POLL: WOULD U HAVE WANTED MICHAEL VICK TO BECOME A PAT?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from reg122. Show reg122's posts

POLL: WOULD U HAVE WANTED MICHAEL VICK TO BECOME A PAT?

would we had rallied around vick had belichick signed him? how much of a weapon would he have been here as a slash-type guy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nykrb. Show nykrb's posts

Re: POLL: WOULD U HAVE WANTED MICHAEL VICK TO BECOME A PAT?

In Response to POLL: WOULD U HAVE WANTED MICHAEL VICK TO BECOME A PAT?:
    [QUOTE]would we had rallied around vick had belichick signed him? how much of a weapon would he have been here as a slash-type guy.
    Posted by reg122[/QUOTE]

I regret the Patriots ever drafted Maroney, after studying his play at the college level, it was obvious that he wasn't much more than a guy with speed that needed hug lanes to be cleared for him to get well past the LOS where he would then become dangerous... and the NFL doesn't often allow for teams to make such lanes for their RBs... and since the Patriots weren't a run heavy offense, he was a reach from the outset, and a poor choice.

I reget the Patriots didn't get Branch signed to a new contract asap after his SB MVP, not that Moss isn't far superior to him, or even Welker, but if the Patriots had made such a move early, rather been held hostage by Branch and the interfering Mangini in 2006... who knows how the 2006 season could have ended if they had even one quality WR.

Or perhaps if they hadn't let AV go to Indy... perhaps the Colts would have never made it to the AFCCG.

I have plenty of regrets, but I have NO REGRETS about Vick and I doubt I ever will.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

Anyone who thinks Vick would have flourished here is an idiot, who knows nothing about football. They had to pare down the playbook for him in Atlanta, and even yet, he had more broken plays than any other quarterbacks in his last year. People think Favre shoots from the hip, but Vick is worse. His career completion is 53.8% When he started playing 15 plus games in 2004, his yearly average is 40 sacks, 13 interceptions, and 12 fumbles, over half lost.

Brady is very demanding and precise and wants players who run perfect routes, who is dumb enough to think Vick would even do that, if he were to be put in that capacity???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

Please get off that man's nuts....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from paparui. Show paparui's posts

In Response to Re: POLL: WOULD U HAVE WANTED MICHAEL VICK TO BECOME A PAT?:
    [QUOTE]Anyone who thinks Vick would have flourished here is an idiot, who knows nothing about football. They had to pare down the playbook for him in Atlanta, and even yet, he had more broken plays than any other quarterbacks in his last year. People think Favre shoots from the hip, but Vick is worse. His career completion is 53.8% When he started playing 15 plus games in 2004, his yearly average is 40 sacks, 13 interceptions, and 12 fumbles, over half lost. Brady is very demanding and precise and wants players who run perfect routes, who is dumb enough to think Vick would even do that, if he were to be put in that capacity???
    Posted by patpscyho[/QUOTE]

Your clearly an idiot then cause you think Vick would play the same role as Brady if he signed with the Pats. He's not a Pocket Passer but is a proven Winner at the NFL level. People seem to forget he took a average at best team to a conference championship. If Vick wasn't a idiot and actually didn't involve himself in the dog fighting mess he would have taken Atlanta farther with Micheal Turner than Matt Ryan did especially considering he would have been in the prime of his career along with having Roddy White in his prime since he was only in his second season in Vick's last year. I'm also a Boston College fan so my above comment isn't me taking a homer stance either like most people do. Obviously the current Falcons system and coaches are different so I could be wrong but any good OC would know how to utilize Vick correctly. Vick won't do much this season unless the Eagles make the playoffs cause he'll need to get back into the swing of things but the fact that the Eagles offense is similar to what the Falcons did his last year he played will help him learn the system quicker since QB's take 1 or 2 seasons normally to learn a new system. You can hate on him all you want  but you can't deny he was a among the top QB's (QB's don't have to be traditional pocket passers)and a gameplanning problem for DC's every week. Got a basketball game so I gotta go. MVPKilla I was wrong he would sign with the Pats so I'll admit you were right since you put your life on it. It wasn't about me being right and more about Vick getting back in the league like he eventually should have.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oldman33. Show oldman33's posts

