possible landing spots for vick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

Re: possible landing spots for vick

well, we both are fans of the patriots and believe that vicks actions were horrible. We disagree when it comes to the comparison between sport hunting and dog fighting. i respect your opinion and hope, and truly believe, vick will never end up a pat.
    Posted by ctpat

Dude - CT. If you can look at this: http://www.crimerant.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/DOGFIGHT.JPG and call it the same as hunting, then I think you seriously misunderstand what hunting is all about. Now, I think if someone hunts they should eat the animal they kill - I do NOT support hunting for sport, but even that is nowhere remotely close to what Vick did to those dogs. And some of those poor animals lived a long time under constant abuse.

This is the only way I want to see MV on the field: http://media.photobucket.com/image/mike%20vick%20dogs/gfg_photos/Website%20Video/DOG.jpg

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

Dude - CT. If you can look at this: http://www.crimerant.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/DOGFIGHT.JPG and call it the same as hunting, then I think you seriously misunderstand what hunting is all about. Now, I think if someone hunts they should eat the animal they kill - I do NOT support hunting for sport, but even that is nowhere remotely close to what Vick did to those dogs. And some of those poor animals lived a long time under constant abuse. This is the only way I want to see MV on the field: http://media.photobucket.com/image/mike%20vick%20dogs/gfg_photos/Website%20Video/DOG.jpg
    Posted by timesedge

Times - LMAO! That Vick picture is BEAUTIFUL!! Perfect! Only thing that would make it better is if it were one of his dogs and it was BITING him. lol *snort* Sh*t, even that would be too good for Vick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

Okay boys n girls, let's post pics of our faithful friends as a rallying cry against the likes of Vick. No way do we want his vile soul in our town!

Here's a different pic of one of my boys...Tedi (yes, named after our Bruschi). And just for the hell of it, a pic of my and my S.O.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WoburnPaulie. Show WoburnPaulie's posts

CTlady aka "Laurie" you have a heart and a SOUL! MVP you too have both but I have to say on the subject of hunting which ctpat has intelligently posted on here, I can't stand that they actually have this shi# televised. And to take it a step further, one of my all time favorite musicians/rockers, Ted Nugent, likes to hunt with a bow and arrow. So freakin painful to even think about. I'm about to go off now and offend some people but I'll make no apologies. Hunters are macho clowns who probably love Nascar, the WWE, and going out of their way to hit a squirrel or cat that dares cross in front of the extended peni$ they call a vehicle. Hunters su@K because they have no compassion for the pain a fellow ANIMAL feels. Yes, we are "human", human ANIMALS! We are supposed to have compassion for fellow creatures that feel pain like we do. Going through life acting like you are "at the top of the food chain" just means you don't really care about anything now doesn't it? It means you lack integrity. You have no self-respect. You are Vick.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" does not just imply human to human interaction. Vick, in my opinion, forfeited his right to "entertain" us with his football skills when he tortured those dogs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

CTlady aka "Laurie" you have a heart and a SOUL! MVP you too have both but I have to say on the subject of hunting which ctpat has intelligently posted on here, I can't stand that they actually have this shi# televised. And to take it a step further, one of my all time favorite musicians/rockers, Ted Nugent, likes to hunt with a bow and arrow. So freakin painful to even think about. I'm about to go off now and offend some people but I'll make no apologies. Hunters are macho clowns who probably love Nascar, the WWE, and going out of their way to hit a squirrel or cat that dares cross in front of the extended peni$ they call a vehicle. Hunters su@K because they have no compassion for the pain a fellow ANIMAL feels. Yes, we are "human", human ANIMALS ! We are supposed to have compassion for fellow creatures that feel pain like we do. Going through life acting like you are "at the top of the food chain" just means you don't really care about anything now doesn't it? It means you lack integrity. You have no self-respect. You are Vick. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" does not just imply human to human interaction. Vick, in my opinion, forfeited his right to "entertain" us with his football skills when he tortured those dogs.
    Posted by WoburnPaulie

Paulie...you ROCK dude!!!! I'd kiss you if you were within my reach! lmao ;-) 

Seriously, all you guys who feel this way, you are AWESOME, AWESOME, REAL MEN.

