POLL: Manti Teo drops to #32 in the draft. Do you take him?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

POLL: Manti Teo drops to #32 in the draft. Do you take him?

I know our LB corp is a strength but I beleive you draft for talent not need. Despite the fact I think he was aware there was no GF and perpetuated this hoax, I would take a shot at him at 32. If the worst thing he has done is create a make-believe girlfriend.....

**UPDATE** Changing Ricky to a No it is currently 6 would draft, 9 would not.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

Re: POLL: Manti Teo drops to #32 in the draft. Do you take him?

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

I know our LB corp is a strength but I beleive you draft for talent not need. Despite the fact I think he was aware there was no GF and perpetuated this hoax, I would take a shot at him at 32. If the worst thing he has done is create a make-believe girlfriend.....

Yes. Strange dude - but talented and disciplined on the field. Perfect fit for the Patriots.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Nope, feel good story, good kid, good motor.....

However, never looked at him as 1st round material.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:

rather get a Dlineman or receiver with that #1 pick

pass rusher (ansah, okafor, etc) or big talented cb 9rhodes) or top safety (vaccaro) (depending on what we get or dotn get in free agency).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

nope. if you want a stud LB wait for ryan shazier next year

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

If this happens I doubt Manti gets past the Ravens or Steelers pick. Ozzie wanted Hightower last year I doubt he passes on Manti with Ray Ray gone this year. Steelers need to rebuild their LB corps and MANTI would be a good start....if he falls that far.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The only player I trade up to get is DT Star Lotulie (sp). He and Wilfork would cause nightmares for opposing offenses.....IMHO instantly upgrades the pass rush and run D of any team that drafts him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

curious what Mbelieu (sp) would say?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Well, I don't consider him a leader. For someone that will now bring as much media coverage as Tebow, I would probably say no. This guys biggest thing was that he was an emotional leader.

He's either a compulsive liar, or a really gullible kid. Neither make a good case for him to be the middle linebacker of this team.

Also, Patriots talk a lot about mental toughness. There are a lot of questions now about what is going on in this kids head.

Also, the National Championship game. He was absolutely horrible. I don't know how much of his game was affected by this whole situation, but that game definitely raises questions about his game too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

GREAT as long as he doesn't bring the "girlfriend."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I'll say no.

Hey can't sniff out a fake girlfriend and you expect him to be able to sniff out a play action play?

Hmmm then again if it was HIS hoax then maybe he would be very good at disguising coverages.

What an unbelievable story and web of lies where everyone involved is in full CYOA mode.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Absolutely. However he will not drop that far. This hoax (unconfirmed) doesn't deny his obvious talent. If he's available that late you have to take him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think he sits behind Hightower, Spikes and Mayo. He is poor in pass coverage and doesnt get to the QB...I dont think he fills a Pats need.

Sections
Shortcuts