Post your draft and laugh on 5/1/2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Post your draft and laugh on 5/1/2011

All the discussion...whos good and whos bad...who fits and who doesnt...Lets put $5 in a pot (kidding)  and post your draft.(wishes).. and we all can laugh at each others picks on 5/1...(If you want to try to includes what trades BB will try..go for it)..Heres mine and have a good first laugh)

1.  Cameron Jordan
    1a  Brooks Reid
    2    Michel Leshoure
    2b  Rodney Houston
    3   S Acho
    3c  James Carpenter
    4    John Moffitt
    5    Brandon Burton
    6    Courtney Smith

rookie F/A   Richard Sherman  DB

Going to be a fun day starting 4/28/2011 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: Post your draft and laugh on 5/1/2011

17 traded to NO 24 and 72 pickup
    #28 traded to Hou for 42 and 73
    #33 traded to Ari for 39 and 106 

#24 Wilkerson DE
    #39 Sherrod OT
    #42 Reed OLB
    #60 Brandon Burton CB
    #72 Carpenter OT/OG
    #73 (traded 2012 2nd)
    #74 Edmond Gates WR
    #92 Guy DE
    #106 Moffitt OG/C
    #128 Traded 2012 3rd
    #164 Anthony Allen RB
    #197 Karl Klug OLB/DE

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'll go with a trade version and no trade version but I doubt either will be close to coming right  : p

Non-trade

17 -  Ryan Kerrigan DE/OLB
    28 - Mu Wilkerson DE
    33 - Ben Ijalana G/T
    60 - Marcus Cannon G
    74 - Curtis Brown CB
    92 - Terrance Toliver WR
    4th -  Shiloh Keo S
    5th - Steven Friday OLB
    6th - Alex Linnenkohl C

With trades

#12 - J.J. Watt DE
    #17 - Traded for #12
    #28 - Traded for #50 and #61
    #33 - Traded for #39 and a future pick
    #39 - Sam Acho DE/OLB 
    #50 - Traded for future pick
    #60 - Marcus Cannon G
    #61 - Joseph Barksdale T
    #74 - Trade for #12
    #90 - Will Rackley G
    4th - Shiloh Keo S
    5th - Alex Linnenkohl C
    6th - Alex Green RB

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I'll do one without trades since it's doubly impossible to guess with trades, and I'll keep it in top 4 picks since I can see BB trading out with the later rounds:

17 Gabe Carimi (T/G) - Wisconsin (gives them some coverage with Mankins and Light)

28 Brooks Reed (OLB) - Arizona

33 Muhammad Wilkerson (DE) - Temple

60 Shane Vareen (RB) - Cal

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

1st Round – #17 traded to Tampa Bay for #20 and #116(4), #148(5), #212(7)

1st round #20 Anthony Constonzo OT (Boston College) or carami OT (Wisconsin)

1st Round – #28 traded for the chargers #50 and 61
    2nd Round – #33 Brooks Reed OLB (Arizona) 6-3 255 or Martez Wilson, LB, Illinois 6’4” 250

2nd round - #50 (chargers) MIkel Leshoure RB (Illinois) 6’1” 230 or Ryan Williams RB (VT)

2nd Round – #60 Ben Ijalana OG/OT (Villanova) 6’4” 320 or Clint Boling OG (Georgia) 6’5” 305
    2nd round - #61(chargers) traded for 2012 1st round pick
    3rd Round – #74 Traded into 2012 2nd round pick
    3rd Round – #92 Mark Herzlich OLB (Boston College) 6’4” 238

4th round - #116 (Tampa Bay) Greg Romeus DE (Pittsburg) 6’5” 267
    4th Round--#124 Duenta Williams S (North Carolina) 6’1” 215

5th Round - #148 (Tampa Bay) Justin Rogers CB (Richmond) 5’10” 182
    5th Round - #156 Deron Mayo OLB (ODU) 6’2” 229 4.37

5th round (comp) Cecil Shorts III WR (Mount Union) 6’0” 205 4.5

6th Round Andrew Jackson OG/OT (Fresno State) 6’5” 295

7th round - #212 (Tampa Bay) David Mims OT (Virginia Union) 6’8” 348

UDFA Blaine Sumner DT (Colorado Mines) 6’1” 355

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

BB is that all your drafting???   lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

17 - JJ Watt
    28 - Carimi
    33 - Reed, Sherrod or Hankerson
    50 - Leshoure

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

My mock assumes both Watt & Jordan are off the board.

