POLLARD tackle on Gronk is a popular injury-causing maneuver

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

POLLARD tackle on Gronk is a popular injury-causing maneuver

It operates with the same principle of physics as the horse collar... The defender grabs the ball carrier around the waist and swings their weight into the legs of the victim. Because the weight of the defender is suspended from the body of the ball carrier this weight is transferred into their knees and ankles as the perpetrator lands on them causing injury... Spikes did the maneuver on Rice on the following series knocking him out for a few plays. Hard to say how "dirty" it is, since it isn't yet illegal. I suspect the players know all about it and police themselves... in other words Spikes hit was a retaliation for pollard. My belief is that Pollard knew full well what he was doing to Gronkowski, much as he did to Brady.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: POLLARD tackle on Gronk is a popular injury-causing maneuver

Pollard demonstrated amazing body control on the tipped interception in the end zone... This contributes to the evidence or the profile of this guy being a controlled measured assassin type. He also took a run at Hernandez's head on a running play and just missed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

that may have been much more serious on a smaller player...the fact that gronk is a massive human being really helped him there....but with that being said, good timing for him to get two weeks off for his ankle to heal

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

A lot of good it did ... Pollard will be sitting at home crying with the rest of the Ravens while the Pats are winning the Super Bowl.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

He did that on purposed to take out the best player out of the game.  Next time, I hope the Pats meet him will grap his face mask like Smith did that to Devin in the AFC game.  They are really a dirty players.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to POLLARD tackle on Gronk is a popular injury-causing maneuver:
    It operates with the same principle of physics as the horse collar... The defender grabs the ball carrier around the waist and swings their weight into the legs of the victim. Because the weight of the defender is suspended from the body of the ball carrier this weight is transferred into their knees and ankles as the perpetrator lands on them causing injury... Spikes did the maneuver on Rice on the following series knocking him out for a few plays. Hard to say how "dirty" it is, since it isn't yet illegal. I suspect the players know all about it and police themselves... in other words Spikes hit was a retaliation for pollard. My belief is that Pollard knew full well what he was doing to Gronkowski, much as he did to Brady.
    Posted by coolade2

Absolutely agree. Pollard is the dirtiest player in the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

OK, it happens a lot.  The Ravens live and die by dirty maneuvers.  Somebody else knew the dirty maneuver too and so the Ravens lost.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

It was a tackle.  Let's not become Jet-like in our anger.  It was a tackle.  If you want to talk dirty, Giants players admitted they knew Kyle Williams had a concussion history, and were intentionally trying to ring his bell again, and said he looked "dazed" after one time they did it.  THAT is dirty play.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

BE QUIET! Oh my god, now you don't want defenders to tackle? Of course he wanted to put his weight on Gronk, Gronk is huge. Gronk was dragging him, he had to bring him down. 

He did not intend to injure him, you guys are a bunch of whiners.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

The Ravens played their finest game of the year and they still lost.. The best revenge is living well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

In Response to Re: POLLARD tackle on Gronk is a popular injury-causing maneuver:
    BE QUIET! Oh my god, now you don't want defenders to tackle? Of course he wanted to put his weight on Gronk, Gronk is huge. Gronk was dragging him, he had to bring him down.  He did not intend to injure him, you guys are a bunch of whiners.
    Posted by 49Patriots

I have to agree with 49Patriot on this one. Seems to me some of you guys are looking for things that aren't there. Makes you look like a 'sore winner!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: POLLARD tackle on Gronk is a popular injury-causing maneuver:
    It was a tackle.  Let's not become Jet-like in our anger.  It was a tackle.  If you want to talk dirty, Giants players admitted they knew Kyle Williams had a concussion history, and were intentionally trying to ring his bell again, and said he looked "dazed" after one time they did it.  THAT is dirty play.
    Posted by Davedsone

Agree on your first point.  It was a tackle.  Pollard is trying to bring down the toughest guy to bring down in the NFL.  If that was intentional Pollard should be in Cirque de Solei.

