position heirarchy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GREATESTFANOFALTIME. Show GREATESTFANOFALTIME's posts

position heirarchy

http://discussions.orlandosentinel.com/20/orlnews/fl-skolnick-nfl-draft-dolphins-0411-20100409/10

i would argue that safety is as important if not more than cb or left tackle.  look at the sb champs from the past decade.....new orleans, pitt, indy, ne, ny, tampa and balt.   of those teams only one has a perenial top notch left tackle in john ogden, buit all of them had potentially hall of fame safeties in paloumalu, sanders (when healthy) harrison, lynch, sharper, and hof inductee rod woodson.  the only exeption being the giants who again didn't have a pro bowl left tackle, nor a safety with that ability but a front sevfen who were dominant enough to compensate.  when the pats lost ty law they still finished the last thrid of the season 04, undefeated and won the superbowl.  when they lost rod harrison they couldn't get to the big game.  safety has become as important, and CERTAINLY more important than WR, which is prob the least important pos on any team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: position heirarchy

i woould agree with as important, but not more important

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

It in part also has to do with depth.  Every team wants a 3rd good CB, most teams cannot afford a 3rd good safety.  There are exceptions, but the drop off is usually pretty big.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

I absolutely agree that the S position is extremely important. Especially since this is now a passing league , you need to have athletic , versatile S's on the field like Polamalu ( not paloumalu ) , Reed , Rolle , Wilson , Phillips , Jackson etc. This is one of the reasons Ive been all over Earl Thomas for years. Listen I agree w/ you that S's are very important , but your wrong on your other points...LOL very wrong! The most important position on D is the linebacker position by far and Im sorry but its not close. Just look at the Saints this year , all their success on O was predicated on manipulating the 'backers from the opposing team. One pump fake , a double move etc to turn a 'backers hips , move their feet , keep them guessing was all Brees/Payton and his O needed to take control of the game. I really havent heard anyone else pick up on that except 1-2 other people , but if you really watched them this year and know what to look for you'd see that. After the linebacker you have DE or OLB , getting pressure on the QB is absolutely everything these days and what its all about. Like I said I agree w/ you about the importence of the S position and have been saying this for years. Im not trying to be a d!ck , but your foolish if you think Sanders is more important than Freeney , if you think Madieu Williams is more important than Jared Allen. I mean this isnt even up for debate. In terms of importence on D Id have to go DE/OLB , LB , S , DT/NT then CB. One more thing , your foolish if you think S is more important than WR , again thats not even close. This is a passing league first and these days WR's make or break or O.

5. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts