Poll - Who is most important to the Patriots success? If you had to choose... Seymour, Wilfork, Mankins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzy1. Show fuzzy1's posts

Poll - Who is most important to the Patriots success? If you had to choose... Seymour, Wilfork, Mankins

Considering the cap (and a CBA in place for 2010), the Patriots are probably looking at keeping only one or two of these guys past 2010.  Who would you sign long-term?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

Re: Poll - Who is most important to the Patriots success? If you had to choose... Seymour, Wilfork, Mankins

All three players are important, all three have pro bowls, only one has been all-pro, and that has been on several occassions. I will tell you an old saying the guys I work with " I have seen em' come and I have seen em' go, so my friend it is time to pack up your tools, your otta here!" To be honest I root for the Patriots not the individual player, it seems to me that the pats won the bigger games with a roster full of half decent players working as a team. I also feel since they have signed guys to bigger contratcts the team has choked in the big games, colts afc championship game, the giants superbowl, the jets this year, no excuses the pats are more talented the last three/four years and they havent' won anything, so I think anyone of the three can be replaced not saying I would dump all three but the teams records speaks loudly over the last few years, they have spent more money and got less in return

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Re: Poll - Who is most important to the Patriots success? If you had to choose... Seymour, Wilfork, Mankins

Mankins is a hard guy to replace. He could be the best LG in football for the next 5 years and that not only keeps Brady on his feet during games but it helps out running game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzy1. Show fuzzy1's posts

[QUOTE]Mankins is a hard guy to replace. He could be the best LG in football for the next 5 years and that not only keeps Brady on his feet during games but it helps out running game.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

I think Brady would say the same thing.  Pass protection/blocking is a must for this team.  Although, I had to go with Seymour because, if he's healthy, a 6'7 DT that commands a double team is hard to get without a top 10 pick (and we aren't getting a top 10 pick anytime soon).  If Seymour plays below expectations again... then go with Mankins.

Sections
Shortcuts