Possible Trades?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Possible Trades?

It already seems to me that there's been more in season trades than I can remember.  

Just for fun since we need some more DT help, what would you guys think about going after someone like Darnell Dockett?  Seattle has a firm grasp of that division and the niners look to have turned a corner.  I doubt that leaves room for Arizona to make the playoffs.  He is 32 and is under contract for 2 more years after this season.  

This is what his contract looks like:

2013: $4.45 million, 2014: $5.5 million, 2015: $6.55 million, 2016: Free Agent

Imagine a Dline that looks like this:

Jones + Kelly + Dockett + Nink.  That would actually be a huge upgrade in the pass rush department.  He actually can play 4-3 and 3-4 fronts as well.  

I'd give up a second for him, but I am not sure Arizona would give him up for just that.  

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Possible Trades?

In response to Getzo's comment:

It already seems to me that there's been more in season trades than I can remember.  

Just for fun since we need some more DT help, what would you guys think about going after someone like Darnell Dockett?  Seattle has a firm grasp of that division and the niners look to have turned a corner.  I doubt that leaves room for Arizona to make the playoffs.  He is 32 and is under contract for 2 more years after this season.  

Jones + Kelly + Dockett + Nink.  That would actually be a huge upgrade in the pass rush department.  He actually can play 4-3 and 3-4 fronts as well.  

I'd give up a second for him, but I am not sure Arizona would give him up for just that.  

Thoughts?

omg, please dont put thoughts like that in my mind.
    dockett would only cost 5.5 mil? please stop i doubt BB would give a 2nd for this, but damn the thought of that just sounds sexy. just sad BB wont prob do anything... i wish though

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Right now the Cards are 2-2 and certainly could get a wild card spot. Do I believe that...no...but they won't deal...just yet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Thoughts?

omg, please dont put thoughts like that in my mind.
    dockett would only cost 5.5 mil? please stop i doubt BB would give a 2nd for this, but damn the thought of that just sounds sexy

It's more than just a one year rental and he might restructure a bit to come to a playoff contender with a big role.  Enticing, huh?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Pats dont have the room to pay a DL $5.5M next year and Vince $11m....they are very much up against the cap next year with the Hern hit coming all at one time. Wonder if TB will re-do his contract?

The move they should have made was to sign both Kelly and Branch this past summer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Dockett is a dooooosh. I'll pass

"I don’t know. I think Tom is probably the best leader I’ve ever been around so I wouldn’t be too critical of him. " - BB

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Right now the Cards are 2-2 and certainly could get a wild card spot. Do I believe that...no...but they won't deal...just yet.

C'mon man.  This division is between 2 teams, we both know that.  He is 32 and this team needs to do some rebuilding.  They already traded their left tackle to the steelers, so it seems they are gearing up a bit.  

The can deal him out of the Conference and put him in place to succeed, while they get a great rebuilding chip and some cap relief.  Everyone wins...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to APpats22's comment:

"I don’t know. I think Tom is probably the best leader I’ve ever been around so I wouldn’t be too critical of him. " - BB

LOL, why you say that?  I had no idea.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Pats dont have the room to pay a DL $5.5M next year and Vince $11m....they are very much up against the cap next year with the Hern hit coming all at one time. Wonder if TB will re-do his contract?

The move they should have made was to sign both Kelly and Branch this past summer.

i honestly wouldn't count out a vince retirment. i know it sounds extreme and he plans on coming back. but achilles injuries take a lot of rehab/time and also vince's knees/feet will only get worse trying to support such a big body. ten years playing at a high level DT is a lot on a dude. i know he intends to be back and i think he may, but you can't count out possible set backs in rehab and he may never return to game form and give it up... possibility

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Vince will be back, put that in the bank.  No way he goes out like that.  He's going to be around the team for the rest of the year, and that a lot will make him miss it and want to comeback even more.  The rest of his body will also heal up, and I bet he'll feel the best he's felt in sometime.  The injury happened soon enough that he could be ready for the season opener next year.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Vince will have to re-work his 2014 7.5 mil contract or it is possible he will be let go....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

TFB does contract restructure................................... Ron Edwards brought in.

