Post OTA Roster Prediction

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Post OTA Roster Prediction

QB. (3)  Brady, Jimmy G., Mallett

RB. (5)  Ridley, Vereen, White, Bolden, Finch

TE. (3)  Gronk, Hooman, Jones

WR. (6)  Edelman, Amendola, Dobson, Boyce, LaFell, Thompkins

OL (8)  Solder, Vollmer, Cannon, Mankins, Stork, Flemming, Halapio, Kline

DT   (5)  Wilfork, Easley, Kelly, Siliga, Chris Jones

DE  (5). Chandler, Nink, Buchannan, Will Smith, Moore

LB. (5)  Mayo, Hightower, Collins, Anderson, Gordon

CB. (5). Revis, Dennard, Ryan, Arrington, Green

S. (4)  DMC, Harmon, Thomas, Chung

ST. (4)  Ghost, Allen, Aiken, Slater

PS.  Gallon, Skinner, Shamiel Gary, Houston, Watson, Gray, Cave, Barker

SUS:  Browner

really a tough group to predict.  Anyone else care to throw out a way too early guess?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Post OTA Roster Prediction

It's a good try, but:

Too many receivers, they probably only keep 6 and that includes Slater.

Not enough OL, they'll probably keep 9 or even 10.

9 DBs is maybe one two few.

I thought Develin played pretty well last year, I think he sticks.

Count on one or two of these guys on the PS (Finch and Gallon for two) and another one or two on IR, probably another one or two players not on the roster right now getting added.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's a good try, but:

Too many receivers, they probably only keep 6 and that includes Slater.

Not enough OL, they'll probably keep 9 or even 10.

9 DBs is maybe one two few.

I thought Develin played pretty well last year, I think he sticks.

Count on one or two of these guys on the PS (Finch and Gallon for two) and another one or two on IR, probably another one or two players not on the roster right now getting added.

[/QUOTE]

You're probably right about WRs vs OL.  I really didn't know which WR to cut.  If I had to make a guess I'd say Thompkins, but it's a really tough call.  Yeah, Develin could very well stick too, maybe replacing Finch or Bolden.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

I would love Finch to make it but it's too tough to tell. I think Develin would make it over Finch or Bolden. I do think the Pats end up keeping 7 WRs in total. Solid prediction so far but a lot of things can happen from now to the regular season. Hopefully the injury bug doesn't play a big role in that...

"I don’t know. I think Tom is probably the best leader I’ve ever been around so I wouldn’t be too critical of him. " - BB

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to APpats22's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would love Finch to make it but it's too tough to tell. I think Develin would make it over Finch or Bolden. I do think the Pats end up keeping 7 WRs in total. Solid prediction so far but a lot of things can happen from now to the regular season. Hopefully the injury bug doesn't play a big role in that...

Thanks for the Feedback.  I agree that there is certainly a long way to go before this is decided.  I also hope that injuries don't have much of a role in deciding the roster.  It would be nice to just see the best players make it.  If Finch can continue to show his solid pass catching skills and kick return ability once the pads come on, I really think he could have a chance.  It will be interesting to watch.  

"I don’t know. I think Tom is probably the best leader I’ve ever been around so I wouldn’t be too critical of him. " - BB

[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

QB (3) Brady, Mallett, Garoppolo
    RB (5) Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, White, Develin
    WR (7) Edelman, Amendola, Boyce, LaFell, Dobson, Slater, Gallon
    TE (3) Gronkowski, Hoomanawanui, Watson
    C  (2) Stork, Wendell
    G  (3) Mankins, Halapio, Kline
    T  (4) Solder, Vollmer, Cannon, Fleming
    DE (4) Jones, Ninkovich, Buchanan, Smith
    DT (5) Wilfork, Kelly, Easley, Siliga, Armstead
    ILB(3) Mayo, Hightower, Beauharnais
    OLB(2) Collins, Anderson
    CB (5) Revis, Browner, Dennard, Arrington, Ryan
    SS (2) Harmon, Wilson
    FS (2) McCourty, Thomas
    ST (3) Gostkowski, Allen, Aiken

Total players: 53
    Created with Pats Picker: http://patspicker.patsfans.com

-------------

The website link above is a really easy way to pick the 53-man roster and copy and paste the results as I just did, so a little FYI to make it easier!