In Response to POLL: WOULD U HAVE WANTED MICHAEL VICK TO BECOME A PAT?:
    [QUOTE]would we had rallied around vick had belichick signed him? how much of a weapon would he have been here as a slash-type guy.
    Posted by reg122[/QUOTE]

Where would he fit? I'm still shocked that ANYONE would sign this convicted felon. The Eagles must've been real desperate. I guess its OK to torture animals for years. It's OK to lie to the team owner. It's OK to serve time in a federal prison- you think he had special treatment? A real role model for our youth to emulate. How about the average athelete who got to the NFL  on pure skill and talent? Thanks Roger. We see where you thought hard and long over the good of the NFL. Watch the  circus in Philly this season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

who knows how the 2006 season could have ended if they had even one quality WR.

I don't know how this relates to the topic of Michael Vick. In any case, I disagree with your thoughts on the 06 season. They had an 18 point lead in the second quarter and blew it. Lack of WRs was not the cause the Patriots didn't go all the way that season, it was the lack of defense in the fourth quarter.

They had to pare down the playbook for him in Atlanta, and even yet, he had more broken plays than any other quarterbacks in his last year. People think Favre shoots from the hip, but Vick is worse. His career completion is 53.8% When he started playing 15 plus games in 2004, his yearly average is 40 sacks, 13 interceptions, and 12 fumbles, over half lost.

I don't know why people still refuse to see this! All his "big" plays were broken plays. He s u c k s as a passer. Just listening to the guy talk I sense that he could not grasp the mental aspect of being a Patriot, much less a QB. Anyone who cannot see that Vick would not be a good fit in NE is either not really a Patriots follower, or is being obtuse in their support of Vick.

Please get off that man's nuts....

It seems to me that you and all the rest of the supporters are the ones slobbering all over Vick's sack!

Your clearly an idiot then cause you think Vick would play the same role as Brady if he signed with the Pats. He's not a Pocket Passer but is a proven Winner at the NFL level. People seem to forget he took a average at best team to a conference championship.

So exactly what role would he play? They have plenty of RBs, not that Vick would make a good one. His runs usually ended with him scooting out of bounds. At his age he could not take the pounding a RB gets. Would you put him in as a WR and pull Welker or Moss? The only thing I can see Vick possibly being valuable as is a "RB" in the wildcat play. And I don't expect to see NE do that as a part of the offense. Why sign a guy who might play five plays a year, but would certainly be a distraction the entire season? As far as him taking the Falcons to the NFCCG, that was pure luck. Look at their schedule that season. They played the Rams, 49ers, Cardinals, Lions, Giants (in Eli's rookie season), and Raiders. Out of those only the Rams had more than 6 wins (they went 8-8). That was also the year the Panthers had all those injuries and went 7-9 after losing the SB. The Saints were the "Aints" at 8-8 and Tampa went 5-11. Not a lot of competition. And they lost the Championship game to the Eagles...McNabb's only win in that game out of five tries! He also had Warrick Dunn averaging 4.2 ypc and 1100 yards. Alge Crumpler was about the only receiver he got the ball to. That was his best year for completion percentage, at 56.4%. He had 14 TDs and 12 INTs, and was sacked 46 times. It was also his second best year for passer rating. That was a whopping 78.1! Take Vick over Matt Ryan? You are insane. As a rookie Ryan had a 61.1 completion percentage. He had 16 TDs to 11 INTs and was only sacked 17 times. His passer rating was 87.7, too. If you are taking a "homer stance" it's because you are a "homer" for Vick, not BC!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from reg122. Show reg122's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone who thinks Vick would have flourished here is an idiot, who knows nothing about football. They had to pare down the playbook for him in Atlanta, and even yet, he had more broken plays than any other quarterbacks in his last year. People think Favre shoots from the hip, but Vick is worse. His career completion is 53.8% When he started playing 15 plus games in 2004, his yearly average is 40 sacks, 13 interceptions, and 12 fumbles, over half lost. Brady is very demanding and precise and wants players who run perfect routes, who is dumb enough to think Vick would even do that, if he were to be put in that capacity???
    Posted by patpscyho[/QUOTE]

