Power rankings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Power rankings

Don't know if this has been discussed (sorry if it has), just saw that the Colts are ranked 27th! Really don't know if it means anything or not, but I have to say, I was shocked. Are the Colts really that bad?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Power rankings

Who's ranking?  And no way.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

yeah, that is idiotic and not possible... of course no link was provided to prove it

ESPN's weekly power rankings from Tuesday:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2012/week/16

Colts are 9th

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

No they aren't.  I have them at 21st. 

They play a fourth place schedule and two of the four teams in their division are pathetic, so their win totals are a bit inflated. 

Assuming that Indy and Baltimore (17th) stumble into the playoffs, the wild card games will be a joke unless these two teams somehow play each other.  Anything is possible today, because today is Mayan apocalypse day.  Personally, I'm hoping that before the day is out, Indy, Baltimore and Cleveland all switch teams.  (I really like the alliteration of the names, "Baltimore Browns" and "Cleveland Colts")

I remember when Seattle was nothing short of horrible for a 8-8 playoff team, but they had homefield advantage for one game and so they snuck through their wild card round.  They became an easy call for me in the divisional round.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Ok Paul "random guy on the internet" K

You can rank them 21st all you want. But you can't speak in absolutes and say 'no they are not 9th' ESPN happens to think they are and the collection of sports writers who put that weekly list together has WAY more credibility than you.

Its a free country so disagree all you want. But you can't say for sure they are not a top 10 team and frankly look foolish saying they come in as low as 21st.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

All these rankings do is give folks something to banter about.  Note how the top team invariably is the last top tier team to win a key game.  Hence we see the 49'ers there in many polls after not being close all season!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Andy Hart has the Colts ranked 27th according to his power index.
    He also has the Patriots 7th.

http://blog.patriots.com/2012/12/18/from-the-hart-pfw-nfl-power-rankings-6/

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

are a joke.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Coldhardfootballfacts has Indy 28 and Minnesota 22, based purely on stats ...  Hmmm....pats 7...

Andy could be scarfing on that website... Lol.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You can rank them 21st all you want. But you can't speak in absolutes and say 'no they are not 9th' ESPN happens to think they are and the collection of sports writers who put that weekly list together has WAY more credibility than you.

Its a free country so disagree all you want. But you can't say for sure they are not a top 10 team and frankly look foolish saying they come in as low as 21st.

[/QUOTE]

Rameakap. Paul has been sharing his system for a few years now on this board. He puts more time into his system than the turds on espn or nfl network. Paul is a geek about this stuff and may live in his moms basement ( just teasing you Paul) but I like his post and he has made me a believer that he does in fact have a system and it works better than most media outlets. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]

yeah, that is idiotic and not possible... of course no link was provided to prove it

ESPN's weekly power rankings from Tuesday:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2012/week/16

Colts are 9th

[/QUOTE]

I thought it was pro football weekly, but I was wrong. Please dont jump off that cliff. Its not that big of a deal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In response to thehub's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rameakap. Paul has been sharing his system for a few years now on this board. He puts more time into his system than the turds on espn or nfl network. Paul is a geek about this stuff and may live in his moms basement ( just teasing you Paul) but I like his post and he has made me a believer that he does in fact have a system and it works better than most media outlets. 

[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. +1

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to thehub's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes anyone who creates their own system and isn't get paid for it is kinda a dork with a lot of time on their hands, but more power to ya Paul!

This thread is called 'power' rankings... not stat geek rankings. I can see an argument for moving the 9-5 Colts below a few teams that are 8-6, but anyone who puts MULTIPLE 7-7 or 6-8 teams ahead of a 9-5 team in POWER RANKINGS... is 100% wrong at this point in the season.

Sorry Paul, The Rams, Saints, Bucs, Jets and Dolphins are NOT better than the Colts. You can argue that maybe the Steelers, Vikings and Cowboys are, but I don't think so. And the Ravens/Bears def were just 3 weeks ago, but with all their injuries, are not currently playing better than the Colts, who have the same or a  better record. 

Sections
Shortcuts