Poilan(s) gets the boot

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Poilan(s) gets the boot

Q - I actually believe getting teams to 6 superbowls and another to the NFCCG in the second year of the franchise's existence is pretty stellar.  I am not sure you can ask much more of a GM.  At some point you've got to have the coaches coach and the players play. 

As for leaving teams in far worse shape, isn't that usually when a person gets fired?  Was he fired in Carolina? 

No one is laughing in Indy.  Anyone who's a fan (Kravitz is not - he's a columnist), is not laughing.  It was a bad season with a number of bad decisions.  Polian deserved to go for that. 

I'll expect that the colts will continue to be relevant for many years to come. 

If I were Robert Irsay, I'd be dead.  If I were Jim Irsay, I do everything possible to give Manning the opportunity to prove he will be healthy enough to play for the next 3 years.  Manning deserves the opportunity.  Also, Irsay deserves the opportunity from Manning to either restructure or delay the March payment.  The "team killing bonus" is not team killing if Manning can play again.  This year has proven how great Manning has been.  With a little better front office effort and coaching we may be superbowl worthy again very very quickly.  Remember, Manning's contract is no different than Brady's in overall cost.  If Manning is healthy, then there's no reason to assume he can't play out his contract.  If he's not, he'll be gone.

As for what you think the pats would or wouldn't do with Brady, you are only speculating.  Here's what I saw.  During Brady's contract dealings he went around the team structure and straight to Kraft.  Further he went to the press, to put pressure on an organization that he didn't think was taking him seriously.  So, you can specuate about what the Pats may or may not do with Brady, but I've seen enough to speculate differently. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Poilan(s) gets the boot:
    Phil - Colts won't be able to trade Manning.  There may be something in the contract or some other technicality that prohibits them from doing so.  Further, I don't think any team would be willing to pay the bonus without knowing whether or not Manning can take a snap.  Manning will have to be released or somehow prove that he can go for the colts to keep him or agree to restructure or delay the bonus payment You dont know that. Snyder Might pay a kings ransome for him. If Manning sees the team will be a skeleton of what it was the last time he played, he will agree to the trade.
    Posted by Philskiw1

You are right.  I was actually thinking rationally and not about Dan Snyder.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Polian has lost 5 SBs as a GM and leaves the teams he led in a shambles.  That's what I mean by it. Overrated. The guy I support is going ot the HOF the second he retires and will go down as the greatest coach ever and the best GM of this cap era. I love how Underpants shows up to check to see if we're talking about the Polians embarrassing exit from Indiana. His handling of the last few years into the lockout was POOR. 
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII

So taking teams to 6 superbowls and one to the NFCCG in its second year as a franchise is fraudulant?  I'll tell you what I told Q - at some point players must play and coaches must coach.  If, as a GM, you've put talent together that get to the Superbowl, you've done your job. 

That said, his handling of Caldwell and this last year has been awful.  His obstinance used up all of the goodwill his success brought.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Poilan gets the boot

In Response to Re: Poilan gets the boot:
    In Response to Re: Poilan gets the boot : Been to one and lost on a miracle duck in the air.  What is your point here? NE lost Brady the next year and 2009 was a bounce back year where BB WISELY decided to sell assets and start a mini-rebuild into a lockout. Translation?  That was very wise. Now, YOU WILL PAY DEARLY FOR YEARS TO COME, Panties. I warned you, too.   You didn't like what I was saying just like Phat Rex didn't with his Jets.

I happen to think that if Manning is healthy, Pats fans will be scared once again of losing to the colts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

You're delsuional in thinking NE would not make a decisioin to walk away from Brady. BB had walked away from assets numerious times here out of necessity. NE has at least drafted and developed QBs for this very reason. Yu lost this debate, Panties. BB is very shrewd and knows when to cut bait.  Indy's whole franchise and ticket seller was Gomer.

As I noted and you ignored.  Brady went around Belichick straight to Kraft.  If you don't think Kraft has the cajones to make a decision over Belichick, you are the delusional one. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

In Response to Re: Poilan(s) gets the boot : As I noted and you ignored.  Brady went around Belichick straight to Kraft.  If you don't think Kraft has the cajones to make a decision over Belichick, you are the delusional one. 
    Posted by UD6

I have to agree with RWTK on this one. Kraft and Belichick have an understanding. BB will do what it takes to maintain a quality product on the field and Kraft will benefit from BB's production. 

BB would cut TB12 loose if and when it is in the best interest of the team. Kraft knows this, BB knows this, and TB12 knows this.  Observe TB12's comments early in his career related to players being let go and observe his statements in the last couple years, TB12 clearly knows this is a business and respects this acumen. He knows his success is directly related to BB's cold calculating management. 

TB12 is already the greatest Patriot to play the game. If, in his later years, he ends up playing for another team, he will remain the greatest Patriot to play the game. 

All that said, I don't think TB12 will outlive his usefulness. I am hopeful he finishes this storybook career as a lifelong Pat.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

gandalf - I believe Belichick has reign over all except Brady.  He will need Krafts blessing before dealing or not resigning Brady.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Polian has lost 5 SBs as a GM and leaves the teams he led in a shambles.  That's what I mean by it. Overrated. The guy I support is going ot the HOF the second he retires and will go down as the greatest coach ever and the best GM of this cap era. I love how Underpants shows up to check to see if we're talking about the Polians embarrassing exit from Indiana. His handling of the last few years into the lockout was POOR. 

