possible landing spots for vick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

possible landing spots for vick

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=4175491

I cant beleive clayton would even consider the pats bringing in vick.does he deserve to come back and play in the NFL?sure he did his time.they had something saying vick,and the spca are teaming up,and he is gonna talk to teens about how wrong it is to have dog-fighting.now its one thing to do this if you were a person who cares about animals,but in this case,he is only doing it so he can play foot-ball again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BXBoston. Show BXBoston's posts

Re: possible landing spots for vick

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=4175491 I cant beleive clayton would even consider the pats bringing in vick.does he deserve to come back and play in the NFL?sure he did his time,but it dosent mean animal lovers like myself has to agree on him playing again.they had something saying vick,and the spca are teaming up,and he is gonna talk to teens about how wrong it is to have dog-fighting.now its one thing to do this if you were a person who cares about animals,but in this case,he is only doing it so he can play foot-ball again.
    Posted by mosseffect43

Come on now the guy served his time and paid his debt already dead that topic. Yes he deserves a second chance just like majority of pro athletes who F up  and God forbid something happen to Brady I promise half of Pat nation would approve of this move. I doubt it happens but it is what it is. You never know

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from montrealhabs. Show montrealhabs's posts

Sorry guys but i would'nt never cope nor even imagine animals killers in pat's jersey. i know it is what it is but you don't touch childs and animals as far as i am!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

Too much of a distraction for the Pat"s. Every road game would be a circus. The media would start rehashing the spygate BS all over again. PETA would protest every game. The Pat's don't need this headache, let Al Davis or Jerry Jones deal with this sideshow.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

But aren't a lot of "fans" hung up on the "wildcat" Vick would be the perfect fit. 
    Don't care for him personally. And considering the "Pats" are no lnger considered the "good guys" Let's be the best of the "BAD". 
    headaches and distractions I think we can avoid. I would kinda be interested to see this happen. Lets give the NFL something else to complain about concerning the Pats.
    Either way, Patriots way, all day.  GO PATS. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I would never watch a Pats game again and i would sell my season tickets if they signed Vick, it wouldnt even be a hard choice to make. I am all for Vick getting a second chance, as long as it pertains to him getting a normal 9 to 5 job like the rest of us. Why should he be allowed to make more money then my father has ever seen in his life? if he a good person who derserves that money? No he is a scum bag. If he is allowed back into teh league it will have trickle down effects for years to come on teh young kids working their way up to the nfl. Roger Goodel is full of sh it if he lets this guy play again, it goes against everything tough guy goodel is sopossed to stand for. The question is possible landing spots for Vick? How about the bottom of a ditch or a empty grave?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from noahsark. Show noahsark's posts

Miami should sign him. Parcells is tough enough to take the media heat. Vick would be better as a running back anyway and occaisionally throwing a pass or two to White in their wildcat offense would make them a scary threat that's hard to cover. It might actually work...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgnielsen. Show sgnielsen's posts

I say sign him for cheap if he can still play. Some of the arguments I read are similar to the Moss comments 2 years ago. The Pats can manage through the nonsense that would follow the signing. Solid performance always silences critics.

Vick broke the law and he did his time. We are a forgiving society, let him move on. His crime is part of alot of inner city culture. Not that I'm saying it wasnt horrendous. In reality, How many wife beaters are suiting up every Sunday?........He would make the game interesting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The bottom line is that whether Vick deserves a second chance or not, he's not likely to be anything more than a gadget luxury if he returns to the league. He has not been and is not going to be an effective NFL quarterback. If you happen to be on that single-wing bandwagon, there are any number of versatile athletes available to take direct snaps and run misdirection that do not bring the public relations nightmare that Vick will bring. Another thing I notice (once again) is that there is absolutely no attribution in Mr. Peepers' story. This is all just scattergun conjecture on Clayton's part. He has no information and is just filling up space with "mights" and "maybes"

You know, it's kind of funny, when I was in journalism school (way back around the discovery of fire) attribution was hammered into our heads like a mantra. "Where did you get your information?" "Is your source credible?" "Why should I believe what you tell me?" Today, with a seemingly endless array of media outlets (thanks to the internet), we are seeing less and less actual journalism. Logic would seem to dictate that fierce competition for attention would necessitate better coverage and deeper analysis -- and yet the exact opposite has happened. We are endlessly inundated with "information" from the ever popular "unnamed source."

Hacks will tell you that they cannot reveal their sources or their pipeline would run dry. What that is is blogospeak for "everything I tell you comes directly off the top of my head." Go back and read the line where Clayton says an offhand remark (from him) caused the Raider brain trust to come out publicly against bringing Vick in. That is patently absurd. If Peepers thinks he can dictate team policy by dropping off-the-cuff remarks with no basis in reality, he is wildly overestimating his own importance. I miss the days when Sean Salisbury used to slap this guy around on a regular basis.

