Polian Throws OL and Wayne Under the Bus to Shield Peyton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mynameisAugustWest. Show mynameisAugustWest's posts

Re: Polian Throws OL and Wayne Under the Bus to Shield Peyton

In Response to Re: Polian Throws OL and Wayne Under the Bus to Shield Peyton:
    Hey My name is august west, Maybe Manning should have kept his money in his shoes because now he's got them deep elem blues. Anyway, you guys are a bunch of #ags. Only 11 of you showed up at the airport to greet your returning almost-heroes. Indy fans have zero credibility. You guys should stick to inspiring Hoosiers/Rudy movies. Larry Bird was cool though but I can't stand John Cougar gosh he bloews.
    Posted by TheFantasyBaron

Good one.  Sorry to disapoint you but I'm not a Colts fan at all and wanted the Saints to win. I just find the over the top anti-Peyton stuff embarressing for Patriot fans everywhere.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I just find the over the top anti-Peyton stuff embarressing for Patriot fans everywhere.

That's all part of being a Patriots fan here. For years we have sparred back and forth with Colts trolls who just loved to show their hate for Brady, Belichick, and many others of our team. It's also part of sports to "hate" the leaders and/or stars of your stiffest competition. We should not be embarrassed by that! And a lot of it is not "anti-Peyton" rhetoric, but simple facts. The animosity is also enhanced by the fact that the media has pretty much painted him as "the Almighty"! Were the inbred nation of Indiana to refrain from posting here there would be a lot less negative comments about Manning and the Colts!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Augustwest,

Who cares what the AFC south did 2,3 or 4 years ago.  This year the AFC east had 2 playoff teams, the South had one.  They beat up on SF, St louis (worst team in NFL), and Seattle who are perennial losers, SF was 2nd in that division with a .500 record. 

Now lets get to the teams in the AFC south, what kind of team would Indy like to see?  A team that has a bad pass defense would be the best matchup, wouldn't you agree? (New England likes those types of teams also). 

So you have TN who has the 31st ranked pass defense, the team Brady threw a record 5 TD passes in a quarter. 

Then you have JAX and the 27th ranked pass defense.  JAX has a record setting passing defense, A year ago Brady set the record for highest comp % ever in a game against JAX.  This year Kurt Warner put up the second highest comp% ever against guess who-JAX.  Then Brady put up the ninth highest % ever in a game in their last game against JAX.  That's right, the top ten completion % ever during a game include a JAX defense 3 times! and all within the last 13 months.  And then there is Houston who has the 18th ranked pass defense, and is actually a decent team but seams to be stuck in perennial mediocrity.

I'm sure New England would rather feast on those soft teams than face the Jets (1st ranked pass defense), Bills, (2nd ranked pass defense), and Miami (24th pass defense).  That division might deliver against mediocrity but they are not contenders and are an easy win for any team who can throw the ball (which includes almost every playoff team).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

AugustWest, AugustNorth, Togah, or whatever the hell he/she/it calls itself, is just another silly Indy troll...trying to pss themselves off as an "above it all" Pats'  fan. What a crock!   

First post was 2/9/10...just after the Indy Super-Choke. 'Nuff said...LOL!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Myname,

I see you are a long time poster on this board and really know everything in the world. We bow down to your superior intellect. NOT!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mynameisAugustWest. Show mynameisAugustWest's posts

Shenanagin, what is your point?  How is bad pass D in 2009 in the AFC south relevant to anything I am saying?  There currently isn't a division that can say "the last time we played the AFC south we won".   So apparently the AFC south pass D is good enough to post a winning record against the rest of the NFL. 

Not an indy fan and not an "above it all" Pats fan.  But you go ahead and be proud of the discussions of Indy fans at the airport and the details surrounding a post Super Bowl handshake that wasn't. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mynameisAugustWest. Show mynameisAugustWest's posts

"I just find the over the top anti-Peyton stuff embarressing for Patriot fans everywhere." As we find the over the top pro-manning stuff more embarassing for everyone.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

Sure, but I'm not going to hate on the guy b/c the media and the NFL know he is good for business.  You realize that by being so vocal with anti-manning stuff that you really are just throwing fuel on the fire and inviting more exposure for him?  We were all way more invested in this super bowl than we would have been if it was Saints vs. Ravens b/c  no one is really on the fence about the Mannings.  

