Pocket Jesus wants to be released

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Pocket Jesus wants to be released

9W - 5L, 75 PR- 20 TDs - 18 INTs : AY/A 6.3 - Comp 54%.

8W - 6L, 75 PR - 17 TDs - 9 INTs : AY/A 6.5 - Comp 48%.

One guy is the beneficiary of some of the gaudiest "he's awesome" hype the NFL has ever seen, the other guy has been constantly thrown under the bus by even his own front office.

One guy gets mentioned as a possible MVP, the other belongs in the CFL... according to "expert fans".

And people wonder why I have been abusive in the past.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am completely befuddled as to why they signed him.  If they thought it would inspire Sanchez it didn't work.  I'm not ready to write Tebow off.  Will he ever be a top QB?  No.  Do I think he can win more games than some other QB's in the NFL?  Yes.  I think his career will look a lot like Flutie's when all is said and done.

[/QUOTE]

Doug Flutie was a man of little size but great quarterbacking skill.

Tim Tebow is a man of great size but little quarterbacking skill.

Tebow, perhaps, can still be an effective position player, if he puts his mind to it; the guy has loads of heart and athletic talent. But he will not be an NFL quarterback unless some team is willing to rebuild its offense around his skill set (which I doubt), or he undertakes the work required to read defenses and become a good thrower of the football (which remains to be seen).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One guy is the beneficiary of some of the gaudiest "he's awesome" hype the NFL has ever seen, the other guy has been constantly thrown under the bus by even his own front office.

One guy gets mentioned as a possible MVP, the other belongs in the CFL... according to "expert fans".

[/QUOTE]

Who's an MVP candidate with a 48% or 54% completion percentage? Ah, must mean Andrew Luck. Are you really comparing those two?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who's an MVP candidate with a 48% or 54% completion percentage?

[/QUOTE]

Luck was mentioned as an MVP candidate by our buddy jints.

Forget MVP. Just measure ROY against those numbers and get a chuckle.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Jacksonville would be the perfect landing spot. No pressure.

[/QUOTE]

Doubt if he can beat out Gabbert.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Jacksonville would be the perfect landing spot. No pressure.

[/QUOTE]

Doubt if he can beat out Gabbert.

[/QUOTE]

Hmm...don't know if I agree with this. On talent alone, probably not. But Gabbert would have to play under truly enormous pressure. During home games, every incompletion, every sack, every fumble or interception would be magnified and met with thunderous boos, followed by a chorus of Teeeee-bowwww, Teeeee-bowwww! Short of winning every game by three touchdowns and winning the Super Bowl by four, it would be almost impossible for Gabbert to do anything right in the eyes of that fan base.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Some real good comments here about Tebow. I had the opportunity with free ticks to Gator games during Tebows time for 2 seasons. He is not or every will be an NFL QB and he should'nt waste his time. Hes' got to convince himself that whatever Divine inspiration has for him it is NOT as an NFL QB.

What he is though is a very strong and determined power runner. I've seen him carry a DL'man and a LB'er on his back for extra yards many times, almost like a smaller Gronk, no kidding aside.

I would'nt be surprised at all to see BB pick him up and use him as an HB/FB/ST Goal line FB, Tebow is devastating at the goal line and in the red Zone with the ball in his hands. Get Tebow out there on a PA screen with Gronk in front blocking. There are many intangibles, like saving Gronk and Hern from more physical Damage. The Pats are perfect for him IMO. Like him or not, but he is a football player at the NFL level if used properly.

The ultimate egg in the face to the inept Jets is to have Tebow come here and show them up.

Have a good evening ... 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I feel bad for him.  While he's a terrible QB, I don't think he's been coached correctly or given a chance to improve himself on the football field.  I'm not sure what he does with his free time, but if I were him, I'd find another version of Tom Martinez and rebuild his throwing mechanics.  He's got the "it" factor and can lead his guys... If he were to do that, whomever sees him in practice should be taking notice.

But who knows...he's not a bad teammate, but gets trashed by his own team.  He doesn't deserve that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

I don't understand why no one has not tried using Tebow as a running back/fullback or even as a tight end.  The guy is not a an NFL QB...not even close but he does have a certain set of NFL quality skill sets.   I dunno, he looks more like a fullback or tight end to me...can he catch a football?    Can't question his toughness from what I've seen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to polar123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to polar123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can you blame him, it is a sinking ship down there. Ryan never gave the guy a chance, and was used as a pawn to sell seats. As for doing nothing, he did lead the Bronco's to the playoff's last year, beat the Steelers in the playoffs and won some exciting games . He is not the greatest QB to ever put on the uniform, but not the worst. If he is smart he will go to Jacksonville

[/QUOTE]

This is the thing that bugs me about the whole "the Tebow" debate. People actually believe this, without knowing whether it is factual or not. How do we know whether Tebow knows the playbook, or can execute the plays therein?

Since when are backup quarterbacks deserving of a chance? Mark Sanchez' being the king of suckitude is not a reason to play Tebow. In the NFL, you have to go out and EARN your place, and most players do that by practicing their butts off until they make it evident to the coaches and their teammates that they are an indispensable and trustworthy part of the roster. From all reports I've ever read, Tebow doesn't care much for practice; an attitude that surely won't go over well in New England. Not only do his coaches have little confidence in his abilities (and they watch him practice every day) but his teammates don't have trust in him either, which is saying something, considering how dysfunctional they are.

Tebow sounds like an entitled child; someone who thinks he's owed something, simply because he's garnered praise for being a great college player (which he was). What the guy ought to do is shut his damm mouth and WORK at learning the art of being an NFL quarterback, and if it takes 4 years of work to get there, so be it...that's the story of many a starting NFL player.

The Denver Broncos had to change their entire offense to suit Tebow, simply because Josh McD was silly enough to draft him with a #1 pick. But it would be crazy for any other team to do this. There are, perhaps, 3-4 players in the NFL worth changing your offense around, and Tebow ain't one of them.

[/QUOTE]

I don't have the inside scoop on Ryan's thinking and never claimed to. And yes, given how horrible the Jets are, he must either not know what he is doing, or Ryan was never on board with the move to bring him there. To me he was brought in for one purpose only, to sell seats.  I do agree that the Pats will never do anything special to accomidate this player, but he does have a certain amount of skill, maybe not as a QB, but as hybrid-back, and some team may be willing to take a flyer on that or, he could be out of the league all together in a year.

[/QUOTE]

Oops, I should have made clear that I was not speaking of you, Polar, but rather the media reporting that Tebow wasn't given a chance, and have tried to sell fans that that is true.

I agree part of the reason he was brought in was to sell seats, but New York is not exactly a hotbed of evangelical Christianity, which comprise the bulk of the Tebow fan club.

But the point no one in the media seems willing to address is, "What if, after Tim Tebow was acquired, he turned out to have one of the poorer work ethics on the squad?" If that turned out to be the case, than Tebow wasn't "snubbed," as some have written, or denied his rightful chance in any way.

Perhaps, he simply didn't earn the starting QB job.

[/QUOTE]

No problem. You knew the minute he was sent to the Jets, his every move would be scrutinized. And I agree, he probably doesn't deserve the job based on past performance. The fact that he has not gotten a shot from the Jets proabably speaks volumes about his current abilities. The best option for him is to get away from NY and re-invent himself.