possible landing spots for vick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

Re: possible landing spots for vick

This is very much a George Carlin nimby situation. I think the (small?) majority of people will say that perhaps he 'should' be able to play again (as in, he served, we don't agree, but I don't think he's any better suited doing anything else), but no one is going to welcome him on their teams. Personally, I think the best fit is probably the Raiders, as they seem to pass the 'well, ok, that makes sense' test, e.g., you wouldn't likely boycott a game that involved your team versus the Raiders if Vick was playing for the Raiders... and given the Raiders current state, I'm not sure even Raiders fans would be all that opposed or surprised by this... Maybe the Browns for obvious unintentional humor.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Root it is a pure joy when you or one of your brethren call dungy self-righteous.  Would you like some cheese with that whine?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobo354. Show bobo354's posts

I think Cleveland should sign him, he would feel very comfortable with their dog pound

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

Sorry guys but i would'nt never cope nor even imagine animals killers in pat's jersey. i know it is what it is but you don't touch childs and animals as far as i am!
    Posted by montrealhabs

Damn straight! You're a good man and this says a lot about your character. Bravo!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

A landing spot?. How about here.....
    Posted by Harleyroadking111

Right on Harley!! The Patriots are no place for a piece of garbage like Vick. Garbage gets dumped in NJ (Jets), not New England! lol 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

joppi - you wrote "I understand people love dogs some kiss their dogs in the mouth treat them like humans beings..." I have a dog and he is part of my family. My wife is handicapped and she got him as a companion while I'm away at work. We thought when we bought him as a puppy that he was full-blooded Shidzu but as he got older, and BIGGER, we noticed his ears were like a Cockerspanial's. We are now convinced our little boy is a rare breed known as a Shi# Coc# . Have some compassion for these animals, please joppi. They cry, wag their tails when their happy, and like to eat (oh God to they like to eat) just like we do. Anyone who would hurt them is flat out cold and heartless. Our dog/boy loves us as much as we love him. I really want Michael Vick to move on with his life, and be a good father to his kids. I do not believe he deserves another chance however at the riches that the entertainment industry provides. He electrocuted dogs....he showed he "had" a cold heart. I hope he has found redemption and his heart has warmed up. But again, I do not want him back in the entertainment industry. Just my opinion and I know I have many who "feel" the same way. By the way, my dog is 10 now and the day is nearing when he will leave my wife and I and I assure you, I will cry my eyes out when that day comes. He matters!!
    Posted by WoburnPaulie

Paulie, you are so right. Only a cold-hearted, E-V-I-L, sick, twisted dirtbag could do what Vick did. I don't buy the 'ignorance' BS. Nope, his crocodile tears don't fool me for a moment. Leopards can't change their spots. As such, Vick is what he is and always will be...a vile, sorry excuse for a human being and a worthless punk. End of story.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gazzzmann. Show gazzzmann's posts

Comparing Michael Vick to Randy Moss is Idiotic!!!what did Moss "kILL"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

"There is no reason he should not get a chance to play again. People are being way too righteous. Dante Stallworth killed a guy, Plaixco Buress had a loaded weapon, Ray Lewis was at the seen of a murder these guys all did much worse. Sorry human life is more scared than a lousy dog."

Plaxico Burress had unregistered loaded weapon with him at a night club like a common thug = He should never play in the NFL again.

Dante Stallworth killed a guy = He should never play in the NFL ever again.

Rey Lewis was convicted of no crime! Being at the scene of a crime is not against the law, he was at a night club and someone got stabbed, so how does that reflect badly on him? Paul Peirce was at a night club and he got stabbed 9 times so should we consider him a bad player or a bad person for being in teh wrong place at teh wrong time? stupid just plain stupid that people still bring up Rey Lewis for something so stupid.

You are right human life is more importent then animal life but the point your not getting is none ofthe guys you used as examples deserve to play in the NFL. Plaxico Burres should be banned, Stallworth should be banned and Mike Vick should be banned! None of them deserve to play in the NFL. And that goes for Pac-Man Jone as well. If you want to be forgiving go right ahead but I dont want this types of player influenceing the next generation of players, the high school guys who watch these guys need to see that people like that dont make it in the NFL plain and simple.

