POLL: WOULD U HAVE WANTED MICHAEL VICK TO BECOME A PAT?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: POLL: WOULD U HAVE WANTED MICHAEL VICK TO BECOME A PAT?

In Response to Re: POLL: WOULD U HAVE WANTED MICHAEL VICK TO BECOME A PAT?:
      It's hard to imagine more detestable crimes, outside of murder or rape, than his. 
    Posted by jcappy

Really?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from iaqueenie. Show iaqueenie's posts

No way. He's a dirt bag. But beyond that, he's DUMB.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

Nope

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

We have Edelman who can become the slot or wildcat option. We have Hoyer and O Connell, both of whom the Pats will develop into solid back-ups. All of this and Bob Kraft doesn't get any hatemail or lose any fans and no one from PETA is throwing red paint on the front of Patriot Place (less aggro). If Vick could play corner the way Law did back when the Pats were winning championships; that might help his chances in NE. He signed with the Eagles. Hoyer and Edelman cost less and come with excess baggage.|An admirable trait whether we're discussing GFs or baseball players. The Pats will have less exciting press conferences than the Eagles, but that's usually what BB wants anyway.

Caveat: I am not saying that Edelman or Hoyer combined have more talent than Vick; BB looked at the option and turned down the offer. He had his reasons and Mr. Kraft had his deep pockets. We got Burgess.

Ask  yourself this question: With the problems the Pats pass rush had last year how would Michael Vick help ? Playing on the scout team. We have depth at WR and RB. I can't see anyone, barring injury, taking the job away from Brady. The Pats could have got Vick and not  Burgess, however, the pass rush and Burgess' scheme versatility triumphed over talented QB who hasn't thrown a ball in two years /Canine Killer. What's smart is paying for player hungry for an SB, not one who may be as hungry , but will inevitably become a media circus. No thanks. Save that for the Barnum and Bailey crowd.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from docmartin72. Show docmartin72's posts

Where is the option "not a chance in hell do we want this sh#tty excuse for a QB and frankly disgusting slimeball in an NFL uniform, let alone a Patriots one"?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Wait it was Favre that beat himself out by throwing so many INT's  not Manning.

Favre had two INTs in each game. In the loss to Atlanta GB had five turnovers to the Falcons' none. Atlanta's defense held the Packers to 56 yards on the ground, and Longwell missed two FGs. Vick only had 117 yards passing. GB lost three fumbles, and had their only punt blocked. The Falcons rushed for 192 yards (by "committee"). I'd say Vick was not the biggest factor in Atlanta winning that game. Defense and ST stepped up big time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I would have supported any decision concerning Vick Sign or don't sign it really wouldn't matter,cause as long as Tom is QB whoever is the b/u he's really only an emergancy QB/clipboard holder.I was reading Ian Rappaport earlier today and he hinted that the Patriots may have been working on a new type of formation on offense this morning.So is it possible he was hinting at the first signs of a Wildcat type offense? Could be!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

The sad thing is BB would have no qualms about taking Vick if he could help the Pats. The Krafts would have said no. I'm sure they already discussed this in private.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from reg122. Show reg122's posts

If...and as we now see that is a big "IF", Vick was to have signed with the Patriots I don't think it would have been a quarterback.  I think it would have been more of an old Kordell Stewart slash type role.  That being said, it would have been interesting to see what a defense would have done with Brady at QB, Moss wide right, Welker in the right slot, Galloway wide left and Vick in the left slot.  Put Watson on the line or Maroney or Faulk in the backfield and where do they go.  The possibilities would have been endless, for at least one game.  That would have been fun to watch.  Long term though, defensive coordinators would have figured it out, Vick never would have worked at QB, and there really wouldn't have been much of a point.  Which I think is why he is an Eagle and not a Pat.   
    Posted by Brady101
    bingo! thats what i meant. meant as a multipurpose threat. he's a football player in the mode of a flutie or jeff hostetler or even joe theismann and kordell stewart. he could have been a third or 4th QB but also a receiver, running back and kickoff or punt guy. belichik was in ny for the creativity parcells had with hostetler initially. he played some receiver and on the punt team and returned some kicks. they found ways to get the ball in his hands before he became the clear bakup. at that point they reduced the risk!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Vick is too old to be an effective RB, he wouldn't be able to take the hits. As a WR I doubt he has the intelligence to run timing routes. Even if he could, who would you pull for him, Moss? Welker? The guy would have been useful for under ten plays a year. BB wouldn't give anyone the league minimum for such limited use. Love him or hate him, face reality. He simply would not fit into the mix in Foxboro! Please, get over it and move on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZootInNH. Show ZootInNH's posts

Actually, we could have used Vick on special teams.

Word is that he's quite adept at the pooch kick. :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

You know this always sounds like Sour grapes or whatever but I have no, and have had no interest in Vick.
    First of all Edleman might be the wildcat if we even bother to use it. I honestly don't think I would use it unless I felt like a trick play so to speak was needed. With Brady the best QB in the NFL looking like he will be 100% this season, I don't want to take snaps away from him, other then to run a play or two maybe and that is not worth picking up a guy like Vick.
    And I truly believe in giving someone a second chance but I personally would not want to deal with the baggage of bringing a guy like him into a very stable locker room.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

You know this always sounds like Sour grapes or whatever but I have no, and have had no interest in Vick. First of all Edleman might be the wildcat if we even bother to use it. I honestly don't think I would use it unless I felt like a trick play so to speak was needed. With Brady the best QB in the NFL looking like he will be 100% this season, I don't want to take snaps away from him, other then to run a play or two maybe and that is not worth picking up a guy like Vick. And I truly believe in giving someone a second chance but I personally would not want to deal with the baggage of bringing a guy like him into a very stable locker room.
    Posted by DaBlade

Amen to that! I couldn't have put it any better (except I am still against him getting a second chance in the NFL, at least for the 09 season).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

It's a mute point now but WHY???? So he could have been our backup??? Why??? He can't throw. As well as he was liked down here, no..loved, after he was convicted.... thousands of Michael Vick fans who bought his number 7 jersey turned their jerseys over to the Atlanta ASPCA. There, they lined the cages of animals with the jerseys. No lie. Nothing to do with football. Just thought some out there would find that interesting and slightly humorous.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I have no idea why we needed another Vick thread (or why it's still active), but since it is here, I will take this opportunity to point out that I was actually hoping the Pats would sign Vick, just to see if anybody would take adavantage of the opportunity to kill MVPKilla (and also to see if he would come back as a zombie).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from reg122. Show reg122's posts

so i assume that all u self-righteous types do not eat veal or know anyone who participates in canned hunts or eat lobster (where a living animal is boiled alive for our pleasure), goes fishing, supports the circus or has animals as domestic slaves (hmmmm, i mean pets)? its all relative really!

Sections
Shortcuts