Post Draft Blues

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Post Draft Blues

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to TexasPat's comment:

An 11 page thread largely predicated on an apparently controversial low 3rd round pick who, regardles of where selected in the draft, may or may not become successful in the NFL: priceless.  (insert your deity of choice here) in a dump truck!!!

My contention?  BB probably knows a touch more than the talking heads and any other poster in this forum about football talent.  Controversial, I know but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Yours in the football forum of the absurd,

HH

"In Bill We Trust"...got it! 

LOL!!! 

Actually, TP, with all due respect, you haven't the remotest clue.  It's much more about how little many of us trust your assessment as opposed to Bill's.  It is not that he's infallible; for me it is that he is a proven professional winner and you are are an interested amateur.

ATJ, I admire the restraint you show in your responses... very commendable.

Thank you, sir; I remain but a humble HH.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

And are you factoring in that BB has had an ace in the hole for all this with Brady? Or do you think the likes of Mannings x2, Flacco, Brees and BR are his equal? 

Babe are you saying that these guys aren't among the elite QB's in the NFL?  

Or maybe you've over rated Tom Brady a little too much.  In my opinion Tommy is the best in the game, but the difference between him and the other elite QB's, like those named is minuscule.  

Tom Brady is great because he is on the Patriot's and they are the best run team in football, not the opposite.

Again until you can answer or even acknowledge the enigma of how the greatest QB of his generation (Dan Marino) and the winningest coach of all time (Don Shula) never won a Super Bowl than this idea that QB's make great coaches or teams is complete garbage.  The Patriots with all or any of the QB's named above would still compete for Super Bowls.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

An 11 page thread largely predicated on an apparently controversial low 3rd round pick who, regardles of where selected in the draft, may or may not become successful in the NFL: priceless.  (insert your deity of choice here) in a dump truck!!!

My contention?  BB probably knows a touch more than the talking heads and any other poster in this forum about football talent.  Controversial, I know but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Yours in the football forum of the absurd,

HH

Although no deity - Tempest in a teapot works. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

My contention?  BB probably knows a touch more than the talking heads and any other poster in this forum about football talent.

Yeah, he's infallible. How dare anybody scrutinize his decisions.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

if not, can we all agree that changes need to be made, and that hiring a drafting consultant with some power should be strongly considered? 

Won't happen. BB will beat the Brady mule for all it's worth, Kraft will do nothing,  and after a few blah seasons after Brady is gone, BB will retire. Homers will rave for the rest of their lives about what a spectacular team builder he was, while the rest of the world will see the reality sink in that his greatest achievements were due to inherited players and a lucky 6th round draft pick.

We the fans can now only hope we get a break and manage one more ring with the few years Brady has left. Just try not to think about the 3-4 other rings we could have had if BB was a more capable GM.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Again until you can answer or even acknowledge the enigma of how the greatest QB of his generation (Dan Marino) and the winningest coach of all time (Don Shula) never won a Super Bowl than this idea that QB's make great coaches or teams is complete garbage. 

I already thoroughly answered this.

As far as those names vs Brady, I left out Rodgers for a reason. Because he is Brady's only equal. The others are a notch below him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

We the fans can now only hope we get a break and manage one more ring with the few years Brady has left. Just try not to think about the 3-4 other rings we could have had if BB was a more capable GM.

It is realistic to expect a team to win 7 rings in 12 years in the modern era.  Troll.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Actually, TP, with all due respect, you haven't the remotest clue.  It's much more about how little many of us trust your assessment as opposed to Bill's.  It is not that he's infallible; for me it is that he is a proven professional winner and you are are an interested amateur.

I think he does have a clue that we have no SB wins in 8 years. Regarding that where do you say the buck stops?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Post deleted as being overcome by events.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

It is realistic to expect a team to win 7 rings in 12 years in the modern era.  Troll.

Is it realistic to expect a team to win one in the last 8 years?

Do you think if BB had built a slightly better team we could have won it in 06, 07 and 2011 kool-aide guzzler?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Is it realistic to expect a team to win one in the last 8 years?