The knee-jerk reaction by many in the media against Peyton b/c of one bad throw is hilarious.  They build him up to be super-human and then kill him when he proves he is human.  Really, 330 yds 1 td 1 int, is not exactly a dud of a game but his team got beat and scapegoating Peyton is good for ratings, as this board shows.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Not an indy fan and not an "above it all" Pats fan.  But you go ahead and be proud of the discussions of Indy fans at the airport and the details surrounding a post Super Bowl handshake that wasn't.

August,

I don't suppose you just made that statement about me up did you?  Can you point to a post where I mention Indy fans at the airport or a handshake or say anything negative about Manning and the Colts?  I'll help, click on my name and scroll through my comments until you find it.

I'll draw this out, Somebody said the Indy always wins the AFC east because the teams they face in the AFC south are week.  You responded that the AFC south is tough based on their record over the last 4 years.  However, since the teams that Indy faced do not include Indy the question specifically pertains to HOU, TN, and Jax.  More specifically does Indy face easy division opponents?  I responded that Indy, who is obviously a team built to Pass the ball faces at least two teams who are the worst in the NFL at defending the pass.  This means Indy did face an easy path to a division title in 2009.  If you're intent was to point to the strength of the AFC south including Indy than I would say you are just arguing for the sake of arguing because that was obviously not the original point being made.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mynameisAugustWest. Show mynameisAugustWest's posts

Shenanigan, 

To your first point, that was not meant for you. Someone else called me an "indy troll" b/c I was so silly as to question all the post Super Bowl Peyton bashing.  Sorry for the misunderstanding.

To your second point, someone said "the AFC south is one of the weakest divisions in the NFL", so actually I was arguing in defense of the AFC south as a whole.  Results on the field would actually say the the AFC South has been the best division in football the last few years. 

I'm not disagreeing that teams in the AFC south have poor pass D but their league wide rankings certainly can't be helped by playing the Colts twice a year.  Would the Bills be ranked 2nd if they played Indy twice this year instead of the Jets. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

To All:

It wouldn't surprise me if good ol' Underdogg(g) is writing under a new name...AugustWest. This clown came out of nowhere, and is now spouting multiple posts, defending the Chokesters of the Decade, the Indianapolis Colts.

Furthermore, check out the writing style, and illogical, goofy posts of our boy August. Look and sound familiar?? 

Dogg(g), if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. The Sunday card games at Wally's filing station, with Gomer, Goober, and Howard Sprague are beckoning...LOL!!  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mynameisAugustWest. Show mynameisAugustWest's posts

TexPat,

Sorry to disappoint but unless my Ambien is making me do funny things I don't think you have a future as a 'writing style detective'.  I've actually posted on these boards for years, mostly the Red Sox board(I bet some fellas over there would peg my writing style real quick), but i just started using a different computer, couldn't remember my log in and so I changed it up.  But since you fancy yourself an expert of recognizing writing i'm sure you've already figured out who I use to be.  LOL!!  It is hilarious that the thought of two people who might challenge your thinking leads you to the conclusion "they must be the same person".  You really need to get out more.

Please direct me to my 'illogical' posts.   If you consider saying  things like "Peyton Manning is a good QB" illogical, well then I guess we just have to agree to disagree.  Again, sorry to disappoint but I never have been nor never will be a Colts fan, I just don't have as myopic or subjective an approach to sports as you do. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

TexPat, Sorry to disappoint but unless my Ambien is making me do funny things I don't think you have a future as a 'writing style detective'.  I've actually posted on these boards for years, mostly the Red Sox board(I bet some fellas over there would peg my writing style real quick), but i just started using a different computer, couldn't remember my log in and so I changed it up.  But since you fancy yourself an expert of recognizing writing i'm sure you've already figured out who I use to be.  LOL!!  It is hilarious that the thought of two people who might challenge your thinking leads you to the conclusion "they must be the same person".  You really need to get out more. Please direct me to my 'illogical' posts.   If you consider saying  things like "Peyton Manning is a good QB" illogical, well then I guess we just have to agree to disagree.  Again, sorry to disappoint but I never have been nor never will be a Colts fan, I just don't have as myopic or subjective an approach to sports as you do. 
    Posted by mynameisAugustWest

RESPONSE: Nice try troll, but no cigar. I need to get out more? You've posted 30 times in less than a week. But yeah...you're a Pats fans, who had to switch computers...and who just had to rush to the defense of the greatest choke artist in the history of sports.

Sections
Shortcuts