Mike Vick didnt just do this one thing once or twice he funded a dog fighting company. He gave these horrible people the means to tourture animals for there own pleasure. They would rip out none fighting dogs teeth and duck tape their jaws shut and throw them in a pit with fighting dogs just for fun so their dogs could practice killing. they would kidnap a family pet and do this and you think this kind of person a person who addmited in court to persoanlly with his own hands drowning dogs who did not perform up to snub back in the NFL? f*ck that and f*ck him.

Convicts do deserve another chance a second chance if you will but ask anyone who has done time and they will tell you how hard it was to get work once they had been convicted of a crime. Thats part of the process, and you are just suggesting that we just let Vick back into the NFL like nothing ever happened, this guy should have to struggle with what he did just like every other ex con instead you are suggesting he be allowed to make millions of dollars! He will be out of debt in no time....like nothing happend. He will be sitting pretty like he never did anything wrong and you are ok with that? People like Vick have no place in the NFL, common thugs should not be allowed to play in the NFL. period, end of story. If Tom Brady did what Vick did i would be saying the same thing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I wouldn't call Dungy self-righteous, I'd call him hypocritical.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

"There is no reason he should not get a chance to play again. People are being way too righteous. Dante Stallworth killed a guy, Plaixco Buress had a loaded weapon, Ray Lewis was at the seen of a murder these guys all did much worse. Sorry human life is more scared than a lousy dog." Plaxico Burress had unregistered loaded weapon with him at a night club like a common thug = He should never play in the NFL again. Dante Stallworth killed a guy = He should never play in the NFL ever again. Rey Lewis was convicted of no crime! Being at the scene of a crime is not against the law, he was at a night club and someone got stabbed, so how does that reflect badly on him? Paul Peirce was at a night club and he got stabbed 9 times so should we consider him a bad player or a bad person for being in teh wrong place at teh wrong time? stupid just plain stupid that people still bring up Rey Lewis for something so stupid. You are right human life is more importent then animal life but the point your not getting is none ofthe guys you used as examples deserve to play in the NFL. Plaxico Burres should be banned, Stallworth should be banned and Mike Vick should be banned! None of them deserve to play in the NFL. And that goes for Pac-Man Jone as well. If you want to be forgiving go right ahead but I dont want this types of player influenceing the next generation of players, the high school guys who watch these guys need to see that people like that dont make it in the NFL plain and simple. Mike Vick didnt just do this one thing once or twice he funded a dog fighting company. He gave these horrible people the means to tourture animals for there own pleasure. They would rip out none fighting dogs teeth and duck tape their jaws shut and throw them in a pit with fighting dogs just for fun so their dogs could practice killing. they would kidnap a family pet and do this and you think this kind of person a person who addmited in court to persoanlly with his own hands drowning dogs who did not perform up to snub back in the NFL? f*ck that and f*ck him. Convicts do deserve another chance a second chance if you will but ask anyone who has done time and they will tell you how hard it was to get work once they had been convicted of a crime. Thats part of the process, and you are just suggesting that we just let Vick back into the NFL like nothing ever happened, this guy should have to struggle with what he did just like every other ex con instead you are suggesting he be allowed to make millions of dollars! He will be out of debt in no time....like nothing happend. He will be sitting pretty like he never did anything wrong and you are ok with that? People like Vick have no place in the NFL, common thugs should not be allowed to play in the NFL. period, end of story. If Tom Brady did what Vick did i would be saying the same thing.
    Posted by MVPkilla

You tell 'em MVP!!! Although I will say I do disagree with the arrogant stance that we humans have in believing we are 'more important' than any other species. But, that's a whole different can of worms. Sorry, I digress... 

Anyway, Scum like Vick, they don't deserve additional chances. He's had plenty already over the years. He knowingly did what he did and he did it repeatedly and unrepentently (until forced to 'reject' it as PR move by his lawyers).