Only a twit with a mosquito sized brain such as yourself could think BB is going down as the best GM of the cap era.

He will be a HOF coach certainly, but that's it.

Polian did okay, certainly many others have done much worse.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

gandalf - I believe Belichick has reign over all except Brady.  He will need Krafts blessing before dealing or not resigning Brady.  
    Posted by UD6

Of course you're right. Brady, Williams, Orr and Russell among others are Boston Icons associated with the brand. Kraft isn't a fool and only a fool stains their brand unless there is no other choice.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I wonder if the Polians will sell me their Superbowl tickets?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Poilan gets the boot : Indy's been to 2 SB's, winning one in the last 5 years. How about the pats?  True Polian has not bee great over the recent years, and he got the boot this year not just because of the losses but because of decisions like bringing in Collins, and keeping Painter instead of Orlovsky who was in camp.
    Posted by UD6

Indy's only been to 2 SBs

Fixed that for ya. You'd think with how supposedly awesome this guy is and with Manning that he could do a bit better than that.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Poilan(s) gets the boot : Who has built teams to win 3 SBs? Jimmy Johnson is the only argument, but he was drafting to build before the cap was instituted. Unless you name a better GM with 3 SB rings, 4 total SBs attended, the resume of BB as a coach, and the person selecting the players he coaches, you clearly need to stay in the Green Meadows asylum for further studying. The whole reason NE went 16-0 in 2007 was due to trading for Moss and Welker. There are many examples of strokes of genius from BB. Dynasties fade, crumble or disintegrate.   Not this one, old man. Ask your doctor to up your dosage. Try that. lol

I don't see anybody other than you and maybe a handful of equally dysfunctional fans claiming BB is the best GM of the cap era, dumbkoff.

The dynasty is already gone and the fat win column will be gone too with Brady's departure.

Swindle any little old ladies out of their life savings today wonderpunk?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Poilan gets the boot : Indy's only been to 2 SBs Fixed that for ya. You'd think with how supposedly awesome this guy is and with Manning that he could do a bit better than that.
    Posted by EnochRoot

Not really, the point was in response to Rusty's comment about how bad polian had been over the last 5 years as compared to Belichick.  Better luck next time. 

Its incredible how much Manning covered up, isn't it.  Maybe Polian really wasn't as good as we all thought. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Poilan gets the boot : Not really, the point was in response to Rusty's comment about how bad polian had been over the last 5 years as compared to Belichick.  Better luck next time.  Its incredible how much Manning covered up, isn't it.  Maybe Polian really wasn't as good as we all thought. 
    Posted by UD6

You're jumping to conclusions here. It is not a certainty that Manning being missing was the only factor in the Colt's dismal record.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Poilan gets the boot : Not really, the point was in response to Rusty's comment about how bad polian had been over the last 5 years as compared to Belichick.  Better luck next time.  Its incredible how much Manning covered up, isn't it.  Maybe Polian really wasn't as good as we all thought. 
    Posted by UD6

Oh, my bad. Thanks for the clarification, but you should check your numbers again. In the past 5 years, the Colts are 2-4 in the playoffs with no SB wins. That is if you are counting seasons which is the norm when talking sports. I expect though that you are going to try and come back and say that the SB win from 6 seasons ago should count as it occurred in the calendar year 2007 or something. But don't. It makes it look like you are grasping.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Poilan gets the boot : You're jumping to conclusions here. It is not a certainty that Manning being missing was the only factor in the Colt's dismal record.
    Posted by BabeParilli

I wonder if he is using a mat. That would be a great idea.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Looks like Chris gets the boot too...  Thats a spare!
    Posted by Philskiw1

Yup, nothin' too fun about surgery, But I'd wager an easy guess that it's better technique to go into the operation under the greater mindset of attempting to remove as much of the putridly infected diseased tissue as possible in a single pass.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Poilan(s) gets the boot : I don't see anybody other than you and maybe a handful of equally dysfunctional fans claiming BB is the best GM of the cap era, dumbkoff. The dynasty is already gone and the fat win column will be gone too with Brady's departure. Swindle any little old ladies out of their life savings today wonderpunk?
    Posted by BabeParilli

Backwards Babe...  The first part, totally backwards: You, underdogg & some other Colt's/Jets Fans, sporadic couple'a mutants here & there...Point is=Backwards though. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Poilan gets the boot : You're jumping to conclusions here. It is not a certainty that Manning being missing was the only factor in the Colt's dismal record.
    Posted by BabeParilli

That's true, except that when you look at almost all of the other factors it sort of adds up to Manning being the difference.  They have virtually the same team as when they went 14-0 in 09.  They were healthier this year than they were last year when they went 10-6.  Difference?  Manning.  Same coaches.  Same management.  No Manning. 

Certainly its a point that can be argued, but at the end of the day, I think most signs point to Manning being the difference. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Poilan gets the boot : Oh, my bad. Thanks for the clarification, but you should check your numbers again. In the past 5 years, the Colts are 2-4 in the playoffs with no SB wins. That is if you are counting seasons which is the norm when talking sports. I expect though that you are going to try and come back and say that the SB win from 6 seasons ago should count as it occurred in the calendar year 2007 or something. But don't. It makes it look like you are grasping.
    Posted by EnochRoot

You are right. 6 years.  Again, I'll reiterate that I was just saying that Rusty's point is arguable. 

Sections
Shortcuts