[polian] we didnt feel 16-0 was a historical acheivement

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: [polian] we didnt feel 16-0 was a historical acheivement

"After the colts set the hollow regular season win streak record polian didn't feel like he was required to match the hollow undefeated single season record.  imo"

No, read the Polian quotes. He said the consecutive regular season wins streak (which sandwiched a losing playoff run) was really important to him. So was the most wins in a decade. But 19-0 didn't matter to him. He even said it had been done before - not sure if he was referring to the Dolphins or the Pats. Loopy stuff. He needs to either shut up or man up, this notion that these other two records really mattered but going undefeated for a season doesn't is whacked. He would have been better off sticking with this "Super Bowl is the only thing that matters" line.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

I kinda thought it was funny how he kept saying that they had the most wins in the decade......When since don't we count playoff wins? He never clarified himself and said regular season wins.

And boy, doesn't the media love to jump on that bandwagon. "Winningest team in the decade".....blah, blah, blah.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

And the Colts have taken first place in my most hated teams list because of Polian's garbage. The Jets have had the top spot for years but I think the Colts passed them this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

polian is just out of his mind and may have ruined his team momentum going into the play-offs

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

It's kinda funny, he's an owner and he only cared about the most reg season wins. He should care about the playoff games lol because that's what really counts. What now? Will he be just contend if the Colts lost this post-season because they're the most winnigest team of the decade? But, how many rings they've won?lol

I can't believe this came from an owner of a football team. That's not being a competitive owner. You can get injured anywhere, look at Brady, 3mins into the game his season was over.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Polian told Colt fans that the regular season win streak (interrupted by playoff losses) was more important than an undefeated season. He also told them that winning Survivor is historically more significant than being elected President, that Secretary's Day is a far more important holiday than than Christmas, and that he considers it a greater accomplishment to win at tic-tac-toe than beat Kasparov at chess. Meanwhile, he reassured Colts fans that their team would be well-rested for their second-round playoff loss on January 17.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

The colts disrespected the fans and the game of football. I think they should be thrown out of the playoffs. Let the steelers or texans in. At least they wouldn't tank and undefeated season. PATHETIC.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Do the colts have any records that are not in the regular season. NOPE

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

i cant beleive dungy would snub the chance of history,if it was there for him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/28/week-16-morning-aftermath/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Polian stated that the Colts franchise wanted to have the most wins of the decade and most consecutive regular season wins.  Two very obscure stats.  Woo hoo.  People will look back and say the Pats won the most superbowls in the decade (barring a miracle by the Steelers) and that is the true measuring stick.  The Colts are the Atlanta Braves of the NFL so far.   

Part of me thinks Polian understands that the only true goal is the superbowl, and that to risk injury to Manning in what to the Colts was a meaningless game (history aside) is not worth it.

I don't get the digs at the Pats.  Everbody knows that the Pats, even though the O-line was man handled, were three fluky plays away from a 4th superbowl in the decade.  Why even go there Polian?  He sounds like a man obsessed.      

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camaleom. Show Camaleom's posts

I can see bb using this as motivation If we play the colts again...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmo1679. Show wmo1679's posts

Bill Polian is such a phoney doosh. I hope the bills can pull off and upset this week.  I really hope the pats at another shot at the colts. My hate grows for them every week.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Sounds like a politician.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

What this tool wants the football world an his fan's to buy after being robbed is.
    What was so important to him was two records.

1.For the most games won in this decade. 
       An he said   "I don't believe anyone can catch us now".
     How is it so important to him?  
    He don't even know for sure if they have secured it?

2. regular season wins
    How can regular season wins matter when you decide to tank two games?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

regular season wins dont mean much if there isnt something special to go with it.like some rings.

Sections
Shortcuts