Pocket Jesus wants to be released

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: Pocket Jesus wants to be released

agree with the point you are making........wouldn't put the two names in the same reference though.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

Can you blame him, it is a sinking ship down there. Ryan never gave the guy a chance, and was used as a pawn to sell seats. As for doing nothing, he did lead the Bronco's to the playoff's last year, beat the Steelers in the playoffs and won some exciting games . He is not the greatest QB to ever put on the uniform, but not the worst. If he is smart he will go to Jacksonville

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Yes it is kind of a slap in his face that they go wtih McElroy at QB an not TT (although McElroy probably is the better QB).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

He should be really careful what he asks for, if he gets released he may find himself playing in Canada next season...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Uh oh, Tcal got his post deleted by the mods.  I wonder what he said.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Who DOESN'T want to get released by the Jets?Even Fireman Ed  quit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Uh oh, Tcal got his post deleted by the mods.  I wonder what he said.

[/QUOTE]

No idea, just made reference to the NY media reports and how his 15 minutes of fame are up.  No bad word or anything like that.  Unless someone didn't like my use of God's sons name and you not allowed to use it even if not in a derogatory way.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Then again, I guess being associated with Tebow is kinda derogatory.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to polar123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can you blame him, it is a sinking ship down there. Ryan never gave the guy a chance, and was used as a pawn to sell seats. As for doing nothing, he did lead the Bronco's to the playoff's last year, beat the Steelers in the playoffs and won some exciting games . He is not the greatest QB to ever put on the uniform, but not the worst. If he is smart he will go to Jacksonville

[/QUOTE]

I'd give The punter more credit for hitting a couple of 50+ yarders for wins.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd give The punter more credit for hitting a couple of 50+ yarders for wins.

[/QUOTE]

Like I said he is not the worst I've seen, and given the right enviornment he may be ok.. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

I think Jacksonville would be the perfect landing spot. No pressure.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]

Like I said he is not the worst I've seen, and given the right enviornment he may be ok.. 

[/QUOTE]

I disagree.  The "Tebow offense" that Denver had to run last year was pathetic.  I know lots of people are arguing that the read option can work in the NFL because of guys like Kaepernick or RGIII, but those guys are actually a threat to pass.  When you can just key in on the run and then blitz the crap out of him on 3rd and long he sucks.  The result was the shellacking NE put on him in the playoffs last year.  He cannot read a defense in passing situations.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I disagree.  The "Tebow offense" that Denver had to run last year was pathetic.  I know lots of people are arguing that the read option can work in the NFL because of guys like Kaepernick or RGIII, but those guys are actually a threat to pass.  When you can just key in on the run and then blitz the crap out of him on 3rd and long he sucks.  The result was the shellacking NE put on him in the playoffs last year.  He cannot read a defense in passing situations.

[/QUOTE]

True,  he is not even in the same universe as RG, or Kapernick. All I'm saying, is when given the chance last year with Denver he did some good things, and a lot of bad. Will he ever be a really good NFL QB, no, but for some team who uses his skill set, (which may not be at the QB position), he might work

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]

True,  he is not even in the same universe as RG, or Kapernick. All I'm saying when given the chance last year with Denver he did some good things, and a lot of bad. Will he ever be a really good NFL QB, no, but for some team who uses his skill set, which may not be at the QB position, he might work.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with the bolded part. The Jets really have screwed him up though.  He looks slow with that extra weight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Denver's defense helped keep the broncos in the game when Tebow was there, but you still have to give Tebow some credit for being part of the winning.

In addition, Tebow wasn't given a real chance in Jets - and McElroy was given the nod partially because Tebow has 2(?) broken ribs.

IMO, Tebow isn't an elite, pocket type QB in the mold of a Brady or Manning - but, he's not the worst QB in the world either.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

For the first time ever I think Tebow could be a Pats-type player, but only if he gives up his dream of playing QB.  He could fill the Hoo-man TE/FB/H-back role and could play special teams.  I think he could thrive on a team with a strong QB where it's clear he is a jack-of-all trades player and not in the QB mix.  I am not saying I want the Pats to get him, I am saying that he could do lots of things on a team with a HC or OC who likes versatile players and who would use him in many roles.  The price will be right on this guy and he is an NFL talent, just not at the QB position in my opinion. 

It's clear he isn't in the Jets' plans, and they traded for the guy to add to their QB competition -- what a joke!  He got a year to prove himself in Denver, and after that team made the playoffs he was traded because Elway knew he had no future there.  He could very easily go to a terrible team in need of a draw to get people in the seats if he wants to be a QB (Jacksonville), or he could play with a team like the Pats who would probably use him in creative ways. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For the first time ever I think Tebow could be a Pats-type player, but only if he gives up his dream of playing QB.  He could fill the Hoo-man TE/FB/H-back role and could play special teams.  I think he could thrive on a team with a strong QB where it's clear he is a jack-of-all trades player and not in the QB mix.  I am not saying I want the Pats to get him, I am saying that he could do lots of things on a team with a HC or OC who likes versatile players and who would use him in many roles.  The price will be right on this guy and he is an NFL talent, just not at the QB position in my opinion. 

