Please tell me something

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Please tell me something

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Games are not won in March. Still numerous holes to fill, but let's face it. Any of us who are fans, are walking around with a smile on our faces, right?

but this is what I want to know. Many, many of us posters here have repeatedly asked why this team won't spend some of the cap money on impact, younger players, rather than spread the money around, quantity over quality, past peak, low cost, high risk players. Just as many posters have lambasted us on this board, that the BB way has worked just fine, division title after division title...blah, blah, blah. 

Why are those people who have done the lambasting all giddy now with Revis and browner, when so many of us have been demanding these types of players for the past 4 years of free agency? 

[/QUOTE]

Oh please with this malarky.

Its nice they finally got Revis. They have always wanted him. Name me another player BB during his time as head coach with the Patriots tried to move up 10 spots in the 1st round for?

The Pats always start with trying to retain the guys they want of their own. They clearly did not want to pay degenerative hip wussy headcase Talib a ton of guaranteed money but still needed someone to fill the job he was capable of when he felt like playing. Mission accomplished in Revis.

As for Browner. Don't know much about him other than the obvious written about him since the signing. According to Seattle fans they liked him but is easily beat deep and has trouble with quick shifty guys. Depending on the original Top Free agent list you check he seems listed anywhere from like #63 to not even in the top 100. Plus we do not even get a full seaosn out of him even if he stays healthy since he's suspended. Why exactly are the folks like you reference who typically want the Pats to sign half the top 10 free agents available every season all giddy over that?

They have signed exactly ONE high end ranked free agent so far. My question would be why are the guys who want the Pats to sign half the top 10 free agents available every year so happy?

Sorry but I simply don't see the big difference this off-season, so far. Many off-seasons the players the Pats retain of their own are often filling up a fair number of the higher end free agents listings available.

The Pats have shown in the past that IF there was a high profile free agent player that fit a high need AND they felt he was worth the money it would cost that they are indeed willing to go after him. Those things simply do not all fall into place every season.

[/QUOTE]

Name 1 that they got?

we are not even saying high profile. We are saying under 30 years old, that have lasted more than 1 year. Since 2008....here ya go. Nink, Woody, Amendola....waters was what,37 years old? And he lasted 1 year. crump was 34 years old...and also lasted 1 year...

who have the pats signed since 2008 that has been under 30 and lasted more than 1 year? 

Other than their own? 

Signing Revis and Browner at their respective ages, for the money they got isn't a departure from the past 6 years???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady's career is on life support and BB finally realized he needed more this...

Than this...

.......for without the Monster......Dr Frankenstein is nothing...

[/QUOTE]

Funny! Good work.

[/QUOTE]

At 47 now, I see myself alot like you in 40 years.........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's still too early to know if there's a big differnce between this year and previous years.

[/QUOTE]

It's obvious there's a big difference in approach already. Not only did BB bring in old pal personnel guy Lombardi, but suddenly he's not dumpster diving and reaching for the stars.

The difference couldn't be more obvious.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It's still too early to know if there's a big differnce between this year and previous years.

[/QUOTE]

It's obvious there's a big difference in approach already. Not only did BB bring in old pal personnel guy Lombardi, but suddenly he's not dumpster diving and reaching for the stars.

[/QUOTE]

I've really got to stop agreeing with you...It's f&&*&*g with my head

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

Maybe BB is not calling the shots

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Games are not won in March. Still numerous holes to fill, but let's face it. Any of us who are fans, are walking around with a smile on our faces, right?

but this is what I want to know. Many, many of us posters here have repeatedly asked why this team won't spend some of the cap money on impact, younger players, rather than spread the money around, quantity over quality, past peak, low cost, high risk players. Just as many posters have lambasted us on this board, that the BB way has worked just fine, division title after division title...blah, blah, blah. 

Why are those people who have done the lambasting all giddy now with Revis and browner, when so many of us have been demanding these types of players for the past 4 years of free agency? 

[/QUOTE]

Its nice they finally got Revis. They have always wanted him. Name me another player BB during his time as head coach with the Patriots tried to move up 10 spots in the 1st round for?