very good point.  i underestimated how low vik's football iq really is!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Signing Vick would give a back up QB that made it to the NFCCG, and the first QB ro beat Favre at Lambeau in Janurary. He could be used in a couple of different formations with Brady on the field, and during special teams. He give the Pats something they really havent had in a while, some one to line up behind the QB and throw the ball, I think the last time they did that was with Maggot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

NFW!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The surprisingly good showing of 7th round pick, WR/QB Julian Edelman...probably killed any chance of Vick being picked up by the Pats.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

The nature of his crimes, no matter what the degree of seriousness you give them, make him a problematic sign--to put it lightly.  It's hard to imagine more detestable crimes, outside of murder or rape, than his. 

And the city of Philly has so far not welcomed this signing with open arms, the majority of fans are still opposing it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

From a football standpoint, Walter couldn't hold Vick's jock. However, all of the animal lovers would be calling for his head. if he could be a backup for Brady here without all of the drama that would come with it, yeah, it would be an excellent pickup. However, that's not the way it is. I watched this kid do things on a football field that I have never seen before. Too bad he had to choose to do such a stupid thing. I hope that he succeeds and gets himself going down the right path from here on out. Talk to kids about his mistake and show them that is not the way you live your life. Nobody is above Johnny Law. Leave the rest for the field.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RobertBro. Show RobertBro's posts

What Vick did was not a simple error in judgement where he failed to foresee the consequences of his actions.  On the contrary, he knew that he was inflicting horrific suffering on intelligent, emotionally sensitive beings.   He not only sponsored it, he directly participated in it for no other reason than enjoyment and entertainment.  Michael Vick is a sick, twisted, cruel, sadistic human being.  Such people must be completely shunned by society as both a deterrent and an unequivocal message that such behaviour is totally unacceptable.  The multitude of Vick apologists shows that is a message that urgently needs to be sent.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

[QUOTE] but you can't deny he was a among the top QB's (QB's don't have to be traditional pocket passers)and a gameplanning problem for DC's every week. Got a basketball game so I gotta go.
    Posted by paparui[/QUOTE]

53.8% completion and 52 interceptions and 187 sacks in 6 years (ONLY four full seasons) makes him a top QB???

What have you been smoking? Actually you can't be that stupid- I have to assume you're too young, in which case I better ask you what glue you have been sniffing.

Do yourself a favor and stick to hoops.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

[QUOTE]So exactly what role would he play? They have plenty of RBs, not that Vick would make a good one. His runs usually ended with him scooting out of bounds. At his age he could not take the pounding a RB gets. Would you put him in as a WR and pull Welker or Moss? The only thing I can see Vick possibly being valuable as is a "RB" in the wildcat play. And I don't expect to see NE do that as a part of the offense. Why sign a guy who might play five plays a year, but would certainly be a distraction the entire season? As far as him taking the Falcons to the NFCCG, that was pure luck. Look at their schedule that season. They played the Rams, 49ers, Cardinals, Lions, Giants (in Eli's rookie season), and Raiders. Out of those only the Rams had more than 6 wins (they went 8-8). That was also the year the Panthers had all those injuries and went 7-9 after losing the SB. The Saints were the "Aints" at 8-8 and Tampa went 5-11. Not a lot of competition. And they lost the Championship game to the Eagles...McNabb's only win in that game out of five tries! He also had Warrick Dunn averaging 4.2 ypc and 1100 yards. Alge Crumpler was about the only receiver he got the ball to. That was his best year for completion percentage, at 56.4%. He had 14 TDs and 12 INTs, and was sacked 46 times. It was also his second best year for passer rating. That was a whopping 78.1! Take Vick over Matt Ryan? You are insane. As a rookie Ryan had a 61.1 completion percentage. He had 16 TDs to 11 INTs and was only sacked 17 times. His passer rating was 87.7, too. If you are taking a "homer stance" it's because you are a "homer" for Vick, not BC!!!
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

This is a really great reason NOT to sign Vick to any team. Leaving all of the drama aside, he was never a good player - people have this fascination about him because he was entertaining, NOT because he was good.

