Poster Imperfect

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Poster Imperfect

In response to BurtonMercer's comment:

They were a very good, experienced AFC team, yes.   They also got a huge hand from the refs to even to get to that SB, but that's not another story. I actually expected ref work in that game going into it, so the loss was annoying, but I wasn't shocked at all that it was how Indy was going to beat NE.

Goodell wasn't going to have Indy lose at home after losing in the postseason to NE like that in previous years.

Tonight, Stern will make sure Miami gets plenty of questionable calls.

Right nutjob. We are all aware of your plethora of conspiracy theories regarding BB and the NFL.

The media are conspiring against BB.

The League offices are conspiring against BB.

The game officials are conspiring against BB.

Did I leave anybody out?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to digger0862's comment:

What is ludicrous is that you just won my argument for me!

Obviously if you are admitting Kraft would have had to go out and get an exceptional HC and QB to maintain anything near the level of performance that BB&TB gave, then the team must have actually been a bunch of JAGs, otherwise you wouldn't be needing the top notch HC&QB (the rest of the team obviously isn't going to lift them above the rest according to your own words). LMAO

Football is a team game. A bunch of JAGs would not have made it to the super bowl and come one play from winning it.

You seem unable to grasp the concept that subtracting Brady and BB, THE SUM TOTAL is average. It's not that every player comprising the rest of the team is average. EVERY NFL team has good players.

You really think the team around Gomer in 2006 was exceptional? And they won a SB.

They were a very good, experienced AFC team, yes.

Oh, I see. Must have been that 23rd ranked defense the '06 Colts had that makes you crow about how good the team around Gomer was?

Because we all know you think defenses ranked in the 20s are good since you've crowed about ours ad nauseum in that regard.

Bludgeoned for the fool you are yet again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Did I leave anybody out?

ESPN hates all New England teams, and trains it's staff to say bad things about them.

And, most importanty, the whole message board is against Rusty, and it's everyone else that causes the problems, so the board gangs up on poor little Rusty.

And Brady has his own little conspiracy to call his own plays to stroke his stats and lose big games....

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

[QUOTE]

Did I leave anybody out?

ESPN hates all New England teams, and trains it's staff to say bad things about them.

And, most importanty, the whole message board is against Rusty, and it's everyone else that causes the problems, so the board gangs up on poor little Rusty.

And Brady has his own little conspiracy to call his own plays to stroke his stats and lose big games....

[/QUOTE]

Ah yes. I do recall the OB - McD - Brady conspiracy to destroy BB's team and lose SBs that Rusty claims now that you mention it. Thanks for the reminder.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

What is ludicrous is that you just won my argument for me!

Obviously if you are admitting Kraft would have had to go out and get an exceptional HC and QB to maintain anything near the level of performance that BB&TB gave, then the team must have actually been a bunch of JAGs, otherwise you wouldn't be needing the top notch HC&QB (the rest of the team obviously isn't going to lift them above the rest according to your own words). LMAO

Football is a team game. A bunch of JAGs would not have made it to the super bowl and come one play from winning it.

You seem unable to grasp the concept that subtracting Brady and BB, THE SUM TOTAL is average. It's not that every player comprising the rest of the team is average. EVERY NFL team has good players.

You really think the team around Gomer in 2006 was exceptional? And they won a SB.

They were a very good, experienced AFC team, yes.

Oh, I see. Must have been that 23rd ranked defense the '06 Colts had that makes you crow about how good the team around Gomer was?

Because we all know you think defenses ranked in the 20s are good since you've crowed about ours ad nauseum in that regard.

Bludgeoned for the fool you are yet again.

Wasn't our D ranked 24th in 2001?    Again, the ranking of a D based on yards allowed has never told the whole story. The Giants was ranked 27th in 2011. The Saints was ranked in the mid 20s as well.

[/QUOTE]

Our D was ranked 6th in points in 2001. Obviously the total effectiveness is a reflection of both. The '06 Colts were ranked 23rd and 21st in the two categories.

Nobody here has said yards against is the whole story. But dopes like you say it isn't even a part of the story. You are hopeless.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

[QUOTE]

I think it's hilarious that Rusty is accusing others of never admitting they're wrong! 

Almost as funny as you. Have you backed your premise with how Ozzie and Ted Thompson are better GMs than BB yet? LOL!

