Polian Throws OL and Wayne Under the Bus to Shield Peyton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Polian Throws OL and Wayne Under the Bus to Shield Peyton

Porter got that pick by studying Peyton's tendencies. Underdogg chimes in with "hes' the president, he can say what he wants." sorry, but I believe in a society where everyone is accountable to be fair and accurate regardless of what title they are currently holding. If you like a caste system there are other countries for that. 

Polian is crazy if he thinks the OL had a bad game. Peyton threw the pick and that's how the world at large sees it. Peyton gets more credit and more blame, just like Brady. That's how the quarterback position goes. Peyton will have a chance to improve on his legacy, just not this year. 

In addition to Pats fans, none other than IndyStar's own Koolaid drinker Bob Kravitz, who was annointing Peyton as god before the game, came back with this comment: 

"And honestly, it felt like an extension of the way both teams approached the final weeks of the regular season, the way the Saints looked at perfection and said, "Let's go for it," and the Colts said, "Um, we have other goals, thank you very much, and if you don't like it, too bad."

Funny and ironic: The team that wanted to protect its players from late-season injuries, the Colts, went into this game with Dwight Freeney and Jerraud Powers hurt and limited. The Saints, who went for it, were completely healthy. (Freeney, it should be noted, was hurt in the final minutes of a Jets game that was basically out of reach.) What it shows, ultimately, is that you can't manage health in this league. You play your people and you take your chances."

Glad I root for a team that understands that. Right now, the Colts are the Atlanta Braves of the NFL and Peyton is Greg Maddux. Next year, year after, they could change their legacy. But that's what they are now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from smileybennyhill. Show smileybennyhill's posts

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/7118/manning4.gif

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from smileybennyhill. Show smileybennyhill's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

I vote for #2 although I think Goliath was more a creation of the biblical sports writers than he was in real life. I mean 9-9 against the Philistines?  And people think he was the giant of the testament?

What do you know the spell check does bible names

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AdrenalineJunkie. Show AdrenalineJunkie's posts

In Response to Re: Polian Throws OL and Wayne Under the Bus to Shield Peyton:
    "That would only be fair since he calls tha plays and has the ball more than any other Colt player. " Which absolves him of any blame in Underoo's eyes.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

Well apparently he only calls the plays that work... if they don't then it's the coaches fault:

"Had we gotten that first down, we were going to call a timeout and then go back to our two-minute offense, but Jim Caldwell told Tom [Moore] to try to get a first down, try to punch it out first," Manning said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/09/caldwell-ordered-third-and-one-call/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

It can never be Mr. Wonderful's fault.  That's just how it is.

But if the Pats can't win the SB, the next best thing is to watch Manning throw a pick 6 to ice the game for the other team.  That was great, true poetic justice.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Nice smiley

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

guess the team that had the most defensive pass interference yards???

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/extra-points/2010/penalty-fun-facts-2009

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from diiidiii73. Show diiidiii73's posts

[QUOTE]Typical Patriot fan response.  Only in New England where questions are answered with non-answers and accepted as brilliant beyond the likes of any who have come before, do they find fault with the responses of others.   LOL.  Polian is the president.  Its his right to say whatever he likes. 
    Posted by underdoggg[/QUOTE]

that,s true he has a right to say what he want,s but he doesn,s have the right to the facts,what he said is a stupid thing to say,manning throw the pick,he lost the game to the saints that is a fact,unless you warched the superbowl from the moon

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

"His is a masterpiece in the making, and a defining chapter comes tonight. Enjoy" - indystar on peyton manning before super(choke job) bowl 44..

81--IndyStar was right--it was yet another true defining chapter in the history of the Picasso of NFL playoff choke artists.

As one of the quotes said, they can give Manning all the MVP awards they want, but they can't give him championships.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Now That's funny stuff Smiley!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Dogg(g)...you stated the following:

"Typical Patriot fan response.  Only in New England where questions are answered with non-answers and accepted as brilliant beyond the likes of any who have come before, do they find fault with the responses of others.  

LOL. 

Polian is the president.  Its his right to say whatever he likes. 

RESPONSE: What a silly, juvenile retort. Once again you have demonstrated why no one who visits here should take you seriously. As another poster pointed out, this thread is not based on a so-called "typical Patriots' fan response", but merely lists an article by Mike Florio, which includes direct quotes from Bill Polian.

