Police Sniper at Super Bowl

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Police Sniper at Super Bowl

Anyone hear or read about this.... true or not, I don't know but here is the story and pictures that are going around.......

This Looks Like A Fortified Sniper’s Nest At The Super Bowl

This Looks Like A Fortified Sniper's Nest At The Super BowlSome photos with no backstory are making the rounds, showing what appears to be an Indianapolis police sniper checking out his post in the rafters of Lucas Oil Stadium in the hours or days before the Super Bowl, a post that would be manned when the game began. Yes, we know there's nothing surprising about trained marksmen working the biggest sporting event of the year. We also know it's pretty damn cool to see what the Super Bowl snipers are working with.

It's standard operating procedure to have an invisible law enforcement presence at any high-profile event, let alone one with the attendance and attention the Super Bowl receives. And remember, there are all kinds of politicians and other assorted rich people around. You never know what could happen, though the imagination conjures up increasingly insane and horrifying scenarios, and also the criminally underrated Black Sunday. It's just never a bad idea to have a sniper rifle around.

It's no secret that the Super Bowl is staffed by sharpshooters. "We've got a lot of places for snipers in here," Jerry Jones enthused to CNN about Cowboys Stadium before last year's Super Bowl. In 2009, Ashton Kutcher noticed (and filmed) a pair of them across the street.

We're actively trying to figure out where these photos came from and for what purpose they were taken. They've started to circulate on Facebook, and we found them posted on a 4chan board, though it's impossible to tell where they originated. But the details are right: the IMPD patch, the end zone design, the giant Roman numerals on the glass of Lucas Oil Stadium. So we're labeling them "plausible" and will update when we can trace them back a little further.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Police Sniper at Super Bowl

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Could be UD6 behind a pellet rifle hitting Patriot players during the game?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In Response to Re: Police Sniper at Super Bowl:
    Could be UD6 behind a pellet rifle hitting Patriot players during the game?
    Posted by MarcW1

Do you mean the BB shot that hit Ninck in the behind to go offside giving the Gints a new set of downs?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mybologna2. Show mybologna2's posts

I think thats underpants in the blue chair using a paintball gun to spread his seed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

lol pretty cool to see. Snipers are always at these types of games because of the shear amount of people involved. If terrorists were to strike it would be at a globally televised event where a large amount of people are packed and the SB fits that description perfectly. No shocker at all that increased security would included sharp shooters

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Could you imagine being in your seat with a set of high powered binoculars and your just checking things out all around, you look up into the rafters and you see this.  That would be pretty freaky. 

I'm sure this isn't uncommon but to see actual pictures of this is pretty amazing.  You never think of this stuff when you are at an event of this magnitude.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

There have been police snipers at high profile sporting events for years. You're just not supposed to know it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to Re: Police Sniper at Super Bowl:
    Could you imagine being in your seat with a set of high powered binoculars and your just checking things out all around, you look up into the rafters and you see this.  That would be pretty freaky.  I'm sure this isn't uncommon but to see actual pictures of this is pretty amazing.  You never think of this stuff when you are at an event of this magnitude.
    Posted by TFB12

The first thing I would think is 'there's a police sniper up there'. A terrorist wouldn't use a scope sighted rifle. All they'd have to do was spray one clip and cause a panic. More people would die in the stampede than could be shot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'm kind of surprised that people are surprised by this. There's local and federal law enforcement at all nfl games every Sunday - how are they supposed to stop the bad guys? With foul language?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

how come someone doesnt come up with a flim where one of these guys shoots someone prominent they are trying to protect and causes a worldwide furor?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Theres a lot of stuff that goes on in the Sb that noone has any idea about.

The fact that noone here has commented about the half time show tells me there a lot of people that still need to get hip.

Thats a scary sight though....

Looks like someone could get popped and you wouldnt even know till its too late...hmmmm

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This doesn't surprise me one bit, the only thing that really surprises me is the pictures have been "leaked".  Pictures that apparently have been taken by someone up in the Snipers nest.  Usually these type of pictures don't get out.  They are pretty fascinating pictures!!

Sections
Shortcuts