Possible Gronk Idea

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Possible Gronk Idea

Very random thought here and it's really early to be thinking buttttt....

we all know Gronk hasnt been healthy is 3 straight playoffs. 

We all saw this year he can come in and immediately takeover a game.

so,

why not sit him out til week 12 ish. Limit him to red zone snaps til week 16. Then let him play a full week 17.

we are gonna win the division with or without him regardless. 

we could still get the bye without him too

i think this is a good idea because playoffs is when we need him, so sit him out and limit him til January

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Re: Possible Gronk Idea

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

so,

why not sit him out til week 12 ish. Limit him to red zone snaps til week 16. Then let him play a full week 17.

i think this is a good idea because playoffs is when we need him, so sit him out and limit him til January

random thoughts...

I thought about this too, will not be hard to do next year as he is recovering from a major issue but might be impractical for a normal year. Maybe just not send Gronk as much on streaking routes and across the middle until week 12-13..not perfect but reduces some risk.

Could also get the leauge to stop encouraging low hits.

If they can figure out how to do this add Kelly and  Vince (age)  and Talib (injury prone) to the list.

---

also

'we are gonna win the division with or without him regardless.' - like to rephrase this ,

'if they cannot win the division wihtout Gronk they won't be much of a playoff contender even with him. '

don't want to take winning the division for granted every year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

that is not the BB way of thinking, Gronk is going to have change his style of play if possible in order to survive in the league. Less high over the top seam routes that expose him to big hits and more quick underneath and outs so he can protect himself.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

Good idea, but I don't think BB would ever do it.  You play to win. If you're healthy enough, you play. There's also no guarantee that if you play him closer to playoffs - that he wouldn't get hurt anyway.

The other posts have good points too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

'we are gonna win the division with or without him regardless.' - like to rephrase this ,

'if they cannot win the division wihtout Gronk they won't be much of a playoff contender even with him. '

don't want to take winning the division for granted every year.

i am. It's happened almost every year since BB and TB. Odds are it's safe to say again. Or safe to say we will atleast make the playoffs 

if we don't win the division it would be pretty sad considering we have the GOATs 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

It's logical only if he restructures his contract to reflect the games played. Wont be done.

reality says bb will use all his chips to win games. Using Gronk gives this offense a booster shot in the arm and completely changes it. No way he sits. He has to learn to protect himself, maybe watch a little welker and Lloyd film.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Problem is, gronk is always gonna take hits like he did this year. DBs can't tackle a 260 dude running a 4.6-4.7 at them unless they gang tackle (which isn't always effective) or go low (Especially with the new headshot rules)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Problem is, gronk is always gonna take hits like he did this year. DBs can't tackle a 260 dude running a 4.6-4.7 at them unless they gang tackle (which isn't always effective) or go low (Especially with the new headshot rules)

Agree. It is what it is. You have to take the good with the bad, use him when he can play. However, this would be one of the contracts I would look to restructure. You can't pay Gronk what he is getting if he only gives you 6-8 games a year. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Bro, Gronk missed 6 games last season and was still injured by the time the playoffs rolled around. Injuries happen in the NFL, instead of worrying about how to baby Gronk, the Pats need to formulate a way to play offense without him.

Bring in a vet as his back-up, draft a guy or just learn to play a new style of offense. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Bro, Gronk missed 6 games last season and was still injured by the time the playoffs rolled around. Injuries happen in the NFL, instead of worrying about how to baby Gronk, the Pats need to formulate a way to play offense without him.

Bring in a vet as his back-up, draft a guy or just learn to play a new style of offense. 

that's what I'm saying though, we can learn and already have been effecitve w/o Gronk. So why not just limit him all year so we can finally see how we do with a healthy Gronk in the playoffs! I know its bizarre and will never happen but I think they should think about it. just use him in the red zone

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

They had one, but he killed somebody.

Imagine if we had the 2 guys we committed 80 million dollars to be the focal point of our offense. probably a lot less biching and moaning about how BB built the team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Imagine if we had the 2 guys we committed 80 million dollars to be the focal point of our offense. probably a lot less biching and moaning about how BB built the team.

