Plenty of Blame, but this ones on BB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

Plenty of Blame, but this ones on BB

As ugly as it would have been, PATS win if BB decides to kick the field goal with 6 seconds left before the half. Also complete mis-management of time outs in both halfs. BB got greedy and has a loss to show for it.

As for the secondary, it's not their fault BB over estimated their draft value. Kraft needs to have a general manager that challenges BB picks. Not to mention, spend some money.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Plenty of Blame, but this ones on BB

Why? Because his huge expenditures on DBs for years now have turned out terrible?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

"terrible" your being to kind.

Not only has he not drafted any quality players in the secondary he let go a shut down corner in Asante Samuel to save a few dollars. Which I believe would have been the difference in the 2 Super Bowl losses.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to PATSthebest's comment:

"terrible" your being to kind.

Not only has he not drafted any quality players in the secondary he let go a shut down corner in Asante Samuel to save a few dollars. Which I believe would have been the difference in the 2 Super Bowl losses.

Asante was in the first super bowl loss. He even dropped an INT in that game but I agree they have spent a lot of money and draft picks trying to replace Asante for naught.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckels' comment:

Here's the deal:

Who is calling the timeouts?  Who is making those decisions? Is it BB?  BB doesn't McDaniels what to do. Stop putting the offense only on BB.  I saw McDaniels signal a timeout to Brady at one point.

I saw Brady call his own timeout another time not liking what he was seeing.  The point is, BB doesn't yell into McDaniels's earpiece from play to play. He lets McDaniels run the show with Brady.

The concern is BB or McDaniels letting Brady make decisions in terms of approach.  This is what appeared to happen last year with O'Brien. O'Brien concedes to Brady, Brady gets what he feels is best, and then he screws up and people want to blame JUST O'Brien or McDaniels.

It's like Pedro in the 2003 Game 7 ALCS.  Goober Grady allowed Pedro to go because Pedro "said he was fine".  I want my best player to say that or want to do things, but it's my job to make the right decision. McDaniels needs to be better than that, keeping Brady's throws down.

When Bolden got hurt and maybe BB didn't want to turn to Ridley (disagree with this completely), this puts Brady intot hat shotgun spread crap that doesn't work against good Ds.

It's so simple:

1. Do not run a shotgun base spread with Woodhead as your lead back on the field (not carries, but usage) agaisnt good Ds. Just don't do it!  We lose every time. Every time. Clockwork. Once I saw them doing it still in the second half, I conceded defeat.

2. Establish the run in the first half.  I don't even care if doesn't look great early and you need to punt. Just do it.

3. Do not sub the backs in and off for specific plays because if obviously tips off what play you're running. This is  why our morons here would claim BJGE stinks just like Ridley stunk today with 16 carries. He wasn't good, nor was our line, because of how the offense was run and asking Ridley to come in and then run the ball, only to be subbed for on the next play.

Note the difference in the flow of the offense when Ridely (or Bolden) are not subbed for on a drive. This has nothing to do with a hurry up offense either. Even if NE didn't use the hurry up last week, Denver still would have been confused.

Buck stops with BB. He would have been the final decision maker for the field goal. A good coach is easily worth 3 points.BB gave his away.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

I'm not saying BB needs to be involved in every play call. However, he should be involved in a field goal with 6 seconds on the clock. Also he can easily tell McDaniels and Brady to balance the run and pass a bit.

I never said Brady was perfect, he has lost his share of games, bu the has also won many.

As for the Asante Samule negotions I don't remember all the details, but I'm sure if BB wanted to sign him, it would have happened.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

Brady was repsonsible for 2 turnovers, 2 penalties, and lack of a solid crunch time performance. All which would have been a PATs win if he performed better.  

That's exactly why BB needs to take points when he can. His judgement was flawed, he knows with less than 10 seconds an offensive penalty closes the half.  

For what it's worth I'm in the Brady botched the throw to Welker in the Superbowl camp. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

Belichick , expects perfection from everyone but himself and Brady, especially himself. Last week when Ridley rambled for 151 yards, in the post game, BB said Woody and Shane and Bolden ran well, never mentioned Ridley. Ridley who ran with abandon. This week ridley who was obviously admonished by BB for the fumble, comes out with both arms around the ball, inhibiting his running style but not fumbling, but no flash. I hope for his sake he gets released or traded to some team who appreciates him.

This arrogant head coach , who manages in the game like a div 2 college coach, makes more dumb decisions than any NFL coach. They are going nowhere, unless they stop making dumb decisions.The problem with this team starts at the top, and ends at the top. Hard to get to the promised land when the head man expects everyone to be perfect, when he is the one making all the decisions.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I'm just speechless as to why they think it can work when we know it doesn't. You need immaculate execution for that offense to work against a good or great D. 

100% correct.  You can't keep throwing 3- 9 yard passes and expect perfection.  The offense has no margin for error.

The defense plays vanilla - no blitz and also expects perfection.

Terrible coaching = 3-3 record.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well, it;s good to see Brady take some responsibliity after the game on this one. He's usually very crisp for road games, but not today. Nice to see him come right ou the bulk of the responsibility.

Let's hope this is the egg he and McDaniels lay this year. I am still concerned to be seeing the same reocurring problem on offense when we all know that it's a failed approach.

I'm just speechless as to why they think it can work when we know it doesn't. You need immaculate execution for that offense to work against a good or great D.

It's nice to watch a good defense, isn't it? It's fun how they can stop a good offense. We've been waiting four years for ours to look like that, but you can't do that or become that when you have a Patrick Chung running around the secondary. 

Can you believe that this guy actually took himself out of the game for the final drive because of his shoulder? I mean it's good when he's out, but when you are walking around the locker room after saying how "fine" your shoulder is..it makes you wonder about Wang Chung a bit, no?

Really the answer is simple (for this defense). The NFL needs to allow blind quarterbacks into the league - guys that will just take the snap and then turn around and fire that thing into the wrong direction. Today the Patriot's defense faced a young fellow that just fired the ball strait up into the air to nameless and low talent players and that didn't help us. We really need blind quarterbacks and perhaps blind receivers as well that are under four feet tall - someone that Chung and Arrington can handle, you know? Also I've been thinking,what if we were allowed to arm our line backers when they go into coverage? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

In response to aussiewill2's comment:

Belichick , expects perfection from everyone but himself and Brady, especially himself. Last week when Ridley rambled for 151 yards, in the post game, BB said Woody and Shane and Bolden ran well, never mentioned Ridley. Ridley who ran with abandon. This week ridley who was obviously admonished by BB for the fumble, comes out with both arms around the ball, inhibiting his running style but not fumbling, but no flash. I hope for his sake he gets released or traded to some team who appreciates him.

This arrogant head coach , who manages in the game like a div 2 college coach, makes more dumb decisions than any NFL coach. They are going nowhere, unless they stop making dumb decisions.The problem with this team starts at the top, and ends at the top. Hard to get to the promised land when the head man expects everyone to be perfect, when he is the one making all the decisions.

Great post.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

This was the worst coaching ive ever seen from BB. Every coach makes mistakes and he's won a lot of games with his brilliant coaching but today was very bad on so many levels. Lots of bad mistakes that played a big part in this loss.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

BB has been mailing it in for 6 seasons.

No creativity on defense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BB has been mailing it in for 6 seasons.

No creativity on defense.

Defensive front against the run is solid and the pass rush has got better. BB biggest flaw is putting together a solid secondary.

Sections
Shortcuts