Anyway. I think none of the UDFA rookie RBs make the roster.. I see Patrick Chung getting cut as well after Browner returns from suspension with the log jammed secondary, just a hunch... And another surprise cut I have K Thompkins gone as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

I just don't see Thompkins not making the team. I'll be very surprised if he gets cut. Especially with the Dobson injury still a factor.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to APpats22's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I just don't see Thompkins not making the team. I'll be very surprised if he gets cut. Especially with the Dobson injury still a factor.

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  That's why I went with 7 WRs, including Slater.  I couldn't find a WR who I felt good about leaving out at this point.  A long way to go, though. Things will certainly chance.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

C  (2) Stork, Wendell
    OLB(2) Collins, Anderson
    SS (2) Harmon, Wilson
    FS (2) McCourty, Thomas

Created with Pats Picker: http://patspicker.patsfans.com" rel="nofollow">http://patspicker.patsfans.com

-------------

The website link above is a really easy way to pick the 53-man roster and copy and paste the results as I just did, so a little FYI to make it easier!

Anyway. I think none of the UDFA rookie RBs make the roster.. I see Patrick Chung getting cut as well after Browner returns from suspension with the log jammed secondary, just a hunch... And another surprise cut I have K Thompkins gone as well.

[/QUOTE]

I'd be happy if it ended up like this.  It would mean that some of the young players like Gallon and Tavon Wilson stepped up.  It would sure be nice to replace Watson with a healthy Dustin Keller...  Looking like more and more of a pipe dream, though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Tough to predict a 53 man roster at this point but I think there a few guys who could be in trouble... I think Bolden could be the odd guy out at RB if they think White/Houston/Finch or a combination of those 3 are ready.

I think Thompkins will be the odd man out if they only go with 6 receivers including Salter.

IMO unless Wendell proves he can control DT's without being overpowered he is out and Connelly could be in trouble it the rooks prove they can play right away.

On D there are a lot of decisions to be made regarding depth for the entire unit. There will be some good depth guys cut throughout the defense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tough to predict a 53 man roster at this point but I think there a few guys who could be in trouble... I think Bolden could be the odd guy out at RB if they think White/Houston/Finch or a combination of those 3 are ready.

I think Thompkins will be the odd man out if they only go with 6 receivers including Salter.

IMO unless Wendell proves he can control DT's without being overpowered he is out and Connelly could be in trouble it the rooks prove they can play right away.

On D there are a lot of decisions to be made regarding depth for the entire unit. There will be some good depth guys cut throughout the defense.

[/QUOTE]

Good thoughts.   I agree that Wendell, Connelly, Bolden, and Thompkins had better have very good camps.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Very good first attempt. However before trying to predict the final roster, I would take into account the opening day opponent and gameplan. BB always has 5-6 roster moves after every game that are game plan specific. Two years ago we broke camp with only 4 WR's! We open against Miami this year but not sure what the gameplan will be against the 'fins?

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4160947. Show user_4160947's posts

Don't post much.  Just a lurker....  I think the following are definitely on the bubble:  Connelly, Wendell, Bolden, Chung/T. Wilson., Buchanon/Beauharnais, Thompkins

I think the following are camp fodder and will not make the final 53: Bequette, Armstead, Forston

I think there are 2 possible surprise cuts: Vereen and Slater.  I know they are valuable members of the team but they are both one-dimensional and in Vereen's case, injury prone.  Having 3 QBs changes the landscape of roster decisions a great deal.  Maybe they move Mallet after all?  I also believe that if Houston shows promise and power, Ridley could be a goner.  It's his walk year and BB can't stand TOs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to user_4160947's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't post much.  Just a lurker....  I think the following are definitely on the bubble:  Connelly, Wendell, Bolden, Chung/T. Wilson., Buchanon/Beauharnais, Thompkins

I think the following are camp fodder and will not make the final 53: Bequette, Armstead, Forston

I think there are 2 possible surprise cuts: Vereen and Slater.  I know they are valuable members of the team but they are both one-dimensional and in Vereen's case, injury prone.  Having 3 QBs changes the landscape of roster decisions a great deal.  Maybe they move Mallet after all?  I also believe that if Houston shows promise and power, Ridley could be a goner.  It's his walk year and BB can't stand TOs.