Do you think if BB had built a slightly better team we could have won it in 06, 07 and 2011 kool-aide guzzler?

I think if we had as many bounces go our way in 2007 and 2011 as we did in 2001, 2003 and 2004 we could have won those games.  Complaining about the roster of the 07 team is hilarious.  The only team to go undefeated in a 16 game season that had the highest point differential and point total in NFL history needed a better roster.  Maybe you should stop drinking the haterade.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

haterade

LOL.....Babe doesn't drink it....he has an IV set up....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I think he does have a clue that we have no SB wins in 8 years. Regarding that where do you say the buck stops?

You're changing the subject, Babe.  No one that I can find posting on this forum has ever said that BB doesn't have the responsibility for the performance of this team.  And I'm included.  

And, yes, by all means call me HH, but Belichick knows a he11 of a lot more about football talent than anyone posting on this forum.  Infallible?  Of course not.  Done an amazing job? You bet your ole wazoo.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

My contention?  BB probably knows a touch more than the talking heads and any other poster in this forum about football talent.

Yeah, he's infallible. How dare anybody scrutinize his decisions.

Babe, you really do compromise your credibilty when you selectively quote and misrepresent what people are saying.  Unless of course you overlooked this post of mine which appears on the same page as the one you decided to quote:

Or was that merely an oversight?

Obviously I was being sarcastic.

And I was being so because you might as well have said...

"He's not infallible but never question him because in the case of anybody not as accomplished as him he is infallible."

And that's just nonsense.

And none of this affects my credibility one iota except for those who don't like seeing their nonsense called out. And I'm not very concerned about what that ilk thinks of me.

Look ATJ, you are a nice fellow, but a kool-aide guzzling homer. That's just how it is. I don't condemn you for that. But that makes you lack objectivity. So argue until the cows come home, but objective persons are never going to agree with your kool-aide guzzling. They are going to endeavor to be objective.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You're changing the subject, Babe.  No one that I can find posting on this forum has ever said that BB doesn't have the responsibility for the performance of this team.  And I'm included.  

And, yes, by all means call me HH, but Belichick knows a he11 of a lot more about football talent than anyone posting on this forum.  Infallible?  Of course not.  Done an amazing job? You bet your ole wazoo.

Amazing job as GM? Not so much. Will you say the Packers GM did an "amazing" job if they go 8 years without a ring having Rodgers fry the record books along the way?

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Okay I have read here in this thread and others that it is a bottom line issue so i ask...Please show me the GM that has this resume over the same time period 2000-2012:

187 wins

10 playoff appearances

6 AFC Title games

5 AFC championships

5 Super bowls

3 Super Bowl Wins

He may make mistakes every single GM does even the best ones do but the criticism of this guy is way over the top based on his record.

Every year I see the same thing. Include the dynasty years of the inherited star defenders to the whole and it looks great. The problem is every year it gets watered down by the more recent record.

Bottom line is since the inherited players this GM had got old the record has been "nice but no cigar".

I'm certainly not, nor am I seeing anybody else saying BB is a bad GM. But he's clearly not some great team bulider as many here claim.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

Okay I have read here in this thread and others that it is a bottom line issue so i ask...Please show me the GM that has this resume over the same time period 2000-2012:

187 wins

10 playoff appearances

6 AFC Title games

5 AFC championships

5 Super bowls

3 Super Bowl Wins

He may make mistakes every single GM does even the best ones do but the criticism of this guy is way over the top based on his record.

Jus think, if the offense played better in SB 42 or didn't meltdown in thr 4th of SB 46, these troll premises and threads by Babe, Mt Hurl, Pezzy, RKrap, Bdbreu, etc, would never have existed.

It sure seems to me (and others) that really all we are waiting on his how well or how consistent Brady is in the postseason in these games.

Just think, if this GM had built defenses that didn't collapse in the endgame in 06, 07 and 11 we would have 3 more rings.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

187 wins

10 playoff appearances

6 AFC Title games

5 AFC championships

5 Super bowls

3 Super Bowl Wins

According to Babe the (wannabe Genius)...all the GMs who won superbowls in the last 8 years are better.

Sections
Shortcuts