Disagree on your second point about Williams and the Giants, I think it is "all in the game".  If you know a CB has a bad hamstring you are going to test him out.  Same principle.  It is a violent game and if the Giants thought they could get an edge by hitting Williams hard, that is fair.  And it might just have worked.  I think they are stupid for saying it in the media though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Posted by Davedsone

I agree with this.  Looked like a tackle to me. 

Injuries happen.  That said, it was that Pollard guy who always seems to be around when something bad happens to important Patriot players.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

It was dangerous how he took him down, but legal....and realistically that may be the only way to take down a guy as big as Gronk. 

I did find it a little dirty how long POLLARD held on,  he got up before gronk and for a little while he held on to his ankles....that right there can cause enough weight displacement to break someone's ankles.  

stuff like that happens all the time, and I'm not going to complain because Gronk is fine and we won the game...but if he did do that on Purpose then Pollard is a *****

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: POLLARD tackle on Gronk is a popular injury-causing maneuver : I agree with this.  Looked like a tackle to me.  Injuries happen.  That said, it was that Pollard guy who always seems to be around when something bad happens to important Patriot players.
    Posted by Dessalines

And always on a different team..... It is bizzarre really. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

BE QUIET! Oh my god, now you don't want defenders to tackle? Of course he wanted to put his weight on Gronk, Gronk is huge. Gronk was dragging him, he had to bring him down.  He did not intend to injure him, you guys are a bunch of whiners.
    Posted by 49Patriots

+1

That tackle was a perfectly legal and normal tackle.  I saw absolutely NOTHING wrong with it.  This game isn't flag football, you know.

Geez!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Posted by Davedsone

His hit on Brady was not only a dirty play, it was calculated.  He specifically shot low on TB after being popped by (I think) Morris.  Clearly not a legit play; it caused the NFL to review the rule and the ruling on such a hit.

Hit on Gronk might not have been dirty, but he plays this game to injure people.  He took a shot at Hernandez's head, and tried to go low on the play where Law Firm lost his helmet. 

You'd have to go a long, long way to convince me that he's not a dirty player. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In Response to Re: POLLARD tackle on Gronk is a popular injury-causing maneuver : You wouldn't say that if his leg was broken.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

Gotta agree with that one.

When Brady got injured, these boards were filled with threads labelling Pollard a dirty player.  Some of those posters are in this thread right now.

The reality was, the Brady hit looked dirty, but it wasn't yet an illegal hit in the NFL. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from noneofyourbusiness19. Show noneofyourbusiness19's posts

what a shocker, the 49ers fan 49Patriots and steelers fan steelcurtain75 are sticking up for the dirty player, because that dirty player was trying to injure a Patriot player.  I bet if pollard tried to injure one their own they'd be singing a different tune,

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from noneofyourbusiness19. Show noneofyourbusiness19's posts

soups, I have a pic from a friend that was at the game when Brady got hurt, you can clearly see pollards going for the knee, he is looking right at the knee as he is lunging for it,  it was an intent to injure, it may not have been against the rules at the time but it doesn't make it any less dirty or unsportsman like, pollard is not a football players, football players love the game, how could anyone who loves the game play to injure other players, he is a piece of crap

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Pollard is garbage.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

soups, I have a pic from a friend that was at the game when Brady got hurt, you can clearly see pollards going for the knee, he is looking right at the knee as he is lunging for it,  it was an intent to injure, it may not have been against the rules at the time but it doesn't make it any less dirty or unsportsman like, pollard is not a football players, football players love the game, how could anyone who loves the game play to injure other players, he is a piece of crap
    Posted by noneofyourbusiness19

Yep.  I posted that in this thread, on the previous page.  Clearly a dirty hit. 

My point was in follow up to Patsfan's post.  It's the only accurate post he's ever had on these boards. I was impressed...took him a long time to get there.

Sections
Shortcuts