Poilan and the Colts whining again forces the NFL to "adjust" the rules!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3928595. Show user_3928595's posts

Poilan and the Colts whining again forces the NFL to "adjust" the rules!

League announces adjustments to positioning of umpires

Unbelievable! Dont underestimate the importance of going from 2:00 to 5:00

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/09/01/ref.positioning.ap/index.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Re: Poilan and the Colts whining again forces the NFL to "adjust" the rules!

I don't get it! Why is the NFL catering to just one team at the exspense of the other 31. It seams to me that they have painted a big bull's eye on old number 18. I would not be suprised to see him go down this year with a injury partly because of all of the special treatment he has been given over the years. If this was a safety issue how does changeing the rule back again for an extra three minutes address the concern.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

What Polian wants, Polian gets! As long as he's got poster boy whining along with him the league is going to kiss his a s s! It's sickening, I know. As far as Mr. Wonderful getting hurt, well, I don't wish that on anyone. But I think it's more his quick release and his protection that has kept him upright for so long. The thing I hate worse id the refs calling a 15 yarder if anyone gets within 6 inches of him!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

That was quick. I mean, it took less than a week.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

How are they catering to 1 team?  Is Indy the only team that runs the no huddle?  No.   Are they the only ones complaining?  No

Did the league cave and give in?  No.  They went from moving the ump back to the original postion for 5 mins instead of just 2.  Thats still 10 minutes a quarter where he is in the new position.  Doesnt sound like a "cave" to me but a compromise.

Plus this shouldnt even be an issue.  It's not in the rule that the ump has to place the ball.  They should have whatever official is closet to the line of scrimmage place the ball.  Who on earth thinks its a good idea to have a guy that has to move 15 yards from the line of scrimmage be the one that places the ball?

Indy does whine alot but in this case I have to agree, this was a dumb situation from the start. Move the ump for safety, just have someone else place the ball.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Trust me folks - if this switch occurs you will be happy about it.  But, I guess if it makes you more firmly embrace your irrational hate then have at it. 

Of all of the complaining that did take place, I never heard someone say put them back in their old place for 5 minutes.  Further, it wasn't just these guys.  The media pic,ked up on it and the issue got a lot of play over the airwaves and in print from many sources - not just Indy. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Re: Poilan and the Colts whining again forces the NFL to "adjust" the rules!: Brady gets the same hands-off treatment from the refs. Big Ben gets rocked every week and they make him out as a bad guy who deserves it. Manning and Brady get pretty boy treatment and "star status" similar to the NBA protection of its "star players". It does get ridiculous.
    What Polian wants, Polian gets! As long as he's got poster boy whining along with him the league is going to kiss his a s s! It's sickening, I know. As far as Mr. Wonderful getting hurt, well, I don't wish that on anyone. But I think it's more his quick release and his protection that has kept him upright for so long. The thing I hate worse id the refs calling a 15 yarder if anyone gets within 6 inches of him!
    Posted by bubthegrub2

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

In Response to Re: Poilan and the Colts whining again forces the NFL to "adjust" the rules!:
    Trust me folks - if this switch occurs you will be happy about it.  But, I guess if it makes you more firmly embrace your irrational hate then have at it.  Of all of the complaining that did take place, I never heard someone say put them back in their old place for 5 minutes.  Further, it wasn't just these guys.  The media pic,ked up on it and the issue got a lot of play over the airwaves and in print from many sources - not just Indy. 
    Posted by underdoggggg

Kindly tell us who else complained....Nobody uses the no huddle more than Indy and nobody uses the refs as picks better than Indy.....

There was nobody more than Indy doing what they do best......that is to complain about the rules.....it is common practice.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

In Response to Re: Poilan and the Colts whining again forces the NFL to "adjust" the rules!:
    That was quick. I mean, it took less than a week.
    Posted by zbellino

Yep remember last week in reponse to the URL I posted you mentioned it would be changed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Eveeryone wrote on it and there were comments from many.  Go read the comments yourself.  Your coach doesn't complain about the rules, he just breaks them. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

I don't get it! Why is the NFL catering to just one team at the exspense of the other 31. It seams to me that they have painted a big bull's eye on old number 18. I would not be suprised to see him go down this year with a injury partly because of all of the special treatment he has been given over the years. If this was a safety issue how does changeing the rule back again for an extra three minutes address the concern.
    Posted by fourjays30

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from orifice69. Show orifice69's posts

Thank you for proving you are a homer.  The colts played AT Buffalo the last game of the season.  Keep up the good work.
    Posted by underdoggggg

Yeah, and they got crushed 30-7

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

I like how Polian said if he had been paying attention that he would have crusaded against the rule. I'm glad to see that the NFL can bend for no better reason than that blowhard and that special wittle team and they're special wittle guys who need their special wittle rules or they'll take their ball home.

