Poll says PATS will miss the playoffs.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Re: Poll says PATS will miss the playoffs.

In Response to Re: Poll says PATS will miss the playoffs.:
    In Response to Re: Poll says PATS will miss the playoffs. : Nah, some fans aren't seeing it, but there is no identity crisis. The influx of TEs is the dead giveaway. The competition there and at WR opposite Moss is another. BB knows what the weaknesess were on offensee (one dimensional, top heavy). The last thing any troll like yourself should want is Brady with a balanced offense.  SOme teams could not stop Moss and Welker KNOWING it was going to them. I would imagine for person with a brain, MORE quality options and mismatches presents an even more serious problem. Expect to lose in Foxborough this year, son. No more refs throwing flags with 5 minutes to go and horrendous made up calls, with NE working against the crowd and Polian.
    Posted by russgriswold

All of these new receiver options and yet the QB is not around to help develop them and work them into the system.  If Tight end is going to be a new focus for the team, which many have said, has not been effectively utilized, doesn't it make sense for the QB to be around to help implement some of that new scheme or at least get to know what the new TE's can and cannot do?  

As for the colts losing in FB - maybe.  I am not naive enough even with the colts record last year to think it can't happen.  Colts are getting older, played too many close games, have some o-line questions, and odds heavily stacked against them (5 of the last 6 - the pats got to win some time).   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: Poll says PATS will miss the playoffs. : The Pats dominated your team in 2008 and 2009 on the field. We all saw it. You barely won 18-15 against Matt Cassel and a Gaffney TD drop and we saw what Polian pulled off last year with the 40 yard PI call on Butler with 5 minutes to go. Not this year. No back up QBs, no Polian infused bag job in a dome.
    Posted by russgriswold

LOL - a rationalization, AND another conspiracy to explain your team's losses.  You have entered the Paul K realm of football analysis.  You pay no attention to the scoreboard, just what happened for part of a game.  You see only that which you wish to see.  Who won those games?  

Maybe Vegas would give you part of a lost bet back for a game well played.  LOL. 

Can't a team overcome ONE PLAY?  You blame your team's loss on one play?  I can play your game, too.  The pats were holding on the welker 40 yard return that put them in scoring range in the second half.  SO WHAT!  The colts overcame and won. 

Finally, I don't put the colts on the same imaginary pedastal you use for your pats.  I see the flaws of my team.  I do not bear your delusions of grandeur for my team. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

As so many of his current and former teammates have adamantly stated over the past few weeks of this media created "controversy" - Brady is the LAST guy on this team anyone needs to be worried about.  He'll have plenty of time during passing camp and training camp to work with the new TEs.  And if he "didn't look right during the season" maybe could that possibly be because he was recovering from a major knee injury? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Between Polling Pat kirwan and the great Kreskin Peter King this would be a good year for Patriots fans to make like Rip VanWinkle!!!!! Here's a message from me to them you two clowns don't know squat and as far as polls go this isn't an election it's a competition where the best atheletes usually win,I think just because you guys have stated without resevation that the Patriots will not make the playoffs that maybe the boys in Vegas will fall for your nonsensical drivel and I can make a scheckel or two... I'm hoping that Vegas believes what you are writing as last year they were the odds on favorites and I couldn't make any money. For the other non believers wait until they get a load of the Patriots passing game,can everyone here say 50 points a game! Whoever the opposition doubles will be a mistake.Holt on one side Moss on the other with Edelman and Welker in the slot,not too mention a shiny new set of TE's.Good luck picking your poison AFC east,the funniest part of which is that Crumpler went and got in football shape during the offseason because he knew that he would have the ball thrown his way a little more often than with Young as his QB. BB must be thrilled with all the new weaponry,I know Brady is......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

You could make an argument for this team being great lets say 12-4 or on the cusp of the playoffs with a record of 9-7. It all hinges on health and in my opinion we need either a rookie TE or WR (Hernandez or Price in my opinion) to become a solid threat and on defense we need someone to provide a steady pass rush maybe Cunningham with Banta -Cain. If we get both these things or more they are 12-4 or better in my opinion.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Nice backpedal. I'll take that as recognizing what you saw is what I saw. I'd be embarrassed too, if my team needed phantom flags and eeked out wins against back up QBs AT HOME. Here's the reality of the Colts v.s.s NE in recent years: 1. Can only beat NE's B Squad in Foxborough.  Indy has never beaten NE without relying on a B Squad on D.  2005 is this example.  Earthwind Moreland is supposed to handle Marvin Harrison? lol 2. Need to play in Indy to win AND they need a series of more than questionable close calls even when they are totally outplayed, in order to win. This is not an opinion, this is a fact. How many teams win games in AFC Title matches where the NFL admits the refs made up a penatly on a rule that doesn't exist?
    Posted by russgriswold

Not a backpeddle, I am just willing to let you have your opinion - something you know nothing about. 

