Potential WRs for the Pats to think about

  1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

    Potential WRs for the Pats to think about

    Briscoe and Meier from Kansas. watched these guys the past two years. they have pretty good hands. Briscoe is quick, and meier is a former QB

    http://www2.kusports.com/news/2010/mar/01/briscoe-meier-have-ok-showing-nfl-combine/
     
  2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

    Re: Potential WRs for the Pats to think about

    I like Briscoe
    i also think the WR from Florida, Riley Cooper, would be a good fit
    as well as Demaryius Thomas from G-tech
    or really any reciever that was a number #1 in college

    id have a problem if we spent a pick on another WR who was a backup in college... like Matthew Slater

    this draft has a lot of good WRs that could really help us out, we need someone that has a lot in college and has been productive...
    i say Freddie Barnes from Bowling Green... he was even more productive than Austin Collie, and id love to see what Barnes could do in our system
     
  3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

    Re: Potential WRs for the Pats to think about

    Too bad we don't have a 3rd round pick because that might be the best time to pick up a wide receiver... the draft is that deep at this position.  I question whether we should expend a second-rounder with Brandon Tate now available to us.  Maybe we could wait to the 4th to make this pick.
     
  4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RealtyPats. Show RealtyPats's posts

    Re: Potential WRs for the Pats to think about

    I have to agree, Galloway was suppose to be a cupholder to Tate came back, Tate never meet it back last year and Galloway was a bust so we had a huge hole there last year.  With Moss only having one year left of his contract thou you could agrue we could draft a WR as high as 1st round in hopes to have Moss's replacement and someone to play opposite side of him with for the future with Tate and a high rounder.   I think Golden Tate would a perfect fit here.
     
  5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

    Re: Potential WRs for the Pats to think about

    Mike Williams WR, Syracuse
    hes as talented as any WR in the draft but he does have some baggage, but he is an absolute beast
    could definitely be there in the 4th round... reminiscent of Brandon Marshal, would be a top 10 pick if he didnt have the baggage

    i also like
    Carlton Mitchell WR, South Florida
    hes a big, 6-4 21 lbs reciever with super long arms
    he could be there in the 5th or 6th round, this kid is good

    this website does a great job of explaining the WRs
     
  6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

    Re: Potential WRs for the Pats to think about

    In Response to Re: Potential WRs for the Pats to think about:
    Mike Williams WR , Syracuse hes as talented as any WR in the draft but he does have some baggage, but he is an absolute beast could definitely be there in the 4th round... reminiscent of Brandon Marshal, would be a top 10 pick if he didnt have the baggage i also like Carlton Mitchell WR , South Florida hes a big, 6-4 21 lbs reciever with super long arms he could be there in the 5th or 6th round, this kid is good this website does a great job of explaining the WRs http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/front-office-total-access-stats.html&position=wr
    Posted by Gulo
    Yes Mike Williams is a good WR and I love Freddie Barnes and Donald Jones I wouldn't hate it if the Patriots draft anyone of about 34 WR's all of them are quality College players at their respective schools. As for the kid from USF Carleton Mitchell he isn't going to be on the board after the 2nd round. You want a 6th round receiver Bryan Anderson from Central Michigan or Seyo Ajiratutu from Fresno State or maybe Gordy Nelson from UF. There are several others all of whom have displayed some decent receiver skills throughout their college careers. If you guys want the scoop on all the WR's who are available in this draft go to National Football Post.com and check them all out!
     
  7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

    Re: Potential WRs for the Pats to think about

    BB will trade a second rounder for two third rounders at any time.  Furthermore, some dummy (er, some enterprising trading partner) is likely to make BB that offer. 

    Last year, Green Bay jumped up from #41 to #26 and New England picked up two third rounders in the deal.  There was a fifth rounder in the deal too but that was small change.   I wish GB all the best with their pick, linebacker Clay Matthews. 

    Now that I think of it, third rounder Brandon Tate still has a 40% chance of turning into a hot young wideout for the Pats, and a 60% chance of going into Obamacare's pre-existing condition pool.  Let's count the wideouts that we have too, or fractions of them.
     
  8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

    Re: Potential WRs for the Pats to think about

    My guy is Scott Long.  He has tied the all time NFL combine historical record for the 3-cone drill.  That's one of the events in which Julian Edelman excels, and in which Wes Welker excels.  Nobody can cover these types of guys so they're wide open, and then they explode up the field after the catch for YACs.  Add to this Scott Long's extra height and you have a beastie that has never before in NFL history been seen on a playing field. 

    Brian Hoyer's mom could hit this guy.  Can't you just see her in slacks taking the snap, dropping back three steps and throwing the heavy object as far as she can?
     
  9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jiminycricket. Show jiminycricket's posts

    Re: Potential WRs for the Pats to think about

    I would like to see a physical receiver like Lafell, Demarius Thomas or Arrelious Benn. somebody who can block well and lay some big hits on CBs to make them pay.  If those guys are gone, I would like Jermaine Gresham at TE.
     
  10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

    Re: Potential WRs for the Pats to think about

        GULO,TAKE A GANDER AT SANDERS FROM SMU,YOU'LL LIKE HIM.BARNES MAY GO EARLIER THAN MANY BELIEVE BUT IF HE SLIPS TO THE 6TH ROUND THE PATS SHOULD JUMP ON HIM.
     
  11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

    Re: Potential WRs for the Pats to think about

    Scott Long will be in that group of WR's in the 5-7th rounders. As will the 2 QB's turning into Wideuts Joe Webb and Armanti Edwards. There are a plethora of WR's in this draft heck even little Rich Gunnell from BC should get drafted in the 7th round. As for the other local players McGlaughlin and Tennant they are 2-5th round material.There has been a lot of chatter about U-Conn WR Marcus Easley I'm thinking he's in that 3-4 round draftable range...
     
  12. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

    Re: Potential WRs for the Pats to think about

    With their huge hole at DE/OLB I think WR will be addressing lower than the #1. I'd be shocked if Benn wasn't very high on their draft board.  He's not Moss's replacement as a deep threat, but he certainly adds a physical WR. And just might be there for the second pick.

    I don't get the B Tate dismissal's.  He likely would have been a 1st rounder. His injuries take more than a year to fully recover from (last check it will be more than 1 1/2 years). He was having a good year as a WR before getting hurt in college and was already a stand-out KR...something they also need. Maybe it's guilt by association, Slater and B Johnson were never the guy Tate is. 

    I do agree they don't need a guy to be the return man.  If they draft a speedy WR besides Benn, it's to stretch the field, not feilding kicks.
     

Share