possible landing spots for vick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

Re: possible landing spots for vick

Vick is going to Miami

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

If I were to commit a Felony and serve prison time I would be fired and never hired back by my company.  In fact there would be no debate or talk ever again about it.

So what's the difference here?  Why should he get a second chance?  Why is being employed by the NFL  different then being employed by any other company in the world?

You brake your company's Code of Conduct or Rules of Ethics your gone.  Plane and simple.

F-him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

Parcells wants to beat Bill badly.  Decide now.  Would you rather have him sitting behind Brady, or have our "so called" questionable LB crew trying to catch him twice a year and in the playoffs?  Just a thought.  This is a business and sometimes hostile takeovers ARE necessary.  Preventing your competitor from obtaining a potentially lethal weapon by beating them to the punch is sometimes GOOD business.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSNS14. Show RSNS14's posts

Vick will not play in the NFL again. Mark my words. No team (especially the Pats) are going to want the media backlash that will come along with him wearing the teams uniform. Yes, he paid his debt to society. But his crime is of such an extraordinary nature it should preclude him from having ever any sort of celebrity status ever again. I for one will no longer be a Pats fan if he is signed. Not that Bill would ever be that stupid. Pipe dream for stupid people.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

I've tried in earnest to avoid this particular posting.  However, after reviewing some of these unbelievable, self-righteous, and blatantly myopic remarks, I have to add my two cents.  Spew whatever hate and venom you choose at me but this is another perspective of this issue.
    Michael was a part of an illegal dog fighting ring.  The chief witnesses against him were convicted felons who rolled on him as part of a plea bargain.  Not one other person connected to this ring, received jail time as part of sentencing.  That doesn't bother you.  This case wasn't about PETA or the innocent animals that were killed or forced to fight.  This was about "unregulated income".  Dog fighting is big business that generates a tremendous amount of revenue.  None of which is taxed by the gov't.  The IRS receives nothing.  The same thing happened with dog racing and horse racing before that.  Once they were regulated and the gov't began receiving their cut, the furor of the harsh animal treatment died down significantly.  Dog fighting has gone on for since the Roman Empire and here in the U.S.  for longer than we care to admit.  It only became an issue because of the interest of pro athletes and entertainment industry people (mostly hip-hop artists).  These so called young "thugs" with substantial incomes began to enterprise the once "rag tag" game of dog fighting and the rest is history.

Any one out there recall the last time this same group of individuals came under scrutiny by the Gov't?  It was the NBA that was in the bullseye along with the hip-hop industry.  The FEDS were raiding poker parties at private homes.

Another troubling aspect of the anger and outrage directed @ Vick is the TRUE reason behind it. If it were truly about animal rights, then why in the hell isn't sport hunting, fishing, and trapping banned.  Subsistence is totally different.  However, blowing out the heart and lungs of a deer while it's eating corn provided by a timed feeder is horrendous and in my opinion on par with dog fighting.  Even the way we handle and process the very sustinence that powers our bodies are vile and disgusting practices, but there is no uproar.  The founding fathers of this very nation participated in or attended some of the most disgusting contests between combatants ever known to mankind.  They would pit slaves against each other.  Told them they were fighting for freedom, to keep the family together or to keep their women from being raped.  If they lost,  it meant their death and the followthrough of the threats.  That didn't bother anyone for hundreds of years.  But it was okay.  Vick went down because this cause needed a face.  Without it, no one would care. 

People say he doesn't deserve a chance to play in the NFL.  It's a right and not a priviledge.  If he isn't allowed or is allowed and no one signs him, it's collusion.  If you have the level of talent to play and are denied the right to do so, I say that's a problem.  There are countless documentated instances where precident has already been set.  Leonard Little was responsible for the death of someone due to his negligence (DUI).  Then turned around and received another DUI less than 7 months later.  He was not banned for life.  So please get off the "lifetime ban" nonsense.  Many of you have committed crimes within your states and this country.  Should these entities prevent you from earning an income the best way you know how?  Despite the fact that many of you place the lives of innocent people in jeopardy everyday, you're not prevented from living  a productive life.  You did not lose 23 months of freedom.  You did not lose 75 million dollars.  Hell, many of you have never even received a fine for the acts you've committed. 

