Possible RFAs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

Possible RFAs?

Are there any RFAs which could be interesting (and realistic) for the Patriots to use some of their picks on??
    Personally I find this Kirk Morrisson interesting. But other possible candidates?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

Re: Possible RFAs?

Possibly Kevin Walters, Derrick Mason or Josh Reed? Kirk Morrison is a really good player. He's a tackling machine. I wonder if the Jets go after him, too. We won't I'm sure.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Isn't Morrison a little undersized? If we are going to continue in the 34 i think we need a thumper to go along with Mayo in there. Got to  admit I haven't seen him play much though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

morrison isn't a fit

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teddydupay4. Show teddydupay4's posts

Richard Marshall would be a great fit...and has the youth/price to offest losing Leigh Bodden...whom people forget is 30 this season.  The list of over-30 gamechanging #1 CBs begins and ends with the names Woodson and Bailey.

Also, Marlin Jackson, a guy who'd be getting #1 money if not for the injury history could be had at a price more than reasonable for his talent level. 

Those would be massive signings that fit the Pats MO of not over-paying for quality, overlooked talent for one reason or another.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

how isnt morrison a fit, he is an inch taller than mayo and identical weight to mayo. if he can be had for a low price and low money(1.5 to 2.5 mill or so) id say get the guy y not what can it hurt???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Marshall and Jackson, those are great fits, definitely players worth trying to acquire

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teddydupay4. Show teddydupay4's posts

Before someone jumps on me like Courtney Love at a men's sex rehab retreat, I'm aware Jackson isn't an RFA.  I'm not aware of why he's not signed by someone, anyone, as of yet. 

Darius Butler as a 3rd CB and/or insurance for an injured starter rather than a #1 on a team that needs someone else in said position.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

MY POSTS OVER THE PAST WEEK,ONCE CAROLINA PLACED ONLY A SECOND ROUND TENDER WOULD BE MY FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS(HOPEFULLY AFTER EXTENDING MANKINS AND GOSTKOWSKI.TWO MUST DO'S).EFFECTIVE AGAINST THE RUN,CAPABLE IN COVER IN BOTH ZONE AND MAN COVERAGE,A HIGH FOOTBALL I.Q.,A LOVE OF THE GAME ANDIS THE TYPE OF PERSON MOST EVERYONE WOULD COVET IN THEIR LOCKERROOM AND NEIGHBORHOOD.NO C.B. TAKEN IN THE SECOND ROUND WOULD EQUAL HIS PLAY IN THE NEXT SEASON OR TWO AND COULD EASILY HAVE AS HIGH OR EVEN HIGHER UPSIDE.THEY MAY HAVE REGRETTED NOT DRAFTING HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE,NOW IS THE TIME TO RECTIFY THE SITUATION.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

WR: Antonio Bryant; he's a poorman's Brandon Marshall. 
    LB: Kirk Morrison; in his prime. Makes alot of tackles, great speed @ LB.
    OLB: Aaronn Kampman; Vrabel like player, but he can still play. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

How about Ray Edwards- DE- Minn (6'5" 270#) Has 18 sacks in his first three years.... Tendered for a first rounder. He is only (26?)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I like the Morrison deal if BB can pull it off...doesnt Kampman play in a 4-3?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Possible RFAs?:
    I like the Morrison deal if BB can pull it off...doesnt Kampman play in a 4-3?
    Posted by patsfaninsatx
    The Green Bay defense switched to a predominantly 3-4 Defense last year,Kampman was having difficulties with the change but seemed to get a grasp of the concept towards the end of the seasion. I think the Bears and the Patriots will do the deal for Olsen and it will cost the Patriots a 2nd round pick.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Yes, just like Vrabel did in college. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

In Response to Re: Possible RFAs?:
    WR: Antonio Bryant; he's a poorman's Brandon Marshall.  LB: Kirk Morrison; in his prime. Makes alot of tackles, great speed @ LB. OLB: Aaronn Kampman; Vrabel like player, but he can still play. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

bryant is a massive headcase, no way the pats touch him.
    morrison is not a fit next to mayo in the 3-4.
    kampman didnt play well in the 3-4 and is looking to go back to a 4-3 this year to revive his career. oh, and he is coming off a major knee injury.

but there are some interesting players still out there, and some more should hit the market soon. hopefully.

Sections
Shortcuts