Poster Perfect

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Poster Perfect

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tippett should be up before Troy brown. Tippett went to the HOF playing for the pats when they were as good as present day Jacksonville. If he had played for the cowboys or niners he'd been amazing.

[QUOTE]

The same could be said about Irving Fryar, on another team he would have been Jerry Rice, what he did in the latter part of his career was an indicator what he could have done with a great QB his entire career, the same could be said about Vincent Brown one of the best MLB's on the worst team, or Raymond Clayborn... there's no shortage of great players on bad Patriot's team but it doesn't diminish that Troy Brown was one of the greatest Patriots ever or that he showed up in every playoff series for the champs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

If you want the BEST Patriots of all time you cannot leave out the following so far overlooked:

1. Mike Haynes - THE best CB of his era not just on Patriots. Leaving him off would be like the Jets leaving Revis off their list

2. Steve Nelson - The ILB in our 3-4 of the moster D teams of mid to late 70s and on into the 80s. Though I was more a fan of Sam Hunt, the other ILB (who was the size of a DT playing LB) Nelson was sort of like Bruski but not quite so agile though maybe a little more physical.... that is to say he was like a coach on the field and tough. Maybe a comparison to Vrabel or Harrison (though the latter a S) might be more accurate.

3. Julius Adams - The best DL on what was the best Defense in the NFL for a few years (1976-1978 or so and a good D after)

4. Leon Gray - sidekick to John Hannah. He was the best OT we had till ... well, he was a GREAT run blovker and a good pass blocker. Light was a great pass blocker and a good run blocker. Gray and Hannah led the solid O line that set all time NFL team rushing records without an all world RB - we had Sam cunningham who was actually a great FB... He was a powerhouse and a great blocker himself. But we did not have a true superstar RB and yet had the best and most DOMINANT running game in the league setting records. Hard to find a team dominating the running game without a standout HOF RB. Really good running teams yes but not at the level they played.

5. Jim Nance..... WHY IS EVERYONE here overlooking this guy... He could have been first on this list... I get that it was a long time ago but he was the most dominanting RB the AFL ever had though he cam ein to the league just as the two leagues were merging. His limited fame was due to having a career shortened by injuries. He might have been better the Larry Czonka.. he certainly had bigger years and could break runs that Czonka could not and yet he was huge and could push the pile as well as any power back. If you guys never saw him play you should try to find film. Truly great. Should have been a first ballot HOFer ... but as I say, injuries - and playing for what was a terrible Pats team at the time.

Those are the first guys that come to mind that have been overlooked here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

ANd one more name to throw out but I get why he is not on most peoples: Russ Francis. He was not consistent as a receiver. BUt he was like Gronk in every way... except he was faster! The problems were:

1. He was as I say inconsistant as a receiver

2. He played on a team that ran ALL the time and still beat you.... His blovking was a part of that but it meant less chances at catches as we did not pass much...

3. And when we did pass we had a tough QB but Steve Grogan was just WAY to inconsistant with his accuracy (always near the bottom of the leage) and we did have some good WRs for targets...

This was the team for Francis in terms of his blocking but not to showcase all his talents. If he had been on a team with a good passing game he might be talked about with much more frequency. Maybe. At least he would have had the chance to prove his abilities as a receiver more thoroughly. But he was Gronk before Gronk was born. I do not exagerate. And he did not get injuried like Gronk has so far.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

[QUOTE]

Tippett should be up before Troy brown. Tippett went to the HOF playing for the pats when they were as good as present day Jacksonville. If he had played for the cowboys or niners he'd been amazing.

[QUOTE]

The same could be said about Irving Fryar, on another team he would have been Jerry Rice, what he did in the latter part of his career was an indicator what he could have done with a great QB his entire career, the same could be said about Vincent Brown one of the best MLB's on the worst team, or Raymond Clayborn... there's no shortage of great players on bad Patriot's team but it doesn't diminish that Troy Brown was one of the greatest Patriots ever or that he showed up in every playoff series for the champs.

True, the list of Pats great players on those Teams was endless. If they had played on another Team with a better supporting cast? ...... Ironically today the opposite is true, that former Pats players don't perform that well elsewhere (Curtis Martin the exception ..... Jim Plunkett). If we could put together an all-time Pats Team at each position and match them with any other Team, I think the Pats would be near the Top as one of the best.

Don't forget Wozzy, to put RallyC on the all-time practice squad .... hhhmmm

Have a good evening ....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

Ive been reading this and thinking about it and I'm not poster perfect but I love all things Patriots and football !!