[/QUOTE]

Good post.  You should share your thoughts more often.  I agree with all of your bubble players.  Armstead still has a chance.  He better get out there quick though and look good when he does.  I would be really shocked if Vereen got cut.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Hardly any Kick-off return in the NFL anymore, if you get to the 30 its fantastic. Most of the time you just down it. You can almost eliminate the position.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Always really hard to predict the late rounders and UDFAs.  They're outside of the analysts.

I'm going to take a wild shot that Reggie Dunn makes the team.  A 4.22 40 yard dash is a good start.  

Next shot:  Armstead is still sick with his MRSA or something in September and gets dropped.

Justin Jones, the world's largest tight end, has an outside shot.  Boy is he clumsy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

C  (2) Stork, Wendell
    OLB(2) Collins, Anderson
    SS (2) Harmon, Wilson
    FS (2) McCourty, Thomas

Created with Pats Picker: http://patspicker.patsfans.com" rel="nofollow">http://patspicker.patsfans.com

-------------

[/QUOTE]

Good call on the wr's. I like gallon over KT. Could finch make it over bolden? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

WR is the most competitive position on the team at this moment. Gallon (A 5'7" Woodhead type player out of Apopka HS, FL and Michigan) is talented but he is really going to need to flash something to break the logjam and make this team. If he makes the 53 man squad outright, I agree it is a good sign we are strong at receiver.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

WR is the most competitive position on the team at this moment. Gallon (A 5'7" Woodhead type player out of Apopka HS, FL and Michigan) is talented but he is really going to need to flash something to break the logjam and make this team. If he makes the 53 man squad outright, I agree it is a good sign we are strong at receiver.

[/QUOTE]

Probably one of Gallon or Finch will make the 53, not both.  I do think there is a spot for a small, shifty slot WR/RB to fill the Woodhead role, but having both of those guys might be redundant.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good call on the wr's. I like gallon over KT. Could finch make it over bolden? 

[/QUOTE]

I really don't know cuz I have not seen much on this Finch kid. BB is always obviously open to position competition but I think he loves BBolden.. He would have been really easy to cut as an UDFA after his suspension or his nagginn injuries but BB sticks with him which really tells me a lot. I think it's because whenever Bolden is thrust into the starting role or getting carries, he makes positive things happen

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Don't see Vereen getting cut.  They picked up White but it takes time to learn this passing offense and how to pick up the blitz.  Vereen can do both.  He should have a very good year providing he stays healthy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

really a tough group to predict.  Anyone else care to throw out a way too early guess?

There is no way he cuts Slater.  Or Vereen, for that matter.  I also think Develin sticks.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There is no way he cuts Slater.  Or Vereen, for that matter.  I also think Develin sticks.

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  I have Slater making it.  I just listed him under ST instead of WR.  You are probably right about Develin.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  I have Slater making it.  I just listed him under ST instead of WR.  You are probably right about Develin.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, I see now.  I guess that does still add up.  I read where Develin was taking reps at TE which makes sense. Sort of that move GArret Mills TE/FB type thing that Tebow should have been willing to do to save his career here last year.

I'd prefer it if they kept a FB and if Develin can be a 4th TE, assuming DJ Williams is the 3rd, then great.

Makes for a very interesting camp at TE and RB. I can't wait to see what WHite looks like as a runner in this offense. He comes off very mature with good IQ and screams Patriot.

I will be watching Boyce and White the most on offense in preseason.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh, I see now.  I guess that does still add up.  I read where Develin was taking reps at TE which makes sense. Sort of that move GArret Mills TE/FB type thing that Tebow should have been willing to do to save his career here last year.

I'd prefer it if they kept a FB and if Develin can be a 4th TE, assuming DJ Williams is the 3rd, then great.

Makes for a very interesting camp at TE and RB. I can't wait to see what WHite looks like as a runner in this offense. He comes off very mature with good IQ and screams Patriot.

I will be watching Boyce and White the most on offense in preseason.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if Develin proves that he can be effective as a depth TE then that would surely improve his chances.  

Sections
Shortcuts