Positives from Pats/ Jags

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

Positives from Pats/ Jags

1. Brady spreading the ball around to the open receiver.
    2. Morris running with a purpose.
    3. Long Clock-Killing Drive in 4th quarter - (That Kind of Drive would have won us 2-3 more games this year).
    4. Great Ball pursuit.  Burgess/ TBC/ Mayo all around the ball.  Even AD made a nice pursuit tackle.
    5. Much Improved secondary play.  Merriweather returns to 1st half form.  By the way, the PATS are a different team with Springs and Sanders.
    6. Awesome QB protection.  Volmer is the key to the O-Line.
    7. Moss & Welker (Dominant - No need to say any more)
    8. The Ghost is back... a few touch backs.
    9. I really like Arrington on ST.  Reminds me of Washington (who we miss dearly).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

Re: Positives from Pats/ Jags

redzone offense was great. I feel that finally Brady and Moss found the connection in the red area that saw them go 23 TD in 2007. For whatever reason earlier in the season they didn't look in sync. Moss's value is really that he is a huge red zone target. Alot of good WRs in the game lack that aspect of the game. As good as Andre Johnson is, did you guys know that he never had more than 9 TD in a single season. Yep, you can't teach that.

Also, as good as Wes is, he isn't much of a factor in the red area as Moss can't stretch the field in those situations for him. Some said Wes is the MVP of the team, I don't think you can be MVP of the team when you aren't even the No.1 WR on the team (No.1 IMO is the one the opponent put their best CB on). Moss is vastly underappreciated, and I think that is why everytime a reporter ask BB question on how good Wes Welker is, he will always say both him and Randy Moss are great without being asked about Moss, cuz he knows how much coverage Moss takes with him every single play.

Most noticably, Mike Reiss didn't even put Moss in his 5 up this week. 3 TD in a game, regardless of the distance, is always a huge game for a WR. I feel that just because 2 of the 3 were short yardage made ppl think those were gimmic, they were not.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

Great Points!

Red Zone effectiveness was a positive from Sunday. 

More than anything, I think the main factor was good pass protection OR lack of pass rush....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Negative for me - STILL only 7 points in second half.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In the#6 point you make. I hope BB goes out and gets a couple more Volmer's in the next draft. young agrressive linemen can shut down a d-line

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

They would have scored on their last drive if they needed to....  They were in clock killing mode, rather than Point Scoring Mode.....

This was NOT a typical 2009 2nd half for the PATS... They moved the ball, made 1st downs and controlled the play.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

posted at 12/29/2009 12:33 PM EST

First: 3/2/2008
    Last: 12/29/2009
    In the#6 point you make. I hope BB goes out and gets a couple more Volmer's in the next draft. young agrressive linemen can shut down a d-line

I agree, although Volmer's don grow on trees....  He is 1st round talent... and was a steal in the 2nd round.

My first two picks next year:  Stud O/L and Stud Pass Rusher......  The rest of the team is balanced, just need to find a good 3rd W/R

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

They only had 2 drives in the second half.  The first, they scored, the second they ended the game by killing the clock.  This was a great performance, and Jacksonville is a good team.  The offense was playing like the 07 team but with a better run game.  I think the Pats defense has been suspect since 2006, but at least they are getting better now instead of just getting older.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from atz640. Show atz640's posts

I'm with ccsjl.  Where was the team during the second half?  In the first half they scored 28 points.  In the second they only scored 7.  It's been the tale of two halves all year long.  If it continues into '10, they'll have a short post season and be calling Dominos while watching the games they should be playing in.

I didn't watch the game so I didn't know that they only had two drives or whatever it was, but isn't that I little telling too?  The defense couldn't get off the field.  My tummy is uneasy with it to say the least.  I need Pepto or a solid second half performance.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Another negative (there weren't many) was Adios Thomas inability to block Garrard on Merriweathers INT.  What a pus, an NFL LBer that can't knock down a qb. That was a TD if had.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

Guys, the 2nd half was the best for the Pats all year........ They controlled the play.....and the clock...

Thomas Block on Garrard.... WELL THATS NIT-PICKING..... AD had a strong game......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I'm not nearly as agrravated with Chris Hanson this week as I usually am.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

posted at 12/29/2009 2:25 PM EST

First: 1/2/2007
    Last: 12/29/2009
    Great pluses from Sunday, no doubt. Also Edelman is emerging as a healthy #3 WR now since he's come back almost to 100%.  Neal playing is huge.  LIke the roll out play to Watson in the flat.   Maroney fumble was a negative for sure (even though it was a TD). Also, this team really needs a decent kick returner.  Slater is not doing well at all.

Good Point, I like Edleman as the 3rd receiver.....

The Negatives....albeit few
    a) Maroney's fumble
    b) Would like to see a little more Tight End Pass Distribution
    c) Kick Return Game needs a Boost
    d) Welker is getting pounded, how much more can he take?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

The second half was perfect football, the Jags can't win if there's no time left on the clock.  Here's how it went.

Pats 28-0 kick to Jags to start half.

1.  Jags 8:34 drive ends in Sanders INT in red zone

2.  Pats 6:32 drive ends in TD (Now 4QTR and impossible to come back-game over)

3.  Jags 2:13 drive ends in TD

4.  Pats 12:12 drive ends at JAX 5, the Pats didn't even try to score because the game was done :29 seconds left Jags get the ball 95 yards from the endzone and 28 points down.

Pats offense controls the ball 20:44 seconds in the second half and defense gets a red zone INT.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

I don't know about the rest of you guys but I expect we'll be seeing some new wrinkles in the offense come playoff time. As for the red zone improvement...that's what you get when you have a running threat. I'm still looking for the long ball but that could be a result of Brady's ribs still hurting.

Bottom line is no one but BB, the players and rest of the staff knows whether or not we're sandbagging plays for when we really need them in the playoffs.