It was so bad for you, Tegee had to come in and declare you the loser. You always act like you have never been wrong.  Brady could crap his pants with a diaper outside of pants in January and you'd act like Giselle blaming others as if it's normal and Brady throw 3 INTs is no big deal, is somehow a good thing. LOL

You seem like a good dude, but seriously, get off that high horse. Brady has sucked donkey balls in recent postseasons and you trying to put it on BB, the GMs plate, as many have unable to take it here on this board realizing your transparency,  has been a major problem on this board.

Many of us were going to games long before you. Long before you.  Keep flying in from Toronto thinking you're onto something trendy, Prolate.  You might be walking out of there in January after Brady SUCKS yet again.

You have been wrong this whole time wanting Brady in that shotgun throwing that many times.

I never said they were better, which is exactly why it is pointless to discuss these things with you. You either don't understand or willfully distort. I said they were also very good and that it wasn't really fully clear who was best.

The criteria for "best" is very subjective anyway, so all there are are opinions, not definitive answers.  So why argue to death? It's pointless--unless of course someone has a pathological need to continuously pump more hot air into his already overinflated ego . . . 

I asked you to name one better. You gave the board Ozzie and Thompson. It's pathetic, dude. Ted Thompson's draft of Rodgers and Favre trade were like 5 years ago. It  took him 5 years to build that SB team and his QB didn't have a meltdown.  Since then, his salary allocation has DESTROYED the balance of his team. And, you just saw what Ozzie did. He lost 80% of his starters on D and guys like Boldin, Birk and Leach on offense. These are HUGE, HUGE pieces. Good thing Ray Ray announced his last games would be in 2012, huh?  lol

Your premise is that those GMs are close to BB in terms of resume/quality.  You're wrong. AS USUAL on these kinds of topics where you look to bring down BB and prop up Brady.

Repeat after me:

BB is the best coach and GM of all time due to the cap era.

Brady has SUCKED most of the time in the postseason in recent years.

Get over it, Prolate.

[/QUOTE]

Ravens have been a tough challenge for the Pats recently.  Next year hasn't happened yet, so we'll see how well Newsome has transitioned.  Whatever BB's genius as a GM, he hasn't transitioned the secondary very well as guys have left.  Cap issues aren't a problem for BB, but quality at some positions has been.  Other teams have more cap issues, but also maybe better quality.  My point all alomg has been that BB is among the top, but his approach requires trade offs and there's a fair argument to be made that other GMs have done about as well at least over the pas six or seven years.  Let's not forget that the Ravens knocked the Pats out of the playoffs in 2009 and 2012 and should have in 2011.  Newsome's teams certainly have been on par with BB's recently.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

Hope you're happy Digger....lol!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

I think it's hilarious that Rusty is accusing others of never admitting they're wrong! 

Almost as funny as you. Have you backed your premise with how Ozzie and Ted Thompson are better GMs than BB yet? LOL!

It was so bad for you, Tegee had to come in and declare you the loser. You always act like you have never been wrong.  Brady could crap his pants with a diaper outside of pants in January and you'd act like Giselle blaming others as if it's normal and Brady throw 3 INTs is no big deal, is somehow a good thing. LOL

You seem like a good dude, but seriously, get off that high horse. Brady has sucked donkey balls in recent postseasons and you trying to put it on BB, the GMs plate, as many have unable to take it here on this board realizing your transparency,  has been a major problem on this board.

Many of us were going to games long before you. Long before you.  Keep flying in from Toronto thinking you're onto something trendy, Prolate.  You might be walking out of there in January after Brady SUCKS yet again.

You have been wrong this whole time wanting Brady in that shotgun throwing that many times.

I never said they were better, which is exactly why it is pointless to discuss these things with you. You either don't understand or willfully distort. I said they were also very good and that it wasn't really fully clear who was best.

The criteria for "best" is very subjective anyway, so all there are are opinions, not definitive answers.  So why argue to death? It's pointless--unless of course someone has a pathological need to continuously pump more hot air into his already overinflated ego . . . 

I asked you to name one better. You gave the board Ozzie and Thompson. It's pathetic, dude. Ted Thompson's draft of Rodgers and Favre trade were like 5 years ago. It  took him 5 years to build that SB team and his QB didn't have a meltdown.  Since then, his salary allocation has DESTROYED the balance of his team. And, you just saw what Ozzie did. He lost 80% of his starters on D and guys like Boldin, Birk and Leach on offense. These are HUGE, HUGE pieces. Good thing Ray Ray announced his last games would be in 2012, huh?  lol

Your premise is that those GMs are close to BB in terms of resume/quality.  You're wrong. AS USUAL on these kinds of topics where you look to bring down BB and prop up Brady.