I'm also going against the grain and keeping Reed as an option at 60 for now, but think he'll probably end up as a top 50 kid when all is said and done.

I think you'll see some combo of the below options:

17: Kerrigan / Pouncey / Castonzo
    28: Wilkerson / Heyward / Harris
    33: Watkins / Rudolph / Taylor 
    60: Cobb / Reed / Foster
    74: Vereen / Todman / Herzlich
    92: Carpenter / Jenkins / Patrick
    4th: Skrine / Marecic / Elmore
    5th: McElroy / Maehl / A. Robinson
    6th: Keo / Klug / Keiser

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Post your draft and laugh on 5/1/2011:
    BB is that all your drafting???   lol
    Posted by fishers5

I said I would stick to the first two rounds since BB may be dealing away the other mid rd picks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

absolutely agree,,,,i have a feeling that he will trade up for "his guy"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The average team drafts 1/32 of the available players.  At these odds, I probably would have a 1/3 chance of getting even one of ten draft slots right.  Worse, BB drafts guys that no one had ever heard of before.

I might try later.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I think if you are looking to trade up to grab a Dareus type, you better make sure you can get him.

Trading partners would be obviously be teams that are more on the rebuilding scale like a SF, Carolina, maybe STL, Buffalo, Arizona, etc, and sees the value of adding one more high end pick, obviously.

If Arizona comes in and offers you 5 for 17 and 60 for example, you probably take it.

5    DE/DT Dareus
    28  OLB Brooks Reed
    33  OT Derrick Sherrod

That's basically your draft right there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I think if you are looking to trade up to grab a Dareus type, you better make sure you can get him. Trading partners would be obviously be teams that are more on the rebuilding scale like a SF, Carolina, maybe STL, Buffalo, Arizona, etc, and sees the value of adding one more high end pick, obviously. If Arizona comes in and offers you 5 for 17 and 60 for example, you probably take it. 5    DE/DT Dareus 28  OLB Brooks Reed 33  OT Derrick Sherrod That's basically your draft right there.
    Posted by BBReigns

Pretty optimistic to think you can move up 12 spots into the top 5 while keeping both 28 and 33. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I would agree. Maybe one of the 3rd rders needs to be added in there.

My thinking is a team may not feel a rookie cap will be in the new CBA.

It also would rely on the idea that teams value more picks when rebuilding v.s. less picks a few spots higher, etc.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I think if you are looking to trade up to grab a Dareus type, you better make sure you can get him. Trading partners would be obviously be teams that are more on the rebuilding scale like a SF, Carolina, maybe STL, Buffalo, Arizona, etc, and sees the value of adding one more high end pick, obviously. If Arizona comes in and offers you 5 for 17 and 60 for example, you probably take it. 5    DE/DT Dareus 28  OLB Brooks Reed 33  OT Derrick Sherrod That's basically your draft right there.
    Posted by BBReigns

Although not out of the question I'm thinking because of the rookie cap that #5 pick is worth more then in previous years.

In 2009 the NJY traded picks #17 and #52 for Clev's #5. The difference between pick #60 and #52 is about pick #92 but as previously stated with a rookie cap I really don't think even #17, #60, and #74 would get it done.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Yup.  True. In that case, they'd probably have to move #33 along with #17 to get to #5 .

And, I don't feel that is worth it.

How much better would Dareus be over a Cameron Jordan?   Not enough, IMO.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

My mock assumes both Watt & Jordan are off the board. I'm also going against the grain and keeping Reed as an option at 60 for now, but think he'll probably end up as a top 50 kid when all is said and done. I think you'll see some combo of the below options: 17: Kerrigan / Pouncey / Castonzo 28: Wilkerson / Heyward / Harris 33: Watkins / Rudolph / Taylor  60: Cobb / Reed / Foster 74: Vereen / Todman / Herzlich 92: Carpenter / Jenkins / Patrick 4th: Skrine / Marecic / Elmore 5th: McElroy / Maehl / A. Robinson 6th: Keo / Klug / Keiser
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

makes sense mb,
    but who do you want out of this combo as your first choice  (2nd,etc)
    thanks

cbdam/brdbreu

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Yup.  True. In that case, they'd probably have to move #33 along with #17 to get to #5 . And, I don't feel that is worth it. How much better would Dareus be over a Cameron Jordan?   Not enough, IMO.
    Posted by BBReigns

hey bb,
    mayock seems to differ with this opinion.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Great!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: Post your draft and laugh on 5/1/2011 : makes sense mb, but who do you want out of this combo as your first choice  (2nd,etc) thanks cbdam/brdbreu
    Posted by brdbreu