As you put it so eloquently MVP...F* Michael Vick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Comparing Michael Vick to Randy Moss is Idiotic!!!what did Moss "kILL"

Comparing Vick with any of the other players that have been mentioned is apples to oranges, IMO. Even guys like Little and Stallworth (DUI manslaughter) were unintentional. Nobody can claim Vick did not intend to kill these poor animals! In the case of humans, that's the difference between first degree and second degree or manslaughter. First degree carries the death penalty (or life), guys like Stallworth will most likely serve 10 years or so. The only player I would compare Vick to is Ray Carruth, who was convicted of killing his girlfriend. Even though that is considered a worse crime because it was a person who was the victim (at least in the eyes of the law), it was still "intentional" death. The only way I could see fit for Vick to have a second chance in the NFL is if he were to do as Enoch suggested, and become a spokesperson against dogfighting, and council kids as to why it is not an acceptable behavior. One of my biggest problems with Vick is his seeming lack of remorse (other than being sorry he was caught). His statements sound like he's reading a cue card penned by his legal staff. Were he to show sincerity (and this would include donating a goodly portion of his salary) in such an endeavor I could see giving him another chance. But in any case in no way would I want to see him as a Patriot. Beside the fact that they don't need a player like him. I know a lot of people would say I'm being harsh, but I happen to like animals more than I like most people. I have 12 myself, and were anyone to harm one of them I would have no problem with smacking them around with a Louisville Slugger! I don't doubt he'll be reinstated at some point (and some team will surely sign him regardless of the publicity). But until he is sincere in his remorse and makes an effort to educate people who think this activity is acceptable, I will have no respect for him whatsoever.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

"I wouldn't call Dungy self-righteous, I'd call him hypocritical. "

I would call him a self-righteous hypocrite. Among other things.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

...One of my biggest problems with Vick is his seeming lack of remorse (other than being sorry he was caught). His statements sound like he's reading a cue card penned by his legal staff... I know a lot of people would say I'm being harsh, but I happen to like animals more than I like most people. I have 12 myself, and were anyone to harm one of them I would have no problem with smacking them around with a Louisville Slugger!
    Posted by bubthegrub2

Hey bub. You and me, we are cut from the same cloth my friend.

As others have touched on, I wonder how many would be so willing to give Vick another chance had his 'escapades' affected them directly.

What if the beloved pet of YOUR child was stolen and used as 'bait' for Vick's sick dog fighting ring? How would you feel then? That devoted and loving pet was ripped to shreds, ALIVE, and then tossed in the garbage? What would you tell your son or daughter? Would you tell them that this "man" deserves another chance as they look at you with tears of anguish streaming down their face? Have you ever WATCHED the horrifying videos of what goes on at these dog fights? Can you even conceive of the nightmarish life these dogs had to endure??

I mean this is like the sick s**t we used to hear that Saddam Hussein and his vile sons Uday & Qusay ENJOYED watching and particpating in, so what does that tell you! I will never, ever, ever comprehend how someone can watch an animal be tortured and abused and not FEEL anything but indifference.

No sir, this individual deserves NOTHING.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

"I wouldn't call Dungy self-righteous, I'd call him hypocritical. " I would call him a self-righteous hypocrite. Among other things.
    Posted by MVPkilla

I accept the correction.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I like animals more than I like most people, too.

But not as much as I like  a nice fruit salad.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

salad is good....

LoL

CT that was very well put. Some people due to their faith feel a need for forgiveness lucky for me i dont suffer from that problem and feel no need what so ever to forgive this P.O.S.

Dungy and his faith can forgive and forget all they want, they due so when it suits them thats what hypocrites do but i dont have that problem and feel no need to let Vick back into the NFL.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

I don't know that anyone who did the things he did 'deserves' a second chance at anything but I also don't believe it is within the NFL's authority to tell him he cannot come back, given that he has "paid his debt".  It is not like getting busted for drugs or getting drunk and getting in a fight, Vick demonstrated true Anti-Social Personality disorder kind of behavior.  I can forgive people for most things, Vick's acts were too disgusting for me to ever forgive him.  I hope he is re-instated and no one takes him, that would be the greatest Moral Justice.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

-- " I hope he is re-instated and no one takes him, that would be the greatest Moral Justice. " --

Don't be too surprised if that's exactly what happens, Calmy.