Repeat after me:

BB is the best coach and GM of all time due to the cap era.

Brady has SUCKED most of the time in the postseason in recent years.

Get over it, Prolate.

Ravens have been a tough challenge for the Pats recently.  Next year hasn't happened yet, so we'll see how well Newsome has transitioned.  Whatever BB's genius as a GM, he hasn't transitioned the secondary very well as guys have left.  Cap issues aren't a problem for BB, but quality at some positions has been.  Other teams have more cap issues, but also maybe better quality.  My point all alomg has been that BB is among the top, but his approach requires trade offs and there's a fair argument to be made that other GMs have done about as well at least over the pas six or seven years.  Let's not forget that the Ravens knocked the Pats out of the playoffs in 2009 and 2012 and should have in 2011.  Newsome's teams certainly have been on par with BB's recently.  

queenie thinks the cap is the end all and be all of everything, it's his failsafe to fall back on whenever there are questions about bellichick's resume

one day he may even admit brady basically fell in bellichick's lap and pats have played in a division with three inept franchises for most of the past decade plus- but i doubt it

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

I responded to Wozzy, but then reconsidered and deleted it for the sake of taking higher ground.........feels good! Not bad for a fictitious being, eh, Wozz? I'm still here........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to wmasschilly's comment:

Hope you're happy Digger....lol!!!

I know, lol. I didn't have a choice, though. This thread completes my other one. Balance in the universe had to be restored.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I have admitted that the Patriots have an average team. The point that gets lost is that every team is some shade of average. Belichick and Brady bring them to the top of the NFL. You want dominance and that's a pipe dream.

Also, Welker and Gronk are tops at their positions in the NFL. The offensive line is above average, near the best in the NFL. On defense there's Wilfork, Mayo and McCourty. The rest of the young defense has shown flashes of what they can be. They should be vastly improved this year.

The 2006 Colts had very good players at the skill positions and on the offensive line. Their defense wasn't strong but they caused problems with oposing offenses when they needed to. The Colts were no more of a one man team with Manning than Brady is here. That's ludicrous! lol

Finally, the teams that have won the super bowl since we last won one were not great teams. The Ravens last year should have lost to the Broncos and been one and done. But they didn't so that makes them the best at team building? No, that makes them very good at it but so are the Patriots. At least the Patriots are in position to go to the big dance each and every year. You can't say that about any other team.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to NedBraden's comment:

How is the highest winning % of any NFL team since 2007 or even before that, translating into "average"?

What on earth? They were in two SBs the last 5 years and were 1 rare play away in each from winning those SBs.

There are no great teams anymore. Every team is some shade of average.

The last team I would consider great was the 2007 Patriots.

Look, I'm the biggest homer there is but the Patriots are average just like the Ravens, Falcons, Broncos, Texans, 49ers and Packers are average. I'll say above average if that makes you feel better but I can't call them great

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]You seem unable to grasp the concept that subtracting Brady and BB, THE SUM TOTAL is average. It's not that every player comprising the rest of the team is average. EVERY NFL team has good players.

I have admitted that the Patriots have an average team. The point that gets lost is that every team is some shade of average. Belichick and Brady bring them to the top of the NFL. You want dominance and that's a pipe dream.

[/QUOTE]

Well, unless you think guys like Eli and BR are equal to Brady, then their teams HAD to be better than average by the reasoning you just expressed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]You seem unable to grasp the concept that subtracting Brady and BB, THE SUM TOTAL is average. It's not that every player comprising the rest of the team is average. EVERY NFL team has good players.

[/QUOTE]

Well, unless you think guys like Eli and BR are equal to Brady, then their teams HAD to be better than average by the reasoning you just expressed.

[/QUOTE]

And that's just it, those teams were built better, but we had Brady. It amazes me that there are maybe three people on these boards that don't understand that. It really does.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And that's just it, those teams were built better, but we had Brady. It amazes me that there are maybe three people on these boards that don't understand that. It really does.

[/QUOTE]

It's called denial.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Babe and mthurl, if a QB can can affect the outcome of games like you say than why did Joe Montana and his team of all stars only go to 4 super bowls when Tom Brady and his JAGS went to 5. Brady must be way better than Montana ever was!

If Brady makes up for so many deficits on the Patriots then why didn't Montana win more with his all star team?

Sections
Shortcuts