Gandhi once said (and I'm doing this from memory so it may not be an exact quote), "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated". Nuff said.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Root it is a pure joy when you or one of your brethren call dungy self-righteous.  Would you like some cheese with that whine?
    Posted by underdogg

When did stating a fact become whining? And why do you take joy when Dungy's characcter flaws are pointed out? You make little sense.

You should probably sit down and watch a lot of those "The More You Know" spots from NBC because you don't seem to know much.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I think if you are going to hunt you should at least eat the animal, i have no problem with that. I agree with you Paulie to a certin extent, not all hunters are macho bozo's, you have to think of the wide rangeing group of people that hunt like the trackers and hunters that live in places like Alaska where hunting is a part of life, you hunt and you eat what you kill and there is nothing wrong with that. I do however agree that bozo's from teh city that can eat a steak ata  steak house but still drive up North to kill for sport are a ssholes. But there are people who hunt and have respect for teh animals they kill. The American Indians used hunting a right of passage for their young men who were becoming men. Its not all macho BS. But all and all I agree with Laurie you rock lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

Timesedge,

that picture only showed how bad dog fighting is, it does not show why sport hunting is different. I am sure there are pictures of horribly wounded animals that were a direct result of hunting. Would a posting of a deer or rabbit with half its face blown off some how counter-balance your argument? As far as me seriously misunderstanding what hunting is all about. Please tell me what it is all about? (we are talking about sport hunting, not hunting for food).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

You are sooooooo wrong! Do you even realize how many rules there are for hunters? Do you know that when killing a bear for example they aim for the spot on the back where the bullet will hit both long and sever the spine in one shot so the animal will suffer as little as possible. I am not a hunter so i am not telling people to go out and hunt but to put hunting in teh same light as dogfighting is re tarded. Hunters do not torture animals for fun! Its just that simple, yes they kill animals and yes im sure those animals suffer while they die but that is not the same as murdering a torturing animals, any animals not just dogs. It is not ok to rip teh teeth out of female dogs so they can be forced to breed without being able to defend them selves. that way the females wont bite the fighter dogs. Do hunters do that? I mean your common every day hunter? i dont think so. Mike Vick drowned dogs with his own two hands because they didnt do well in the fight, he didnt kill it quickly he effing drowned it how on earth is that the same as a guy sitting in a tree and shooting deer? Have you even seen the Mike Vick dogs? cause i have, the ones that were not put to sleep had to be slowly rehabilitated and their story was heart wrenching. Have you ever seen what happens to a dog that Vick would use for bait? He would take a normal loving dog who just wanted to be loved in return and he would duck tape his jaw shut and throw him a ring with a trained killing machiene and let the dog get riped apart. Those that didnt die were used over andover again as bait until they did die. What part of that sounds like something a hunter does ona weekend get away? Its nto teh same thing, not legally and not morally its just not the same no matter how you put it.
    Posted by MVPkilla

So, if Vick killed the dogs by shooting them "correctly" in the back, you would be OK with it?

What are your thoughts on people who breed and race horses for the sole purpose of making money through gambling on them?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

