possible landing spots for vick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pattidan. Show Pattidan's posts

Re: possible landing spots for vick

How about the Allenville Penitentiary Team on the 2011 version on The Longest Yard. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I have hunted in my time.for food only.turkey during the holidays,quail ect.but not the way harley was describeing.it was all in the wild,and by chance.I only took what i needed,and what i took never suffered.if it wasnt a sure shot,i didnt take it.if everyone looked into the proccessing plants we have today,and how the food is handled.diseases,and everything else.you would have to wonder what is safe,or humane.food we get out of the grocery stores have so many by-products,or hormones in them.its scary veggies,and fruits are grown from hot boxes instead of the ground,and they have no taste to them,or not as good as the ones out of a garden,or feild.again i dont beleive in dog fighting,or do i agree with dogs being used in hunting game,but if its for food only,i cant go against hunting.i may not hunt deer,or bigger game,for i dont have the heart to,but the bird species i have.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

possible landing spots for vick

....this is a no brainer

.....Oakland after Russell is officially a bust, he'll get signed mid-season, ride the pine, then, start next year   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Jbolt, You could be right. Once again Al Davis will fall in love with a player's atheleticism. And he already has that Raiders "outcast" of the NFL look down pat.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]Jbolt, You could be right. Once again Al Davis will fall in love with a player's atheleticism. And he already has that Raiders "outcast" of the NFL look down pat.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]
    He might end in Detroit in 2 years, post Culpepper. Oakland is my #1 though, to be sure.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

[QUOTE] I'm hunter hater and I'm not afraid to say it. Here in VT it's turkey season were hunters use shotguns against birds that come right out in the open, feed from bird feeders, and stand in the fields. What really turns my stomach is hunters planting deer food aptly named rapeseed just a few yards from their deer stands....real he-men.  Laurie you mention circle of life....sounds very Wiccan which is a good thing
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]

Well Harley...I'm not Wiccan but I have been called a "witch" a time or two before. lmao ;-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

[QUOTE]Those type of people don't like a fair fight. I can't see the senseless killing, though. I'd rather have a photo of the animal in the wild, running free than have a dead head on my wall! And those who do hunt just to get a woody as you suggest have probably not got much in the first place, and nowhere to put it, either! I was trying to attach pictures of my "herd", but it won't let me do it! I've done it earlier, I don't know what is wrong with this d*** board!
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

Well Bub, feel free to email me some pics of your "kids". :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect81. Show mosseffect81's posts

Dont know what this thread is about.vick,or hunting.as for vick.he did his time,and has talent to still play.as for hunting to each there own.im sure there is something here that everyone does that isnt ok to others.I wonder how many products we use,has some kind of animal in it,or certain clothes we wear.that leather wallet,or purse.I wonder how many animals are hunted,or butchered for dog food?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

I laughed at some idiotic and ridiculous material posted for this blog.  Makes me wonder if I even want to be a Patriots fan at times.  Lets talk football and forget the rest of your opinions on hunting, dogfights etc...

Mike Vick was the MOST ATHLETIC PLAYER on the field, every time he suited up. You can teach someone where to be, and what to do, but you can't teach speed or instincts.  He was simply in the wrong system.  Many people will have a problem seeing him back on the field.  Deal with it.  He'll be back, likely in 2010.  Teams will be more interested after he has some time to get in "NFL shape" again.  I will guarantee you that any team that suits up against him, will be fearing him.  He will end up in a "Wildcat" style system, and he'll be dangerous.

Bottom line... Vick got into some stupid stuff, he paid the price.  This is America, do the crime, do the time.  Yeah, he was an idiot.  He will likely do whatever it takes to get back into football.  Why wouldn't he?  Hopefully, we'll all be suprised with Vick's future.  After all, he has a chance to truly turn his career around, and shine a better light on a tarnished career. 

My top 4 possible teams for Vick....

1) Denver - McDaniels comes from Belichick's school of versatility, missed Cassel.
    2) New England - Appreciate versatility, have veteran leadership, need a backup.
    3) Minnesota - Dome team, Wildcat with Peterson/Vick, unstoppable.
    4) Carolina - Fans have had it with Delhomme, would love Vick on their side.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

And speaking of idiotic . . .