The Pats always start with trying to retain the guys they want of their own. They clearly did not want to pay degenerative hip wussy headcase Talib a ton of guaranteed money but still needed someone to fill the job he was capable of when he felt like playing. Mission accomplished in Revis.

As for Browner. Don't know much about him other than the obvious written about him since the signing. According to Seattle fans they liked him but is easily beat deep and has trouble with quick shifty guys. Depending on the original Top Free agent list you check he seems listed anywhere from like #63 to not even in the top 100. Plus we do not even get a full seaosn out of him even if he stays healthy since he's suspended. Why exactly are the folks like you reference who typically want the Pats to sign half the top 10 free agents available every season all giddy over that?

They have signed exactly ONE high end ranked free agent so far. My question would be why are the guys who want the Pats to sign half the top 10 free agents available every year so happy?

Sorry but I simply don't see the big difference this off-season, so far. Many off-seasons the players the Pats retain of their own are often filling up a fair number of the higher end free agents listings available.

The Pats have shown in the past that IF there was a high profile free agent player that fit a high need AND they felt he was worth the money it would cost that they are indeed willing to go after him. Those things simply do not all fall into place every season.

[/QUOTE]

Name 1 that they got?

we are not even saying high profile. We are saying under 30 years old, that have lasted more than 1 year. Since 2008....here ya go. Nink, Woody, Amendola....waters was what,37 years old? And he lasted 1 year. crump was 34 years old...and also lasted 1 year...

who have the pats signed since 2008 that has been under 30 and lasted more than 1 year? 

Other than their own? 

Signing Revis and Browner at their respective ages, for the money they got isn't a departure from the past 6 years???

[/QUOTE]

Since 2008, the only free agents under 30, worth what they got, were Pats free agents! So you want the Pats to over pay for free agents? Is that what this is all about? You want the Pats to overpay like the Eagles and Redskins have and since Revis fell into the Pats value range and they snapped him up, you want to convince folks the Pats are doing something different?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to OlderbutWiser's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Or maybe BB is calling the shots!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It is disturbing, but we are tough and can handle it.

Hey, you're not on ignore so you can't be that bad.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

or maybe he finally is? There IS that possibility

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It is disturbing, but we are tough and can handle it.

Hey, you're not on ignore so you can't be that bad.

[/QUOTE]

You > trolls so  back at ya!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

u just beat me to the punch but we had the same idea

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Name 1 that they got?

Other than their own? 

[/QUOTE]

Change your argument all you like. You guys are always wanting the highest profile name players period.

If you can't even admit that then its not worth discussing it.

I love how you guys worry about someone lasting only 1 year. Like that matters when you are trying to give yourself a chance to win each and every year by adding the pieces to the puzzle you think you need.  Waters and Crump are great examples so thanks for making my argument. Both filled their roles beautifully and gave the team a chance for a superbowl. Objective accomplished. So if Revis is only here 1 year I guess that makes it a bad signing right cause it was only for 1 year.

Talk about distorting the truth.

All the previous times Peppers was a FA oh gotta get Peppers. Top end FA. This year people were immediatley talking about only the top end "name" players. FA is just like the ESPN coverage of the draft. Just talk about the 1st round(top) guys over and over and over again. It's all anyone knows.

So now you try to tell me its not name guys just guys under 30 that is the huge thing well Browner turns 30 before the season starts, yeah he's super young.

Only difference this season so far is the Pats spent some money on a couple name guys that a few fans personally liked as opposed to spending money on a player like Amendola whom they did not like. As Muzz said just your warped perception. You like it so its different.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Please elaborate jints.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Please elaborate jints.

[/QUOTE]

just the idea that Mr Kraft holds the $$ and final decisions and that Bellichick has always toed the party line and now Kraft looked at Denver and said "Bill go for it"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Please elaborate jints.

[/QUOTE]

just the idea that Mr Kraft holds the $$ and final decisions and that Bellichick has always toed the party line and now Kraft looked at Denver and said "Bill go for it"

[/QUOTE]

that said I still agree with you he is an average GM

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000334278/article/julian-edelman-new-england-patriots-talking-contract

Article isn't much, video is better. Our RBs have some interesting tastes in fashion.

Sections
Shortcuts