RB in during the Two point conversion?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

I'm happy this team made it as far as it did.  To be devastated by injuries as they were and to make the AFC championship game is commendable.  Talib was the straw that broke the camels back.  With it the game would have at least been much closer.  They would have had a chance.  Without him they had none.

I will tell you what though, the defense looks fierce next year.  The front seven of Jones, Wilfolk, Kelly/Davis/etc, Nink, Mayo, Hightower, and Collins is scarry.  If they can bring back Talib to go with McCourty, Dennard, Arrington. et al It will be very fun to Watch.  The injuries forced Hightower, Collins, and Davis to step up, and they did.

The offense on the other hand needs some work.  Edelmen, and Blount are FA, and the core O Line of Cannon, Volmer, Solider, Mankins, Connely, and Wendell is decent but getting old.  TE and WR are a mess.  Dobson, Tompkins, Amendola, Boyce, and even Edelmen are all nice complimentary players.  They need at least 1(Gronk), but more likely 2 leaders to take over a game.  Gronk is a pure unknown at this point.  Can you ever get a full sut of him?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

I thought the whole game was disjoined untill they spread and let Brady go a bit. Also why did they not take the field goal or have a real RB in during the Two point conversion?

Its plays like the 4th and 2 sack and 2-pt conversion when you really understand how Tom's lack of mobility limits the team nowadays. It just doesn't help that everyone on D is getting faster while our QB at 36, going on 37, is only getting that much slower. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:

I'm happy this team made it as far as it did.  To be devastated by injuries as they were and to make the AFC championship game is commendable.  Talib was the straw that broke the camels back.  With it the game would have at least been much closer.  They would have had a chance.  Without him they had none.

I will tell you what though, the defense looks fierce next year.  The front seven of Jones, Wilfolk, Kelly/Davis/etc, Nink, Mayo, Hightower, and Collins is scarry.  If they can bring back Talib to go with McCourty, Dennard, Arrington. et al It will be very fun to Watch.  The injuries forced Hightower, Collins, and Davis to step up, and they did.

The offense on the other hand needs some work.  Edelmen, and Blount are FA, and the core O Line of Cannon, Volmer, Solider, Mankins, Connely, and Wendell is decent but getting old.  TE and WR are a mess.  Dobson, Tompkins, Amendola, Boyce, and even Edelmen are all nice complimentary players.  They need at least 1(Gronk), but more likely 2 leaders to take over a game.  Gronk is a pure unknown at this point.  Can you ever get a full sut of him?

Good post. I agree with all of it except who's Davis?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

Its plays like the 4th and 2 sack and 2-pt conversion when you really understand how Tom's lack of mobility limits the team nowadays. It just doesn't help that everyone on D is getting faster while our QB at 36, going on 37, is only getting that much slower. 

I would agree with this if they did not just get beaten by the one QB in the NFL who is probably less mobile than Brady.

The team has not been good enough to win the Super Bowl for nine seasons, yet their coach and QB in both in the discussion for the best off all-time. In a league where the coach and QB are the two most important jobs in the organization they should be winning. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Per my previous post that is certainly grounds for questioning certain play calls and putting it on the OC, but if you are questioning the entire offensive philosophy over the course of an entire game or season the fact that BB stops sometimes to coach up the defense isn't a strong counterargument.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In .

to pcmIV's comment:

[/QU.iE]

Per my previous post that is certainly grounds for questioning certaia calls and putting it on the OC, but if youoning the entire offensive philosophy over the course of an entire game or season the fact that BB stops sometimes to coach up the defense isn't a strong counterargument.

And to be clear I do have a problem with the philosophy and I do blame BB for not valuing the run game enough as a GM and a coach, but I also hate the fact that we tend to absolutely abandon the run at the 1st sign of adversity and fall back on Brady to dig us out without much help in terms of setting him up for success.just my opinion

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In .

to pcmIV's comment:

[/QU.iE]

Per my previous post that is certainly grounds for questioning certaia calls and putting it on the OC, but if youoning the entire offensive philosophy over the course of an entire game or season the fact that BB stops sometimes to coach up the defense isn't a strong counterargument.

And to be clear I do have a problem with the philosophy and I do blame BB for not valuing the run game enough as a GM and a coach, but I also hate the fact that we tend to absolutely abandon the run at the 1st sign of adversity and fall back on Brady to dig us out without much help in terms of setting him up for success.just my opinion

This I completely agree with. I think BB skates on this subject. He decides the roster and the OC (and can tell the OC what to do). If a team has the same flaw for years, the HC and GM needs to take some blame!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

CS, Yesterday was the ONLY GAME LOSSED ALL SEASON LONG that the PATRIOTS DIDN'T HAVE A LEGIT CHANCE TO WIN towards the end of REGULATUION. Believe it or not, its true. The other 4-losses were all very controversial, last minute type endings. The coaches and staff are responsible for preparing the team well enough to be in position to win the game. Yesterday, BB and staff had a sound game plan, but when your star, HOF QB does not execute on the throws/plays that are uncontested and he really should, you can't expect to win. Thats like uncontested drops....NO EXCUSE, especailly for a HOF, all time great like Tom. TB performs well, we have a chance to win and normally do. If not, we almost always lose. He didn't perform well yesterday, and this time in either half, with his many poor throws and that clutch sack, therefore, we lost. He never made his characteristic push the way he normally has. Its that simple. It was a TEAM LOSS including the coaches, BUT after all is said and done, if TOM completes his open throws, we keep the ball many more plays and likely score more points. IF YOU ARE THAT GUY whenever the team wins, then YOU ARE THAT GUY whenever the team loses. Fair or not, it is the way it works for eveyone outside of the organization, media, fans. Especialy when its clear that YOU didn't play the way everyone is expecting that you will. ITS THE PRICE OF GETTING MOST OF THE GLORY when you win in pro sports. Bill's selfblame is designed to take the heat off of his players, just like truly great coaches always do........