What I hear when someone says Michael Vick was in "the wrong system" is that he's not an NFL quarterback, and that is correct. The single wing is a cutesy gimmick offense that might be useful for a handful of plays a game, but any team that bases its offense on that sandlot bullsh!t is going to look the way Miami looked once good teams (like the Pats and the Ravens) recognized the formations and schemed to stop them. There is surely a dearth of quality quarterbacks in the league, and you can rest assured some desperate franchise will take a flier on Vick next year if he gets in shape, and that's fine. Everybody deserves a second chance. But the NFL is a passing league, and while putting a running back at quarterback is quirky and can be effective against certain defenses -- no team is going deep in the playoffs running the single wing.

Nice call on the Vikings,though. That's just what we need up here -- another quarterback who can't read defenses, check down, or throw.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

I totally agree that the NFL is indeed a passing league.  However, with the influx of college teams running the spread offense, one has to expect more athletic and faster quarterbacks to start in "enhanced" systems.  The Dolphins seem to have opened a small door to more complex offensive schemes.  Especially, if an "athletic" QB is your #2 or #3.  Not every team is going to have a top teir QB, but they might be more of a threat with a combination of a mid-grade passing QB like Chad Pennington or Derek Anderson, and a speedster like a Pat White or Michael Vick. I see the Dolphins being a huge pain in the as$ this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LenDaleUSC06. Show LenDaleUSC06's posts

John Clayton is always off-his rocker.  He's a Colts homer & that's all.  Vick did his criminal sentence, but he still hasn't served his time to the NFL.  The 2 yrs away in prison were for his abuse(r@pe)/killing of dogs, gambling, & whatever else by a court of law not the NFL.  The sentence for the disgrace that Vick has caused the NFL @ least deserves a 1 yr. suspension.  Everyone thinks that his sentence to prison should be considered con-current to his NFL suspension, but it shouldn't work like that.  I thought real-suspensions were when a player who is healthy is forced to sit out & lose his salary.  Why should someone who is a convicted felon just get "the right" to just push his way back into the business he previously was in.  Our society does grant 2nd chances, but their are 3 types of things that you just can't abuse in this world & they are 1. Senior Citizens 2. Young Children 3. Animals.  The following positions in our society don't get their prev. jobs back if they did something this heinous that Vick did: Doctors can't practice, lawyers can't pract. law, pharmacists can't fill prescriptions, finiancial advisors can't advise, President of the US couldn't have done this, Senators, House Members, probably CEO's, etc... Yet some how we should just willy nilly give this guy a chance b/c all he has going for him is he is an athlete & that's all he can do.  I'm sorry, but I don't have a lot of sympathy for him he had everything Millions of dollars & now supposedly he is penniless & b/c we are a forgiving nation just open the door & let this guy back in b/c he says he is sorry.  Another tool in all of this is the Humane Society who Vick plans to team with.  Don’t they realize that if Vick wouldn’t help the Fed. Govt. shut down dog-fighting enterprises across the US, why now does he want to do public service announcements saying no to dog-fighting.  Everyone who is rational can see right through this patronizing act that Vick has been put on by his lawyer is phony & anyone that was dog-fighting isn’t going to suddenly.. scratch their heads & say oh wait Michael Vick (My Hero) says stop so I will b/c he said so.  That isn’t going to happen this is a lucrative business even though as it was made to look Vick wasn’t very successful @ it.  I believe the govt. played their cards on the plea-bargain to early & should have went after Tax-Evasion charges alongside of RICO charges as well for running a criminal enterprise.  I just thought Vick should have gotten @ minimal 1 month for every abused or dead dog found on his property.  Michael also has a brother (Marcus) who couldn’t keep his self out of trouble so it isn’t like Michael is the only rogue member of the family.  The best treatment by the NFL would be 1 yr. suspension & then petition after that yr. his reinstatement.  If Mike can’t show how contrite his is in 1 yr. then he doesn’t need to be back in the NFL.  Michael Vick should do what most everyone who is a felon has to do for the rest of their lives & that is hard-labor digging ditches, construction, janitorial serv. etc.. Plus, the NFL will have to spend more money on security where-ever he would go on NFL business whether that is @ Pract. Facilities, Media Sessions, Home Games, Away Games, & all the protestors that would be involved w/whatever team he would sign with.  Vick reminds me a lot of Vince Young, & JaMarcus Russell as QB’s that just don’t get it.  Hard work in = Success on the field.  As it is it seems that they are all caught up in their celebrity-esque persona & not about being great on the field.  Their talent has gotten them to the NFL & they never had to work before b/c offenses & coaches pandered to them all throughout the process & they don’t know how to do anything to make themselves better.  It just seems that the athletic-run oriented QB can’t ever make it in the NFL for many seasons.  McNabb started as a Running-QB & quickly realized that if he wanted to stay in the NFL he had to limit his runs & stay in the pocket, which has helped him stay healthy.  And, the list goes for white QB’s as well: Matt Leinart, Joey Harrington, Alex Smith, Kyle Boller, Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch among many others as well.   And, to all those who compare dog-fighting/cock-fighting to sport-hunting....Do you eat the dog meat when your dog is mutilated, do you eat the chicken, do you eat the hog who was put in the pen as fodder for the dog to practice his skills on?? 

