Post Draft Blues

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Post Draft Blues

In response to APpats21's comment:

Man i cant understand how you guys like country music. It honestly all sounds the same to me hahaha

98% wretched crap.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Are this years' Patriots better than last years' addition? It depends on how much their young players on defense improve. But, here are some reasons for concern:

1.) The team appeared to get no immediate help through the draft. In fact, as has been thoroughly discussed in this thread...the team may not have obtained any potential impact players for the future through this draft;

2.) Tom Brady is a year older and a year slower...as is Vince Wilfolk. Plus, Tom hasn't been afforded the additional help he needs to take some of the offensive load off his shoulders.

3.) The Pats will miss Wes Welker...at least for next season. He and Brady had chemistry...which shall not be so easily replaced. In Tom's younger days, it wouldn't be such a big deal. But now? Plus...the last place that the Pats wanted to see Wes land was in Denver.

4.) Health issues: I'm very concerned that TE Rob Gronkowski may never return to form. Four surgeries on that arm have got to take their toll. BB made a huge mistake in playing Gronk...long before he was ready to go. Now, his career may be ruined.

But, Gronk isn't the only health concern. Danny Armedola and Julian Edelman must prove that they are capable of playing an entire season. It's doubtful that the Pats will ever get anything out of CB Ras-I Dowling. Aqib Talib must stay healthy. Y'all saw what happened to the Patriots secondary after he left the AFC title game against the Ravens;

5.) The Pats did not seem to improve as much as their main competitors, in Denver and San Francisco.    

That said, the defense should be improved. How much it improves will decide whether the 2013 edition can truly contend. The "D" must force turnovers to take some of the pressure off Tom Brady.

If you think I'm being negative...read this article, which I think is over the top: http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/58790/are-2013-patriots-better-than-2012-version

I don't see the AFC East being stronger overall. The Jets and Buffalo are still horrible. Miami will be better...but will not overtake the Pats for the divisional crown. Nor do I see the schedule as "tougher". The Pats played a pretty tough schedule last year, and still won 12 games.

Yes...Tom Brady will be a year older...but he'll still be one of the games' best QBs. The health of Gronk holds the key to the offense. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

I'm very concerned that TE Rob Gronkowski may never return to form. Four surgeries on that arm have got to take their toll. BB made a huge mistake in playing Gronk...long before he was ready to go. Now, his career may be ruined.

A lot of us were aghast that BB was using this guy for extra points where this injury all started. Super DUMB.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Thought this was an interesting post on twitter by Chris Gronkowski..

Chris Gronkowski @Chrisgronkowski 9 May

Heard my bro @RobGronkowski is killing it on the field, when is this surgery happening?? Can the media please keep me up to date so I know?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Yeah!  Great goal there!

Please don't troll as a Leafs fan. Terrible goal.  For some reason, the B's forgot that Reimer sucks and can't stop anything high.

You're right, I'll stay quiet on this one Smile

They've been shooting low or 5 hole all night which is angering me.  Then, the Bs score, on what? A high shot. WHat a shocker!

The guy goes down on every single shot. 

Bruins are turning it on now and Leafs are fading.  We'll see.  Bruins are clearly the better team, but I like the Leafs fight. 

B;s were snakebit all game handling the puck and made poor shooting choices. Overall, good job by the Leafs, taking advantage of those opps.

Great game for a young team.  Still think the Bruins will win this series, but nice to see the Leafs on the way up.  

Classic Bruins.   Have a chance to win a series at home and make it tough on themselves.

Of course, they still have a chance to win the series at home . . . if they do the Leafs a favour and lose Sunday . . . 

No "favours". I want them to bury it on Sunday night. Of course, I will be out Sunday night at a concert, so it's probably a good thing I'll miss it.

Have fun.  Who you hearing?

Ryan Bingham. 

Think Bob Dylan meets Willie Nelson and Steve Earle with a bit of Texas country rock as the backdrop.  Now that I think of it, it sounds really nothing like them, which is why this is a no brainer artist/band to follow and see live.     Saw him and the Dead Horses (his original backing band) in bar for $5 at Schubas in Chicago (ever go there? Corner of Southport and Belmont near where I lived). 

