PLEASE!!!BRING BACK ROMEO CRENNEL!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rlm140. Show rlm140's posts

PLEASE!!!BRING BACK ROMEO CRENNEL!!!

BOTTOM LINE: THE PATRIOTS DEFENSE HAS NEVER BEEN AS GOOD AS WHEN ROMEO CRENNEL WAS DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR. i REA;IZE THAT HE HAD TO LEAVE FOR HC OPPORTUNITY IN CLEVELAND - BUT WE SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN HIM BACK HERE WHEN HE WAS AVAILABLE.
    lAST YEAR THE CHIEFS WERE TERRIBLE - ESPECIALLY ON DEFENSE. LOOK WHAT HE HAS DONE WITH THEM - HE IS THE DIFFERENCE WITH KC THIS YEAR.
    BILL B IS A GREAT COACH BUT A MEDIOCRE GENERAL MANAGER - HE HAD A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO BRING BACK CREDIBILITY TO THE PATRIOTS DEFENSE AND LET IT SLIP THROUGH HIS FINGERS.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: PLEASE!!!BRING BACK ROMEO CRENNEL!!!

too late. i was surprised BB didn't bring back the old family members when he had the chance

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I think a lot of that has to do with talent dude. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I think its because he didn't WANT to come back.  Both he and Weis made a bee-line for Kansas City.  Crennel wanted to stay with the browns the year before.  Neither seemed interested in coming back.  I believe they feel if they are great back under Bill B, it will be thought that it is because of him.  If they do well in KC, maybe they get another HC shot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: PLEASE!!!BRING BACK ROMEO CRENNEL!!!:
    [QUOTE]I think its because he didn't WANT to come back.  Both he and Weis made a bee-line for Kansas City.  Crennel wanted to stay with the browns the year before.  Neither seemed interested in coming back.  I believe they feel if they are great back under Bill B, it will be thought that it is because of him.  If they do well in KC, maybe they get another HC shot.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

Bingo. Thank God, someone gets it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbruce9. Show sbruce9's posts

[QUOTE]I think its because he didn't WANT to come back.  Both he and Weis made a bee-line for Kansas City.  Crennel wanted to stay with the browns the year before.  Neither seemed interested in coming back.  I believe they feel if they are great back under Bill B, it will be thought that it is because of him.  If they do well in KC, maybe they get another HC shot.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

I second this sentiment.  Who in their right mind would want to go back to a place where their boss is always going to get credit for all the team's success?  Charlie and Romeo both took a chance with the KC job because of its high risk, high reward potential.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

I honestly would only want Romeo back but when you have Seau saying Matt Patricia is going to be a head coach one day and one of the smartest coaches hes ever been with were fine.

Its more with the fact the players are young.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to PLEASE!!!BRING BACK ROMEO CRENNEL!!!:
    [QUOTE]BOTTOM LINE: THE PATRIOTS DEFENSE HAS NEVER BEEN AS GOOD AS WHEN ROMEO CRENNEL WAS DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR. i REA;IZE THAT HE HAD TO LEAVE FOR HC OPPORTUNITY IN CLEVELAND - BUT WE SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN HIM BACK HERE WHEN HE WAS AVAILABLE. lAST YEAR THE CHIEFS WERE TERRIBLE - ESPECIALLY ON DEFENSE. LOOK WHAT HE HAS DONE WITH THEM - HE IS THE DIFFERENCE WITH KC THIS YEAR. BILL B IS A GREAT COACH BUT A MEDIOCRE GENERAL MANAGER - HE HAD A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO BRING BACK CREDIBILITY TO THE PATRIOTS DEFENSE AND LET IT SLIP THROUGH HIS FINGERS.
    Posted by rlm140[/QUOTE]

That statement is actually arguably not true from a statistical point of view.

2006 was one the the best seasons statistically for the defense.

Also if you combine all of Romeo's years as DC for the Pats and compare them to the combined statistics of the years Dean Pees was DC you will find the numbers eerily similar between the two of them.

If you want to add some context to those numbers, you could make an argument that even those Pees is statistically equal to Crenel during their tenures as Pats DC's that Pees' numbers mean more. Why you ask?

You could argue 3 points.

First that Crennel had better talent in its prime as the Pats were on the upswing after being at the bottom of the league so long and picking high end talent at the tops of rounds in the draft. Not so much at all with Pees as the Pats were already mostly at the top and picking at the bottom of every round in the drafts.

Second you could argue that Crennel had the benefit of working with the Pats D during a longer time frame where the rules benefited the defensive backs. Allowing them to man handle the receivers. While Pees was DC for the Pats the rules had already changed and the league had changed to a more high power passing league universally.

Third and lastly you could make an attempt to argue that Crennel benefiting at least one of his seasons for having Pees as his linebackers coach.

Now if you want you can also argue that Crennel is once again in an enviable and timely position to reap the talent benefits of a team that has been picking at the top of rounds in the draft for seemingly forever and is finally coming together.