No one is saying sport hunting is ok or good we are just saying it is by no means even remotly close to what Vick did. Its not even in teh same league as what Vick did. Vick not only did what he did for his own pleasure but he funded an entire company so he could make blood money off of it. It was a twisted enterprize and he would STILL BE DOING IT TODAY IF HE HAD NOT BEEN COUGHT! He is not a good person who made one bad mistake he is a f*cking animal and has no right at all to play in the NFL. I cant stress enough how bad it is what he did, he didnt just kill dogs he tortured them over and over again until they could no longer perform and then he killed them in a brutal way with his own two hands. He didnt shoot a dog in the face for sport he enjoyed getting his jollys watching people torture dogs. If you put me in a room with Vick for 5 minutes i would beat him to death. And even that would compear to what he did to these dogs, he tortured them over and over again for as long as he could. Hunters dont do that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I dont watch nor do i condone horse racing or dog racing. I also dont like the circus for what they do to their animals. do i pass the test? seriously are you really sitting here defending Vick? No it wouldnt have been ok to shoot a dog in teh back of the head where did i say that? All I was saying is that even hunters try to make it as painless as possible as a way to show exactly how different the two are. Vick didnt try and make it painless for these dogs, given he shouldnt have been doing it at all but all i was trying to do is make the point that hunting is not the same as what Vick did.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WoburnPaulie. Show WoburnPaulie's posts

Thanks MVP, I needed to be reigned in a bit I agree. I knew I was going off a bit there; painting with a borad brush. My bad. The American Indian example is a great one. I know the "hunting for need" as opposed to "sport" concept but I feel like such a danmed hypocrite. I mean, I'm not a vegetarian, I mean I love a good chesse burger man, but to be really true to my "crusade" here, for lack of a better term, shouldn't I be?

I was raised a Christina and I still believe in all that Jesus stands for, but I find myself thinking; "Why are there tornadoes? Well, this perfectly created system we call Erath has a self-cleaning mechanism and this storm was "realized/created" to sweep the surface clean because too much weight on the surface is prbably not in the best interest of its survival. But that flies in the face of my religious belief to the extent that the tornado was created to make no distinction between a cow or a man. I think we can all agree that whomever/whatever created this perfect system knew that man would eventually exist and would have all the feelings that we have, so why create a windstorm to wipe us out as if we were excess baggage? I've come to the conclusion, the only conclusion really, that it is not we who are the most important things, it is the planet itself. It is the main character in this galaxy of ours. It is the greatest creation. Not us. Our egos make us think we are but we are just here to maintain it. And at that we are failing. Wow!  I just went on a freaky rant...I vented...and it felt goooood. You're a good man MVP, and you to cpat. But our leader is clearly CT lady aka "Laurie" Smile

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

No one is saying sport hunting is ok or good we are just saying it is by no means even remotly close to what Vick did. Its not even in teh same league as what Vick did. Vick not only did what he did for his own pleasure but he funded an entire company so he could make blood money off of it. It was a twisted enterprize and he would STILL BE DOING IT TODAY IF HE HAD NOT BEEN COUGHT! He is not a good person who made one bad mistake he is a f*cking animal and has no right at all to play in the NFL. I cant stress enough how bad it is what he did, he didnt just kill dogs he tortured them over and over again until they could no longer perform and then he killed them in a brutal way with his own two hands. He didnt shoot a dog in the face for sport he enjoyed getting his jollys watching people torture dogs. If you put me in a room with Vick for 5 minutes i would beat him to death. And even that would compear to what he did to these dogs, he tortured them over and over again for as long as he could. Hunters dont do that.
    Posted by MVPkilla

The whole interesting aspect to this fiasco is that the same people that said he should be punished (eg: media pundits ) severely are now openly discussing his reinstatement and eventual return to the NFL. So he did his time, let him get back to playing football. Never,ind that in the real if I  am convicted of the same crimes I become a pariah and probably an unemployed (for a long time) pariah. People appeal to the sympathetic notion of dogs being maimed and killed and forget that the purpose of this was competitive entertainment and (guess) FOR PROFIT. He gambled while dogs got slaughtered. That ain't exactly hunting and sure as hell ain't gathering. The odd thing is that he could be reinstated despite his crimes, and yet had he bet on NFL  football he would be banned for life(?). I said all this when the story broke and my opinion hasn't changed. The ban should remain indefinite and  lack of quality NFL QBs should play no factor in his reinstatement. Sadly, I believe he will be reinstated.....some team is willing to take a huge PR risk who knows maybe Mike has that "Raiders Mentality". With Pats.....no way ....and he's not even that good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Hannah you make some really good points, if he had been betting on football he would be banned for life but betting on dogfighting in a dogfighting ring he payed for is ok by the league right? Goodel is a joke if he lets him play.