It's clear he isn't in the Jets' plans, and they traded for the guy to add to their QB competition -- what a joke!  He got a year to prove himself in Denver, and after that team made the playoffs he was traded because Elway knew he had no future there.  He could very easily go to a terrible team in need of a draw to get people in the seats if he wants to be a QB (Jacksonville), or he could play with a team like the Pats who would probably use him in creative ways. 

[/QUOTE]

Good post.  Never thought about it, but on that 4th down, he might have been a better option than Woodhead. BB/McDaniels would probably know what to do with him, and he could learn from the best in Brady. Wont happen though.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is the thing that bugs me about the whole "the Tebow" debate. People actually believe this, without knowing whether it is factual or not. How do we know whether Tebow knows the playbook, or can execute the plays therein?

Since when are backup quarterbacks deserving of a chance? Mark Sanchez' being the king of suckitude is not a reason to play Tebow. In the NFL, you have to go out and EARN your place, and most players do that by practicing their butts off until they make it evident to the coaches and their teammates that they are an indispensable and trustworthy part of the roster. From all reports I've ever read, Tebow doesn't care much for practice; an attitude that surely won't go over well in New England. Not only do his coaches have little confidence in his abilities (and they watch him practice every day) but his teammates don't have trust in him either, which is saying something, considering how dysfunctional they are.

Tebow sounds like an entitled child; someone who thinks he's owed something, simply because he's garnered praise for being a great college player (which he was). What the guy ought to do is shut his damm mouth and WORK at learning the art of being an NFL quarterback, and if it takes 4 years of work to get there, so be it...that's the story of many a starting NFL player.

The Denver Broncos had to change their entire offense to suit Tebow, simply because Josh McD was silly enough to draft him with a #1 pick. But it would be crazy for any other team to do this. There are, perhaps, 3-4 players in the NFL worth changing your offense around, and Tebow ain't one of them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He should be really careful what he asks for, if he gets released he may find himself playing in Canada next season...

[/QUOTE]

Yup, or Maybe on his couch

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is the thing that bugs me about the whole "the Tebow" debate. People actually believe this, without knowing whether it is factual or not. How do we know whether Tebow knows the playbook, or can execute the plays therein?

Since when are backup quarterbacks deserving of a chance? Mark Sanchez' being the king of suckitude is not a reason to play Tebow. In the NFL, you have to go out and EARN your place, and most players do that by practicing their butts off until they make it evident to the coaches and their teammates that they are an indispensable and trustworthy part of the roster. From all reports I've ever read, Tebow doesn't care much for practice; an attitude that surely won't go over well in New England. Not only do his coaches have little confidence in his abilities (and they watch him practice every day) but his teammates don't have trust in him either, which is saying something, considering how dysfunctional they are.

Tebow sounds like an entitled child; someone who thinks he's owed something, simply because he's garnered praise for being a great college player (which he was). What the guy ought to do is shut his damm mouth and WORK at learning the art of being an NFL quarterback, and if it takes 4 years of work to get there, so be it...that's the story of many a starting NFL player.

The Denver Broncos had to change their entire offense to suit Tebow, simply because Josh McD was silly enough to draft him with a #1 pick. But it would be crazy for any other team to do this. There are, perhaps, 3-4 players in the NFL worth changing your offense around, and Tebow ain't one of them.

[/QUOTE]

I don't have the inside scoop on Ryan's thinking and never claimed to. It seemed to me there were opportunities to use him and they didn't. And yes, given how horrible the Jets are, he must either not know what he is doing, or Ryan was never on board with the move to bring him there. To me he was brought in for one purpose only, to sell seats.  I do agree that the Pats will never do anything special to accomodate this player, but he does have a certain amount of skill, maybe not as a QB, but as hybrid-back, and some team may be willing to take a flyer on that or, he could be out of the league all together in a year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't have the inside scoop on Ryan's thinking and never claimed to. And yes, given how horrible the Jets are, he must either not know what he is doing, or Ryan was never on board with the move to bring him there. To me he was brought in for one purpose only, to sell seats.  I do agree that the Pats will never do anything special to accomidate this player, but he does have a certain amount of skill, maybe not as a QB, but as hybrid-back, and some team may be willing to take a flyer on that or, he could be out of the league all together in a year.

[/QUOTE]

Oops, I should have made clear that I was not speaking of you, Polar, but rather the media reporting that Tebow wasn't given a chance, and have tried to sell fans that that is true.

I agree part of the reason he was brought in was to sell seats, but New York is not exactly a hotbed of evangelical Christianity, which comprise the bulk of the Tebow fan club.

But the point no one in the media seems willing to address is, "What if, after Tim Tebow was acquired, he turned out to have one of the poorer work ethics on the squad?" If that turned out to be the case, than Tebow wasn't "snubbed," as some have written, or denied his rightful chance in any way.

Perhaps, he simply didn't earn the starting QB job.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Realistically the best place for Tebow on Sunday is in Church...Let us pray for that!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I am completely befuddled as to why they signed him.  If they thought it would inspire Sanchez it didn't work.  I'm not ready to write Tebow off.  Will he ever be a top QB?  No.  Do I think he can win more games than some other QB's in the NFL?  Yes.  I think his career will look a lot like Flutie's when all is said and done.