Poilan and the Colts whining again forces the NFL to "adjust" the rules!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Poilan and the Colts whining again forces the NFL to "adjust" the rules!

Here's a dose of common sense on the "umpire lining up behind the QB" rule change, from Bob Kravitz of the Indy Star. In his article, Kravitz tweaks Colts' fans and Peyton Manning a bit for whining about the change. As you read the article, note the many whines and complaints of "Mr. Wonderful". It there any wonder why so many football fans detest Bill Polian, Peyton, and the Indianapolis Colts?: http://www.indystar.com/article/20100831/SPORTS15/8290407/1100/SPORTS03/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Hmmm - And I thought New England was known around the league as the evil empire. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

In Response to Re: Poilan and the Colts whining again forces the NFL to "adjust" the rules!:
    [QUOTE]You guys need to take the Indy whining out of the equation and just look at the rule. The ONLY reason this rule was implemented was due to concerns over the safety of the umpire.  If the rule is now causing other consequences that were not anticipated or adversly effect even one team, then changes should be made to eliminate that. As I mentioned before and has been mentioned by others, just have the offical closet to the line, place the ball.  The rule was NOT put in place to slow down the game and if it is, then adjustments should be made to eliminate that.
    Posted by Patsman2[/QUOTE]

But it is only affecting 1 team....how many other teams have gotten penalties for starting too early before the ref is set?  All new rules have a small potential to delay the game more.....look at the Brady rule that was implimented last year, when someone hits a QB low, they get a flag, thus resulting in slowing the game down.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Poilan and the Colts whining again forces the NFL to "adjust" the rules!:
    [QUOTE]Hmmm - And I thought New England was known around the league as the evil empire. 
    Posted by underdoggggg[/QUOTE]

You thought, Dog(gggg)?? There's a first!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]what a bunch of cry baby chumps.  they can't play offense without their favorite pick, now they got to whine about the new rule. chokers
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Coming rule changes:

1. INTs don't count in the SB.

2. No blocking Peyton on a turnover.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Why don't they just blow the whistle when the ball has been placed and the ref is in position? Then the QB doesn't have to look anywhere but at the D. They had mentioned something about an audible alarm in one of the preseason games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poilan and the Colts whining again forces the NFL to "adjust" the rules! : But it is only affecting 1 team....how many other teams have gotten penalties for starting too early before the ref is set?  All new rules have a small potential to delay the game more.....look at the Brady rule that was implimented last year, when someone hits a QB low, they get a flag, thus resulting in slowing the game down.
    Posted by m1023us[/QUOTE]

The rule about hitting the QB was not changed for Brady. The wording was changed after Palmer got knee-capped in the playoffs for the 2005 season. The wording in that years Rule 12 Section 2 Article 5 Provision 5 reads the same as it did when Brady was hit by Pollard.

The media called it the Brady Rule because 1. They are idiots. They couldn't figure out the difference between a rule change and what the league calls an "emphasis". 2. To sensationalize the hit. The fact is that the rule change came about after 2005 because of Palmer and similar incidents during the season to Roethlisberger and Griese. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: Poilan and the Colts whining again forces the NFL to

[QUOTE]Why don't they just blow the whistle when the ball has been placed and the ref is in position? Then the QB doesn't have to look anywhere but at the D. They had mentioned something about an audible alarm in one of the preseason games.
    Posted by Philskiw[/QUOTE]

Because Peyton can't hear it over his whining.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poilan and the Colts whining again forces the NFL to "adjust" the rules! : But it is only affecting 1 team....how many other teams have gotten penalties for starting too early before the ref is set?  All new rules have a small potential to delay the game more.....look at the Brady rule that was implimented last year, when someone hits a QB low, they get a flag, thus resulting in slowing the game down.
    Posted by m1023us[/QUOTE]

Saints have also been penalized.  Can't speak about other teams - haven't heard anything.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poilan and the Colts whining again forces the NFL to "adjust" the rules! : The rule about hitting the QB was not changed for Brady. The wording was changed after Palmer got knee-capped in the playoffs for the 2005 season. The wording in that years Rule 12 Section 2 Article 5 Provision 5 reads the same as it did when Brady was hit by Pollard. The media called it the Brady Rule because 1. They are idiots. They couldn't figure out the difference between a rule change and what the league calls an "emphasis". 2. To sensationalize the hit. The fact is that the rule change came about after 2005 because of Palmer and similar incidents during the season to Roethlisberger and Griese. 
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Wow - you sound exactly like me explaining that the 5 yard chuck rule wasn't changed, but rather refs were informed to apply the rule as written. 

How's it feel, Root. 

Welcome Back.Smile

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poilan and the Colts whining again forces the NFL to "adjust" the rules! : Wow. You are right. Welcome Back.

Yes, I agree. Peyton needs to man up and stop complaining. 

I notice he didn't bring up his SB INT when he whined about the rule. Maybe he wouldn't have thrown it if he had to wait another whole second for the ball to be snapped.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poilan and the Colts whining again forces the NFL to "adjust" the rules! : Saints have also been penalized.  Can't speak about other teams - haven't heard anything.

Do you hear the Saints whining? Quit already!! You're worse than Peyton!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poilan and the Colts whining again forces the NFL to "adjust" the rules! :      Do you hear the Saints whining? Quit already!! You're worse than Peyton!
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Not a peep. And in the Kravitz article you pointed to earlier, he even notes that when Polian cried about the jamming, the Pats just went with it. Again, not a peep.