In any case, I seem to have gotten a little off message here. I kind of wish the whole Vick thing would just dry up and blow away. I tend to agree with killa's perspective. If you or I were convicted felons, we would have trouble getting a job stocking shelves at WalMart or flipping burgers at Jack in the Box. Now, I am of the opinion that Michael Vick would have trouble qualifying for those jobs on his own merits in any case -- but giving this guy a green light back into the league without some kind of additional league-mandated suspension and meaningful community service sends a disturbing message to the young people who look up to these athletes as role models (which is another discussion in itself). I have no problem with Vick getting a second chance, so long as the parameters governing his return are commensurate with the despicable nature of his particular crime.

Jeez . . .

that thing just kept gong.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joppi. Show joppi's posts

I understand people love dogs some kiss their dogs in the mouth treat them like humans beings and probably do more than that but I won't go there...... but like I said the dude paid his debt to society he DOES deserve another chance to play in the NFL its FOOTBALL what he does on the field has nothing to do with what he did off. Heck if Ray Lewis can beat a murder trial come back into the league win a Superbowl and be a force then why the heck can't Vick? Wonder how many people on here have pit bulls as family pets. People acting like he was fighting retrievers and yorkies.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Killa,  Lewis took a guilty plea of obstruction of justice.  

"Lewis's attorney arranged with prosecutors to dismiss the murder charges if Lewis pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice[18] in exchange for him testifying against Oakley and Sweeting. Lewis accepted the plea bargain and was sentenced to one year of probation. He was not suspended by the NFL but was fined US$250,000, a league record at the time."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

If the Pats don't sign him, they'll have to find another scandal that will allow for the proverbial chip on the shoulder causing them to go undefeated.  I mean, the Paparazzi shootout doesn't have any legs anymore.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsChowder. Show PatsChowder's posts

Just saw this thread jump to the top.. I'm working on deleting the one I started about this topic, lol.

My thoughts on New England being one of a handful of landing places for the ex-con: I don't think he should be banned from the league. He plead guilty and served his time. But, I don't want him anywhere near New England.

Plain and simple.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WoburnPaulie. Show WoburnPaulie's posts

joppi - you wrote "I understand people love dogs some kiss their dogs in the mouth treat them like humans beings..."

I have a dog and he is part of my family. My wife is handicapped and she got him as a companion while I'm away at work. We thought when we bought him as a puppy that he was full-blooded Shidzu but as he got older, and BIGGER, we noticed his ears were like a Cockerspanial's. We are now convinced our little boy is a rare breed known as a Shi# Coc# Wink.

Have some compassion for these animals, please joppi. They cry, wag their tails when their happy, and like to eat (oh God to they like to eat) just like we do. Anyone who would hurt them is flat out cold and heartless. Our dog/boy loves us as much as we love him.

I really want Michael Vick to move on with his life, and be a good father to his kids. I do not believe he deserves another chance however at the riches that the entertainment industry provides. He electrocuted dogs....he showed he "had" a cold heart. I hope he has found redemption and his heart has warmed up. But again, I do not want him back in the entertainment industry. Just my opinion and I know I have many who "feel" the same way.

By the way, my dog is 10 now and the day is nearing when he will leave my wife and I and I assure you, I will cry my eyes out when that day comes. He matters!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

But aren't a lot of "fans" hung up on the "wildcat" Vick would be the perfect fit.  Don't care for him personally. And considering the "Pats" are no lnger considered the "good guys" Let's be the best of the "BAD".  headaches and distractions I think we can avoid. I would kinda be interested to see this happen. Lets give the NFL something else to complain about concerning the Pats. Either way, Patriots way, all day.  GO PATS. 
    Posted by ASO9771
    why do we need a wildcat to compete?why not just design a gameplan to totally shut down the wild cat?if the coaching staff can teach the young guys to read the wildcat formations.they can be prepared for it,and shut it down.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

You mean the way they did in the second meeting with Miami last season?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

You mean the way they did in the second meeting with Miami last season?
    Posted by prairiemike
    exactly,usually when we play a team the second time around following a loss the first time.we usually win it.I dont think the pats need a wild cat gameplan to compete.instead just know how to recognize it,and defend it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

You can't compare Mike Vick to Ray Lewis or even habitual wife beaters.  This wasn't a one time event or an anger management issue.

He planned this torture and spent time and money preparing for ongoing scheduled events.  Dogs are as dependant upon us as children and he tortured them for HIS PLEASURE.