Couldn't believe it.   We thought we had stumbled across the next legend.   He may not be a legend, but killer voice, songwriter and he just gets it.   It was a Sunday night in August in 2007, the band and us were at the bar pre show drinking whiskey. Just good folk, too.  No crap, legit people and musicians. Incredible songwriter.  Genius, really.

No one knows who he is and it's the best $20 on the live touring circuit right now next to Mofro.

Years later, he wins an Oscar for a movie soundtrack piece and refuses to sell out to that Nashville crap and never will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o181GOT8Vg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWD7hyOoRC8

Sounds cool.  I'll have to check him out.  I haven't been to Schubas.  I think it opened about the time I left Chicago (late 80s).  Back when I lived there, it was more blues bars and new wave clubs like Tuts and Exit . . . 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I'm very concerned that TE Rob Gronkowski may never return to form. Four surgeries on that arm have got to take their toll. BB made a huge mistake in playing Gronk...long before he was ready to go. Now, his career may be ruined.

A lot of us were aghast that BB was using this guy for extra points where this injury all started. Super DUMB.

RESPONSE: The fact that Gronk got hurt blocking on an extra point play didn't bother me so much. It was just a freak thing. Very bad luck. With the limited rosters, players have to do these sorts of things.

What really irritated me was that BB rushed Gronk back, in time for the play-offs. Whether the blame for this dumb and extremely shortsighted decision falls on BB or the Pats' medical staff is a subject for debate. Personally, I blame both. A blind man could see that Gronk wasn't ready to play. Lets hope, for the sake of Gronk, the team, and our lust to see another championship, that Gronk bounces back. But, sorry to say, I have serious doubts on this.    

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

The Pats will regret passing up an opportunity to take QB Matt Barkley, Ryan Nassib, or Tyler Wilson at #91...instead of reaching for Duron Harmon: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013-05-08/matt-barkley-eagles-michael-vick-chip-kelly-russell-wilson-seahawks-usc

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The Pats will regret passing up an opportunity to take QB Matt Barkley, Ryan Nassib, or Tyler Wilson at #91...instead of reaching for Duron Harmon: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013-05-08/matt-barkley-eagles-michael-vick-chip-kelly-russell-wilson-seahawks-usc

You were doing the same thing with Tavon Wilson last year.  Go back and look at the next 30 or so picks made after Wilson last year.  Maybe six of them are arguably better picks: Russell Wilson, Zach Brown, Lavonte David, Kelechi Osemele, Dwayne Allen, and Casey Hayward. The rest were probably not as good as Tavon or about equal to him. That tells you that Belichick was picking appropriately at that spot regardless of what Mel Kiper and Kiper's TexParrot thought . . .

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Yeah!  Great goal there!

Please don't troll as a Leafs fan. Terrible goal.  For some reason, the B's forgot that Reimer sucks and can't stop anything high.

You're right, I'll stay quiet on this one Smile

They've been shooting low or 5 hole all night which is angering me.  Then, the Bs score, on what? A high shot. WHat a shocker!

The guy goes down on every single shot. 

Bruins are turning it on now and Leafs are fading.  We'll see.  Bruins are clearly the better team, but I like the Leafs fight. 

B;s were snakebit all game handling the puck and made poor shooting choices. Overall, good job by the Leafs, taking advantage of those opps.

Great game for a young team.  Still think the Bruins will win this series, but nice to see the Leafs on the way up.  

Classic Bruins.   Have a chance to win a series at home and make it tough on themselves.

Of course, they still have a chance to win the series at home . . . if they do the Leafs a favour and lose Sunday . . . 

No "favours". I want them to bury it on Sunday night. Of course, I will be out Sunday night at a concert, so it's probably a good thing I'll miss it.

Have fun.  Who you hearing?

Ryan Bingham. 

Think Bob Dylan meets Willie Nelson and Steve Earle with a bit of Texas country rock as the backdrop.  Now that I think of it, it sounds really nothing like them, which is why this is a no brainer artist/band to follow and see live.     Saw him and the Dead Horses (his original backing band) in bar for $5 at Schubas in Chicago (ever go there? Corner of Southport and Belmont near where I lived). 

Couldn't believe it.   We thought we had stumbled across the next legend.   He may not be a legend, but killer voice, songwriter and he just gets it.   It was a Sunday night in August in 2007, the band and us were at the bar pre show drinking whiskey. Just good folk, too.  No crap, legit people and musicians. Incredible songwriter.  Genius, really.

