Plenty of big names still left on unrestricted market

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/11/plenty-of-big-names-still-left-on-unrestricted-market/

The NFL offseason has basically hit pause until the NFL Draft.  The restricted free agent hasn't developed, and the unrestricted free agents still let probably have to wait until May to get a job.

There are many big names still available, but they are all well past their prime. 

Here's an incomplete look at some of the notable players still looking for a job at each position.

Wide receivers: Terrell Owens, Kevin Curtis, Laveranues Coles, Torry Holt, Javon Walker

Running backs: Brian Westbrook, Ladell Betts, Jamal Lewis, Justin Fargas,

Quarterback: Marc Bulger  (I could list Chris Simms and Josh McCown but . . . eh.)

Tight ends: Randy McMichael, L.J. Smith

Offensive line: Flozell Adams, Shawn Andrews, Chester Pitts, Kevin Mawae

Defensive line: Leonard Little, Cornelius Griffin, Charles Grant, Derrick Burgess

Linebacker: Jason Taylor, Keith Bulluck, Akin Ayodele, Antonio Pierce

Cornerback: Lito Sheppard, Nick Harper, Fred Smoot

Safety: Darren Sharper, Ken Hamlin, Gibril Wilson, Jermaine Phillips

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

Re: Plenty of big names still left on unrestricted market

Interesting list- Some of them may help if we needed them on a limited basis...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

UNCLE FESTER< WE LOVE YOU

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

You can probably sign any of these guys after the draft if you still have a need at their respective postions.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Big names or Has beens? I agree there are a few if we needed depth I would consider but that is about all I would say. Only one I would consider for a starting position is Kevin Mawae, but I am unsure he would be an upgrade. I know he is long in the tooth and would be no more then a one year fix.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

there's a reason these guys are all still available...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

All I see there is...well... BIG NAMES , seriously that it. The only guy Id even consider is Sharper and I dont know if he would fit in here since the PATS use there S's interchangeably. Hes a very smart , versatile , athletic player though. If he wanted to Im sure he could fit in anywhere he wanted. I have to ask the person who started this thread what the point was? I mean every die hard knows Owens , Bulluck , etc are still out there...most for good reason. I mean do you think any could help us or were you just giving us an updated list LOL? I lied , Fargas interest me a little bit. Hes still young enough to make an impact , and if you make it out of Oakland alive you deserve a medal , bridge named after you or something.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Plenty of big names still left on unrestricted market:
    there's a reason these guys are all still available...
    Posted by artielang

yeah, no one wants them or they want too much money

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyHasMoreRings. Show BradyHasMoreRings's posts

i know he is old but i think kieth bullock is worth a shot and anyone else thinkin jason taylor is taking his time with the jets offer cause he is waiting to see if the pats will jump inot the mix. both guys could be had for a decent price i think. and we can say good riddens to Adalius Thomas. put taylor on the outside and bullock in the middle with mayo. they are both good character guys to add to the locker room. OLD but i think they still have something to offer this year until our drAFTpicks get thier feet wet

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Wide receivers: Terrell Owens , Kevin Curtis , Laveranues Coles, Torry Holt, Javon Walker

Running backs: Brian Westbrook , Ladell Betts, Jamal Lewis, Justin Fargas,

Quarterback: Marc Bulger   (I could list Chris Simms and Josh McCown but . . . eh.)

Tight ends: Randy McMichael, L.J. Smith

Offensive line: Flozell Adams, Shawn Andrews, Chester Pitts, Kevin Mawae

Defensive line: Leonard Little , Cornelius Griffin, Charles Grant,Derrick Burgess

Linebacker: Jason Taylor , Keith Bulluck , Akin Ayodele, Antonio Pierce

Cornerback: Lito Sheppard , Nick Harper, Fred Smoot Safety: Darren Sharper , Ken Hamlin , Gibril Wilson , Jermaine Phillips
    Posted by Hoier[/QUOTE]