I should point out that they even won the SB the year after that rule was changed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poilan and the Colts whining again forces the NFL to "adjust" the rules! : Yes, I agree. Peyton needs to man up and stop complaining.  I notice he didn't bring up his SB INT when he whined about the rule. Maybe he wouldn't have thrown it if he had to wait another whole second for the ball to be snapped.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Very clever.  Did you manage that all by yourself?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poilan and the Colts whining again forces the NFL to "adjust" the rules! :      Do you hear the Saints whining? Quit already!! You're worse than Peyton!
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I am sorry if the truth bothers you.  Another poster asked me a question and I answered it.  And yes, Payton did answer a question as Polian and Manning did and said it hindered his team's offensive flow.  The irony is that you are whining just like you think Manning did.  LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Kravitz has been stirring the local pot for years now and still hasn't parlayed it into a bigger gig.  chuckle.

I like him, but sometimes his efforts are so obvious its embarrassing. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

INDYSTAR.COM, where losers go to talk about the COLTS.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

yep, indystar.com is a COLTS fan site, for people who like the COLTS.  Not boston.com, thats for people who like the PATRIOTS.  Because if you like the COLTS, hanging around a patriots fan site would be really weird.  obsessive, even.  That is why NORMAL people, who are not TROLLS, would be at indystar.com to talk about their favorite team, NOT hassling Patriot fans.  That would be "griefing" or "trolling".  It's poor behavior. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Underdogg, I am curious if you will agree that Belichick has behaved unethically and Polian has behaved unethically - albeit in different ways. Are you man enough to admit it if I can? I'm guessing not but just curious.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poilan and the Colts whining again forces the NFL to "adjust" the rules! : I am sorry if the truth bothers you.

RESPONSE: You wouldn't know "the truth" if it bit you in the backside. Like Peyton, you can't handle the truth! You've been misrepresenting what others say,  misdirecting discussions, and flat out lying, for so long, I think you actually believe your own BS.  

Another poster asked me a question and I answered it.

RESPONSE: What?? You actually answered a question? Did you seek Sam's advice first?

And yes, Payton did answer a question as Polian and Manning did and said it hindered his team's offensive flow.

RESPONSE: Auggghhhhh!!! Poor Peyton!!

The irony is that you are whining just like you think Manning did. 

RESPONSE: Is that the best you can do, Dog(gggg)?? Oh...never mind...I'm sure it is...LOL!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

That's indystar.com, for all your favorite team's new and scintillating conversations with actual colt fans.  Wow, what joy to be a colt fan finding a buddy to love at indystar.com!  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]Why don't they just blow the whistle when the ball has been placed and the ref is in position? Then the QB doesn't have to look anywhere but at the D. They had mentioned something about an audible alarm in one of the preseason games.
    Posted by Philskiw[/QUOTE]
    The official on the sideline in front of the QB gives the signal to the QB when the official behind him is set.  Why would Manning or anyone else snap the ball prior to that signal? 

1.  Because they hadn't practiced with the new rule.  The Pats practiced it and had no problems.  Failure to prepare does not constitute a rule change. or

2.  To stir up some sh*t so they can change the rule because they don't like it.  or

3.  Because they are dumb and didn't know the official gave them a signal or got cunfused and forgot.

Those really are the only choices for their actions, none of them are a good excuse.  It's like jumping offsides and then saying "It's not my fault!  I though the ball was snapped, I want a do-over!"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poilan and the Colts whining again forces the NFL to "adjust" the rules! : The official on the sideline in front of the QB gives the signal to the QB when the official behind him is set.  Why would Manning or anyone else snap the ball prior to that signal?  1.  Because they hadn't practiced with the new rule.  The Pats practiced it and had no problems.  Failure to prepare does not constitute a rule change. or 2.  To stir up some sh*t so they can change the rule because they don't like it.  or 3.  Because they are dumb and didn't know the official gave them a signal or got cunfused and forgot. Those really are the only choices for their actions, none of them are a good excuse.  It's like jumping offsides and then saying "It's not my fault!  I though the ball was snapped, I want a do-over!"
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Hey Shannie!! Let sleeping Dog(gggg)s "lie"! 

LOL!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poilan and the Colts whining again forces the NFL to "adjust" the rules! : I am sorry if the truth bothers you.  Another poster asked me a question and I answered it.  And yes, Payton did answer a question as Polian and Manning did and said it hindered his team's offensive flow.  The irony is that you are whining just like you think Manning did.  LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting. You are now spelling Peyton with an "a" which is something people do when they are sarcastically referring to him as greedy.

Son, you've gone native.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Your team is a bunch of has beens on the decline. Your coach taped the rams super bowl practice and cheated, your superbowls are tainted. All of you are obsessed with the Colts, because you know your team probably won't even win the east. Seriously, what is worse, actually taping the practice of your superbowl opponent or lobbying for your team. You act like Polian has this all assuming power, and can change the rules at will without a vote. Typical Cheatriot fans, blowhards who know nothing about football. We're going to house you in your own stadium this year. If I remember we rang up 40 on you last time we were there. Your defense is also terrible. Sam Bradford picked you chumps apart.
    Posted by ColtsMan73[/QUOTE]

YOU, sir should be stating this at www.indystar.com, where Colt fans go.  NOT here.  THAT is where pea brained Prancing Pony fans belong.  You must be lost, as well as extremely stupid.