Polian where are you??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Polian where are you??

Talk about a disappearing act....Or is he in the league offices crying about how game saving PI flags which appeared all year long did not appear in the superbowl......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: Polian where are you??

Peter King mentioned that in he saw Polian after the game and Polian mentioned how the Garcon drop in the second quarter that would have given the colts a 1st, but instead made them punt. Polian said that Garcon got jammed off the line.

I watched the replay this morning. Garcon isn't touched off the line. The defender gives him a 5-yard cushion. 

But Polian saw that 5-yards as a "jam". So, my guess is he is at league offices ensuring these 5-yard "jams" don't happen in the future. I am guessing he will have it so that DBs can not line up directly in front of colt receivers regardless of how far downfield they are and it would really be best if they stayed out the line of sight of the receivers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Polian where are you??:
    Here he is, throwing his o-line under the bus.  Was Manning touched the entire game? http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/10/polian-says-offensive-line-was-outplayed-pretty-decisively/
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

Z- I mentioned that on another post. 0- Sacks and the hardest hit he probably took was on that INT Return for 6. Polians a real class act Huh?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"But Polian saw that 5-yards as a "jam". So, my guess is he is at league offices ensuring these 5-yard "jams" don't happen in the future. I am guessing he will have it so that DBs can not line up directly in front of colt receivers regardless of how far downfield they are and it would really be best if they stayed out the line of sight of the receivers altogether."

lmao...and the scarry part is, when I went over to The Colt Board that was offered as a link on here from another poster a few days ago, The Colt's Fans themselves, we're talking about Polian talking to the League Offices in order to correct things and make things better for the team...and the terrifying part about it, was how matter-of-fact the Indy Fans are, like it should be done, and had to be done, that it would be the right thing to do in the end...

~Indy Fans liken Bill Polian to a real-life, Scott Bakula...ya know, fixing history's awful "mistakes" and bettering the future by "making right what once went wrong." 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

So, my guess is he is at league offices ensuring these 5-yard "jams" don't happen in the future. I am guessing he will have it so that DBs can not line up directly in front of colt receivers regardless of how far downfield they are and it would really be best if they stayed out the line of sight of the receivers.
    Posted by EnochRoot

After that, he'll seeking a rule to outlaw the onside kick until the fourth quarter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Polian where are you?? : Z- I mentioned that on another post. 0- Sacks and the hardest hit he probably took was on that INT Return for 6. Polians a real class act Huh?
    Posted by ewhite1065

Not only that, but they ran it pretty effectively as well.  Their defense couldn't get the Saints off the field, that was the big problem.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Under Polian's Utopian view tackling itself should be banned.  He's already got the dome to eliminate the weather.  He manufactures noise as needed.  What he really wants is for the NFL to adopt Flag Football Rules.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agent56. Show agent56's posts

If this new rule is adopted then NFL fans in a whole should start a mass protest demanding Polian to step down from the committee. Enough is enough with this guy and his rule changes. In my opinion Its a conflict of interest to have anyone who is part of a team be in charge of picking the refs for any game let alone their own. We have all seen the results of this thru Schula and now Polian. The bias in the officiating to the pull they have with new rules is ridiculous. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

Here he is, throwing his o-line under the bus.  Was Manning touched the entire game? http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/10/polian-says-offensive-line-was-outplayed-pretty-decisively/
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

This comment had me rolling by ampats:

"Polian is trying to institute in the owners meeting a new rule where the D line has to count to 5 mississippi before they can rush the QB(Peyton) for next season."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

If this new rule is adopted then NFL fans in a whole should start a mass protest demanding Polian to step down from the committee. Enough is enough with this guy and his rule changes. In my opinion Its a conflict of interest to have anyone who is part of a team be in charge of picking the refs for any game let alone their own. We have all seen the results of this thru Schula and now Polian. The bias in the officiating to the pull they have with new rules is ridiculous. 
    Posted by agent56

Agree 1000%

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Polian where are you?? : Agree 1000%
    Posted by mrtm70

What are you agreeing to? A new rule that we are making up?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

In Response to Re: Polian where are you?? : What are you agreeing to? A new rule that we are making up?
    Posted by EnochRoot

Agreeing to the fact that what Polian has been doing is a complete conflict of interest & not only are Patriots fans seeing this but other fans from other teams are starting to as well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

He'll also have onside kicking banned except in the 4th quarter

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Polian where are you?? : Agreeing to the fact that what Polian has been doing is a complete conflict of interest & not only are Patriots fans seeing this but other fans from other teams are starting to as well.
    Posted by mrtm70

Uhh, agent56 is talking about a "new rule" that we are all currently unaware of and are making fun of. He speaks about this "rule" as if it has been defined and Polian is actually pushing it through. That is what you are agreeing to.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agent56. Show agent56's posts

In Response to Re: Polian where are you?? : Uhh, agent56 is talking about a "new rule" that we are all currently unaware of and are making fun of. He speaks about this "rule" as if it has been defined and Polian is actually pushing it through. That is what you are agreeing to.
    Posted by EnochRoot