He has a right to play but any business management team that hires him to be a high profile public representative of their organization is making a huge mistake.  If Vick played for free that wouldn't offset the monetary damage to the team's brand.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I understand people love dogs some kiss their dogs in the mouth treat them like humans beings and probably do more than that but I won't go there...... but like I said the dude paid his debt to society he DOES deserve another chance to play in the NFL its FOOTBALL what he does on the field has nothing to do with what he did off. Heck if Ray Lewis can beat a murder trial come back into the league win a Superbowl and be a force then why the heck can't Vick? Wonder how many people on here have pit bulls as family pets. People acting like he was fighting retrievers and yorkies.
    Posted by joppi

Dog fighting rings such as Vick's are known to kidnap family pets of non-fighting breeds and use them for training.  In other words they feed them to their dogs.  It part of the total "fun" of their sport. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

There is no reason he should not get a chance to play again. People are being way too righteous. Dante Stallworth killed a guy, Plaixco Buress had a loaded weapon, Ray Lewis was at the seen of a murder these guys all did much worse. Sorry human life is more scared than a lousy dog.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I won't speculate whether Vick should or shouldn't be allowed back in the league. Personally, I'd say no if it was up to me. At the least I'd make him sit out for 09 and have to show that he has truly seen the error of his ways. I don't agree with the Ray Lewis comparison, simply being somewhere a crime happens is not in itself a crime. In any case, there is no way I would want him playing for my favorite team, let him go to Oakland or Dallas. I can't believe people here are wanting them to run the wildcat when they have Brady, Moss, and Welker! College "gimmick" plays are usually only successful on a temporary basis in the NFL. We all saw how ineffective it was for Miami later on in the season. As far as saying Vick's crimes are lesser than some of the others, I don't buy it. Guys like Stallworth and Little made a bad judgement, even the wife beaters were probably provoked in some way. Not that I approve of these guys, I think they should be banned as well. But Vick's crimes were premeditated, not accidents or crimes of passion. Some say they were "only dogs", but if it were my dog the bastid would have been alligator feed in the Congaree swamp!!! And Taz is right, this is a bad example for the younger generation, who believe you can do most anything as long as you have talent. I'd say at the least Vick should have to do a year of community service work, then donate 50% of his salary to the ASPCA if and when he's reinstated. I don't wish injury on any player, but a career ending one for him would indeed be poetic justice. Then once they find out he cannot play anymore I'd be glad to volunteer to electrocute or drown this moron!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Vick committed criminal and cowardly acts. 
    But even if he were the angel of mercy, we don't need him. We had no trouble scoring points last year without the world's best QB. We need people who can play defense.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Someone will take him.  I think that is the bottom line.  Given his transgression, I don't think there is a lot that he can't do, except for maybe running for president.  

For those who don't want to see him back, all you can do is hope that Goodell bans him.  Is there a clause in the by-laws that could legally allow Goodell to not reinstate him?  Or hope that an owner won't take him. 

For those who think he deserves the right to return, he will probably get his chance. Unfortunately for those who think that talent should not trump transgression, unless he can legally be banned, it usually does. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=4175491 I cant beleive clayton would even consider the pats bringing in vick.does he deserve to come back and play in the NFL?sure he did his time,but it dosent mean animal lovers like myself has to agree on him playing again.they had something saying vick,and the spca are teaming up,and he is gonna talk to teens about how wrong it is to have dog-fighting.now its one thing to do this if you were a person who cares about animals,but in this case,he is only doing it so he can play foot-ball again.
    Posted by mosseffect43

I doubt the Pats would sign him mainly because of Mrs. Kraft. If he would be helpful to building a winning team, Belichick wouldn't hesitate as long as he felt that Vick would fit into the team concept. But, BB isn't really one to worry about public perception. So that would rest on the Krafts who would either respond emotionally and say No or would work out the financial bottomline in the risk v. reward.

Personally, what Vick did was reprehensible. With that though, there is a very large opportunity for him to educate a culture that probably doesn't see dog fighting as reprehensible. My understanding is that a lot of people in the Southern states view dog fighting as a norm. With the attention Vick has brought to the issue, him being a spokesperson against it would prove to be very powerful.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Someone will take him.  I think that is the bottom line.  Given his transgression, I don't think there is a lot that he can't do, except for maybe running for president.   For those who don't want to see him back, all you can do is hope that Goodell bans him.  Is there a clause in the by-laws that could legally allow Goodell to not reinstate him?  Or hope that an owner won't take him.  For those who think he deserves the right to return, he will probably get his chance. Unfortunately for those who think that talent should not trump transgression, unless he can legally be banned, it usually does. 
    Posted by underdogg

He has an indefinite suspension from the league. It can continue as long as the commissioner sees fit. I say commissioner because it could extend past Goodell's term. 

St. Dungy, Patron Saint of Pharisaism, is advocating Vick's return, by the way.

Sections
Shortcuts