I think it was a 50/50 call.  As easy to call as not call.  Further, there was no TD on the play.  How come the Pats D didn't rise up and stop the colts?  The colts were able to overcome the no-call on the Welker return (it was 70 yds not 40).  What's your response to that? 

So, I have your excuse for 2005.  I have your excuse for 09.  I have your excuse for 08.  What's your excuse for 2006 (2 losses).  I could make an excuse for 2007 that Tim Jennings (5'8") matched against Randy Moss is no different than Moreland vs. Harrison.  Is that how it works?

You are nothing more than an excuse machine with blinders, and a poor one at that. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

Ok Here comes the Ballbuster.....I dont think the Patriots will make the playoffs this year either. Sorry but the draft hasnt proved anything yet until those players are suited up and on the field. The 2 tight ends picked up have yet to play in the Pro's and until they do they are rookies period. The O-line is still in trouble, the pass rush until someone steps up is not even there, this team has a lot to prove and still there is no runningback, and if your all counting on Maroney then you are blind of what he has done since drafted. Everyone on this board is so high on this draft thinking these rookies are going to blow the pros right out of their shoes, sorry folks but that just doesnt happen. Moss is another year older and slower and there were no superstars added, Now I love the Patriots, but if you people cant look at the facts without hurting your pride then your in for a big let down this year. Oh, and Giselle said Tom has to be home for the weekends and in by dark, so this is going to be a big problem.
    Posted by JerrySpringer

no your a loser because you just proved it...now get off this stage...its not yours anymore!!!  the babes can stay...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from reegz04. Show reegz04's posts

SoOoOoOo....let me guess.. who will make the playoffs from the AFC East if not the Patriots?? the Paper Champ Jets?? I agree with u guys on it being a good thing that we are the underdogs again. But when Sanchez blows out his knees for the 387th time,Holmes is in jail for playing beer bottle dodgeball with a stripper, and LT is in a wheelchair sporting his sick "VADER" look, I dont really think they will be in contention. Im telling you, Julian Edelman=Breakout season...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to Re: Poll says PATS will miss the playoffs. : All of these new receiver options and yet the QB is not around to help develop them and work them into the system.  If Tight end is going to be a new focus for the team, which many have said, has not been effectively utilized, doesn't it make sense for the QB to be around to help implement some of that new scheme or at least get to know what the new TE's can and cannot do?   As for the colts losing in FB - maybe.  I am not naive enough even with the colts record last year to think it can't happen.  Colts are getting older, played too many close games, have some o-line questions, and odds heavily stacked against them (5 of the last 6 - the pats got to win some time).   
    Posted by underdoggg

underdogg..have you been at foxboro? tom has been here...just not every week....players can only be here working out for a specific amount of time(hours) anyway..for a specific amount of days per week...Plus there will be passing camp, mini camp, and preseason....  not to mention throwing to welker in la...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

In Response to Re: Poll says PATS will miss the playoffs. : Biggest loser on this site....has no life, makes his "own stage".  You know Springer, the Harvard Bridge would be a great stage....if you get my meaning.
    Posted by Sveltics

No, No, No, I dont compare to you in the loser catagory lol...Why is it when someone has anything to say about the Patriots that may not be in your favor, they are losers? So I guess  from what you are saying the Patriots are a lock for the title, wow, I guess BB should hire you because you have all the answers, lets just throw the football season away and just give the Patriots the trophy then...Im guessing this is the same for your wife or girlfriend? why go to bed and do anything with her, from your stand point its going to be the best shes ever had so why bother...You sir are a doofus! You know nothing about anything, and have no idea what you ar eeven talking about. Yes a bunch of rookies are going to come into the NFL and becasue they wear the Patriot uniform they are going to dominate every plaer in the league....Yes you are a total idiot! Yell

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I'll take Brady + Belichick + healthy Moss + improved Welker + three quality tight ends + a slew of serviceable backs + solid secondary + under-the-radar defense

13-3

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

You know underdog, i always gave you the benefit of a doubt, but you really are a steamimg pile of crap. Screw you and all the bull$4it you spew here. Jesus, what a dickwad Go back to your dolts board, tell them of your Patriot envy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Here we go - more excuses, errr facts.