I ve been on here for six years (god I'm getting older) and have learned so much about football. had a few cat fights, but I'm still here. so at this time this is how I feel.

love to learn from:

Zbellino, texas pat. patseng and mbeaulieu

want to have fun with"

Harley road king, kansas, tfb12

miss the most:

blissman, hotman, Laz and mvkilla

Thanks Game. You have to post around here more often. We miss you sometimes. I miss Harley, Laz, and killa too. They were good posters

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to fatsam72's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to antibody's comment:

[QUOTE]

... As far as Antibody, I don't recall what he adds here so I really don't know much about him or what he posts.  He can feel anyway he wants about me, it's all good. 

... gnrkq'q...

(I'll add more later)

you're coming off as quite the d head antibody.  You and achenot both.  What happened w TFB re: rusty is what often happens - TFB hit a breaking point with Rusty's negativity and corrosive BS and decided he was done with it.  

The fact you guys don't see it that way (or choose not to) I think says more about you than it does TFB. 

Rusty has some good football insight.   But hs issues have really degraded this forum on several levels, decency and respect being the worst offense.   Sorry for the Truthocution, but hey. 

Fact is, most people here could get together over beers and say the same stuff in the same way they do here and we'd all be fine (even those rat bastaht fans of other teams). If Rusty did he'd never stop getting his azz kicked.  That should tell you something.  

[/QUOTE]

Thanks fatsam72!  And you are 100% correct.  I had enough of Rusty getting away with lies and the attacks and name calling.  I felt it was time do something about it and I am sorry to all that were turned off by me doing so.  But enough was enough.  I believe I get along with most others here with the exception two one poster  Rusty and RallyC.  Smile

Oh, and I don't think Achenot was meaning anything mean spirited in his comment. He is a good dude.

[/QUOTE]

yup

got it

d head

bye

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

First let me say this is a great thread. Lot's of peace pipe going around. If everyone can keep it civil without name calling or troll finger pointing this board can be great again. After reading Sask post it does give me hope we can bring in some new perspective instead of scaring it away. Sask, please post more it's always fun to have someone post more often with a different perspective. Doesn't matter how much football knowledge you have it's always fun to debate with people. I mean look at Pro, he really knows nothing about footbll and we love him anyways (he tries). J/k Pro, you know more than I do

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

Ha . . . most of what I know about football I learned from reading you and others here on BDC!  

[/QUOTE]

This ^^^^^ is what this thread is all about. The human side as well as the Football discussion and knowledge aspects sides. See now, these guys give credit to all of you for your contributions. This is exactly one reason why I chose them #1 PatsEng and #2 prolate. These guys know and are not afraid to engage but also have the intelligence and savvy to disengage.

Yes, we all enjoy what each has to offer. We have - on this board - the 'Stats guys, the cap guys, the draft guys, schematic guys, matchup guys, history guys, even a board prophet. . Rusty seems to know more about 'other Teams' - past and present - as anyone.

Add, some self acclaimed homers as well. The Pink hats and Bandwagonners, irrationals and trolls? Up to you...... lol, I'd prefer that you stop mentioning them because as I always said 'WE all know already".

We are the best collective Pats and NFL Forum. Everyone wins. All of you here do such a good job that once i see what is written, I can't add much ... you do it all for me.

Let's stay on topic here, OK? Pick your top posters. Any category.

Thanks to all ....;-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

... gnrkq'q...

(I'll add more later)

yup

got it

d head

bye

Hahaha!!  Nice add!  Glad you felt the need to come back and add those wise comments.  You don't have to be such a hater, but if you must...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

... gnrkq'q...

(I'll add more later)

yup

got it

d head

bye

Hahaha!!  Nice add!  Glad you felt the need to come back and add those wise comments.  You don't have to be such a hater, but if you must...

You are far more filled with hatred than I could ever be.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

Great, great thread!

I don't think I'm consistent enough in my own opinions to agree completely with any other poster. I'm for sale for a strong argument, and those can come from many different sources.

But as a guy who has been a reader for years, though only rarely posts, I can say that there is a core group of posters I always like to read, because what they bring to the table shows knowledge deeper than mine, they are well articulated, and/or are just plain fun to read. I'll forget a lot of names, but these jump to mind:

Zbellino, Prolate, ATJ, TFB12, Getzo, PatsEng, and also Rusty. 
    The last may be controversial, increasingly as threads go on and tempers flare, but usaually his opening statements are relevant and with an angle/analysis/opinion on a subject that is worth taking a stance on. That's a positive in and of itself.