Cry

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Vince will have to re-work his 2014 7.5 mil contract or it is possible he will be let go....

This is more realistic than him retiring, but yet again I think he'll be Pat next season regardless. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

He just talks alot on twitter plus I lost respect after the AJ and Webb thing

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/08/aj-mccarron-darnell-dockett-katherine-webb-love-triangle_n_2434621.html

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

No thanks. If we are going for older bandaids then I want someone with a more reasonable contract incase their performance drops off a cliff or I want a younger player about to enter his prime. Gvie me one or the other but Dockett is starting to enter the downside of his career and I'm not sure if he'd last his contract in the starting role. Good thought though.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

This is more realistic than him retiring, but yet again I think he'll be Pat next season regardless. 

OH yes, I agree, he'll be here...just not at 7.5 Mil...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

He just talks alot on twitter plus I lost respect after the AJ and Webb thing

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/08/aj-mccarron-darnell-dockett-katherine-webb-love-triangle_n_2434621.html

Yep, that's childish.  I had no idea... 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I show Vince with a cap number next year at $11,6M.

$7.5M salary

$3.6m pro rated bonus

$500k off season work out bonus

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I show Vince with a cap number next year at $11,6M.

$7.5M salary

$3.6m pro rated bonus

$500k off season work out bonus

well he wont be working out. Thats half a million there. I'll play for that.... I can play in subpackes on 5th down

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Tampa Bay is toast and in disarray, so I'd like to see a trade with them for Goldson. We need a real safety and it would allow McCouty to return to corner in the case of an emergency. We got Talib from them and it's made a hugh difference, so why not trade picks and solidify the secondary?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to trouts' comment:

Tampa Bay is toast and in disarray, so I'd like to see a trade with them for Goldson. We need a real safety and it would allow McCouty to return to corner in the case of an emergency. We got Talib from them and it's made a hugh difference, so why not trade picks and solidify the secondary?

Some are scoffing at Darnell Dockett possibly being acquired in a trade because of some drama on twitter yet they wanna add a cheap shot overpaid thug like goldson to the team... God, that makes perfect sense!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Id take twenty darnell docketts over 1 Dashon Goldson.. Dockett would be a good add to our D line especially only at 5.5 million this year, he's a tough and nasty player. 

At the end of your rope                                                                                                     

Hanging by a thread

He'd give anything for this to just go away

This grip is only so strong

I try to hold on tightly

But it's all slipping through my fingers

In a fleeting moment 

Aspirations bled dry

Eyes that once beamed with hope now only stare in remorse.

-Times of grace

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well you have to consider that trades usually don't happen, then you have to consider the teams that won't trade with us at this point (afc teams, division teams, teams in contention, etc). And then you have to consider there is nothing out there...we should of taken care of the defensive line during the off season when everyone else did.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well you have to consider that trades usually don't happen, then you have to consider the teams that won't trade with us at this point (afc teams, division teams, teams in contention, etc). And then you have to consider there is nothing out there...we should of taken care of the defensive line during the off season when everyone else did.

Well you have to consider that trades usually don't happen

Well that was the point of the my thread... there has been a few trades already into the young season..

, then you have to consider the teams that won't trade with us at this point (afc teams, division teams, teams in contention, etc).

Exactly, Arizona is none of the above.  They'd make a good trading partner with us, and they also just traded their LT to the Steelers.

And then you have to consider there is nothing out there...

An aging 32 year old with two years left on his contract on a team that will likely look for drafting chips.  At least that was IMO.

we should of taken care of the defensive line during the off season when everyone else did.

When they brought in Kelly that was a great move, and they tried to get Red Bryant from Seattle but he resigned for 5 years with them. 

Sections
Shortcuts