I like to imagine but That isn't the point. 80m committed to 2 guys, 1 with injury history, 1 with a questionable background. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

so,

Not, no chance, ever going to happen. When Gronk is ready to play he will lineup in the TE position and will run  up through the seam to catch passes .

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

so,

Are we sure Gronk is going to come back from this injury as good as he was before it?  Personally, I think Gronk is a big question mark and we should be building a team that can win without him, because there's no guarantee he's going to be the same player when he comes back (whenever that will be) or that he will ever be able to stay healthy. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

I like to imagine but That isn't the point. 80m committed to 2 guys, 1 with injury history, 1 with a questionable background. 

80 mil? Isn't it 95? Gronk gets 54, the murderer gets 41 -ish. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

gronk is the best player on the team.  DONT FORGET THAT

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Are we sure Gronk is going to come back from this injury as good as he was before it?  Personally, I think Gronk is a big question mark and we should be building a team that can win without him, because there's no guarantee he's going to be the same player when he comes back

That's what people said after the ankle injury.  It's what people said after the broken arm and infections.  Gronk is young and a freak.  I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt personally.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

As for the OP I think this is a bad idea.  Gronk didn't get going back to 100% when he came back for a few weeks so sitting him until that far into the season seems like a bad idea.  Plus the locker room ramifications would be ridiculous.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Gronk's problem is not physical - it's mental.  The guy believes he's indestructable and is willing to place his life on the line (whether he knows it or not) to gain an extra yard.  I'm not suggesting the guy play like an undersized outside receiver; merely make some adjustments so that he doesn't leave himself exposed as he so often does. 

When he's healthy and on the field he's a forced to be reckoned with.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Gronk's problem is not physical - it's mental.  The guy believes he's indestructable and is willing to place his life on the line (whether he knows it or not) to gain an extra yard. 

Idk about that.  At least 2 of his 3 major injuries haven't been the result of fighting for extra yards.  I think the larger problem is that tackling is a lost art in the NFL and Gronk being so huge opens him up to dangerous hits.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

I'm sure Gronk has landed in reality now....he's sold his place in FLA and I'm sure he's working out everyday at one of his family's gyms...this injury has most likely changed that  young man's "I'll live forever" way of thinking...I sure hope it has for his sake...BB loves the way the guy plays when he's healthy, but good ol' BB is fairly bloodthirsty when it comes to money paid versus production...his sentimentality stops at the whirpool...can't make the club from the tub!...that's probably on BB's birth certificate.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I jokingly suggested they put gronk in bubble wrap for the last month of the season last year - turns out it wouldn't of mattered...didn't he get hurt in November? His injury problems are...well a problem.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

He's no different than any other TE once he catches the ball. We just need someone who can stay healthy. So far, Gronk looks fragile and with leg, back, arm surgeries, all when he is supposed to be his healthiest, he is not gonna get stronger. Lets hope he gets luckier.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

Gronk's problem is not physical - it's mental.  The guy believes he's indestructable and is willing to place his life on the line (whether he knows it or not) to gain an extra yard. 

Idk about that.  At least 2 of his 3 major injuries haven't been the result of fighting for extra yards.  I think the larger problem is that tackling is a lost art in the NFL and Gronk being so huge opens him up to dangerous hits.

I guess I'm still hung up on how exposed he was when he got nailed by Ward. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Are we sure Gronk is going to come back from this injury as good as he was before it?  Personally, I think Gronk is a big question mark and we should be building a team that can win without him, because there's no guarantee he's going to be the same player when he comes back

That's what people said after the ankle injury.  It's what people said after the broken arm and infections.  Gronk is young and a freak.  I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt personally.

I just think if you're building your team, you have to take into account that he may not be there for you.  Even if he does recover fully and never gets hurt again, his rehab schedule is likely to keep him off the field for a good part of the coming season.  He and DJ Williams are currently the only TEs on the roster (Hoomanawanui and Mulligan are free agents), so you need to do something at that position. Going into the season with Gronk as your best receiving option (the WRs are big question marks too) when he's likely not going to play for a good part of the season seems risky: you'd certainly be placing a very large bet on foot-fractured Dobson panning out and Gronk coming back early. 

Sections
Shortcuts