But I would like to say a big thank you to all of you who post regularly. This is, with Mike Reiss a strong second, my primary source for all things NFL and Patriots. Analysis, knowledge, opinions, and - heated - arguments in spades. What more could a fan wish for?

Football just wouldn't be the same without you!

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

Anonymos, portfolio. Rare posters but always have good stuff to stay. They dont waste  any words on BS. just post good football. Me on the other hand,I tend to stray from the path depending on whos on the thread saying what.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

... gnrkq'q...

(I'll add more later)

yup

got it

d head

bye

You might want to rethink that, your use of d head is far worse then any word I have ever used here.  I think that pretty much shows there is some deep hate going on.  With that said, may your day be filled with promise and your dreams filled with hope.  Good day to you, Sir!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to DanishPastry's comment:

Great, great thread!

I don't think I'm consistent enough in my own opinions to agree completely with any other poster. I'm for sale for a strong argument, and those can come from many different sources.

But as a guy who has been a reader for years, though only rarely posts, I can say that there is a core group of posters I always like to read, because what they bring to the table shows knowledge deeper than mine, they are well articulated, and/or are just plain fun to read. I'll forget a lot of names, but these jump to mind:

The last may be controversial, increasingly as threads go on and tempers flare, but usaually his opening statements are relevant and with an angle/analysis/opinion on a subject that is worth taking a stance on. That's a positive in and of itself.

But I would like to say a big thank you to all of you who post regularly. This is, with Mike Reiss a strong second, my primary source for all things NFL and Patriots. Analysis, knowledge, opinions, and - heated - arguments in spades. What more could a fan wish for?

Thank you, and that was a great post.  Clearly by reading your post you are very articulate, I certainly would be interested in reading more posts from you and having you sharing your views.  I hope you decide to post more.  I certainly don't think being inconsistant in your views is a negative thing.  It shows raw emotion at any given time,  I enjoy that.

A forum full of different thoughts, different opinions is what really makes a forum interesting.  The names you mention are some of may favorits too, along with many more here.  I think this place is full of very good, fun, interesting and insightful people.  The only sad thing is there are several very good, fun and insightful posters who have left over the past year that I wish would come back and post more.  Maybe by the time the season is ready to begin they will come back and join us.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

Ive been reading this and thinking about it and I'm not poster perfect but I love all things Patriots and football !!

I ve been on here for six years (god I'm getting older) and have learned so much about football. had a few cat fights, but I'm still here. so at this time this is how I feel.

love to learn from:

Zbellino, texas pat. patseng and mbeaulieu

want to have fun with"

Harley road king, kansas, tfb12

miss the most:

blissman, hotman, Laz and mvkilla

Thanks Gamer. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Great, great thread!

Thanks DP. 

Hope to see you around here more often.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckles' comment:

[QUOTE]

Great, great thread!

Thanks for the words. I dig your posts as well.  No drama, tell it like it is and you do your homework before forming your opinion.

I am only "controversial" because

[/QUOTE]

because you are a nutcase who has a plethora of fake accounts and are a troll.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

... gnrkq'q...

(I'll add more later)

yup

got it

d head

bye

You might want to rethink that, your use of d head is far worse then any word I have ever used here.

Nice attempt at twisting things, little troll, but you know that was in response to your boy fatsam. Why didn't you scold him for use of the term when it was directed at me?

As with practically everything you post... weak. Very, very weak.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

TFB12 showing off his new wheels.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[/QUOTE]

I think that pretty much shows there is some deep hate going on.

Sure is. It oozes from your pores.

With that said, may your day be filled with promise and your dreams filled with hope.  Good day to you, Sir!

Thanks, Narcissus.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckles' comment:

Sure, Babe. Sure.  The only nutcase is you running around here calling multiple different humans "Rusty" like a psyhco.

Pudding or fruit cup for dessert tonight?

I'm far from the only one claiming you have fake accounts dumbkoff.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I think that pretty much shows there is some deep hate going on.

Sure is. It oozes from your pores.

With that said, may your day be filled with promise and your dreams filled with hope.  Good day to you, Sir!

Thanks, Narcissus.

[/QUOTE]

You are welcome!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

he wouldn't have been jerry rice...come on!

there was one jerry rice thats it

Sections
Shortcuts