Even though Charles Barkley said it best that athletes shouldn’t be role models, they are.  An young kids, teens & young adults idiolize these stars, some of these folks don’t have father figures & they aspire to be just like these stars & who would want their kid to grow up to be a savage like Vick, b/c most serial killers started w/pets when they were younger??  Also, Vick as a black star projects a bad image to blacks b/c he epitomizes what is wrong w/athletes in sports (along w/all the roid-ers in all diff. sports) & entertainment.   If everyone sees rappers, drug-dealers, dog-fighters as great folks how can anyone expect them to aspire to greatness when all the see through the media is what is bad & not good.

Clarification for all no-hunters... Hunting is a sport & as long as you eat or give away your meat to someone who can use it it is a sport.  But, if you just let it sit in the field or the woods that is what is called killing & is not the sport of hunting. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I think he'll end up in Miami they are going enhance their hybrid offense that they called a Wildcat Offense and impliment a double reverse with P.White running the front end of what is the present Wildcat and with Vick running the back end and they'll call that one the Jailbird Offense the other name for it was going to be called the PitBull Offense but the Phins were afraid it might upset the PETA people,what with their name Dolphins,their present gadget Offense being called the WildCat so the only safe name left was the JailBird....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MW72. Show MW72's posts

I could care less one way or the other if he is a Patriot or not. However I believe he served more than enough time behind bars. I believe he has paid his debt to society. To say Dontae Stallworth made one bad decision. Do you seriously believe that was the first time he ever drove drunk. Ray Lewis was not in the wrong place at the wrong time. He associates with those people that were responsible for that murder. When it comes down to it these were dogs. The act was horrible, but not unforgiveable. Human life is far more important than that of an animals. I think that is what is wrong with our society today. Our values are screwed up. Now if it was cat fighting instead of dogs he should have got life without parole... Just joking.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottsquared. Show scottsquared's posts

He did his time?  Laughable.  How about the fact that animal abusers are highly likely recidivists and likely to step up their abuses to include people next. 

Vick is not and will not be forgiven for his atrocities.  Let him go flip burgers or change tires for a living.  I find it outrageous that any NFL team would even consider hiring this miscreant. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

"Let him go flip burgers" 

This is by far the most ignorant statement, that I have ever read, from a supposed animal lover. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

"And, to all those who compare dog-fighting/cock-fighting to sport-hunting....Do you eat the dog meat when your dog is mutilated, do you eat the chicken, do you eat the hog who was put in the pen as fodder for the dog to practice his skills on??"

Lendale,

Over and over again it has been said the camparaison is between dog fighting and those who hunt for pleasure NOT FOR FOOD!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fgb7. Show fgb7's posts

come on people.................give him a chance to redeem himself.  vick was absolutely wrong for what he did; but, he has paid his debt back to the community by going to jail for 2 yrs and losing milions of dollars (over 100 mil).  When will it be enough???  We have forgave and accepted people back into sports that have done worst things than Vick (ummmm RAY LEWIS--MURDER, DONTE STALLWORTH --VEHICULAR HOMMICIDE, BRANDON MARSHALL--- REPEATED WOMAN BEATER AND INSTIGATED DEATH OF DARRENT WILLIAMS, etc).  Those above mentioned individuals have been responsible of inflicting harm or have played a role in the death of HUMANS--NOT DOGS; which I find worst.  Also, I think Vick would be an excellent backup to Brady.  Looking at some quarterbacks in the league right now, Vick could easily be a starter.  He was a good quarterback; he just never had talent arouind him because he was a running quarterback (please note that the falcons lead the lead in dropped passes the last year Vick played and I also believe that year they established a record for the most dropped passes).  he would flourish in our (the patriots system).  i think right now, he is hungry.  he will be focused and stay out of trouvble because he needs to next big contract.  i think he is a bargain right now...............and teams should be in line to pick him up