It's like the harlem globetrotters - they can do some crazy cool things but put them in a game with real basketball players and they'll get killed...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

[QUOTE]What Vick did was not a simple error in judgement where he failed to foresee the consequences of his actions.  On the contrary, he knew that he was inflicting horrific suffering on intelligent, emotionally sensitive beings.   He not only sponsored it, he directly participated in it for no other reason than enjoyment and entertainment.  Michael Vick is a sick, twisted, cruel, sadistic human being.  Such people must be completely shunned by society as both a deterrent and an unequivocal message that such behaviour is totally unacceptable.  The multitude of Vick apologists shows that is a message that urgently needs to be sent.
    Posted by RobertBro[/QUOTE]

I agree that he knew what he was doing when he did it. However, I don't believe he should be "shunned" by society his whole life. I am one who believes that hunting is similar to what Vick did , along with slaughtering cows. Guess they should be shunned too. People are quick to judge and not allow second chances, until something happens to them. Have you ever eaten a hamburger? Now, I am not saying what he did was right. Just that some people are being hypocrites on here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RobertBro. Show RobertBro's posts

Nightrider, do you really think there is no difference between respectfully and humanely killing an animal for food and torturing an animal just to enjoy it's suffering?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

[QUOTE]Nightrider, do you really think there is no difference between respectfully and humanely killing an animal for food and torturing an animal just to enjoy it's suffering?
    Posted by RobertBro[/QUOTE]

RobertBro, I really didn't know that there is such a thing as "respectfully killing." Do they walk up to the animal and ask it if it is ok to kill it for food? Some of the cows and pigs that are killed for food aren't just killed quickly. They live and breathe just like dogs do. As I said before. I do not agree with what he did. However, I do believe in second chances so long as you are on the right path. You can still be a productive human being.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Vick supporters...

Once there was a QB named Randall Cunningham who was the greatest "running" QB the league had ever seen.  As he got older he couldnt run nearly as fast, when he blew out his knee or teams were smart enough to devise a defense to stop a running QB the game was over.  Vick can't pass well enough to be successful in the PATs system.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady101. Show Brady101's posts

If...and as we now see that is a big "IF", Vick was to have signed with the Patriots I don't think it would have been a quarterback.  I think it would have been more of an old Kordell Stewart slash type role.  That being said, it would have been interesting to see what a defense would have done with Brady at QB, Moss wide right, Welker in the right slot, Galloway wide left and Vick in the left slot.  Put Watson on the line or Maroney or Faulk in the backfield and where do they go.  The possibilities would have been endless, for at least one game.  That would have been fun to watch.  Long term though, defensive coordinators would have figured it out, Vick never would have worked at QB, and there really wouldn't have been much of a point.  Which I think is why he is an Eagle and not a Pat.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Signing Vick would give a back up QB that made it to the NFCCG, and the first QB ro beat Favre at Lambeau in Janurary. He could be used in a couple of different formations with Brady on the field, and during special teams. He give the Pats something they really havent had in a while, some one to line up behind the QB and throw the ball, I think the last time they did that was with Maggot.

Eli Manning also beat Favre at Lambeau in January. Favre has long fallen from his prowess of the 90s. And why would they want to pay a guy QB money who could only be used in a very limited number of situations? That surely isn't BB's way. He's not a good QB, so why would he be a good backup QB? And when Brady is in the game, why would you want anyone else throwing the ball? In eight years I think they did a play like that once.

NFW!

Amen to that!

The surprisingly good showing of 7th round pick, WR/QB Julian Edelman...probably killed any chance of Vick being picked up by the Pats.