Doggggggg, I'm sorry but the Colts and the mgmt are just a bunch of #usssies!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Wow, I used to Joke around about this kind of thing but never really thought it could happen in today's world of sports.How Naive of me.
    In some ways It looks like we are going to need Kraft to muscle his way onto this competition committee or anyone that is willing to stand up for what's right for the league instead of one team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

Eveeryone wrote on it and there were comments from many.  Go read the comments yourself.  Your coach doesn't complain about the rules, he just breaks them. 
    Posted by underdoggggg

So you are saying that there are no other NFL team that complained about the rules?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Whatever you think of the Colts or Polian's Shula-esque conflict of interest, the rule never made any sense to begin with. It was obvious the competition committee didn't consider the ramifications of what they were doing, and cloaking this thing under the guise of "safety" just makes the league look more foolish for going back on its decision. They moved the umpire to prevent teams from using him to set picks. Anyone with half a brain could see that was going to slow ball-spotting, and which team that would affect the most. Apparently it's okay to put defensive backs in handcuffs, but heaven forbid we take yet another gimmick away from the offense, which already has every imaginable advantage.

If the league were actually concerned about the safety of its officials, it could require a certain athletic standard from them or, lacking that, put 'em in pads and a helmet.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from j24m1. Show j24m1's posts

where is russ.. its crucial we get his take on this

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Randy Cross said it was bad. 

Mike Periera admitted that there might need to be tweaks.

Steve Spagnolou (sp) said the jury is still out.

Wade Phillips said umps will need to be in better shape.

Gruden said it wasn't a great idea.

Sean Payton said it hurt his team's rhythm.

Ultimately, I could care less about the position change itself, but teams who are capable of running a hurry up offense (and this includes the Pats) should not be hindered by the slowing down of the game due to the positioning of the official.  You'll see.  Just because Manning has a loud mouth and sizeable clout doesn't mean he is wrong.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Posted by j24m1

He's still around. You just have to have a Keen eye.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Posted by j24m1

Shhhhhhhhhhhh. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Poilan and the Colts whining again forces the NFL to "adjust" the rules! : Shhhhhhhhhhhh. 
    Posted by underdoggggg

Hey come on! We filled you in when you got banned. Besides, you don't really think Russ has been sitting on the sidelines for a whole day do you?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Randy Cross said it was bad.  Mike Periera admitted that there might need to be tweaks. Steve Spagnolou (sp) said the jury is still out. Wade Phillips said umps will need to be in better shape. Gruden said it wasn't a great idea. Sean Payton said it hurt his team's rhythm. Ultimately, I could care less about the position change itself, but teams who are capable of running a hurry up offense (and this includes the Pats) should not be hindered by the slowing down of the game due to the positioning of the official.  You'll see.  Just because Manning has a loud mouth and sizeable clout doesn't mean he is wrong.   
    Posted by underdoggggg

Everybody gave their opinion on the subject, Peyton and the Colts cried like nancy boys and got what they wanted. We all know an unhappy Peyton isn't what the NFL wants. He's not doing all too well against press coverage, change the rules. He's not doing all too well in cold weather, make him play in domes and cold weather teams early in the season. Now, he can't run his cheap hurry up offense, change the rules. 

For the record, Bozo, Belichick bends the rules. He doesn't break them. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Randy Cross said it was bad.  Mike Periera admitted that there might need to be tweaks. Steve Spagnolou (sp) said the jury is still out. Wade Phillips said umps will need to be in better shape. Gruden said it wasn't a great idea. Sean Payton said it hurt his team's rhythm. Ultimately, I could care less about the position change itself, but teams who are capable of running a hurry up offense (and this includes the Pats) should not be hindered by the slowing down of the game due to the positioning of the official.  You'll see.  Just because Manning has a loud mouth and sizeable clout doesn't mean he is wrong.   
    Posted by underdoggggg

Ah but what did Bill say. Not a thing. You see dog we don't whine we just soldier on. As Teddy said they can change the rules all they want, fine change them we still go out and compete. I tell you watching the coverage on Moss the last game if he was a colt receiver he would be getting a PI penalty at leat once a quater.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Poilan and the Colts whining again forces the NFL to "adjust" the rules! : Hey come on! We filled you in when you got banned. Besides, you don't really think Russ has been sitting on the sidelines for a whole day do you?
    Posted by ewhite1065

Not right away.  You let me stew for at least a day, and the first time I was banned, it was like 1 week.

Sections
Shortcuts