Post Combine Mock Draft 1.0

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

Post Combine Mock Draft 1.0

22- Brandon Graham- He ran a sub sub 4.7 forty and put up 225 31 times, add that to his already solid resume including most tackles for loss in the entire nation and a Nfl caliber motor off the edge, i think graham is the way to go. I also heard on nfl network that teams were really impressed with his interviews, he seemed like a really mature person and his passion for football is real.

44- Devin McCourty- I have a feelin Leigh Bodden isnt coming back next season, which really makes this pick much more relavent. Even if Bodden does return we still need some help at cornerback, especialy if you consider how bad wheatley and wilhite have turned out to be. (i still think wilhite can be a solid nickel corner) McCourty impressed me a lot in the combine, he ran in the 4.4's and his positional drills were as good as anybody in the entire combine. (watch out for the jackson kid from alabama he also had a good combine and could climb up the boards)

48-  Lamarr Houston- I think he fits perfectly as a 3-4 end, and can also push the pocket if we shift to a 4-3 and line him up inside, so he brings some versatility and athleticism to our defensive line. Its nice to know we have wilfork locked up for the next 5 years and now we have to surround him with a nice depth at d-line. I think jarvis green is on his way out add to that we also lost seymour... and brace is yet to impress anyone.. i think houston will be greatly appreciated by pats nation.

53- Traded to the bears for Greg Olsen. The bears signed manemaleuna and the pats released chris baker.... coinsidence....i dont think so.... i think the pats will make a move and trade for olsen knowing he will fill a big void in this offense. Brady would love having a weapon of olsen's caliber.

117- Anthony dixon- led the sec in rushing. impressed in the combine. really big back with solid speed. brings a physical presense that the pats have lacked since corey dillon. (i also like charles scott here or brandon tate but i think dixon was really impressive in the combine so ill go with him for now)

thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Re: Post Combine Mock Draft 1.0

Is B. Graham too short?  

I know he's been shooting up the draft boards, but a player to watch is Dunlap.  He's been slipping for some reason.  Check him out-

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I absolutely love the Graham pick. He is the type of player that the Pats use to have. A huge motor that gives everything, a strong leader, plays higher then his stats say, and is an intelligent mature kid. Him, Mayo, and Wilfork could rebuild the leadership in the locker room and set the tempo of a tough give all defense for years to come. He has moved into my #1 choice in the draft overall and see him as the next Bruschi/Vrable/Willie

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

I like the draft, though I would much rather see us take a HB over a CB in Rd 2, CB's take too long to develop, and this pick will not help now.  That being said, if we keep #53, I would take a corner, and go TE in rd 4.  One corner who has been slipping and could be had in Rd 4 is Donovan Warren.

Germany, Dunlap has been sliding due to concerns about work ethic, I would take a pass on him.  He seems to lazy at times.

Try posting this on the "Mock Draft rds 1-6" forum, it will get a lot more action.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Solid draft.  I could also see BB going with Jared Odrick at #22 to fill the DE void then drafting an OLB like Ricky Sapp or Jerry Hughes in round 2.  Olsen would be an excellent pickup.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Jimmy Graham has more upside than Olsen. Olsen has two cheap years left on his contract, but Jimmy Graham could be a pro-bowler in short order.

