positives going into next year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

positives going into next year

1. ridley and vereen were very productive this year and should only get better, not to mention they are only in their early 20's.

2. Brady had a very good season, even at 35. he may be able to play at an elite level for another three years.

3. the defense improved vastly during the season, and is very young.

4. gronk will be back and healthy next year, same with edelman.

5. chandler jones may be a legitimate pass rusher in this league and is going to get much better.

6. the pats should have a legitimate return man next year when jeff demps is healthy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wasecl. Show wasecl's posts

Re: positives going into next year

1. 10 other teams have young RBs that should only get better :)

2. He's older next year

3. What is impressive about the defense since the SB years? 

4. Gronk has been limited/out every playoff. 

5. May Be!

6. Blah blah blah

Stick to baseball redsoxfan94

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Demps will return punts and kicks and should play some at RB on 3rd down. He can fly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

6. the pats should have a legitimate return man next year when jeff demps is healthy.

Great call, they desperately need better return play.  the guys who watched the game with me were saying the same thing.  Can we get a decent return man??

Maybe Demps is that guy - if not - please acquire one!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to wasecl's comment:

2. He's older next year

5. May Be!

6. Blah blah blah

yea you're right. its awful to look at the positives on a team that made it to the afc championship game....how dare i! get over yourself troll.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

Great call, they desperately need better return play.  the guys who watched the game with me were saying the same thing.  Can we get a decent return man??

Maybe Demps is that guy - if not - please acquire one!

yea i like mccourty as a safety, but he is not a return man.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wasecl. Show wasecl's posts

2. He's older next year

5. May Be!

6. Blah blah blah

yea you're right. its awful to look at the positives on a team that made it to the afc championship game....how dare i! get over yourself troll.

I don't have a baseball pic and name. I care about the Pats and nothing else. You'll just troll off to your Red Sox and be happy as a lobotomized troglodyte as soon as spring training starts. I don't care about the "sport" of baseball.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Thanks for starting a positive thread. I was just reading through the panic threads which are sort of hilarious. Trade Brady, get rid of Welker, Bill should retire!!! Do these people want a 3-13 team next year! The Pats fan base is so spoiled it cracks me up. Maybe if they suffered through  the 1-15 and 2-14 seasons they would understand. It was a great season with some bad breaks at the end!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to jam757's comment:

Thanks for starting a positive thread. I was just reading through the panic threads which are sort of hilarious. Trade Brady, get rid of Welker, Bill should retire!!! Do these people want a 3-13 team next year! The Pats fan base is so spoiled it cracks me up. Maybe if they suffered through  the 1-15 and 2-14 seasons they would understand. It was a great season with some bad breaks at the end!!!!

Yeah, ignore these people. They are either trolls or pinkhat fans who act as though we are the Oakland Raiders. Most Pats fans aren't like that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Jake Ballard will be on the roster giving us 3 TE that can catch and run

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

If they resign Talib, I think the defense has a shot of being very good next season. 1 starter over 30 and Talib is the only starter thats a FA. They still need to draft another pass rusher and corner because if Dennard or Talib get hurt, the whole thing falls apart.

Brady has become a concern for me. He'll put up the regular season numbers, but he sucked again in the playoffs. He's failed to have back to back good post season games and has failed to throw more TD's than INTs in an AFC championship game since '04. He's played slightly better in Super Bowls, but has still failed to score over 17 points since '04. He's become just a great regular season/divisional round QB.

Also, how can you say Gronk and Edelman will be healthy next season? They could very well get hurt again. Never bothered predicting injuries because they're, well, unpredictable.

This team needs a new mental makeup. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to genaro008's comment:

wow i forgot about that guy....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

If they resign Talib, I think the defense has a shot of being very good next season. 1 starter over 30 and Talib is the only starter thats a FA. They still need to draft another pass rusher and corner because if Dennard or Talib get hurt, the whole thing falls apart.

Brady has become a concern for me. He'll put up the regular season numbers, but he sucked again in the playoffs. He's failed to have back to back good post season games and has failed to throw more TD's than INTs in an AFC championship game since '04. He's played slightly better in Super Bowls, but has still failed to score over 17 points since '04. He's become just a great regular season/divisional round QB.

Also, how can you say Gronk and Edelman will be healthy next season? They could very well get hurt again. Never bothered predicting injuries because they're, well, unpredictable.

This team needs a new mental makeup. 

you are right about the injuries. im no doctor, i just figure with a full offseason to recover, they should be ready to go come august/september.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wasecl. Show wasecl's posts

wow i forgot about that guy....

Gee...if it was the third string SS for the Sox you would know all the stats. Go post on the RedSox discussions.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

2. He's older next year

5. May Be!

6. Blah blah blah

I don't have a baseball pic and name. I care about the Pats and nothing else. You'll just troll off to your Red Sox and be happy as a lobotomized troglodyte as soon as spring training starts. I don't care about the "sport" of baseball.

why are you worried about my username? im a boston sports fan and i starter posting on the red sox forum before i posted here...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

you are clueless. ballard wad a waiver pick up by the pats and hasnt played for them yet..

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

wasecl what is your malfunction? You think to post you are limited to one sport only?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I did suffer through a 1 - 15 season.  With the Patriots.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

I did suffer through a 1 - 15 season.  With the Patriots.

Boy, do I remember those years.  Even the pseudo-glory days of Chuck Fairbanks and Plunkett.  

In a way, it would be a positive for this team to take a nosedive to 8-8 and out of the playoffs to stop the chest-thumping. 

The thing I like about how the NYG or PITT do things is they can miss the playoffs, roar back win a SB, miss the playoffs again, roar back win a SB.

This perennial Atlanta Braves of the NFL is starting to tire me out.

Well, I think you are right.  I didn't get th efeeling that this team was excited about the AFC championship this week.  The build up was terrible. 

Where is the fire and excitement?  they have lots of players who have never won a ring but they act like they are 3 time champions.

I think that is on the coach.  Sports is a funny business - but even great successful HoF coaches wear out their effectiveness.  the fact that BB had this team sleepwalk into an AFC championship is unacceptable.

Can anyone point to a single emotional play by a patriot today?  Remember when Bruschi would play? 

There is no emotion.  It is all business and it's on the coach.  they play football, an inherently emotional game, like a bunch of robots. 

then when they get slapped in the mouth the robot keeps saying "That. Does. Not. Compute."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I had to listen to home games on the radio as we never sold out much durring those years.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I had to listen to home games on the radio as we never sold out much durring those years.

I remember those days.

My first favorite player was Mack Heron.  Remember the great year he had - total yards (receiving, running, returning) record?

Only to be eclipsed by Greg Pruitt who used tear away jerseys all year to pump up his stats

Those were bad years but not the worst. 

That 1 -15 year was just brutal.   Poor Andre Tippett.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

good thing was I raked alot of leaves listening to Gill and Gino

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The #1 positive for next year is this team has enough talent on defense to DOMINATE - but they need a defensive coordinator who isn't named Bellicheck.

Sections
Shortcuts