1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

Re: Possibly 1st openly gay NFL player!

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to theshinez's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have a few thoughts on this subject: Why do people feel the need to "come out"? I never came out to my friends/family as a straight man.  If gay people are just like everyone else, why do they constantly do/say things to seperate themselves or elevate themselves above everyone else?  Does he want attention or a higher draft status? 

Secondly, I have not seen him play, or heard him talk, but it seems since he's a CFB DE/LB it seems that he's probably not a feminine gay man, or acts like a sissy, which I applaud.  My take is that if your want to take it in the rear (which I personally don't agree with that lifestyle), at least ACT and TALK like a man.  Sorry for not being P.C. just my 2 cents. 

[/QUOTE]

u dont have to come out as a straight because you have never been in ie: you are the majority and you are not discrininated against because of ur sexuality as they are

what ur saying is like telling a black person in the pre-civil rights South don't make a big deal out of being black...

also ur a Righty so what u say isn't even worth 2 cents on this topic

[/QUOTE]

What exactly is a "righty"? And yes I do know what it means to be discriminated against.  Both for my skin color and religion.  I am a Christian and I face discrimination for my beliefs on a regualar basis.  It's okay for people to have opinions or certain "values" unless they are religious and have more strict/conservative moral guidlines and then it's BAAAAAD!  or I"m a racist bigot!  All I'm saying is that if we ALL are truly equal (which I firmly believe), than whether you're gay/straight/white/asian/hispanic, etc. you should just live your life the way you feel is appropriate as long as you're not hurting or discriminating against others.  We shouldn't celebrate only those who are gay, or of a certain race, or any other special interest group.  You say, "like telling a black person in the pre-civil rights South don't make a big deal out of being black..."  We all are different in our own way, we are all one race....the HUMAN RACE!   the sooner people start believing it and not seperating themselves into seperate groups the better off we will be. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

The first 5 stories on FOX Sports this morning involve Sam and Gay rights.

So you see the agenda becomes Gay rights in the NFL and actually has nothing to do about the player.....what would the story be about if it was simply an undersized DE that was going to be drafted in the 4th or 5th rd?

You thought Tebow was a distraction.....

Sorry, just the fact that the media will turn this into a side show circus on a daily basis makes this player a pass.

At this point it has nothing to do about anyone's rights but simply the fact that major distractions, both on and off the field, cause issues with team chemistry and focus.

From a football matter, a borderline talent, who brings with him the entire world media, ain't gonna fly in the inner workings of the NFL locker room.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

ok he is gay great for him. Is it really necessary for BB, Kraft, and the Globe to all make statements, making less of a deal about it seems more accepting than plastering it on every media outlet int he western world.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

The only thing BB and the Patriots should be concerned with should be does the player fit the system and if so does he have the physical and mental tools to succeed in the system. I have only seen him play a couple of times so is really don't know the answer to that question but the football scouting report on the kid from various scouts seem to indicate that he is sort of a one dimensional player... a hand in the ground pass rushing DE. I think they already went down that road with Jake Bequette.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not saying the guy is a hero (he didn't cure cancer), but it certainly is a new's story.

And you're right, nobody cares what straight people do off the field...it's why there are no stories about us, however people are going to care about the starting defensive end of the Patriots (or whoever) when they start showing up at the movies holding hands with another man.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but I disagree about this being a news story. It's only a story because the media has made it that way. If the entire Missouri football team knew, and it wasn't a big deal, why is it a big deal now? Because the media said so?

We all go to work every day (except Rusty) and we work along side people we know are gay. It's just another day, and nobody cares. I have friends who are gay, co-workers that are gay, family members that are gay.....and life goes on, and it just doesn't matter who sleeps with who.

Why on Earth does the NFL or any other pro sports organization get a pass here? I've heard that the NFL locker rooms aren't ready for this. Are you kidding me? Whose problem is that? I guarantee there are 100s of gay people among pro athletes on every team in every sport in every city. Why is it a problem now? Why is sports the one one place where it's almost being accepted that the athletes can't handle this?

We have laws in place in this country so that people aren't discriminated against. Why is it being allowed in these same locker rooms that "aren't ready"? Shouldn't pro sports ban the people who can't handle it?

Once again, the media is at the root of the problem, making something a story that just isn't one. Stop reporting about a gay guy who wants to play in the NFL, and do a story about the biggots in the sport that "aren't ready". What a joke....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No matter what the NFL says, and coaches say, ect, ect about him being courageous, they are all speaking the the right speak of public tolerance. But no team will want this distraction, and alot of hetro players won't want this guy in their locker room. Dude will end up in CFL.