Good point, also. But I think the limited uses and the potential distractions killed any chance before anyone saw Edelman play.

From a football standpoint, Walter couldn't hold Vick's jock. However, all of the animal lovers would be calling for his head. if he could be a backup for Brady here without all of the drama that would come with it, yeah, it would be an excellent pickup.

Vick's numbers as a QB do not support him being a good backup in this offense. In Atlanta they had to mold the offense around him (and "dumb it down"). And though Walter hasn't looked good so far in his career, remember Randy Moss looked pretty bad in Oakland. If BB thinks he can compete for a spot I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

What Vick did was not a simple error in judgement where he failed to foresee the consequences of his actions.  On the contrary, he knew that he was inflicting horrific suffering on intelligent, emotionally sensitive beings.   He not only sponsored it, he directly participated in it for no other reason than enjoyment and entertainment.  Michael Vick is a sick, twisted, cruel, sadistic human being.

And yet if it were anyone else they would be made to undergo numerous psychological evaluations. There has to be an underlying problem for him to commit such heinous acts, IMO. But nobody seems to want to get into that discussion! Most serial killers and those who kill their victims savagely started out as children torturing small animals. Because Vick is famous and "entertaining" people seem to overlook any unresolved issues he may still have.

53.8% completion and 52 interceptions and 187 sacks in 6 years (ONLY four full seasons) makes him a top QB???
    What have you been smoking? Actually you can't be that stupid- I have to assume you're too young, in which case I better ask you what glue you have been sniffing.

This has been pointed out to this guy (and the rest of the Vick supporters) numerous times over the last couple weeks. Yet they refuse to acknowledge facts as a basis for evaluation.

This is a really great reason NOT to sign Vick to any team. Leaving all of the drama aside, he was never a good player - people have this fascination about him because he was entertaining, NOT because he was good.

This is what I and many others here have been trying to point out all along. But those who think he'd be some huge plus to the team blow us off claiming we're affiliated with PETA, or that we're being bigots because Vick is black. And though stats are not the end all of judging an NFL player, they are relevant to an extent. Had the Panthers not had so many injuries in the first half of the 04 season (when they went 1-7), there's no way the Falcons would have won the division, much less luck into the NFCCG.

I agree that he knew what he was doing when he did it. However, I don't believe he should be "shunned" by society his whole life. I am one who believes that hunting is similar to what Vick did , along with slaughtering cows. Guess they should be shunned too.

How many hunters go out and hunt an animal that is chained to an anchor, then beat him with a baseball bat or electrocute him? Or drown them by holding their head underwater? While I am against hunters who do so for sport, there is a big difference between killing an animal to put food on the table and killing one simply because he lost you money in an illegal gambling ring! And most here are not suggesting he be shunned by society, but a lot of us do believe his actions should preclude him from the "priveledge" (as the commissioner calls it) of making millions in the NFL.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

[QUOTE]If...and as we now see that is a big "IF", Vick was to have signed with the Patriots I don't think it would have been a quarterback.  I think it would have been more of an old Kordell Stewart slash type role.  That being said, it would have been interesting to see what a defense would have done with Brady at QB, Moss wide right, Welker in the right slot, Galloway wide left and Vick in the left slot.  Put Watson on the line or Maroney or Faulk in the backfield and where do they go.  The possibilities would have been endless, for at least one game.  That would have been fun to watch.  Long term though, defensive coordinators would have figured it out, Vick never would have worked at QB, and there really wouldn't have been much of a point.  Which I think is why he is an Eagle and not a Pat.   
    Posted by Brady101[/QUOTE]

That's assuming he knows what the play is, and what route to run, which is a joke because he didn't know half the time in Atlanta.. the way he played, he just pretended to engage, and was practically begging for the play to break down so he could pull a tarzan and run wild.

The Patriots system depends on precision route running and split-second timing because that is Brady's strength, his high accuracy and impeccable timing. This is why Cassell had such a hard time last year because he was trying to fit into a system not built to his strengths.