Vick had ample opportunity to develop his quarterbacking skills with the Falcons and never matured into anything more than a scatback who could connect on a deep ball once in a while. The public relations nightmare that signing Vick will entail makes a tidy excuse for teams to stay away from a guy that doesn't belong in the league -- not because he's a social deviant with deep, troubling moral issues -- but because, basically, he s*cks.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

M.V. = A spineless little fraction of a man.

Harley - Thanks buddy. :)
    MVP - Thanks to you too. :)
    Calmy - Well put. :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

This is a tough topic to discuss because folks are very passionate about the subject. However, i believe vick will certainly get another opportunity to play and there will be multiple teams that seek his services. He was a good young nfl qb before he went to jail and there will be interest in athletic ability if nothing else.

Now, there seems to be an absolute hatred directed toward vick for his actions. his actions were horrible and i am not a fan a dog fighting (and am a dog owner myself). However, there seems to be an acceptance of hunters who go out on weekends and kill an animal for sport (do not eat killed animal) and i cannot really see the difference between the two. The only difference would be that dogs have become our pets although true, that only makes it a cultural outrage more than an absolute moral outrage. If you're talking about innocent animals all innocent animals should be included.

nevertheless, i really hope vick doesn't become a pat and highly doubt the krafts would allow it--

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Are you f*cking kidding me CTpat? Do hunter tourture the animals they hunt? Do they kidnap house hold pets and feed them to wild animal for sport? do they let male animals r ape other female animals so they can get a real stud and hunt it? Do they rip out the teeth of the animals they hunt so they cant fight back? Do they duck tape a animals jaw shut and then put it in a fight with another animal? No they dont do any of those things, they hunt for sport and its 100% legel for them to hunt, is it legel to have dogfights? nope not any of the 50 states. Compearing hunting to what Vick is stupid.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

MVP,

Legal does not make something moral. If your argument is you should not torture and kill animals for sport i am in complete agreement. However, making a special loophole for hunters who hunt for sport and not food does not make logical sense. I agree the list of things vick did is horrible however, i struggle to understand the difference between that and the maiming and killing of animals for sport. Is it the torture element?If so, animals are maimed daily and then suffer unseen. Does the difference exist in the unseen part or the lack of specific intent? The fact is every sport hunter fully understands that there is an almost certainty that animals will suffer for their enjoyment.

further, there are all sorts of hunting retreats where animals are raised or captured with the sole intent of allowing humans to hunt them for there enjoyment. If the same actions were done to dogs there would be outrage!

again, you can have the legal high ground and distinguish vicks actions but the moral high ground would require all animal killing and torture to be included.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

You are sooooooo wrong! Do you even realize how many rules there are for hunters? Do you know that when killing a bear for example they aim for the spot on the back where the bullet will hit both long and sever the spine in one shot so the animal will suffer as little as possible. I am not a hunter so i am not telling people to go out and hunt but to put hunting in teh same light as dogfighting is re tarded. Hunters do not torture animals for fun! Its just that simple, yes they kill animals and yes im sure those animals suffer while they die but that is not the same as murdering a torturing animals, any animals not just dogs. It is not ok to rip teh teeth out of female dogs so they can be forced to breed without being able to defend them selves. that way the females wont bite the fighter dogs. Do hunters do that? I mean your common every day hunter? i dont think so. Mike Vick drowned dogs with his own two hands because they didnt do well in the fight, he didnt kill it quickly he effing drowned it how on earth is that the same as a guy sitting in a tree and shooting deer? Have you even seen the Mike Vick dogs? cause i have, the ones that were not put to sleep had to be slowly rehabilitated and their story was heart wrenching. Have you ever seen what happens to a dog that Vick would use for bait? He would take a normal loving dog who just wanted to be loved in return and he would duck tape his jaw shut and throw him a ring with a trained killing machiene and let the dog get riped apart. Those that didnt die were used over andover again as bait until they did die. What part of that sounds like something a hunter does ona weekend get away? Its nto teh same thing, not legally and not morally its just not the same no matter how you put it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The bullet will hit both lungs*** sorry for the typo

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

well, we both are fans of the patriots and believe that vicks actions were horrible. We disagree when it comes to the comparison between sport hunting and dog fighting. i respect your opinion and hope, and truly believe, vick will never end up a pat.

Sections
Shortcuts