Now all that being said however, the rumors that came out of Foxboro via Tom Curran were that the Pats did indeed try to hire Romeo back as DC this year but that Romeo was already in early talks with KC for the same position. It's alleged Romeo did not want to burn any bridges and play one off the other and politely told the Pats he was already engaged in discussions with KC.

The same was also rumored to NOT be true for Charlie Weis as their appeared not to be any real interest on the part of the Patriots.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Romeo and Charlie are NEVER coming back. You have to let that go. In their professional it's considered a huge step back to return to your old position. Bad enough you have to go back to being a coordinator again. The upside is much bigger for them at KC and beyond. This is not limited to football - it's rare in almost any industry for folks to go back to previous positions and do well there. 

Whether Bill needs more coaching support is open to debate and is a much more interesting question than wasting time crying about spilt milk.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Hell I heard Mangini will be available after this year,why not bring him back too!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to PLEASE!!!BRING BACK ROMEO CRENNEL!!!:
    [QUOTE]BOTTOM LINE: THE PATRIOTS DEFENSE HAS NEVER BEEN AS GOOD AS WHEN ROMEO CRENNEL WAS DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR. i REA;IZE THAT HE HAD TO LEAVE FOR HC OPPORTUNITY IN CLEVELAND - BUT WE SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN HIM BACK HERE WHEN HE WAS AVAILABLE. lAST YEAR THE CHIEFS WERE TERRIBLE - ESPECIALLY ON DEFENSE. LOOK WHAT HE HAS DONE WITH THEM - HE IS THE DIFFERENCE WITH KC THIS YEAR. BILL B IS A GREAT COACH BUT A MEDIOCRE GENERAL MANAGER - HE HAD A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO BRING BACK CREDIBILITY TO THE PATRIOTS DEFENSE AND LET IT SLIP THROUGH HIS FINGERS.
    Posted by rlm140[/QUOTE]

Nothing like a pink helmet whine eh?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Can he play OLB?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

I agree with most of the posters here.  There was no way Weis or Crennel was coming back.  If they both put their stamp on a brand new up and coming team like the Chiefs that is the best way they can get another head coaching job.  It's a big step back going to the same position you left.  The best option for them was to start somewhere new to improve their chances of getting another coaching job. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phoenix125. Show Phoenix125's posts

I would have loved for Romeo to come back to New England.  I always enjoyed how he called the plays with his 'forcefull' hand gestures.  The one thing I had to remember was why would Romeo want to come back to someplace where he can only look worse?

He originally won three superbowls and had a strong defense.  Now Romeo would be starting over with a young, weak defense.  Romeo's reputation would take a hit in New England if he came back.  He was smart to stay away.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dboss. Show dboss's posts

Perhaps if NE had made them an offer they could not refuse they would have come back. 

I do not think that either of them will ever be a head coach in the NFL.  They are exactly in the position that they need to be in - coordinators.

Patriots have not won since they left.  They got a lot of credit for what they did when they were here. To suggest that Bill got all the praise is not an accurate statement IMO.  That's why other teams offerred them postitions.  That's why the NFL has been raiding the patriots of talented coaches.  Everybody wants a piece of the patriots mystique. 

BB is not only trying to developed a young team, he is also trying to develop coaches.

dboss

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Well Weis wouldn't have been invited back after his comments about being paid only 300,000 a year. Kraft doesn't take to kindly about being critized publicly, ie Vrabel, Mankins. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to PLEASE!!!BRING BACK ROMEO CRENNEL!!! : That statement is actually arguably not true from a statistical point of view. 2006 was one the the best seasons statistically for the defense. Also if you combine all of Romeo's years as DC for the Pats and compare them to the combined statistics of the years Dean Pees was DC you will find the numbers eerily similar between the two of them. If you want to add some context to those numbers, you could make an argument that even those Pees is statistically equal to Crenel during their tenures as Pats DC's that Pees' numbers mean more. Why you ask? You could argue 3 points. First that Crennel had better talent in its prime as the Pats were on the upswing after being at the bottom of the league so long and picking high end talent at the tops of rounds in the draft. Not so much at all with Pees as the Pats were already mostly at the top and picking at the bottom of every round in the drafts. Second you could argue that Crennel had the benefit of working with the Pats D during a longer time frame where the rules benefited the defensive backs. Allowing them to man handle the receivers. While Pees was DC for the Pats the rules had already changed and the league had changed to a more high power passing league universally. Third and lastly you could make an attempt to argue that Crennel benefiting at least one of his seasons for having Pees as his linebackers coach. Now if you want you can also argue that Crennel is once again in an enviable and timely position to reap the talent benefits of a team that has been picking at the top of rounds in the draft for seemingly forever and is finally coming together. Now all that being said however, the rumors that came out of Foxboro via Tom Curran were that the Pats did indeed try to hire Romeo back as DC this year but that Romeo was already in early talks with KC for the same position. It's alleged Romeo did not want to burn any bridges and play one off the other and politely told the Pats he was already engaged in discussions with KC. The same was also rumored to NOT be true for Charlie Weis as their appeared not to be any real interest on the part of the Patriots.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]

BINGO!  Excellent analysis.....

This is reason why Romeo won't come to NE.....it is Bill's Defense.....

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.