I yelled at the television when he missed a wide open Edelman...I did. I was in a roomful of people and I swore rather loudly...everyone said, relax, it's early, are you expecting him to complete every pass? Truth is if we were to win that game yesterday he had to. I swore again when he missed Collie. Other than that I didn't think he was bad. I'd give him a B, but we all know by now that a B isn't good enough with the way this team is built. I don't fault him on that sack. I thought the touchdown run was very good. I thought the miss to Edelman in the endzone was bad, but he followed it up with a bullet for the touchdown the very next play.

This guy really doesn't have anything to throw to right now...I'm surprised people don't realize this. There is no redzone threat. There is no deep threat. There is no dynamic talent teams have to game plan for. Look at what Manning has right now...he has time to throw, he's got two backs that are better than what we have, he's got a dynamic tightend, and three very very good receivers. Brady has Edelman and sometimes Vareen...not good enough. Nowhere near it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

I can explain it.  31 teams every year do not win the super bowl.  Stop bawling.

The team over achieved.  Just about every player on the roster should be proud of that and fans should be proud of that.

The coach deserves a parade.

They have tons of work to do going forward.  lots of decisions to make.  Sitting around and bawling about the coach or the QB really is complete nonsense.

Agree.  Few people seem to be able to see shades of gray.  They believe that "best" is synonymous with perfect and infallible.  BB has done nothing but give us winning seasons year after year after year.  We are in the thick of it each and every year.  I'll take this consistency.  If someone out there does it better then tell us who he is?  Who else fields winning teams every single year? 

I'm as disappointed as anyone about the game.  They were flat and seemed like they were just happy to be there.  That usually indicates coaching mistakes.  That doesn't mean BB isn't the best coach/GM out there.  Being very good, being the best, does not mean you never make a mistake, never have a bad gameplan, never bring in a FA who doesn't work out, never make a bad draft pick, etc.  It simply means that your total body of work is better than anyone else at the position.  That very much describes BB.  We can spend our offseason each year "knowing" our team will have a winning season and make the playoffs when football resumes.

A good team with a great coach got beat.  It happens.  Kudos to the Broncos.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

For us to win that game Brady has to hit Edelmen OR collie, AND talib has to not get hurt.  There would have been a remote chance if he hit both passes AND talib still got hurt, but I do not think so even them.  Talib was key, as was not hitting EITHER bomb that was open.  No crying over spilt milk.  Given the season long injuries, I'm happy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I yelled at the television when he missed a wide open Edelman...I did. I was in a roomful of people and I swore rather loudly...everyone said, relax, it's early, are you expecting him to complete every pass? Truth is if we were to win that game yesterday he had to. I swore again when he missed Collie. Other than that I didn't think he was bad. I'd give him a B, but we all know by now that a B isn't good enough with the way this team is built. I don't fault him on that sack. I thought the touchdown run was very good. I thought the miss to Edelman in the endzone was bad, but he followed it up with a bullet for the touchdown the very next play.

This guy really doesn't have anything to throw to right now...I'm surprised people don't realize this. There is no redzone threat. There is no deep threat. There is no dynamic talent teams have to game plan for. Look at what Manning has right now...he has time to throw, he's got two backs that are better than what we have, he's got a dynamic tightend, and three very very good receivers. Brady has Edelman and sometimes Vareen...not good enough. Nowhere near it.

All very true. Can't argure a bit of it. Its one thing, though, to make the throws he missed and have them dropped, and completely another to miss wide open receivers with nearly no defensive influence on the play. I agree that he needs more than he has, but at 36 going on 37, he won't be improving on how he throws and his accuracy regardless of who is there to make the catch. A poor pass is a poor pass. I hope he has at least another year in him to show at least he can be consistant, because this team when healthy should be very very good once again, and this time with more depth than any other. Fingers crossed that a 37-year old TB can improve upon his accuracy from this year. In all A GREAT SEASON! GO PATS!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

I agree Tom is one of the slowest QB's but that 4 down sack is on the O-line not many could avoid a DL getting back there that fast... that was a wiff of a block.  Mobile QB's like Kap and Wilson still get sacked. On a Key downs 4 man rush got two sacks... both due to bad blocking.nPats D didn‘t sniff P, so sad to see.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

"How do a few people, not just Rusty, constantly give BB a pass"?

To answer your question; by being imbeciles.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I dont think anyone has blamed this game on just one guy. the gameplan was chit, the offensive execution was subpar and the defense, well just dont even get me started there.

need better players, talent and overall health!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts