Polian Throws OL and Wayne Under the Bus to Shield Peyton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Re: Polian Throws OL and Wayne Under the Bus to Shield Peyton

In Response to Re: Polian Throws OL and Wayne Under the Bus to Shield Peyton:
    In Response to Re: Polian Throws OL and Wayne Under the Bus to Shield Peyton : TP, I keep remembering back to the night when The Colts beat us. He started up about a half dozen Threads simultaneously. All designed to break our nuts. Svckks when the shoe is on the other foot.
    Posted by ewhite1065

Worse yet E, he was on the game thread that night all humble and sweet even praising the Patriot play up until Indy took the lead.

Shows what a piece of **** he is as a person and why I have him on ignore.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

At least Polian set a new NFL record...the first GM to LOSE five Super Bowls!!!
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE] 

Quality Stat... as stats are for LOSERS!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from icka31. Show icka31's posts

I also thought the OL did a good job, and Wayne is only to blame for not getting open more.  Let's all face up to this-  this team beat us the same way.  Solid on both sides of the ball, and showing a BB-like aggressiveness that totally neutralizes textbook conservative coaching.  When it fails, its "4th and 2" and everyone says you are a chump.  When it succeeds, its onside kick, or going for it on the 1 instead of a field goal.  I think what the Saints did was typical of what I saw from them, and had NOTHING to do with the OL, Wayne, or even Manning doing a bad job.  I believe the truth is simpler-  the Saints are just as good as the Colts, and much more aggressive.  If they play 10 times, I think the Saints win 6 or 7 of them.  Blueprint taken somewhat from BB and Parcells, and added to by Payton and Williams.  
    Posted by Davedsone

I agree. I thought the O-line for the Colts did a great job. There is a reason why Addai averaged 7 yards a carry after averaging a little over 3 in the regular season. If anything, Caldwell and Tom Moore should be blamed more for not exposing the Saints run defense more. As for the special teams, who would have really expected an onsides kick to start off the second half? I can't really fault the Colts for not getting the ball there.

The truth is that The Saints are a very good football team. People seem to forget that they started off the season 13-0, which included beatdowns of the Pats, Giants, and Eagles. Three very good teams. There is no reason that this team should have been overlooked by anyone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Polian might say he is not blaming PM, however, there is a strong rumor that even though PM will continue to wear the number "18", the configuration of the numbers on the back of his jersey will be changed to 9-9!
    Posted by goodsport

LOL Good Sht!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrAJA. Show DrAJA's posts

This is no surprise. Polian has been blaming everybody other then himself and Peyton for a long time now. The fact is that this team overachieved on many occasion. The defense was the surprising factor throughout the year when many thought the management had not done enough to replace a down roster. Manning did what he always does, turned in another good regular season only to blow it when it counts. Welcome back to Post Season Mediocrity Manning and honestly if the NFL had not designed your Superbowl run in 06 you would be 7-10 with no Championships in the playoffs at this point.
    Posted by TrueChamp

Dude, you are 100% correct...great post

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrAJA. Show DrAJA's posts

I'm still waiting for him to throw the referees under the bus for not giving them posession of the onside kick and bogus interference calls. And I'm willing to bet colt fans are clamoring that payAton was "blocked in the back" on his TD pass to the Saints Tracy Porter.
    Posted by tamayo2431

They are already starting...I love how a team that cheats, gets the rules changed, and gets ref help ALL THE TIME is now all of a sudden bitching when they lost fair and square, LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrAJA. Show DrAJA's posts

I vote for #2 although I think Goliath was more a creation of the biblical sports writers than he was in real life. I mean 9-9 against the Philistines?  And people think he was the giant of the testament? What do you know the spell check does bible names
    Posted by Evil2010

Yep...hopefully the myth of clutch Peyton (which is a lie...the Colts cheated a bit and the Pats beat themselves in the '07 AFCCG and the running backs won the SB for the Ponies...Peyton actually had a crap game, what a joke he got the MVP) will die once and for all...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrAJA. Show DrAJA's posts

It can never be Mr. Wonderful's fault.  That's just how it is. But if the Pats can't win the SB, the next best thing is to watch Manning throw a pick 6 to ice the game for the other team.  That was great, true poetic justice.
    Posted by Norger