How about the Gaffney TD in the 06 AFCCG at the back of the endzone? - No way his OUTSIDE foot finds a way to cross over his inside foot which is literally on the line while he is falling out of bounds.  The faceguarding was a bad call that required another play to get a TD.  The Gaffney play was nothing short of a MAKE UP call and gave the pats a TD when it otherwise would have been 4th and Goal from the 6.  FACT.

Oh - and no response to the no call on the Welker 70 yd return.  Of course not.  Hard to see both sides with blinders on.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

Well Jerry, I guess you can take a break. Since the Patriots won't be in the playoffs there is not much here for you. Go @#$% with jests fans, let them know what they will or will not do. Google tool, see Jerry on the first 15 hits.
    Posted by BigPapi61

Go back to the baseball forum and play in your sandbox.... The only TOOL is the one you and your boyfriend share lol..... Why do little girls like you come here ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

I'll take Brady + Belichick + healthy Moss + improved Welker + three quality tight ends + a slew of serviceable backs + solid secondary + under-the-radar defense 13-3
    Posted by apdynasty23

Heckuva prediction.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

You know underdog, i always gave you the benefit of a doubt, but you really are a steamimg pile of crap. Screw you and all the bull$4it you spew here. Jesus, what a dickwad Go back to your dolts board, tell them of your Patriot envy.
    Posted by BigPapi61

Why? because I can fight fire with fire.  Look, I have an ability to be reasonable and I have an ability play like Rusty does.  How can any fan of any team never see the benefits of calls they have received but always see when they have been screwwed? 

If Rusty wants to make excuses for pats losses, I can play the game too.  If you want to be blind to Rusty's way and only be po'd at me.  So be it.  Its nothing new.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

I think this may be their finest year. They have grey beards to be sure, but who could ever imagine Randy Moss lining up across from Tory Holt. You guys can plug in the rest of the weapons..... but..... damn.........
    Posted by BigPapi61

Once again....what fairytale book are you reading? Your new name is DAY-DREAM-BELIEVER... Wow its on paper so it must be true. This is their finest year huh? LOL... Please get a life!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

Love it. I hope these build all the way through the season. There is nothing better than a BB coached team laying in the weeds going into a season. 12-4. Brady will toss 35-40 TDs and Maroney has a breakout year.  Defense ascends into the top 5, worst case a top 10 NFL D. GaryTX, how many new guys will be starting on D?  Maybe 1? Maybe 2?  Spikes or McKenzie have a good chance to push Guyton aside and maybe McCourty over Butler.  But, that's it. Sure, if Gerard Warren wins a job or possibly if Cunningham becomes the find of Round 2 (very unlikely, obviously), then you have more new bodies, but overall, the core of the defense is will be 2 and 3 years in. They'll know almost right away if a guy like Gerard Warren can switch from DT to DE in a 3-4.   Basically, if he or Lewis get cut, that's likely what that means. But, overall, how can you not like the young foundation building here? The secondary has a chance to be very good. I can't wait to watch the preseason games to see how BB sees the defense.
    Posted by russgriswold

Although your posts are usually pretty good, you have to admit what you are saying here is based on hope and hope only... I could get into a long list of why and why not's but until the season begins its only speculation on both our parts...BUT, I hope you are right and I am wrong!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

you and jerry make me laugh, we are everything you will never be

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

posted at 5/21/2010 9:38 AM EDT
    First: 2/23/2010
    Last: 5/21/2010
    As so many of his current and former teammates have adamantly stated over the past few weeks of this media created "controversy" - Brady is the LAST guy on this team anyone needs to be worried about.  He'll have plenty of time during passing camp and training camp to work with the new TEs.  And if he "didn't look right during the season" maybe could that possibly be because he was recovering from a major knee injury? 

Who said anything about being worried about Brady? I said he had an off year. You disputed that and now you just made up an excuse for his Off year. I fully expect Brady to be better this year than last.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

should be better than last year as long as his receivers are on the same page AND the o-line holds up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

should be better than last year as long as his receivers are on the same page AND the o-line holds up.
    Posted by underdoggg

I don't worry about Moss, Holt and Edelman. I do worry about the O-Line and their dedication to a running game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

underdogg, why are you really here? is it to #$?! with Russ, me, patriot fans? Do you not think your $3it is getting old and stale? you love the colts and yet here you are. seek help or be a patriots fan...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Complete nonsense.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

yeah. its kinda like when you see a cockroach, spray them, hit them with your shoe, just get them out of your house

Sections
Shortcuts