Enoch, 
    I said its a conflict of interest to have anyone affiliated with a team to be able to hand pick the officials and have the ability to change the rules of the game. I would not want any of the pats staff on that committee for that reason alone because they would be accused the same way Schula and Polian are being accused now and for good reason. Thats what I'm saying. And about the new rule yes I am talking about it like its a fact because If Polian wants it what makes you think he can't get it? He has gotten his way before.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Polian should be happy. Someone named Payton won the Super Bowl.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Polian where are you?? : Enoch,  I said its a conflict of interest to have anyone affiliated with a team to be able to hand pick the officials and have the ability to change the rules of the game. I would not want any of the pats staff on that committee for that reason alone because they would be accused the same way Schula and Polian are being accused now and for good reason. Thats what I'm saying. And about the new rule yes I am talking about it like its a fact because If Polian wants it what makes you think he can't get it? He has gotten his way before.
    Posted by agent56

Really? Here is the first line of your initial post -"If this new rule is adopted..."

The fact is there is no "new rule". We are making fun of Polian by pretending he is going to try and make one, but there is nothing to indicate he is doing it. You're assuming the punchline is true.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrAJA. Show DrAJA's posts

In Response to Polian where are you??:
    Talk about a disappearing act....Or is he in the league offices crying about how game saving PI flags which appeared all year long did not appear in the superbowl......
    Posted by ccsjl

LOL, except it's not a joke, it's true

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrAJA. Show DrAJA's posts

Peter King mentioned that in he saw Polian after the game and Polian mentioned how the Garcon drop in the second quarter that would have given the colts a 1st, but instead made them punt. Polian said that Garcon got jammed off the line. I watched the replay this morning. Garcon isn't touched off the line. The defender gives him a 5-yard cushion.  But Polian saw that 5-yards as a "jam". So, my guess is he is at league offices ensuring these 5-yard "jams" don't happen in the future. I am guessing he will have it so that DBs can not line up directly in front of colt receivers regardless of how far downfield they are and it would really be best if they stayed out the line of sight of the receivers.
    Posted by EnochRoot

I read that in King's article and then watched the vid, too...Polian is an effing whiny crybaby idiot who cannot accept the only reason his team even won their one fradulent title was by cheating and getting rules changed.  The Colts' motto seems to be "if you can't beat 'em, change the rules until you can"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrAJA. Show DrAJA's posts

Posted by agent56

+1000000%

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Again, you guys know there is no new rule, don't you?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Polian is the

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrAJA. Show DrAJA's posts

Again, you guys know there is no new rule, don't you?
    Posted by EnochRoot

Yet...LOL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agent56. Show agent56's posts

In Response to Re: Polian where are you?? : Really? Here is the first line of your initial post -" If this new rule is adopted..." The fact is there is no "new rule". We are making fun of Polian by pretending he is going to try and make one, but there is nothing to indicate he is doing it. You're assuming the punchline is true.
    Posted by EnochRoot

Come on Enoch its Polian we are talking about here! He gets stuff done when he wants to. Go on PFT and read what Mike Pererra had to say about the illegal contact rule. He said it made no logical sense and yet it still got passed. That gives me the right to have an assumption. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agent56. Show agent56's posts

Enoch here it is so you don't have to waist your time looking for it 

Pereira says emphasis on illegal contact "didn't seem logical"

Several of you have forwarded to us the link to a Super Bowl week Radio Row interview of now-former NFL V.P. of officiating Mike Pereira, who sat down with Mike Felger and Tony Massarotti of 98.5 The Sports Hub in Boston.

Among other things, Pereira talked about the renewed emphasis that was placed in the middle of the last decade on the rule regarding illegal contact with receivers.  Pereira made it clear that Colts president Bill Polian, a long-time member of the Competition Committee, pushed the issue due to the perception/reality that Patriots defensive backs were manhandling Indianapolis receivers.

Pereira was candid regarding his belief that the change to the application of the rule made little sense.  Specifically, he said that the notion that a flag would be thrown and a first down awarded regardless of whether the contact actually generates an advantage for the defensive team "didn't seem logical."

"It was difficult for us," he said.  "You always tried to officiate the game advantage-disadvantage.  And so it didn't seem logical . . . to me at the time.  I probably wouldn't be saying this if I didn't have just four quarters left to go in my career.  But it didn't seem logical to me that you would take advantage-disadvantage out of the equation, that just a touch became a foul whether or not it had an affect or not."

Pereira also explained that the spike in illegal-contact calls has since leveled out, with the spike in calls subsiding over time.

But his broader point is an eye-opener.  Not only did Pereira make it clear that Polian pushed the "point of emphasis" through the Competition Committee, but Pereira also was refreshingly candid regarding his disagreement with the requirement that any contact with a receiver after five yards mandated a five-yard penalty and an automatic first down.

Sections
Shortcuts