Polian vs Goodell

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Polian vs Goodell

Colts’ Polian calls new Pro Bowl setup ’stupid’

This is kind of fun to hear about. Polian is extremely annoyed that his players have to make an appearance at the Pro Bowl on Sunday and mingle with sponsers. He's so used to running the NFL the way he wants to, I'm sure he can't believe Goodell is forcing the appearance in spite of his displeasure

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/01/26/colts-polian-calls-new-pro-bowl-setup-stupid/

I love this!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Re: Polian vs Goodell

now if only goodell would stop licking kraftie's junk, maybe the NFL would be a little more fair league

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Now kids - it is not to disrespect your elders. 

That said, Polian is right and had Kraft and Belichick's team made it to the superbowl, I am sure one of them would have said (or at least thought) the same. 

the only silver lining is that the Saints also put 7 in the probowl and their contingent has to attend as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Dogg, a little help...it's not ??? to disrespect your elders, right? wrong? nice? mean?....8^)

I agree with <cough> <spew> <hurl> Polian. The PB before the SB is dumb.
    The league needs to make the PB worth something like baseball. Maybe the conference that wins gets a free PI call in the SB (that would give the geldings at least 3)....where's Root he can get started on this...ha! 
      In all seriousness any ideas? Leave it in Hawaii, rotate it around the league (warm sites) Maybe the conference that wins gets the SB at one of their stadiums and every team in that conference gets a share of the money????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Well I agree That it is dumb and stupid but, I'm glad Polian is at odds with Goodall.

It is sold out tho, and that's a good sizes stadium.

Hey doggg-e-dooo havn't heard the Saints complaining.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Harley - thanks for the help.  "NICE"

Like all other all star games the probowl is worthless.  I like what former players have said which is that the game in Hawaii is a reward to them.  Whatever the decision, it will never be a relevant game because there is too much of a possibility for injury.  Can't put it before or during the season for exactly this reason. 

As for Root - I'd expect his response to be something along these lines: 

**at least without the colts playing we know the refs won't have to tarnish the probowl with bogus calls benefitting the colts led AFC.   OR

**in order to at least honor the colts players who won't be playing, the refs will have to give the AFC at least one or two bogus PI calls.

Game - and the pats might not have complained if they were in the colts shoes, but as I said, I think regardless most people think it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogggg. Show underdogggg's posts

Triple G dog, you seem to be obsessed with this Root Guy. If you keep showing your inferiority complex I'l have to change my handle to Enoch rootttt.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

4G - Don't let me stop you from leg humping whoever you like.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Have to agree with Polian here. The NFL wants his guys to play, and risk injury, in the meaningless, stupid pro-bowl, with the SB just one week away? If it were up to me, I'd find a way to claim that each Indy pro-bowler tweaked an ankle...and had to sit out the game. What is "Jets" Goodell going to do...strip them of a #1 draft choice, and fine them $750,000? This is just more insanity from an overzealous, drunk with power commissioner.

That said...please keep posting, Gamer. Your photo always brightens up the forum, even during the darkest of football days, such as these.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

They should can the pro-Bowl all together

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

They should keep as it was, a paid vacation in Hawaii with the Superbowl winners getting their props.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Moving the Pro Bowl to the week before the Super Bowl is just a way to fill up the dead zone the extra week off creates. I mean, how much Katrina or the Manning family can you physically absorb before you're brain simply shuts down in self defense? The game is a joke no matter when you play it; it should be eliminated entirely in lieu of simple All-Pro selections, and there should only be one week between the conference championships and the Super Bowl.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Hey TP smoozing me again---sometimes that works--sometimes it doesn't!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Very true pmike.  From a timing perspective its the perfect time to play the game. 

The issues -

1.  Usually the teams that go to the superbowl have multiple players who earned probowl invites.  so they won't be playing.
    2.  You've spoiled players for years with a week long 1st Class gratis Hawaiian vacation.  This is absolutely a step down for them.