It's the same as the Tebow distraction-but in this case Tebow has moral values. Sams choose to be opposite and enjoy a degenrate lifestyle that won't be accepted either.

Real courage was when the blacks were fighting for civil rights and to be treated like real human beings.

[/QUOTE]

enjoy a degenrate lifestyle ??!!!   wow Kansas  didn't expect this from you.  wonder if any of the blacks fighting for civil rights were gay.

[/QUOTE]

Game, sorry i let you down, but i am very conservative. I have no tolerance for decadent male sexual activity. I believe in the natrual order of the universe, and in that universe the natrual order is for a woman and man to have sexual relationships. not a man and a man.

as for the blacks fighting for civil rights I think the last thing on their mind was being gay, they were more worried about being chased by ravaging police dogs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:

careful there?

BB drafted Gronk rd. 2 because of chronic injuries.

drafted a 1st rd talent in round 4 (Hernandez) because he was known to hang around gangsters and act really immature and stupid. (he also tried to fight Welker, remember?)

drafted a third round talent in Dennard in the 7th after he punched a cop in the mouth days before the draft.

He also brought in Tebow!

BB is all about value. taking a gay player who dropped because he's gay will be just ordinary for him. if he has talent, which this kid seems to have BB will take him. if we can get a 3rd round talent in the 5-6 round I will be estatic.

distractions dont affect this team. they played with a murderer... i think they can handle a gay kid

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:

[QUOTE]

careful there?

[/QUOTE]

BB drafted Gronk rd. 2 because of chronic injuries.

drafted a 1st rd talent in round 4 (Hernandez) because he was known to hang around gangsters and act really immature and stupid. (he also tried to fight Welker, remember?)

drafted a third round talent in Dennard in the 7th after he punched a cop in the mouth days before the draft.

He also brought in Tebow!

BB is all about value. taking a gay player who dropped because he's gay will be just ordinary for him. if he has talent, which this kid seems to have BB will take him. if we can get a 3rd round talent in the 5-6 round I will be estatic.

distractions dont affect this team. they played with a murderer... i think they can handle a gay kid

[/QUOTE]

I agree I doubt BB will even thintwice just cause the kid is gay, not a big deal. However, I hope he doesn't take him too early just to prove that he would. If the value is there I'd take him. He's a weird tweener and a bit 1 dimensional pass rusher. I wouldn't touch him till day 3 because I think that's where his value lies as a player. Would I want him as a situational pass rusher, sure I thnk he has talent but I wouldn't use a higher pick that could be a starter down the road. There's a couple of players in the 3rd that given 1-3years could be every down starters I'd rather have. But a 4th or if you get a via trade 5th, yeah I might take a shot on the kid. He'd fit a role we need on the team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree I doubt BB will even thintwice just cause the kid is gay, not a big deal. However, I hope he doesn't take him too early just to prove that he would. If the value is there I'd take him. He's a weird tweener and a bit 1 dimensional pass rusher. I wouldn't touch him till day 3 because I think that's where his value lies as a player. Would I want him as a situational pass rusher, sure I thnk he has talent but I wouldn't use a higher pick that could be a starter down the road. There's a couple of players in the 3rd that given 1-3years could be every down starters I'd rather have. But a 4th or if you get a via trade 5th, yeah I might take a shot on the kid. He'd fit a role we need on the team.

[/QUOTE]

agree 100%.

many NFL execs were saying he may not get drafted anymore so if he's around anywhere from 5-7 I would be glad to have him. Bring him in and see what he can do as a situational rusher

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to mellymel1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agreed...if the kid can play and he's at the right spot and is a value pick, BB will take him...Kraft saying what he said immediately when questioned was more than just being PC...it might happen if he's not taken too early by some other team...this part of the country has a more open mind about this stuff than down south or the the middle of the country. Idf he's picked by us, it will be news, but it will be handled, just like Tebow

[/QUOTE]

yup, agree. if he comes here it will be the solid one press conference distraction and then business as usual from there on out

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BB will not adjust his drafting style to appease or play to the media.  Will never happen. It's about value.

If he's there in Rd 6 or 7 because of this, I would not be shocked at all if he took him at that value.

SEC Def Player of the year. It would be no different than what he saw in Brady in Rdd 6 or Dennard in Rd 7.

[/QUOTE]

exactly what I'm saying