[polian] we didnt feel 16-0 was a historical acheivement

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[polian] we didnt feel 16-0 was a historical acheivement

of course it isnt.but its the beginning of something historical.sure the superbowl is the main goal,but if a team is 15-0 at the end of the season,you take the shot at perfection.16-0 is one step to get to 19-0.but hey im glad they chose not to.
    at least the pats will still have that acheivement.
    http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2009/12/polian_we_didnt.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

Re: [polian] we didnt feel 16-0 was a historical acheivement

LOL I just started a thread on the same exact topic. How do you come out and say that you wanted that regular season winning streak, but don't care about 19-0???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

the guy belongs on americas dumbest people.he is really trying to scrape a good excuse for there stupid call,and he is just makeing it worse.if he was smart he would just keep quiet and let it ride out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boom95. Show boom95's posts

They are going to lose in playoffs so 16-0 would have been there achievement for the year!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

WIMPGATE

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

how did herm put it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMk5sMHj58I

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Calling it stupid is giving it too much credit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

Boom, I agree with you there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In that whole interview, he was constantly taking jabs at the Pats organization. What a jerk.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

he is just digging for whatever exscuse he can.sure it was a blow for us at the end in 2007,but it dosent mean you give up,or not take that chance if you are there.we lost by bad calls,or no calls,and fluke plays.who knows what another teams destiny holds.im glad they wont be perfect.it would have been something we would had to listen to for a very long time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

He walked out 10 minutes early on his own weekly radio show in Indianapolis because he was getting roasted by the callers....What a F'in tool.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

That, my friends, is a living, breathing example of a DB.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Well, he made history.  Quitting an undefeated season is a historical achievement.  It will be remembered forever.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

Imagine incorporating this mentality to the real world. Take a student in college, who 3/4's of the way through a semester has a pefect 4.0 GPA, but says....."Ahhh, the heck with it. The goal was only to graduate, so I'm not gonna study for English anymore because I can graduate without it and still get a 3.0".....lol

Thank god this guy isn't our GM!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Just a way to prepare for being bounced out of the playoffs....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

To a GM who cheered "break his legs" during a Flutie scramble...

Happy New Year! May your chickens come home to roost

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

After the colts set the hollow regular season win streak record polian didn't feel like he was required to match the hollow undefeated single season record.  imo

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from plinny. Show plinny's posts

Caldwell is a puppet. Any real coach decides who plays and when. When Jerry Jones fires Wade Phillips his first choice for head-boot-licker- in-charge should be "Coach" Caldwell.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoHoldingCalls. Show NoHoldingCalls's posts

wimpgate.
    Awesome name...I will be using that from now on.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeopielowski. Show mikeopielowski's posts

19-0 is the Holy Grail of Pro Football. To say that is not an historical acheivment (you must be 16-0 before you can be 19-0), is completely idiotic. He can take whatever shots he wants at BB and the Pats. But, if they had done it, and they were one play away, the Pats would have been considered hands down the best team of all time, Brady the best QB of all time, and BB the best coach of all time.

The Colts players wanted a shot a history, the Colts fans wanted a shot at history and they should have gotten that shot. No one can predict what the future will hold. Manning could get his knee taken out just like Brady in there first playoff game, or they could go on to win the Super Bowl. The only future that Colts management assured is that a perfect season is no longer in reach. Thats all that is known 100% right now.

I don't like Manning or the Colts. But, I respect Manning and the Colts players a great deal. They were robbed of a once in a career chance at perfection. I know many think they would not have done it anyway. But, I think they had a good chance to pull it off.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from welly. Show welly's posts

Bill Polian will forever be remembered for:

1: Pulling the plug on an undefeated season attempt by the Colts
    2: Barely winning only 1 Super Bowl in a decade of regular season dominance
    3: Changing the rules to fit his team on the Competition Committee
    4: Building a Buffalo Bills teams that lost 4 straight Super Bowls (a record that will never be surpassed in any sport)

Add it all up and he will go down as one of the most gutless losers in the history of pro sports, not just football.

OUCH!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

16-0 is not historical, BUT
    his quote on most consecutive (meaningless) regular season victories was

"This was a historical milestone we thought was worth going out there and risking everything for"

Total Colts (Manning vs Brady) philosophy, stats over meaningful wins. I'll take the 3 rings.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

i would lose sunday and get the 4th seed. just so we can go in there and end his beloved team's season.  with Fred Taylor back there now, we can hold leads. 

Bring it polifag.  coward.  heres some STATS for this moron.

Patriots 3 super bowl titles.
    4 AFC Titles. 
    a 16-0 regular season.
    Most regular season and post season wins this decade. take those 2 extra regular wins and shove it punk. They mean NOTHING. zero. 
    21 Game win streak that will never be broken.  u can have the most regular season wins in a row.  you will never get this one with your awful philosophy of giving games away.  you streak is currently at ZERO. 
    Tom Brady 50 TD passes.  broke your beloved peyton's record. 

i want the Patriots to go for blood vs this team in the divisional round. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

At the end of the day, the Pats are the team of the decade and the Colts are a distant second. Polian seems to forget that Peyton Manning is dominant in the regular season, mediocre, at best, in the post-season. 

Anyone else ready to see a quick exit by the Colts this year?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Polian can spin it any way he likes, fair or unfair, his decision has branded his team as quitters. When the news came out around here that Brett Favre had been thumbing his nose at Brad Childress on several occasions this season when Chilly had wanted to remove him from the game, I just chalked it up to Favre being the consumate deuschebag that he is. But after this whole Colts thing, I have to say that I'd have a lot more respect for Peyton Manning (I could hardly have less) if he'd told Caldwell to go f*ck himself and simply stayed in the game.
    Unfortunately, Goober is as gutless as his coach and his GM.

That team is a complete joke.

Sections
Shortcuts