I also agree its funny how many of teh talking heads that called for his head when he did this and said how he had to be punished all that are now the same people fighting for him to get back in. thats because if they had taken his side at the time they and their networks would have been slammed for doing so but now that its cool to 'forgive and forget" they are all about it, give me a break. Listen Vick should be allowed to make money like the rest of us but like all ex cons he should have to struggle to find his way, why should he get a break? Does the NFL hand out million dollars contracts to all ex cons? nope. If I did what Vick did I would ber looking for work ten years from now still unable to hold down a job but Vick should be allowed to make more money then i will ever see in a lifetime? i dont think so.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

MVP,

would it make a difference if under the heading "torturing and killing innocent animals" you could include both vick and sport hunters. However, within that heading there was a hierachy of horribleness and vick ranks higher?

by the way, the is a whole gaming industry that profits from the killing of animals. the simple fact is, we love dogs, and it seems terrible to do this to our beloved dogs, members of our family. that's fine, but it is also selfish in the sense that we give dogs life higher value due to its relationship with us. Because quail, squirrels and deer are not mans best friend there life has less value.

there are people who are considered great outdoorsmen, salt of the earth, who earn a living allowing hunters to come to there property and hunt their captured and released animals. If you new of a man that collected stray dogs and did the same thing you would be outraged. The difference is your experience with dogs versus wild animals.

I do agree that most sport hunters do not "want" the animal to suffer, but they do "know" the animal will suffer and simply place a higher value on there entertainment versus the animals suffering.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WoburnPaulie. Show WoburnPaulie's posts

Clearly I've exceeded my quota of Budweisers and I need to proof-read my posts - "I was raised a Christina"???  Let's go with Christian. Anyway, I veered off into some kind of life philosphy rant that I guess an emotional topic like this can make one do, but seriously, I need to tone it down a notch. We are mixing reality life with fantasy life when we attempt to combine sports with our love of our pets. That is like mixing wine with tequila...tequila? "Tequila a Mockingbird"? No, "To Kill a Mockingbird"... that's the one...Great movie from my youth! Read the book cause I think it's relevant to this whole discussion. But even better, rent the movie with Gregory Peck cause it is an American treasure!!!  Alright, It's coffee time for me. Go Sox!!! SWEEEP!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Again no one is saying sport hunter are right, no one said that all we said is its not the same thing and its not. Of course i would be outraged if a man was collecting dogs and letting people hunt them i would be a liar if i said different but i can say that this is also not the same thing, hunting is not the same as torturing dogs for fun. Even if someone was hunting a dogs as wrong as it would be at least the dog would die fast. Vick tortured these dogs until he couldnt anymore and then he killed them. You dont seem to understand, we agree that killing animals for fun in general is sick and twisted we agree about that the problem we are having is that you dont seem to get that what Vick was doing to these dogs was worse then death. He didnt just murder these dogs he killed them slowly and in the mean time he turned them into killing machines for his own plesure. he didnt shoot them and mount them on a wall he pretty much did whatever he wanted to these dogs. What he did to these animals is worse then death and thats what makes it different then hunting. Sure hunting hurts the animal but once its dead its dead Vick was keeping these dogs alive so that he could continue to torture them and then once they could handle it anymore he killed them slowly.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Stick with the Bud, Paulie.

I've always felt that what this forum needs is a little more free association.