Let's talk about those acts.  Drug use, DUI, prescription medication abuse (or illegal transfer), speeding, distracted driving, and failure to act on behalf of a minor are just a few offenses that are on par with Vick's offenses.  However, yours impact the lives of innocent human beings due to your own selfishness.
    I don't excuse any of Michael Vick's transgressions, I simply say, IT'S OVER and  move on.  Don't allow your own prejudices and personal issues cloud your judgement.  If major corporations can destroy our environment with there waste because it's profitable to do so, let this young man who's paid his debt to society, clean up the waste that he's made of his life. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: possible landing spots for vick:
    [QUOTE]I've tried in earnest to avoid this particular posting.  However, after reviewing some of these unbelievable, self-righteous, and blatantly myopic remarks, I have to add my two cents.  Spew whatever hate and venom you choose at me but this is another perspective of this issue. Michael was a part of an illegal dog fighting ring.  The chief witnesses against him were convicted felons who rolled on him as part of a plea bargain.  Not one other person connected to this ring, received jail time as part of sentencing.  That doesn't bother you.  This case wasn't about PETA or the innocent animals that were killed or forced to fight.  This was about "unregulated income".  Dog fighting is big business that generates a tremendous amount of revenue.  None of which is taxed by the gov't.  The IRS receives nothing.  The same thing happened with dog racing and horse racing before that.  Once they were regulated and the gov't began receiving their cut, the furor of the harsh animal treatment died down significantly.  Dog fighting has gone on for since the Roman Empire and here in the U.S.  for longer than we care to admit.  It only became an issue because of the interest of pro athletes and entertainment industry people (mostly hip-hop artists).  These so called young "thugs" with substantial incomes began to enterprise the once "rag tag" game of dog fighting and the rest is history. Any one out there recall the last time this same group of individuals came under scrutiny by the Gov't?  It was the NBA that was in the bullseye along with the hip-hop industry.  The FEDS were raiding poker parties at private homes. Another troubling aspect of the anger and outrage directed @ Vick is the  TRUE reason behind it. If it were truly about animal rights, then why in the hell isn't sport hunting, fishing, and trapping banned.  Subsistence is totally different.  However, blowing out the heart and lungs of a deer while it's eating corn provided by a timed feeder is horrendous and in my opinion on par with dog fighting.  Even the way we handle and process the very sustinence that powers our bodies are vile and disgusting practices, but there is no uproar.  The founding fathers of this very nation participated in or attended some of the most disgusting contests between combatants ever known to mankind.  They would pit slaves against each other.  Told them they were fighting for freedom, to keep the family together or to keep their women from being raped.  If they lost,  it meant their death and the followthrough of the threats.  That didn't bother anyone for hundreds of years.  But it was okay.  Vick went down because this cause needed a face.  Without it, no one would care.  People say he doesn't deserve a chance to play in the NFL.  It's a right and not a priviledge.  If he isn't allowed or is allowed and no one signs him, it's collusion.  If you have the level of talent to play and are denied the right to do so, I say that's a problem.  There are countless documentated instances where precident has already been set.  Leonard Little was responsible for the death of someone due to his negligence (DUI).  Then turned around and received another DUI less than 7 months later.  He was not banned for life.  So please get off the "lifetime ban" nonsense.  Many of you have committed crimes within your states and this country.  Should these entities prevent you from earning an income the best way you know how?  Despite the fact that many of you place the lives of innocent people in jeopardy everyday, you're not prevented from living  a productive life.  You did not lose 23 months of freedom.  You did not lose 75 million dollars.  Hell, many of you have never even received a fine for the acts you've committed.  Let's talk about those acts.  Drug use, DUI, prescription medication abuse (or illegal transfer), speeding, distracted driving, and failure to act on behalf of a minor are just a few offenses that are on par with Vick's offenses.  However, yours impact the lives of innocent human beings due to your own selfishness. I don't excuse any of Michael Vick's transgressions, I simply say, IT'S OVER and  move on.  Don't allow your own prejudices and personal issues cloud your judgement.  If major corporations can destroy our environment with there waste because it's profitable to do so, let this young man who's paid his debt to society, clean up the waste that he's made of his life. 
    Posted by theplaintruth[/QUOTE] i have to say you got to the plain point.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