I don't know what game Polian was watching, but, in the SB game I watched, the Indy OL performed well. Peyton wasn't hurried, and wasn't hit. The issue isn't whether Polian can say whatever he wants. Its' the veracity, and motives for his statements, that are at issue.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

I've always said the Colt OL is too small to be able to block a large DL w/o holding them. How can the guy who drafted such small players blame the OL? Wasn't it Mark Sanchez who said he couldn't believe how small the Colts linemen were?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

It is an organization run very well by weasels.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Enoch and All:

Can you believe how obnoxious the Dogg(g) continues to be...even after the Super-Choke? Can you imagine how unbearable this clown would have been, if the Colts had won?  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]     Enoch and All:      Can you believe how obnoxious the Dogg(g) continues to be...even after the Super-Choke? Can you imagine how unbearable this clown would have been, if the Colts had won?  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I already find him to be unbearable at times. Could he be even more so? Yikes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Typical Patriot fan response.  Only in New England where questions are answered with non-answers and accepted as brilliant beyond the likes of any who have come before, do they find fault with the responses of others.   LOL.  Polian is the president.  Its his right to say whatever he likes. 
    Posted by underdoggg

The Peyton interception changed history for the colts. That horrible pass by Manning will be remember for decades to come. Your team the colts are the biggest bunch of chokes of this generation. I LOVE IT.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I remember when all the Colts trolls were obnoxious back in January of 07 after they won the AFCCG. UD was even gloating over regular season wins over NE. I also remember that amongst all the idiots from NY, there were numerous Colts supporters lauding the "big choke" in SB42! Yet call out Manning (again) for a playoff failure and he gets all pissy. They are like Tomlinson, I guess. When you really hit home they burst into tears! All we need is Reggie Wayne sobbing "he's my friend, my quarterback, leave him alone!"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodsport. Show goodsport's posts

Polian might say he is not blaming PM, however, there is a strong rumor that even though PM will continue to wear the number "18", the configuration of the numbers on the back of his jersey will be changed to 9-9!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I also thought the OL did a good job, and Wayne is only to blame for not getting open more.  Let's all face up to this-  this team beat us the same way.  Solid on both sides of the ball, and showing a BB-like aggressiveness that totally neutralizes textbook conservative coaching.  When it fails, its "4th and 2" and everyone says you are a chump.  When it succeeds, its onside kick, or going for it on the 1 instead of a field goal.  I think what the Saints did was typical of what I saw from them, and had NOTHING to do with the OL, Wayne, or even Manning doing a bad job.  I believe the truth is simpler-  the Saints are just as good as the Colts, and much more aggressive.  If they play 10 times, I think the Saints win 6 or 7 of them.  Blueprint taken somewhat from BB and Parcells, and added to by Payton and Williams.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Typical Patriot fan response.  Only in New England where questions are answered with non-answers and accepted as brilliant beyond the likes of any who have come before, do they find fault with the responses of others.   LOL.  Polian is the president.  Its his right to say whatever he likes. 
    Posted by underdoggg

So it was smart and ok for him to yell about taking Flutie's legs out when they had the game in hand a few years ago?  Polian is a moron....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Enoch and All:      Can you believe how obnoxious the Dogg(g) continues to be...even after the Super-Choke? Can you imagine how unbearable this clown would have been, if the Colts had won?  
    Posted by TexasPat3

TP,
    I keep remembering back to the night when The Colts beat us. He started up about a half dozen Threads simultaneously. All designed to break our nuts. Svckks when the shoe is on the other foot.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10fern. Show mar10fern's posts

Go Back and look at the 4th quarter.  There were 4 (count'em up) possible interceptions by Manning.   A few plays before the pick there was an out pattern similar in distance to the in route that Porter intercerpted. A saint nearly picked that one off.

In the endzone there were 2 very poor throws.  One over the middle that a 'backer got his hands on and deflected up and into the goalpoast.

Then a pass to the right hand side of the endzone that was picked off but the defender had a foot out of bounds.  The colts were flagged for offensive pass int on that one.

Peyton clearly lost his composure in that last 2 drives.  He was lucky not to have been picked off again in the final 5 minutes of that game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

Anything to protect Mr Perfect. I guess Polian will blame the stuffing if he loses the Oreo eating contest. I heard that he will be doing a greyhound commercial next that will feature his offensive line.

Sections
Shortcuts