And what's wrong with being raised a Christina?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THAT RIGHT THERE ISA FUNNY STUFF PMIKE LOL

NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING RAISED A CHRISTINA AS LONG AS YOU TURN OUT LOOKING LIKE THAT LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I dont think there is anything wrong with hunting,as long as its for food.when its just done for sport i dont care for it.and a smart hunter dosent kill more then he needs,or does he kill female animals.its the yahoo,s that are out there shooting up everything they can,because they are bored.they are the ones who give true hunters a bad name.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WoburnPaulie. Show WoburnPaulie's posts

Thanks for the laugh PMike...I have no choice but to stick with he Bud, it has its glorius hooks in me (unfortunately, the cigs go with it and their hooks suc#!).

I've made up my mind thanks to your encouragement....It's Christina all the way. I'm off to Zayers to get that fine fitting white tank top. Zayers? I'm dating myself huh? Oh well, I am a gorgeous Christina so who better to date now right Wink

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I dont watch nor do i condone horse racing or dog racing. I also dont like the circus for what they do to their animals. do i pass the test? seriously are you really sitting here defending Vick? No it wouldnt have been ok to shoot a dog in teh back of the head where did i say that? All I was saying is that even hunters try to make it as painless as possible as a way to show exactly how different the two are. Vick didnt try and make it painless for these dogs, given he shouldnt have been doing it at all but all i was trying to do is make the point that hunting is not the same as what Vick did.
    Posted by MVPkilla

It wasn't a test.

You said something to the effect of bear hunter's shooting for the spine to minimize pain for the animal. My point was to challenge the thought that killing an animal while hunting was OK and I did this by comapring it to killing a dog"humanely". I happen to think that anyone who does it for a trophy needs to be put away. It is simply killing for the sake of killing and to my eyes it isn't justifiable.

I happen to think what Vick did was reprehensible. I also don't think that it should necessarily bar him from playing in the NFL or holding a construction job or working the counter at Baskin-Robbins. He engaged, as you said, in an ongoing criminal venture and it can't be misrepresented as a "mistake" or an "error in judgment" especially when he had intent and also because he seemed to enjoy it. If he had done it to my pet, I would surely want him dead.

But, that doesn't mean a man can't learn and that he shouldn't be given the opportunity to show that he has. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Hannah you make some really good points, if he had been betting on football he would be banned for life but betting on dogfighting in a dogfighting ring he payed for is ok by the league right? Goodel is a joke if he lets him play. I also agree its funny how many of teh talking heads that called for his head when he did this and said how he had to be punished all that are now the same people fighting for him to get back in. thats because if they had taken his side at the time they and their networks would have been slammed for doing so but now that its cool to 'forgive and forget" they are all about it, give me a break. Listen Vick should be allowed to make money like the rest of us but like all ex cons he should have to struggle to find his way, why should he get a break? Does the NFL hand out million dollars contracts to all ex cons? nope. If I did what Vick did I would ber looking for work ten years from now still unable to hold down a job but Vick should be allowed to make more money then i will ever see in a lifetime? i dont think so.
    Posted by MVPkilla

Different things entirely. Betting on your own games destroys the integrity of the game itself. One who does that shouldn't be a part of the game. Committing a crime outside of the game isn't the same thing. If a lawyer kills someone while driving drunk, he doesn't lose his license to practice law.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

As much as I have enjoyed this conversation I have a 4 day weekend starting today so i am heading home. I will check in via home which i never do simply because this thread has been a very good debate. keep it up guys this is a good topic. Let me end with this, no matter teh argument Vick is a scumbag and has no place in the NFL. have a great weekend everyone.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Before we discovered agriculture, hunting was necessary. Like a lot of other ghoulish human traditions which I will mercifully omit, hunting has hung around and has been a source of amusement and an opportunity for real men to experience the thrill of killing something bigger than a mosquito. Whenever confronted with an uninformed crackpot like me, hunters will justify their activity with the usual "they're going to starve if I don't kill them" or "it's legal" or "grandpa did it and I love grandpa". We also slaughter thousands of animals every day in farms and meat factories. Nobody complains about that since they're not even considered animals. Hunting should be banned. If for no other reason than the number of hunters who get shot because someone mistook them for Thumper. 

Sections
Shortcuts