Post Draft Blues

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Post Draft Blues

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Yeah!  Great goal there!

Please don't troll as a Leafs fan. Terrible goal.  For some reason, the B's forgot that Reimer sucks and can't stop anything high.

You're right, I'll stay quiet on this one Smile

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Yeah!  Great goal there!

Please don't troll as a Leafs fan. Terrible goal.  For some reason, the B's forgot that Reimer sucks and can't stop anything high.

They've been shooting low or 5 hole all night which is angering me.  Then, the Bs score, on what? A high shot. WHat a shocker!

The guy goes down on every single shot. 

Bruins are turning it on now and Leafs are fading.  We'll see.  Bruins are clearly the better team, but I like the Leafs fight. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Yeah!  Great goal there!

They've been shooting low or 5 hole all night which is angering me.  Then, the Bs score, on what? A high shot. WHat a shocker!

Bruins are turning it on now and Leafs are fading.  We'll see.  Bruins are clearly the better team, but I like the Leafs fight. 

B;s were snakebit all game handling the puck and made poor shooting choices. Overall, good job by the Leafs, taking advantage of those opps.

Great game for a young team.  Still think the Bruins will win this series, but nice to see the Leafs on the way up.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Yeah!  Great goal there!

B;s were snakebit all game handling the puck and made poor shooting choices. Overall, good job by the Leafs, taking advantage of those opps.

Great game for a young team.  Still think the Bruins will win this series, but nice to see the Leafs on the way up.  

Classic Bruins.   Have a chance to win a series at home and make it tough on themselves.

Of course, they still have a chance to win the series at home . . . if they do the Leafs a favour and lose Sunday . . . 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

They will wrap it up on the road , would have been nice tonight but I think they play even better on the road.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Yeah!  Great goal there!

Classic Bruins.   Have a chance to win a series at home and make it tough on themselves.

Of course, they still have a chance to win the series at home . . . if they do the Leafs a favour and lose Sunday . . . 

No "favours". I want them to bury it on Sunday night. Of course, I will be out Sunday night at a concert, so it's probably a good thing I'll miss it.

Have fun.  Who you hearing?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Yeah!  Great goal there!

No "favours". I want them to bury it on Sunday night. Of course, I will be out Sunday night at a concert, so it's probably a good thing I'll miss it.

New Kids On The Block Reunion?

You know I used to live across the street from Joey McIntyre's parents and sister in Jamaica Plain?  Nice people.  

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Yeah!  Great goal there!

New Kids On The Block Reunion?

You know I used to live across the street from Joey McIntyre's parents and sister in Jamaica Plain?  Nice people.  

caps-rangers OT...

Kings-Blues are on here.  time for bed I guessLaughing

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to rtuinila's comment:

In response to jri37's comment:

Folks...most of you are excited that the Pats took WR Aaron Dobson at #59. But, was he the right choice for this team? As we all know, the Patriots need a deep threat WR who can stretch the field...forcing those safeties to play honest...away from the line of scrimmage. Is Dobson really the answer? Most draft publications peg him as an intermediate route runner, who is quicker rather than fast...has small hands, and has problems getting separation on vertical routes. 

On the other hand, there's Markus Wheaton, who was drafted by the Steelers, 20 spots lower, at #79. Though a couple of inches shorter than Dobson, Wheaton has the deep play, deep strike ability that the Pats have lacked since Randy Moss began to slow, and fade.

Lets hope that this isn't a Brandon Tate/Mike Wallace rehash.  

Forget the comparisons of Tate/Wallace.

If the Pat's offense philosophy was to throw the ball deep down filed and they were reliant on the WR's to outrun the D after the QB broke the pocket and scrambled until someone broke open then yes it would be a good criticism.

Since they run a precision passing offense that calls for good route runners  and sure handed recievers I for one feel pretty good about the pick.

Hope you're right. But, I don't see it. Dobson ran a limited tree route in college...and was hurt for much of his senior year. Wheaton, in addition to being a speed merchant, is also a good route runnerhurt . It appears he would have been the better choice.

Abviously you don't understand physics any more than you know football. BB was looking for non-smurf receivers. A non-smurf receiver can learn a new route tree. A smurf receiver can't learn tall!!!

Quickness and blazing speed can't be coached, either. 

Actually that is a fallacy, blazing speed can be coached/trained, just look at the combine every year.  I also have two relatives that have been very good track coaches and they say if someone hasn't been taught to run properly they can make them considrably faster. Quickness is also affected by strength to some degree so that can be trained too. Height on the other hand cannot be trained.

RESPONSE: LOL!!! Yeah, right. That's why the Miami Dolphins paid Mike Wallace what they paid him. If speed can be so easily coached, why didn't the Dolphins simply manufacture their own Mike Wallace? Why hasn't BB done the same?      

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

Man i cant understand how you guys like country music. It honestly all sounds the same to me hahaha

98% wretched crap.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Are this years' Patriots better than last years' addition? It depends on how much their young players on defense improve. But, here are some reasons for concern:

1.) The team appeared to get no immediate help through the draft. In fact, as has been thoroughly discussed in this thread...the team may not have obtained any potential impact players for the future through this draft;

2.) Tom Brady is a year older and a year slower...as is Vince Wilfolk. Plus, Tom hasn't been afforded the additional help he needs to take some of the offensive load off his shoulders.

3.) The Pats will miss Wes Welker...at least for next season. He and Brady had chemistry...which shall not be so easily replaced. In Tom's younger days, it wouldn't be such a big deal. But now? Plus...the last place that the Pats wanted to see Wes land was in Denver.

4.) Health issues: I'm very concerned that TE Rob Gronkowski may never return to form. Four surgeries on that arm have got to take their toll. BB made a huge mistake in playing Gronk...long before he was ready to go. Now, his career may be ruined.

But, Gronk isn't the only health concern. Danny Armedola and Julian Edelman must prove that they are capable of playing an entire season. It's doubtful that the Pats will ever get anything out of CB Ras-I Dowling. Aqib Talib must stay healthy. Y'all saw what happened to the Patriots secondary after he left the AFC title game against the Ravens;

5.) The Pats did not seem to improve as much as their main competitors, in Denver and San Francisco.    

That said, the defense should be improved. How much it improves will decide whether the 2013 edition can truly contend. The "D" must force turnovers to take some of the pressure off Tom Brady.

If you think I'm being negative...read this article, which I think is over the top: http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/58790/are-2013-patriots-better-than-2012-version

I don't see the AFC East being stronger overall. The Jets and Buffalo are still horrible. Miami will be better...but will not overtake the Pats for the divisional crown. Nor do I see the schedule as "tougher". The Pats played a pretty tough schedule last year, and still won 12 games.

Yes...Tom Brady will be a year older...but he'll still be one of the games' best QBs. The health of Gronk holds the key to the offense. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I'm very concerned that TE Rob Gronkowski may never return to form. Four surgeries on that arm have got to take their toll. BB made a huge mistake in playing Gronk...long before he was ready to go. Now, his career may be ruined.

A lot of us were aghast that BB was using this guy for extra points where this injury all started. Super DUMB.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Thought this was an interesting post on twitter by Chris Gronkowski..

Chris Gronkowski @Chrisgronkowski 9 May

Heard my bro @RobGronkowski is killing it on the field, when is this surgery happening?? Can the media please keep me up to date so I know?

Sections
Shortcuts