Possible landing spot for Vick....How about a North Korean prison? Yeah, that would work for me.Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from paparui. Show paparui's posts

[QUOTE]I've tried in earnest to avoid this particular posting.  However, after reviewing some of these unbelievable, self-righteous, and blatantly myopic remarks, I have to add my two cents.  Spew whatever hate and venom you choose at me but this is another perspective of this issue. Michael was a part of an illegal dog fighting ring.  The chief witnesses against him were convicted felons who rolled on him as part of a plea bargain.  Not one other person connected to this ring, received jail time as part of sentencing.  That doesn't bother you.  This case wasn't about PETA or the innocent animals that were killed or forced to fight.  This was about "unregulated income".  Dog fighting is big business that generates a tremendous amount of revenue.  None of which is taxed by the gov't.  The IRS receives nothing.  The same thing happened with dog racing and horse racing before that.  Once they were regulated and the gov't began receiving their cut, the furor of the harsh animal treatment died down significantly.  Dog fighting has gone on for since the Roman Empire and here in the U.S.  for longer than we care to admit.  It only became an issue because of the interest of pro athletes and entertainment industry people (mostly hip-hop artists).  These so called young "thugs" with substantial incomes began to enterprise the once "rag tag" game of dog fighting and the rest is history. Any one out there recall the last time this same group of individuals came under scrutiny by the Gov't?  It was the NBA that was in the bullseye along with the hip-hop industry.  The FEDS were raiding poker parties at private homes. Another troubling aspect of the anger and outrage directed @ Vick is the  TRUE reason behind it. If it were truly about animal rights, then why in the hell isn't sport hunting, fishing, and trapping banned.  Subsistence is totally different.  However, blowing out the heart and lungs of a deer while it's eating corn provided by a timed feeder is horrendous and in my opinion on par with dog fighting.  Even the way we handle and process the very sustinence that powers our bodies are vile and disgusting practices, but there is no uproar.  The founding fathers of this very nation participated in or attended some of the most disgusting contests between combatants ever known to mankind.  They would pit slaves against each other.  Told them they were fighting for freedom, to keep the family together or to keep their women from being raped.  If they lost,  it meant their death and the followthrough of the threats.  That didn't bother anyone for hundreds of years.  But it was okay.  Vick went down because this cause needed a face.  Without it, no one would care.  People say he doesn't deserve a chance to play in the NFL.  It's a right and not a priviledge.  If he isn't allowed or is allowed and no one signs him, it's collusion.  If you have the level of talent to play and are denied the right to do so, I say that's a problem.  There are countless documentated instances where precident has already been set.  Leonard Little was responsible for the death of someone due to his negligence (DUI).  Then turned around and received another DUI less than 7 months later.  He was not banned for life.  So please get off the "lifetime ban" nonsense.  Many of you have committed crimes within your states and this country.  Should these entities prevent you from earning an income the best way you know how?  Despite the fact that many of you place the lives of innocent people in jeopardy everyday, you're not prevented from living  a productive life.  You did not lose 23 months of freedom.  You did not lose 75 million dollars.  Hell, many of you have never even received a fine for the acts you've committed.  Let's talk about those acts.  Drug use, DUI, prescription medication abuse (or illegal transfer), speeding, distracted driving, and failure to act on behalf of a minor are just a few offenses that are on par with Vick's offenses.  However, yours impact the lives of innocent human beings due to your own selfishness. I don't excuse any of Michael Vick's transgressions, I simply say, IT'S OVER and  move on.  Don't allow your own prejudices and personal issues cloud your judgement.  If major corporations can destroy our environment with there waste because it's profitable to do so, let this young man who's paid his debt to society, clean up the waste that he's made of his life. 
    Posted by theplaintruth[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. Unfortunately people never see it that way.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