Amen!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrAJA. Show DrAJA's posts

Anything to protect Mr Perfect. I guess Polian will blame the stuffing if he loses the Oreo eating contest. I heard that he will be doing a greyhound commercial next that will feature his offensive line.
    Posted by flasox

LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrAJA. Show DrAJA's posts

"His is a masterpiece in the making, and a defining chapter comes tonight. Enjoy" - indystar on peyton manning before super(choke job) bowl 44.. 81--IndyStar was right--it was yet another true defining chapter in the history of the Picasso of NFL playoff choke artists. As one of the quotes said, they can give Manning all the MVP awards they want, but they can't give him championships.
    Posted by Norger

Right on...BTW does anyone have a link for that AP article saying that about the MVPs and championships?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrAJA. Show DrAJA's posts

I remember when all the Colts trolls were obnoxious back in January of 07 after they won the AFCCG. UD was even gloating over regular season wins over NE. I also remember that amongst all the idiots from NY, there were numerous Colts supporters lauding the "big choke" in SB42! Yet call out Manning (again) for a playoff failure and he gets all pissy. They are like Tomlinson, I guess. When you really hit home they burst into tears! All we need is Reggie Wayne sobbing " he's my friend, my quarterback, leave him alone !"
    Posted by bubthegrub2

Comedy gold...and it's funny cos it's true!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

This is no surprise. Polian has been blaming everybody other then himself and Peyton for a long time now. The fact is that this team overachieved on many occasion. The defense was the surprising factor throughout the year when many thought the management had not done enough to replace a down roster. Manning did what he always does, turned in another good regular season only to blow it when it counts. Welcome back to Post Season Mediocrity Manning and honestly if the NFL had not designed your Superbowl run in 06 you would be 7-10 with no Championships in the playoffs at this point.
    Posted by TrueChamp

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

MORE WHINING. JUST CAN'T ACCEPT THAT THE GLORY DAYS ARE BEHIND US. GET YOURSELF A BOX OF TISSUES WILL YOU.
    Posted by BADAZZ

You can't accept that we are still in the glory days?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I don't see how you could blame Wayne on that play.  Run six yards and turnaround.  The ball should of been there.  Manning made a poor throw, period.  They run that play all the time.  Yes, Porter jumped the route,  great play by the D.  Again,  bad thow by Mister MVP.  Some people will go to extreme lengths to protect Mannings rep especially after most everyone was fawning all over him for the two weeks prior to the SB.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

seems like a lot of sour grapes from pats fans in here...especially the ones that throw asante under the bus for a dropped interception...oh well...thus is the attitude of the franchise that cheated its way to glory

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Polian Throws OL and Wayne Under the Bus to Shield Peyton : You can't accept that we are still in the glory days?
    Posted by m1021us

Seems to me its been 5 years since the pats won a super bowl...bye bye glory days, hello baseball almost being back!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrAJA. Show DrAJA's posts

seems like a lot of sour grapes from pats fans in here...especially the ones that throw asante under the bus for a dropped interception...oh well...thus is the attitude of the franchise that cheated its way to glory
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

You mean how we did something every other team does, vs how the Colts piped in crowd noise and turned the heat up in the Dome? Is that what you mean?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyyy. Show mikeyyy's posts

In Response to Re: Polian Throws OL and Wayne Under the Bus to Shield Peyton : question is, did anyone show up at the airport to greet them after mailing in the last 2 regular season games and losing in the big dance.
    Posted by lexlib

An article in the Indianapolis Star said 11 people showed up at the airport to greet the returning Colts team.  The article was not a joke. . . . . 11 people!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyyy. Show mikeyyy's posts

Polian Throws OL and Wayne Under the Bus to Shield Peyton

In Response to Re: Polian Throws OL and Wayne Under the Bus to Shield Peyton : Seems to me its been 5 years since the pats won a super bowl...bye bye glory days, hello baseball almost being back!
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Definition of someone with ultimate sports envy . . . . . someone posting over a thousand times in one year on a site of a team they don't like.  Hope everything turns out OK for you.  Sad, very sad! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mynameisAugustWest. Show mynameisAugustWest's posts

What is unbelievable are the lengths that Pat fans will go to, to bash Peyton.  A Patriots message board lights up after an Indy Super Bowl loss, and Patsfan1966 says people in Indiana "have no lives." Oh the irony!