Something like this:

Draft 1Draft 2Draft 3
    17KerriganCastonzoPouncey
    28WilkersonHeywardHarris
    33WatkinsWatkinsTaylor
    60CobbReedFoster
    74VereenHerzlichTodman
    92CarpenterPatrickJenkins
    4thSkrineMarecicElmore
    5thMcElroyMaehlA. Robinson
    6thKeoGreenKeiser

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Option 1 is the best, IMO. Hence, why you have it listed as 1.   heh

You think Reed goes that low (60) in any mock?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

1st Round – #17 traded to Tampa Bay for #20 and #116(4), #148(5), #212(7)

1st round #20 Anthony Constonzo OT (Boston College) or carami OT (Wisconsin)

1st Round – #28 traded for the chargers #50 and 61

I'm going to go with Nate on this one, the above was the top of his board.  For whatever reason I feel that BB has a plan at 17.  He already has his Plan A, B and C figured out and is confident that he will get a player on his list.  Plan A might be Watt falling into range, it could be a Kerrigan or A Smith but most likely, it is an OT.  Otherwise BB would not be so open to moving pick 28 because anyone he has in mind from the 22 to 30 range he would need pick 28 to get him unless he's trading back or taking at 17.  This means he's relying on pick 33 or he doesn't want anyone in the 22 to 30 range. 

I'm not sure BB will trade down 3 spots to select a tackle because SD and the NYG both need OTs.  It isn't worth the 100 draft points to risk seeing the guy you want come off the board.  Most people have Smith and Castonzo ahead of Carimi.  I do too.  But I have Carimi ahead of Sherrod and Solder.  I think Carimi is the best RT prospect of the group and I think he'd make the best OG of the group.  As a LT, I think he's 3rd best, which if why I have him ranked #3.  But the versatility of a guy with Carimi's character, size and skill set to be able to play LT, RT and OG make him a valuable commodity to BB and worthy of pick 17.

So Nate is right, Carimi would be a solid pick at 17.  He kills both ugly birds (I mean this literally and figuratively) in Light and Mankins.  He's the hedge for both players.  If Mankins holds out, Carimi starts at RG.  If Light leaves in free agency, Vollmer moves to LT and Carimi starts day 1 at RT which is where I think will be his ultimate position with us.  If we draft Carimi, Kaczur is an immediate cap cut casualty.  Set to make $3.5MM a guy with a bad back isn't going to get paid.  So, Carimi makes financial sense.  We offered Light a ridiculous $7MM contract which he didn't take before the lock out.  If Light finds greener pastures Carimi could save us over $10MM less his rookie contract by parting ways with Kaczur and Light.  Light could even yeild a 3rd or 4th round comp pick in 2012.  BB is ALWAYS looking for value and to save money.

I think JJ Watt remains plan A. If Watt and Jordan are still on the board at 13 he could make a move up costing us pick 74 to prevent JAX or SD from doing it, or he can sit tight in hopes JAX goes with a QB and SD is content to get the one we don't take or that they go OT.  Seeing Watt at 17 would be a shock, but Carimi is a near certainty to be there.  He's a safe bet, he will actually improve our OL by playing on the right side and Vollmer replacing Light.  I like it Nate.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Option 1 is the best, IMO. Hence, why you have it listed as 1.   heh You think Reed goes that low (60) in any mock?
    Posted by BBReigns

At this point, I think Reed is a top 50 kid in this class so 60, while possible, is more wishful thinking.  I had mocked him at 28 previously, but have come down from that a bit.  With that being said, I'd be pumped to see NE take him at any point within the first two days as he's one of my favorite prospects in the entire class.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: Post your draft and laugh on 5/1/2011 : At this point, I think Reed is a top 50 kid in this class so 60, while possible, is more wishful thinking.  I had mocked him at 28 previously, but have come down from that a bit.  With that being said, I'd be pumped to see NE take him at any point within the first two days as he's one of my favorite prospects in the entire class.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

