Pollard released! Lets get him right now!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Pollard released! Lets get him right now!!

Just heard this on NFL network!  Sign this beast...NOW!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: Pollard released! Lets get him right now!!

at least for preventing injury to our players.......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Just don't let him near Brady, Gronk or Ridley in practice.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

LMAO! HE has real value because we could also fire our trainer!

I cant wait to see this reaction. I swear last year when I mentioned we need a real SS and they arent expensive and I used journeyman Pollard as an example and everyone was like, Noooo, He S*cks, Head hunters have no place in the league anymore,,,blah, blah and as time went on, more and more posters started asking for a SS in free agency...  lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

LMAO! HE has real value because we could also fire our trainer!

I cant wait to see this reaction. I swear last year when I mentioned we need a real SS and they arent expensive and I used journeyman Pollard as an example and everyone was like, Noooo, He S*cks, Head hunters have no place in the league anymore,,,blah, blah and as time went on, more and more posters started asking for a SS in free agency...  lol

There's a difference between a SS and a dirty player you know. Harrison wasn't a head hunter Pollard is. We need a Harrison type heavy hitter who doesn't head hunt (yes I'm well aware he was labeled dirty) and not so much a Pollard who looks like he out to intentionally hurt someone

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Yes, thats reason enough alone!! Signing him would probably go down as one of the greatest signing by the Patriots ever.  Just have a rule in place in practices that Pollard cant touch anyone. But I can see it already... The Patriots pick up Amendola and Pollard bumps into  him in the locker room and puts Amendola out for the season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Ravens cleaning house.  What are they doing?  The fans have to be in panic mode!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Ravens cleaning house.  What are they doing?  The fans have to be in panic mode!!

They still have Flacco.

hahahahahahahahahaha

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

He's only 28 and a $3 Million salary. Kind of a strange move. Unless there's some kind of health issue, he'd be worth a look for sure.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

sign him- sign- him -sign him   !!!!!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

This move makes little sense. He wasn't a huge cap hit, resigned recently, and is relatively young. Two things:

1. Injury problems. I know he injured his ribs last season, maybe it's more serious than we thought?

2. Getting ready to make a push at a big FA.

They could potentially be without 3/4ths of their starting secondary and 2/4 of their starting linebackers (3/4 if you want to include Kruger).

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

They save 1 million from this move...2.25 in dead money.

Makes no sense unless he has some injury.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

lewis, kruger, ellerbe, pollard already gone, and maybe ed reed gone too...damn

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Ravens dump another: Bernard Pollard axed

Ravens released SS Bernard Pollard.

The purge continues in Baltimore. The hard-hitting Pollard had a $3.25 million cap figure and a $500K roster bonus in 2013, but was a core piece of the defense and is just 28 years old. The Super Bowl Champs have now lost a stunning six starters off their 2012 defense. Perhaps they're preparing to make an offer to retain Ed Reed. Pollard will not hurt for suitors after racking up 98 tackles, two sacks, one interception and six pass breakups in 13 starts a year ago.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Ravens dump another: Bernard Pollard axed

Ravens released SS Bernard Pollard.

The purge continues in Baltimore. The hard-hitting Pollard had a $3.25 million cap figure and a $500K roster bonus in 2013, but was a core piece of the defense and is just 28 years old. The Super Bowl Champs have now lost a stunning six starters off their 2012 defense. Perhaps they're preparing to make an offer to retain Ed Reed. Pollard will not hurt for suitors after racking up 98 tackles, two sacks, one interception and six pass breakups in 13 starts a year ago.

...might seriously warrant a look........our D needs a toughness......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I'd sign Bernard Pollard in a second... he's exactly the kind of assassin in the secondary that this defense has been missing since Rodney retired.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

How are Pollard's cover skills? At least better than Chung's?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I don't know how he is in coverage and to be honest I am a little worried he's been cut loose by three other teams.  But his hit on Ridley was a game changer to be sure, and the Pats could use more of that.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

I don't know how he is in coverage and to be honest I am a little worried he's been cut loose by three other teams.  But his hit on Ridley was a game changer to be sure, and the Pats could use more of that.  

I think his coverage is adequate for a SS. He is always in position. has decent range and just goes for the shot instead of the pick

Nobody likes a real SS that cleans peoples clock unless he is on their team. I find it funny how many people loved Rodney but want no parts of Pollard because he is dirty. I used to hate him but after seeing him speak a few times, I really do believe he just plays agressive and isnt out to intentionally hurt anyone. Ed Reed is a welcome here and he is more of a head hunter than Pollard IMO, but not as big so he doesnt injure people and rather injures himself. I dont agree he is head hunter. Will he take a 15 yarder early on to set the Tone??? Hellss Yea and SO DID RODNEY!  selective memory I guess. I recall Rodney breaking his collarbone vs the Colts because he was trying decapitate Marvin Harrison. We loved that didnt we???

Its probably just his personality and the fact they wont be a defensive team anymore, they probably said he is expendable now. Now they will have CBs as safeties like we have...lol

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

Ed Reed will make anyone look better than they are.  He did with Landry, then Pollard.  That's why they cut Pollard. Ozzie knows Reed is the lynchpin.

Depends on money with Safety in FA. Go Talib first, then go with well priced vet Safety.

yea, thats what Im saying. Without all the defensive peices in place around him, they deemed Pollard expendable and they be rely on Flacco to score 30 a game. This is where It will get interesting and we can see Flacco exposed for what he really is. A ballsy QB who can chuck up the deel ball and not much else.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

Ed Reed will make anyone look better than they are.  He did with Landry, then Pollard.  That's why they cut Pollard. Ozzie knows Reed is the lynchpin.

Depends on money with Safety in FA. Go Talib first, then go with well priced vet Safety.

yea, thats what Im saying. Without all the defensive peices in place around him, they deemed Pollard expendable and they be rely on Flacco to score 30 a game. This is where It will get interesting and we can see Flacco exposed for what he really is. A ballsy QB who can chuck up the deel ball and not much else.

Flacco will definitely have to carry the team more this year than in past years...that is for certain.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Can Baltimore possibly lose Reed as well!!?? How could they do this. A better question: "why would Ed Reed want to stay now..."

Sections
Shortcuts