Vick is not a system player, period. He never was, never will be- from VT to Atlanta to Philadelphia. My guess is he will stand out like a sore thumb.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from don1320. Show don1320's posts

NO

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddyd08. Show Eddyd08's posts

[QUOTE]Signing Vick would give a back up QB that made it to the NFCCG, and the first QB ro beat Favre at Lambeau in Janurary. He could be used in a couple of different formations with Brady on the field, and during special teams. He give the Pats something they really havent had in a while, some one to line up behind the QB and throw the ball, I think the last time they did that was with Maggot. Eli Manning also beat Favre at Lambeau in January. Favre has long fallen from his prowess of the 90s. And why would they want to pay a guy QB money who could only be used in a very limited number of situations? That surely isn't BB's way. He's not a good QB, so why would he be a good backup QB? And when Brady is in the game, why would you want anyone else throwing the ball? In eight years I think they did a play like that once. NFW! Amen to that! The surprisingly good showing of 7th round pick, WR/QB Julian Edelman...probably killed any chance of Vick being picked up by the Pats. Good point, also. But I think the limited uses and the potential distractions killed any chance before anyone saw Edelman play. From a football standpoint, Walter couldn't hold Vick's jock. However, all of the animal lovers would be calling for his head. if he could be a backup for Brady here without all of the drama that would come with it, yeah, it would be an excellent pickup. Vick's numbers as a QB do not support him being a good backup in this offense. In Atlanta they had to mold the offense around him (and "dumb it down"). And though Walter hasn't looked good so far in his career, remember Randy Moss looked pretty bad in Oakland. If BB thinks he can compete for a spot I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. What Vick did was not a simple error in judgement where he failed to foresee the consequences of his actions.  On the contrary, he knew that he was inflicting horrific suffering on intelligent, emotionally sensitive beings.   He not only sponsored it, he directly participated in it for no other reason than enjoyment and entertainment.  Michael Vick is a sick, twisted, cruel, sadistic human being. And yet if it were anyone else they would be made to undergo numerous psychological evaluations. There has to be an underlying problem for him to commit such heinous acts, IMO. But nobody seems to want to get into that discussion! Most serial killers and those who kill their victims savagely started out as children torturing small animals. Because Vick is famous and "entertaining" people seem to overlook any unresolved issues he may still have. 53.8% completion and 52 interceptions and 187 sacks in 6 years (ONLY four full seasons) makes him a top QB??? What have you been smoking? Actually you can't be that stupid- I have to assume you're too young, in which case I better ask you what glue you have been sniffing. This has been pointed out to this guy (and the rest of the Vick supporters) numerous times over the last couple weeks. Yet they refuse to acknowledge facts as a basis for evaluation. This is a really great reason NOT to sign Vick to any team. Leaving all of the drama aside, he was never a good player - people have this fascination about him because he was entertaining, NOT because he was good. This is what I and many others here have been trying to point out all along. But those who think he'd be some huge plus to the team blow us off claiming we're affiliated with PETA, or that we're being bigots because Vick is black. And though stats are not the end all of judging an NFL player, they are relevant to an extent. Had the Panthers not had so many injuries in the first half of the 04 season (when they went 1-7), there's no way the Falcons would have won the division, much less luck into the NFCCG. I agree that he knew what he was doing when he did it. However, I don't believe he should be "shunned" by society his whole life. I am one who believes that hunting is similar to what Vick did , along with slaughtering cows. Guess they should be shunned too. How many hunters go out and hunt an animal that is chained to an anchor, then beat him with a baseball bat or electrocute him? Or drown them by holding their head underwater? While I am against hunters who do so for sport, there is a big difference between killing an animal to put food on the table and killing one simply because he lost you money in an illegal gambling ring! And most here are not suggesting he be shunned by society, but a lot of us do believe his actions should preclude him from the "priveledge" (as the commissioner calls it) of making millions in the NFL.
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

Wait it was Favre that beat himself out by throwing so many INT's  not Manning.