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

We don't have to forgive or support him. If he ends up playing for the Niners, Giants or one of the 29 other teams that doesn't include the Patriots, fine. There is no place for Vick on the Patriots ever.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LenDaleUSC06. Show LenDaleUSC06's posts

It would be funny for him to land in San Francisco of all places where the PETA folks & other crazies are located.  Imgaine 10 or 15K strong boycotting outside the 49'ers stadium agnst the 49'ers.  But, as KG has said "ANYTHING IS POSSSSSSSSSIIBLE," on where Vick lands?? One question is can or could he ever travel outside the US as a felon like to play football in Canada or if the NFL team he plays for has to cross the pond to London?? 

I just hope he feels what it is like for everyone else who is a felon & that is you are probably flipping-hamburgers, changing tires, or GOD forbid selling drugs??

What NFL teams might even have a spot for him:
    49'ers
    Vikings (Oops that's where B.Favre is going)
    Bears (Nope they have their own drama queen already in Cutler)
    Raiders (Never say never)
    Bucs (Probably not w/Josh Freeman & B. Leftwich there)
    Bengals (hmmm.... possibility b/c outside of the Raiders that's where all the jailbirds go to)
    Redskins (They don't have much faith as evidenced in all the QB speculat. in the offseason)

That's about it & I really don't think that Vick should come back this yr. why should his jail sentence run concurrent w/his NFL suspension.  Everyone talks about how he has lost all this money... that's too bad.  Don't apologize for a man we don't even know.  He had this big entourage & was free-spending w/his money not anyone else, so he should do some construction for a yr. @ $10/hr & do some work w/the Humane Society like clean some dog sh&t up & just maybe hopefully a dog will attack him.. ha. jk..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

[QUOTE]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=4175491 I cant beleive clayton would even consider the pats bringing in vick.does he deserve to come back and play in the NFL?sure he did his time.they had something saying vick,and the spca are teaming up,and he is gonna talk to teens about how wrong it is to have dog-fighting.now its one thing to do this if you were a person who cares about animals,but in this case,he is only doing it so he can play foot-ball again.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE] IT Could Be Possible.
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/12/vick-to-pats-theory-gaining-momentum/

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trible. Show Trible's posts

The trouble with a team that decides to chuck away the positive for the negative for the sake of winning is that while it is all good for as long as you're winning, when you are not it is easier to find other things to do then watching a team lose with its collection of unattractive personalities.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schillings_Ankle. Show Schillings_Ankle's posts

[QUOTE]"the dude paid his debt to society he DOES deserve another chance to play in the NFL its FOOTBALL what he does on the field has nothing to do with what he did off."
    Posted by joppi[/QUOTE]
    Joppi, I beg to disagree.  Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right.  He can go flip burgers like any other Joe.  In my opinion, no punishment is harsh enough for this degenerate fiend.  I believe in an "eye for an eye," and would prefer that Vick be tossed into a ring full of the animals he tortured and have to fight his way out.  To have the power of life and death over living creatures who feel pain every bit as much as you and I do, and to abuse that power deliberately and maliciously for "sport" places Michael Vick as one who has violated the social contract.  Vick should be "put down" like the vicious, predatory beast he is.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

[QUOTE]Joppi, I beg to disagree.  Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right.  He can go flip burgers like any other Joe.  In my opinion, no punishment is harsh enough for this degenerate fiend.  I believe in an "eye for an eye," and would prefer that Vick be tossed into a ring full of the animals he tortured and have to fight his way out.  To have the power of life and death over living creatures who feel pain every bit as much as you and I do, and to abuse that power deliberately and maliciously for "sport" places Michael Vick as one who has violated the social contract.  Vick should be "put down" like the vicious, predatory beast he is.
    Posted by Schillings-Ankle[/QUOTE]

But Schilling...he "didn't know any better" so that makes it excusable as a 'mistake' remember? *eyes rolling*

Please, I wish this turd of a human (Vick) would disappear from the planet along with that other animal killing baffoon, Sarah Palin.

Sections
Shortcuts