Poetic Justice

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

Poetic Justice

The ideal (however unlikely) scenario for the perfect season would be for the Packers to go 18-0 only to lose to the Pats in the superbowl.

It hurt so bad when Plaxico came down with the go ahead TD in Superbowl XLII. If this scenario were to play out many of those images would be erased, or at least dimmed.

Hey... A guy can dream.

Also if we're playing the Packers in the superbowl we would have the underdog position, which I think would help.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Haxker. Show Haxker's posts

Re: Poetic Justice

No to the concept... a piece of every Pats fan died that day.

A SB win would be sweet though, regarless of opponent.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

What great irony! Would almost make up for that loss/ Well maybe not.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

Screw that, i don't want another 16-0 team. I do want to beat the Packers after their tainted victory when Vinatieri was clipped on Desmond Howard's runback and Parcells threw in the towel early in the 4th quarter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Giants will beat them. If not, Raiders will show up and push them to their breaking point. Either way, the Packers going 16-0 isn't really impressive. The Packers have been a very unimpressive 11-0, the least impressive 11-0 I've ever seen. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

I just don't think the Packers are an undefeated team! Luck has been on their side, they are nothing like the Pats were when they went undefeated. Remember how much the media were all over the Pats for running up the score. Can you imagine if Brady after making a TD tossed the ball over the uprights, like Rodgers did, he would have been critized beyond belief! The packers get too much credit, the media loves arrogant Rodgers! He is good but not great like Brady, Peyton or even Drew. I would love to see them lose their last games, at least 2 of them. They need a reality check.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Poetic Justice:
    [QUOTE]Screw that, i don't want another 16-0 team. I do want to beat the Packers after their tainted victory when Vinatieri was clipped on Desmond Howard's runback and Parcells threw in the towel early in the 4th quarter.
    Posted by pauldeba[/QUOTE]

YES!!!!!!  I thought I was the only person who ever saw and realized that play.  It was so clear and it wasn't even the only penalty that was missed on that play.  I went ballistic when I watched it, live.. then in replay...replay...replay...replay...and none of the announcers said a peep about it.  Felt like the fix was on.  The right call(s) would have made a complete change in that game, I believe.  

I had hated the Packers before that (remember they were THE thug team of the NFL for years), after that play, then from years of hearing about their pukesome Favre.  Rogers is legit and seems like a really good guy.  But the idea of them going 16-0, or 19-0 is revolting.  Besides, I spent 12 years living in the Midwest not far from Wisconsin and it was hell.  Despite meeting some very excellent people and my enjoying some very strong friendships from the area, on average and daily I experienced some of the meanest, rudest, most dishonest people I have ever met.   I have lived in RI, FL and CA, plus traveled in about 70% of the nation, so my opinion is based upon my interacting with many Americans from many places.  Most (93-97%?) of the transplants I ran across living there felt the same way. The thought of the average Midwestern person experiencing the Nirvana of a 19-0 record would turn my stomach indefinitely.

The thought of a Pats/Packer SB? Two things come to mind:

1) IMO, the NFL will try really hard to realize such a match-up (wink, wink).  A SB win by either team maybe tainted judged by the kind of wins they get throughout the post-season. I.e., did the movers and shakers help them through the post-season?

2) If these two teams met, the NFL would "help" the Packers win over the Pats, as parts of the league leadership seems to hate the Pats, and because the media would milk that ironic story for ages.  There is no way the Pats will be allowed to win that match.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]Screw that, i don't want another 16-0 team. I do want to beat the Packers after their tainted victory when Vinatieri was clipped on Desmond Howard's runback and Parcells threw in the towel early in the 4th quarter.
    Posted by pauldeba[/QUOTE]

I saw that play while deployed to Bosnia and was so mad that it wasn't called. The worst part was I couldn't even get drunk a$$ mad about it!!!!!! :(

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Why do Poets get Justice, but Writers get Blocked?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-bowl/09000d5d81e22102/Top-10-Super-Bowl-games

Time - 1:31-1:34 Offense # 60

Certainly not the only scofflaw in the picture, #66 wasn't a choir boy himself and another one at 1:35 whose number was obscured, but "60-1:31"  should be the rallying cry against Goodell Fraud and Our Stolen Trophy!!!!! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Poetic Justice:
    [QUOTE]The ideal (however unlikely) scenario for the perfect season would be for the Packers to go 18-0 only to lose to the Pats in the superbowl. Posted by oh-my-beard[/QUOTE]

The truth.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]I just don't think the Packers are an undefeated team! Luck has been on their side, they are nothing like the Pats were when they went undefeated. Remember how much the media were all over the Pats for running up the score. Can you imagine if Brady after making a TD tossed the ball over the uprights, like Rodgers did, he would have been critized beyond belief! The packers get too much credit, the media loves arrogant Rodgers! He is good but not great like Brady, Peyton or even Drew. I would love to see them lose their last games, at least 2 of them. They need a reality check.
    Posted by laurienyc13[/QUOTE]

Can you imagine what would be said if Brady "called the title" and also made the belt gesture?