Miami pro day will be interesting to watch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Post Combine Mock Draft 1.0:
    22 - Brandon Graham- He ran a sub sub 4.7 forty and put up 225 31 times, add that to his already solid resume including most tackles for loss in the entire nation and a Nfl caliber motor off the edge, i think graham is the way to go. I also heard on nfl network that teams were really impressed with his interviews, he seemed like a really mature person and his passion for football is real. 44 - Devin McCourty- I have a feelin Leigh Bodden isnt coming back next season, which really makes this pick much more relavent. Even if Bodden does return we still need some help at cornerback, especialy if you consider how bad wheatley and wilhite have turned out to be. (i still think wilhite can be a solid nickel corner) McCourty impressed me a lot in the combine, he ran in the 4.4's and his positional drills were as good as anybody in the entire combine. (watch out for the jackson kid from alabama he also had a good combine and could climb up the boards) 48-  Lamarr Houston- I think he fits perfectly as a 3-4 end, and can also push the pocket if we shift to a 4-3 and line him up inside, so he brings some versatility and athleticism to our defensive line. Its nice to know we have wilfork locked up for the next 5 years and now we have to surround him with a nice depth at d-line. I think jarvis green is on his way out add to that we also lost seymour... and brace is yet to impress anyone.. i think houston will be greatly appreciated by pats nation. 53- Traded to the bears for Greg Olsen. The bears signed manemaleuna and the pats released chris baker.... coinsidence....i dont think so.... i think the pats will make a move and trade for olsen knowing he will fill a big void in this offense. Brady would love having a weapon of olsen's caliber. 117- Anthony dixon- led the sec in rushing. impressed in the combine. really big back with solid speed. brings a physical presense that the pats have lacked since corey dillon. (i also like charles scott here or brandon tate but i think dixon was really impressive in the combine so ill go with him for now) thoughts?
    Posted by Patsfan24-7
    Your Mock is a nice one, Except if given the choice between Graham and Odrick I think the Patriots will select the bigger guy,McCourty is a decent DB and an excellent return man,The Jackson kid that you mention might be the steal of the draft as he is only a junior and he was a very good Cover Corner for Bama. I'm pretty sure regardless of whom they sign the Patriots will draft a WR,and I think it'll come down to whether one of the TE's the Patriots want in this years draft becomes available with the late 2nd round pick as to whether they trade for Olsen or not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think Graham will be gone by 22, too many teams play the 34 and the week he had at the senior bowl really moved him up. I'd love to see him fall to the pats though.
    Is Olsen really that good? All I remeber about him was that he was a poor man's Jerremy Shockey and was part of a nasty rap song with the rest of the thugs at the U.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

I like Dixon. Big strong back. Right up the middle. This is what I am CRAVING for the Patriots to do. Get a good running game going to have the D on the other side huffing and puffing by the 3rd quarter. 

Check this out and picture this at Gillette! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

pats, i like graham and houston, but i don't think bb will go d on the first three picks. i believe at least one of those will be used for an OL. and the other two will be used on a de and an olb. #53 will be anybody's guess. it will be the best available candidate among three positions - rb, wr or te. i'd put money on rb, with the intention of picking a big te on the 4th. i bet they're thinking that one of the younger wr's will come back from injury. it's risky, but you can't plan out of fear that those will not pan out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

22 - I don't like the Pats taking an OLB outside of the prototype in the first round when there equivalent players w/in the OLB prototype available. I see Sergio Kindle or Ricky Sapp higher on the draft board than Hughes or Graham. They may even have Koa Misi higher and as a result, willing to wait till the second round to address the position.

44 - I like McCourty, but I just don't see the Pats adding another young cornerback. We already have Wheatley, Butler, Wilhite, and Arrington all likely to make the team. At this point, I see the Pats looking to make sure we have youth in depth at RB, TE, DE, and OLB. This is where I'm looking TE if Gronkowski or Gresham are available. If not, then it's DE w/ Odrick or Wootton. RB w/ Best and Matthews. OLB, we can start looking outside of the prototype. This is where I value Graham and Hughes for the Patriots.

48 - I like Houston, but I don't know if he's a great fit for the Pats. His lack of length is a concern. At this point, I'm a bigger fan of Alex Carrington would prefer him over Houston.

53 - I don't like the fit for Olson to the Pats. His strength is pass catching, and he's only on the block because of his weak blocking. The Pats get the best out of their TEs through their blocking first and receiving second.

4th Round - Dixon will be gone in the 2nd round. If we're looking RB that late, I'm thinking LaGarette Blount, Ben Tate, James Starks, or Charles Scott. Though my preference would be OLB, George Selvie, Lindsey Witten, Kevin Basped, or Willie Young.

Sections
Shortcuts