Positives about Gronk Injur

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Positives about Gronk Injur

i dont think there are any positives, but the pats so have plenty of weapons around to survive without gronk.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

No positives losing your best TE.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

fells and hooma both seem to have soft hands and are both quality tight ends....its going to take another team effort like this to make up for the loss of gronk. i do believe they can get it done though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

In response to Davedsone's comment:

I wouldn't count out Fells.  Or Hoomanaumanui.  Or Woodhead.  Or Lloyd.  Or Branch.  Or Vereen.  Or Bolden.  You get my drift?  There are plenty of NEXT MAN UP candidates, and as pointed out (astutely, I feel) by the broadcast team, the Patriots played EVERYONE this year, often.  We complain when player X doesn't get enough touches/targets, but now we have a roster with all players who have been in and know what's up.  THAT IS GREAT COACHING.

It will probably take all of them. You can't replace Gronk with one player.

agreed. no one is as indefensible as gronk

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

In response to SUZUKIGSXR's comment:

Gronk would be missed most against a superbowl opponent like the 49ers, because of his great run blocking and physicaliy. Gronk wouldn't be dropping passes from intimidation against them like Hern did a few weeks back! But I love how Vareen was used today and hope they use him more. Would love to see Vareen used on the kickoff returns too.

+1

vereen is special. I am not sure why it took use to use him like we did today, and now we all know what he is capable of. He is the best receiving bacicon this team, has the speed and hands of a WR. Mcd will use him to exploit an aging, slow ravens lb corps. Bank on it. What we miss with Gronk, we should be able to get some blocking help from josh and fells...both can catch, but no one is Gronk..he will be missed.

agreee, said the same thing about vereen as wr;

also been postign we should use him and find out what he is since we drafted him last year.

not a moment too soon.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Would be nice to pick up another receiver if possible, but Fells is likely to be active next week. I do wonder if Aiken has anything?

vereen is teh best wr availabel. ridley in backfield

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to kevin13130's comment:

Let's be honest, there are no "positives" about losing a guy like Gronk. However, the damage of the injury is mitigated by the two reasons that DaPats listed.

We've played 6 games without him, and Brady and Co. have adapted to life without Gronk over that stretch. The emergence of Vereen as a playmaker tonight also helps the offense.

Last year, losing Gronk was like being off caught guard by a big storm, and right before the Super Bowl too. This year, we're much better equipped to weather this storm.

It goes beyond that. One has to wonder why Gronk was playing to begin with? He still had that long, thick cast on his arm, and was obviously laboring in pain...before falling on the arm, and breaking it again. BB said that he was cleared by the doctors to play. Okay...then my next questions are, who the hell are these doctors? Do they have degrees? Are they blind? And...the million dollar question...is that arm going to ever heal properly, now that it's been broken twice...in a two month period?

Very angry and disappointed about this whole Gronk scenario. This is almost as bad as Mike Shanahan's decision to let RG III continue playing on an obviously damaged knee.  IDIOTIC!!!!!!!   

"   It goes beyond that. One has to wonder why Gronk was playing to begin with?"

this was my sentiments exaclty. i said throughout gamethread and durign week,. the way he was holding his shoulder away from his body so far including in hugs and celebrations he clearly was not ok. at teh very least they should have had him in a cast for games. looks like it it was a pretty nasty break. i suspoect shattered his forearm. i also suspect that hsi nutrition for the past 2 years has not been good. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to kevin13130's comment:

Let's be honest, there are no "positives" about losing a guy like Gronk. However, the damage of the injury is mitigated by the two reasons that DaPats listed.

We've played 6 games without him, and Brady and Co. have adapted to life without Gronk over that stretch. The emergence of Vereen as a playmaker tonight also helps the offense.

Last year, losing Gronk was like being off caught guard by a big storm, and right before the Super Bowl too. This year, we're much better equipped to weather this storm.

It goes beyond that. One has to wonder why Gronk was playing to begin with? He still had that long, thick cast on his arm, and was obviously laboring in pain...before falling on the arm, and breaking it again. BB said that he was cleared by the doctors to play. Okay...then my next questions are, who the hell are these doctors? Do they have degrees? Are they blind? And...the million dollar question...is that arm going to ever heal properly, now that it's been broken twice...in a two month period?

Very angry and disappointed about this whole Gronk scenario. This is almost as bad as Mike Shanahan's decision to let RG III continue playing on an obviously damaged knee.  IDIOTIC!!!!!!!   

agree with your conclusion. he didnt have a cast on. if he did, he would not have rebroke the bone. it was a pad.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

as far as will his arm ever be right. yes with nutriton and surgery and time, bone should heal better and stronger than original. knowing drs, they even like to leave a steel rod in where they think its needed. however there are contraindications for health

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

fells and hooma both seem to have soft hands and are both quality tight ends....its going to take another team effort like this to make up for the loss of gronk. i do believe they can get it done though.

they wont. hopefully they can block good enough so its not such a huge loss blocking. dotn expect much in passing. maybe a pass or 2.

they coudl try hooman a little more (in pass than we have).

but the blocking will be the biggest thing helping us win from them

Sections
Shortcuts