The Colts have probably moved on to thinking about next year and how best they can remain atop the toughest division in the AFC.

For the record, I think any objective observer would find far more fault in the Colts Special teams and Defense than in the play of the QB.  The pick 6 will forever be linked with the loss but there is plenty of blame to go around. Everyone remembers Bill Buckner but not everyone remembers Bob Stanley and Calvin Schiraldi or that the Red Sox led Game 7 3-0 headng into the 6th......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gapc. Show gapc's posts

What is unbelievable are the lengths that Pat fans will go to, to bash Peyton.  A Patriots message board lights up after an Indy Super Bowl loss, and Patsfan1966 says people in Indiana "have no lives." Oh the irony! The Colts have probably moved on to thinking about next year and how best they can remain atop the toughest division in the AFC. For the record, I think any objective observer would find far more fault in the Colts Special teams and Defense than in the play of the QB.  The pick 6 will forever be linked with the loss but there is plenty of blame to go around. Everyone remembers Bill Buckner but not everyone remembers Bob Stanley and Calvin Schiraldi or that the Red Sox led Game 7 3-0 headng into the 6th......
    Posted by mynameisAugustWest

Colts play in the weakest division in AFC.  Thats why they keep winning their division.  How can Indy be placed in AFC South?  South of what?  Canada?  Its a joke!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrAJA. Show DrAJA's posts

In Response to Re: Polian Throws OL and Wayne Under the Bus to Shield Peyton : Colts play in the weakest division in AFC.  Thats why they keep winning their division.  How can Indy be placed in AFC South?  South of what?  Canada?  Its a joke!
    Posted by gapc

The AFC South *should* be tougher but the Jags, Titans and Texans always fall far short of expectations...that is one of the WEAKEST divisions in the NFL, no doubt...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mynameisAugustWest. Show mynameisAugustWest's posts

In Response to Re: Polian Throws OL and Wayne Under the Bus to Shield Peyton : Colts play in the weakest division in AFC.  Thats why they keep winning their division.  How can Indy be placed in AFC South?  South of what?  Canada?  Its a joke!
    Posted by gapc

The AFC west is by FAR the weakest division in the AFC.  The East has come around in the last couple years but if you go through team by team the South is still stronger and over the past 5 years has been much stronger.  The North had been a 2 team division for a long time until Cinci surprised this year.

Thanks for the geography lesson though. Here is one for you, every team in the NFC south is east of Dallas.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Hey My name is august west, Maybe Manning should have kept his money in his shoes because now he's got them deep elem blues.

Anyway, you guys are a bunch of #ags. Only 11 of you showed up at the airport to greet your returning almost-heroes.

Indy fans have zero credibility. You guys should stick to inspiring Hoosiers/Rudy movies. Larry Bird was cool though but I can't stand John Cougar gosh he bloews.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mynameisAugustWest. Show mynameisAugustWest's posts

The AFC South *should* be tougher but the Jags, Titans and Texans always fall far short of expectations...that is one of the WEAKEST divisions in the NFL, no doubt...

WRONG!! Not that who wins games actually matters but the facts state that your claim is dead wrong.  Have a look.  I look forward to a response based on opinion and circumstance to dispute these very easy to digest numbers.

The AFC South went 9-7 vs. the AFC East.  That is including INDY LOSSES to the Bills and Jets, so really that number is kind to the east.  So there is one division the AFC south is better than.

The AFC South went 12-4 vs. the NFC West this year.  Lets keep going. 

2 years ago the AFC South had winning records AFC North (10-6) against the NFC North 11-5 

3 years ago the AFC South dominated the AFC west (12-4) and NFC south (13-3)

Lets top it off, 4 years ago the AFC south went 9-7 against the NFC east.  Meaning the AFC south has won their most recent head to head w/ every division.  Pretty good for "one of the weakest divisions in the NFL".  No doubt, LOL!!

Sections
Shortcuts