Response to Paulie

[QUOTE]Thanks MVP, I needed to be reigned in a bit I agree. I knew I was going off a bit there; painting with a borad brush. My bad. The American Indian example is a great one. I know the "hunting for need" as opposed to "sport" concept but I feel like such a danmed hypocrite. I mean, I'm not a vegetarian, I mean I love a good chesse burger man, but to be really true to my "crusade" here, for lack of a better term, shouldn't I be? I was raised a Christina and I still believe in all that Jesus stands for, but I find myself thinking; "Why are there tornadoes? Well, this perfectly created system we call Erath has a self-cleaning mechanism and this storm was "realized/created" to sweep the surface clean because too much weight on the surface is prbably not in the best interest of its survival. But that flies in the face of my religious belief to the extent that the tornado was created to make no distinction between a cow or a man. I think we can all agree that whomever/whatever created this perfect system knew that man would eventually exist and would have all the feelings that we have, so why create a windstorm to wipe us out as if we were excess baggage? I've come to the conclusion, the only conclusion really, that it is not we who are the most important things, it is the planet itself. It is the main character in this galaxy of ours. It is the greatest creation. Not us. Our egos make us think we are but we are just here to maintain it. And at that we are failing. Wow!  I just went on a freaky rant...I vented...and it felt goooood. You're a good man MVP, and you to cpat. But our leader is clearly CT lady aka "Laurie"
    Posted by WoburnPaulie[/QUOTE]

Hey Paulie! Don't know how but I missed this post you made awhile back. Thanks for the compliment. Any time someone stands up and speaks for those that can't speak for themselves (e.g. animals), they are then considered to be among the exception to my rule that all humans are arrogant ***holes. lol
    ;-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Just saw T.O.'s comments on Vick, and I agree, with him, Vick has paid his debt.
    T.O. used an interesting analogy..."it's kinda like kicking a DEAD HORSE" T.O. maybe youre not helping so much.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Vicker

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to possible landing spots for vick:
    [QUOTE]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=4175491 I cant beleive clayton would even consider the pats bringing in vick.does he deserve to come back and play in the NFL?sure he did his time.they had something saying vick,and the spca are teaming up,and he is gonna talk to teens about how wrong it is to have dog-fighting.now its one thing to do this if you were a person who cares about animals,but in this case,he is only doing it so he can play foot-ball again.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE] they wont give up on this.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/30/possibility-of-vick-to-pats-still-looms/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from paparui. Show paparui's posts

[QUOTE]Dog fighting rings such as Vick's are known to kidnap family pets of non-fighting breeds and use them for training.  In other words they feed them to their dogs.  It part of the total "fun" of their sport. 
    Posted by bostatewarrior[/QUOTE]

While it's known that dog fighting rings kidnap family pets there is no proof that Vick's ring did that. Also didn't Ray Lewis witness a murder and refused to cooperate with police. Also Stallworth flashed his high beams knowing there was a pedestrian on the sidewalk. Why he didn't stop and wait for him to cross baffles me and makes his case even worse. Corey Dillon basically punched his wife in the mouth while she was driving but everyone was okay with him being on the team. I also believe Chauncey Billups and Ron Mercer was accused of raping a woman in Antoine Walkers house but I guess these actions aren't as bad still. I'm not trying to excuse Vick's actions and think what he did was terrible but it's in the past now and the guy served jail time. The league wouldn't have let the guy back in unless they felt the guy is doing the right things to correct his mistakes. I'm sure every team is doing their homework before they decide to commit $ to Vick. There is much more things going on in the world then Mike Vick being allowed to get a job in the NFL. If you wanna do good for animals you can go bother politicans to ban horse and greyhound racing since I'm sure they haven't exactly been animal friendly when training their animals. Time to move on and let time show if Vick is a changed man.

Sections
Shortcuts