Poor Rob Ryan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Poor Rob Ryan

Mort: Long hair keeping Rob Ryan off HC radar

Appearing on ESPN's NFL Insiders Monday, Chris Mortensen reported Saints DC Rob Ryan's long hair is considered an impediment to landing a head-coaching job.

Mort's report is via "several NFL executives," including an owner. Although Ryan's flowing, silver locks are unusual for an NFL coach, we highly doubt it's the reason he's never risen to the ranks of head coach. The 2013 Saints are the first team Ryan's coordinated to reach the playoffs, while he's been with four clubs since 2008. Like his brother Rex, Rob is a strong defensive mind, but we expect him to be back as Sean Payton's coordinator for 2014. He hasn't been linked to any head-coaching vacancies.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PestZapper2. Show PestZapper2's posts

Re: Poor Rob Ryan

Hmmm

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I've got a head of hair like Tom Landry, and no one is calling me either. I can't figure it out...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Appearing on ESPN's NFL Insiders Monday, Chris Mortensen reported Saints DC Rob Ryan's long hair is considered an impediment to landing a head-coaching job.

Mort's report is via "several NFL executives," including an owner. Although Ryan's flowing, silver locks are unusual for an NFL coach, we highly doubt it's the reason he's never risen to the ranks of head coach. The 2013 Saints are the first team Ryan's coordinated to reach the playoffs, while he's been with four clubs since 2008. Like his brother Rex, Rob is a strong defensive mind, but we expect him to be back as Sean Payton's coordinator for 2014. He hasn't been linked to any head-coaching vacancies.

it's not the hair it's the fact that he is a Ryan ie: loudmouth braggart who knows nothing about offense nor cares to

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

He does have a solid resume as a DC for sure. Served here for 3 yrs or so as LB coach.

Why a team like Detroit gives a Caldwell a shot and Ryan is still looking is a fair point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

He shares Rex Ryan's DNA.  That is enough reason not to hire him. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Well, as a "victim" of male pattern baldness, I must say I'm envious of a guy older than me with that kind of hair.  However, seeing as he's yet to coordinate defense on a team that's been a consistent playoff participant, I can see why some coaches won't hire him.  If the "media" wants to point to the hair - and maybe it is an issue fine.  But if it is an issue, it's eclipsed by the fact that he's not coached a winner.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

I've got a head of hair like Tom Landry, and no one is calling me either. I can't figure it out...

LMAO!  Nice one!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

His Dad wasn't head coach material, Rex isn't head coach material and Rob isn't head coach material.  All very good defensive coordinators but don't have what it takes to be head coaches, imo.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Mellywitt's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

it's not the hair it's the fact that he is a Ryan ie: loudmouth braggart who knows nothing about offense nor cares to

SOUNDS JUST LIKE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

hi Russ

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Coughlin knows nothing of offense or defense, he's a special teams coach.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

His Dad wasn't head coach material, Rex isn't head coach material and Rob isn't head coach material.  All very good defensive coordinators but don't have what it takes to be head coaches, imo.

His dad may not have been head coach material but those Eagles teams were great to watch. Meanest defense in the NFL and a fun offense to watch.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

His dad may not have been head coach material but those Eagles teams were great to watch. Meanest defense in the NFL and a fun offense to watch.

Talk about bounty system.  I remember Eagles vs Cowboys game and it was being reported during the broadcast that Buddy Ryan had bounties on kicker Luis Zendejas and Troy Aikman.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Talk about bounty system.  I remember Eagles vs Cowboys game and it was being reported during the broadcast that Buddy Ryan had bounties on kicker Luis Zendejas and Troy Aikman.

Has any head coach loathed his defensive coordinator as much as Ditka did Ryan. Looking back, who really deserved more credit for that super bowl team. Ditka, who had almost nothing to do with that defense (if the book "Bringing the Heat' is accurate) or Ryan.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Has any head coach loathed his defensive coordinator as much as Ditka did Ryan. Looking back, who really deserved more credit for that super bowl team. Ditka, who had almost nothing to do with that defense (if the book "Bringing the Heat' is accurate) or Ryan.

That was an amazing defense!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from frenchosaka. Show frenchosaka's posts

So, you pay money to ESPN and learn about Rob Ryan's hair....     Glad I am a ESPN outsider. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to PapaJohn18's comment:

I guess Brady will never be a head coach when he retires. Laughing

Don't you have some barnyard animals to blow?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Coughlin knows nothing of offense or defense, he's a special teams coach.

uh huh

Sections
Shortcuts