No one knows who he is and it's the best $20 on the live touring circuit right now next to Mofro.

Years later, he wins an Oscar for a movie soundtrack piece and refuses to sell out to that Nashville crap and never will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o181GOT8Vg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWD7hyOoRC8

WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE "GETS IT"? sounds like snobby bs

what is there to get and who are u to judge anyway?

Dude, you're such a tool.  He grew up homeless pretty much and was on the rodeo circuit in Texas, started playing guitar, started realizing he could write songs, etc.  He's a good kid and humble.   Maybe if you left your basement once in a while you wouldn't be so angry all the time and following me around here.

That's what I mean by he gets it.  He'll never sell out to Nashville. He doesn't care about money.  He's a true artist.   Because I appreciate that, it means I am "snobby"?  My god are you a tool.

Christ, he charges $20 for his shows and it's honestly the best rock club show you can see out there for $20.

Incredible songwriter, good guitar player and he's my Gen's Bob Dylan, basically. 

do you/did you read Blender and AP and follow pitchfork.com and other such mags/sites that cater to the "too cool for the room/it's underground so it must be good" crowd?

I will bet yes

don't try so hard Russ- tho I will say it is very much like ur generation to do so

Smile

ps: angry? oh boy...try again

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

: angry? oh boy...try again

Had a pretty good football thread going, here...until this forum's answer to "Inspector Clouseau"  showed up:

Rusty hanging around a thread to the case is solved...LOL!!!   

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Keep following me around, though.  You seem to have a very unhealthy obsession in doing so.

Did "the voices" tell you that persons are following you around nutcake?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The more you see the field, the greater the chance something like that happens. You don't put HOF level performers in harms way for a dum bass extra point.

For the same reason I told the village imbecile you don't expect Brady to run the ball. He should be told to never run the ball if there is any chance of a hit. And that includes sliding. The more you have contact, the greater the chance for a problem. Frankly, I think these QB sneaks Brady is always doing are dum bass too.

How did BB "rush Gronk back"?  How long does it take to heal? The guy was out for 2 months!

There's that astonishing 150 IQ at work again folks.

I didn't say a word about rushing Gronk back meathead.

Another day, another body slamming of the village imbecile.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

How did BB "rush Gronk back"?  How long does it take to heal? The guy was out for 2 months!

It's freak second break on the one in the divsional round.  It has nothing to do with Gronk being "rushed back".

It doesn't take 2 months for a broken bone to heal. You're looking at a month and then strengthening and rehab.

I am more irked that we pass 40+ times with a lead and refuse to just use one RB and establish a proper rushing attack in the first half again because Brady doesn't think he needs it or thinks we can flip a switch and use one.

Ain't working, Tommy. 

I hope BB is taking notes while he reads this. If he is exposed to you enough he just might learn how to coach a football team wackjob.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

You two idiots have been brainwashed by the anti-BB media and you don't even know it. lmao

Better find a job, Rusty. Some day, your Mom is going to start charging you rent.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Much better QBs next year, even in the second round.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Much better QBs next year, even in the second round.

Really? Please name them. Besides, do you really want to see the Pats reach for a QB in rounds one or two, next season? Barkley, Nassib and Wilson were all available at the 91st overall pick. What QB better than them will the Pats be able to get with their late third round pick, next year?

That said Seattle...what would you have said last year to anyone who told you that the Seahawks would be as good or better than the Patriots by 2013? Hard to believe how far the Seahawks have come, in such a short time. It just goes to show how valuable a franchise QB is. Russell Wilson turned that team around. This is why I'm so disappointed that the Pats reached at pick #91 for a safety that they could have gotten in round 7...rather than taking a flier on one of the aforementioned QBs, who might become the next Russell Wilson. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

You were doing the same thing with Tavon Wilson last year.  Go back and look at the next 30 or so picks made after Wilson last year.  Maybe six of them are arguably better picks: Russell Wilson, Zach Brown, Lavonte David, Kelechi Osemele, Dwayne Allen, and Casey Hayward. The rest were probably not as good as Tavon or about equal to him. That tells you that Belichick was picking appropriately at that spot regardless of what Mel Kiper and Kiper's TexParrot thought . . .

nice win for your leafs today pro! here's hoping for a game 7 upset

Sections
Shortcuts