But if the SD 50/61 for 28 happens, we'd be in a perfect spot at 50 for Reed.  Another thought is Bruce Carter.  Would BB gamble a second time on an LB with an ACL trying to come back?  He rolled the dice on McKenzie, a late first/early 2nd talent in the 3rd round.  McKenzie couldn't come back so we wasted the pick.  Bruce Carter would have been a solid mid 20s pick if he hadn't gotten hurt.  If he's hanging around at 74, do we start thinking about taking a chance on him? 

I'm not sure how how much pressure a healthy Carter would generate compared to Reed but side-to-side he's a much better tackler than Reed.  He's also a bit of a ball hawk having 3 picks in the past 3 years taking 2 of them to the house.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

1st Round – #17 traded to Tampa Bay for #20 and #116(4), #148(5), #212(7) 1 st round #20 Anthony Constonzo OT (Boston College) or carami OT (Wisconsin) 1st Round – #28 traded for the chargers #50 and 61 I'm going to go with Nate on this one, the above was the top of his board.  For whatever reason I feel that BB has a plan at 17.  He already has his Plan A, B and C figured out and is confident that he will get a player on his list.  Plan A might be Watt falling into range, it could be a Kerrigan or A Smith but most likely, it is an OT.  Otherwise BB would not be so open to moving pick 28 because anyone he has in mind from the 22 to 30 range he would need pick 28 to get him unless he's trading back or taking at 17.  This means he's relying on pick 33 or he doesn't want anyone in the 22 to 30 range.  I'm not sure BB will trade down 3 spots to select a tackle because SD and the NYG both need OTs.  It isn't worth the 100 draft points to risk seeing the guy you want come off the board.  Most people have Smith and Castonzo ahead of Carimi.  I do too.  But I have Carimi ahead of Sherrod and Solder.  I think Carimi is the best RT prospect of the group and I think he'd make the best OG of the group.  As a LT, I think he's 3rd best, which if why I have him ranked #3.  But the versatility of a guy with Carimi's character, size and skill set to be able to play LT, RT and OG make him a valuable commodity to BB and worthy of pick 17. So Nate is right, Carimi would be a solid pick at 17.  He kills both ugly birds (I mean this literally and figuratively) in Light and Mankins.  He's the hedge for both players.  If Mankins holds out, Carimi starts at RG.  If Light leaves in free agency, Vollmer moves to LT and Carimi starts day 1 at RT which is where I think will be his ultimate position with us.  If we draft Carimi, Kaczur is an immediate cap cut casualty.  Set to make $3.5MM a guy with a bad back isn't going to get paid.  So, Carimi makes financial sense.  We offered Light a ridiculous $7MM contract which he didn't take before the lock out.  If Light finds greener pastures Carimi could save us over $10MM less his rookie contract by parting ways with Kaczur and Light.  Light could even yeild a 3rd or 4th round comp pick in 2012.  BB is ALWAYS looking for value and to save money. I think JJ Watt remains plan A. If Watt and Jordan are still on the board at 13 he could make a move up costing us pick 74 to prevent JAX or SD from doing it, or he can sit tight in hopes JAX goes with a QB and SD is content to get the one we don't take or that they go OT.  Seeing Watt at 17 would be a shock, but Carimi is a near certainty to be there.  He's a safe bet, he will actually improve our OL by playing on the right side and Vollmer replacing Light.  I like it Nate.
    Posted by Faucetman

yeah that was pretty much my thinking, I doubt jordan/watt will be there are 17 so i would trade down due to the fact that i beleive that we could get carimi or costanzo around 21 and pick up a few picks.   Faucet are you going to finish the draft?  Brady is the franchise and we need to protect him.  our lack of the ability to protect brady from the pass rush cost us the game against the jets.  Let's fix that problem. I like carimi's skill set but his attitude during the palyer interviews is questionable.  right now i would rank the top OT's (as they fit with the pats)
    1. costonzo
    2. carimi
    3. T smith
    4. sherrod
    5. solder

Sections
Shortcuts